IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

£75 for paintbrushes, anyone?

Postby IBBoard at 13 Oct 2005, 12:31

I was just investigaing carry cases (my 1500pt Ork army is soon going to include a Warboss, three Kans and a Dreadnought!) and having checked on Oracle Games for non-GW ones, I thought I'd compare them to GW ones. While there I noticed a Citadel Masters PAintbrush set!

Now I know the quality of your tools makes a difference, but £75 still seems crazy :D I need a new Standard brush, but I'm going to see what the local planes, trains and automobiles model shop can do instead of paying £2 from GW :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: £75 for paintbrushes, anyone?

Postby IBBoard at 24 Nov 2005, 16:55

Just to keep everyone who cares informed (yes, all zero of you :D) I ended up having to buy a GW brush anyway because the model shop wasn't open on the several days I tried :\

Also, the Citadel Masters Paintbrush Set is a complete ripoff. They apparently supply you with 'Kolinsky' sable brushes, which are available (down to 10/0!) online from Oracle Games for less than £2 each! Now either GW have some very special version of those Kolinsky burshes or they're charging an awful lot for the soap and water holder!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)