The Tau

T'pek

RE: The Tau

Postby T'pek at 17 Jan 2002, 11:15

Well... any Tau player mind giving me some info about them ;)
(like their codex! :D )

PLEASE! :)
I really need it, it's pretty hard to get any GW stuff in Israel and they're not listed in my armies-book.

And it will be sometime before the next time I go to Britain.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 17 Jan 2002, 20:40

Hmmm, what kinda stuff do you want? general anti-Tau tactics or enough info to find out how to beat them yourself?  They have some info about them (and their new models) in the newer issues of White Dwarf.  There is a complete Kroot army list in Chapter Approved in White Dwarf 266 (UK - February - Elf cavalry and Gandalf Vs Balrog covers)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

T'pek

Postby T'pek at 18 Jan 2002, 11:27

Actually more on how to PLAY them :D
They look great... some sort of a combination between Eldar and Space Marines.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 Jan 2002, 15:19

T'pek wrote:They look great... some sort of a combination between Eldar and Space Marines.

You probably answered your own question there - play them like a cross between Marines and Eldar.  They seem to have the shooting skills of both, with the Close Combat skills of Eldar (except the Kroot who fight like Orks).  They also have the heavy armour and weaponry of Marines.
I haven't played the Tau, but from the looks of it, you really need to keep the enemy at arms length, allowing your Kroot to scare them into a killing ground, then just gun them down with everything you have.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Abaddon

Postby Abaddon at 19 Jan 2002, 20:37

The Emperor wrote:
T'pek wrote:They look great... some sort of a combination between Eldar and Space Marines.

You probably answered your own question there - play them like a cross between Marines and Eldar. They seem to have the shooting skills of both, with the Close Combat skills of Eldar (except the Kroot who fight like Orks). They also have the heavy armour and weaponry of Marines.
I haven't played the Tau, but from the looks of it, you really need to keep the enemy at arms length, allowing your Kroot to scare them into a killing ground, then just gun them down with everything you have.

Are you saying that orks a thing weedy gits that ride big mutant dogs??
Tisk tisk, I'll have your hide for that!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 Jan 2002, 21:59

Ghazghkull Thraka wrote:
The Emperor wrote:

You probably answered your own question there - play them like a cross between Marines and Eldar. They seem to have the shooting skills of both, with the Close Combat skills of Eldar (except the Kroot who fight like Orks). They also have the heavy armour and weaponry of Marines.

Are you saying that orks a thing weedy gits that ride big mutant dogs??
Tisk tisk, I'll have your hide for that!

I play Orks, and all I meant was that they both go in, mean and nasty with lots of mates and kick the #### out of anything that isn't hard enough to stand up to it. :p
Ork combat troops arethe greatest :)

T'pek

Postby T'pek at 20 Jan 2002, 14:00

The point is I don't know their stats and such...
I can't play them! :D
(No special rules, no nothing... all I know is just how some units look like)

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 17 Feb 2002, 21:03

check out the GW website http://www.games-workshop.com, they have a shop an stuff, dont know if they'll deliver to Isreal. check out the

WH40,000 > Tau > Desktops

great!

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 12 Aug 2002, 18:23

well they suck at Close Combat against the Dark Eldar (but most people do lol), or could be that my mate wasn't expecting Wyches on drugs lol! I didn't like them Kroot people or the Hammerhead tank, thank god for Dark Lances...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Aug 2002, 19:24

One idea that I never suggested (just in case GW ask) is to try one of the army building programs. You should only download the army files for the armies you have, but if you don't then it is your own conscience that decided to do it.

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 12 Aug 2002, 19:49

Oh the humanity, ADF files! breaking copyright! What about if you know all the stats? is it copyright then

most people on the net dont bother, you just put on a disclaimer to cover your ass

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 12 Aug 2002, 20:43

Warmaster Horus wrote:Oh the humanity, ADF files! breaking copyright! What about if you know all the stats? is it copyright then

most people on the net dont bother, you just put on a disclaimer to cover your ass

hehehe disclaimers, gotta love them lol, they come on software, websites, just about everything lol!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Aug 2002, 21:35

Asdrubael Vect wrote:
Warmaster Horus wrote:Oh the humanity, ADF files! breaking copyright! What about if you know all the stats? is it copyright then

hehehe disclaimers, gotta love them lol, they come on software, websites, just about everything lol!

Yeah, and if you actually read the disclaimer on software, they can get away with giving you software which doesn't work at all in screw up your machine so bad that you can't recover anything frm it :D The joys of disclaimers :D

Shas'o Vior'la Uk

Postby Shas'o Vior'la Uk at 21 Aug 2002, 21:07

Give a Petty outside Species the sacred Code-book of the Tau Race? I Think not, That would violate the Laws of the Black Library, and would bring a wrath down upon my Race :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 30 Sep 2002, 19:10

Okaaaayyyyy :D
Anyway, T'Pek, did you manage to get a copy of it yet? and can anyone else understand that damned writing? its confusing to me, even when I have the alphabet beside it :D Too many of the bloomin' letters look the same :blink:

Next