IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Warhammer: Mark of Chaos computer game

Postby IBBoard at 28 Sep 2005, 19:22

OK, it's just a preview, and I'll admit now to not having actually read the article and to having stolen this link from the Relic forums, but it appears Namco are making their first Warhammer game :) Think of it as Dark Omen meets the Total War series.

Article/interview: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/war ... shtop_read

Screenshots: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/war ... 34458.html

They're including the Skaven in this one as a main race (facing the Empire and High Elves from the looks of the screenies) although I'm not too sure of the pose of the assassins/gutter runners. Also, does the High Elf screenshot remind anyone of anything? The big battle from LotR and the end of Sauron, anyone? :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

RE: Warhammer: Mark of Chaos computer game

Postby TGSC at 28 Sep 2005, 22:09

That looks awsome, I'm sure DoW must have been built on a cut down total war engine.

Check out Age of Empires III, its set in pre-colonial/colonial era usa, so spanish, french, brits, and the best thing, the ships aren't scaled down any more, full scale galleons :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Warhammer: Mark of Chaos computer game

Postby IBBoard at 29 Sep 2005, 07:09

Cool :) Although DoW is a custom engine made by Relic, from what I know. I don't think Total War is customisable, but DoW uses a well-known scripting system for stats and things, it's called LUA (although the LUA files are compiled into faster binary files for the latest versions). Total War is very much about the regiments as well, and not base building, so I don't think it'd handle full RTS and squads with separate members who can, on occassion, get stranded half way across the map from the rest of the squad!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)