IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Beaten by the budgies :(

Postby IBBoard at 27 Sep 2005, 20:34

Damnit, second game back and I got beaten by the Ravenguard (who I called the "Budgieguard" at one point cos the guy was planning on moving his Termi's back with the consolidation move after a combat!)

I think the main mistake was being too hasty in trying to get into combat, so my Slugga Boyz bit the bullet and got shot down before they could fight. The Kans and looted Predator got lots of attention, as I expected, and managed to survive a while, but against a lascannon, a Pred Destructor, a Dreadnought or Venerable Dreadnought and a bike squad armed with multimelta and plasma gun it was just a matter of time :\

So, tip for next week is to remember to make the best use of the scenery - it's no use tring to get into combat quickly if it just ends up with lots of dead boys!

[edited to fix typos]
Last edited by IBBoard on 28 Sep 2005, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

RE: Beaten by the budgies :(

Postby TGSC at 28 Sep 2005, 14:25

I played my first 6th ed WHFB game on Saturday, my army isn't that good in the new rules, I got absolutly mullered. think I'm gonna take the black orcs out, get another spear chukka, wolf riders, maybe some gobbo chariots. I also need some more magic, the orc from my regiment who I painted as a shaman has got a bit of attention with green stuff, I'll post pics when I get him painted.

P.S., is venerable dreadnaught, veneral sounds like its got syphillis.

Gah, my c key is on the blink

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Sep 2005, 18:29

Meh, obviously couldn't be bothered typing properly when I posted :D as for the army - after wanting more Orcs in 4th/5th it sounds like you're going mainly Gobbo in 6th! Although all of that for the same points?

When I get some more plastic boyz, I'm going to replace the Trukk Boyz and Skorcha/Trakk pair with more boys or some Stormboyz. I might even replace the Stikkbommas (who don't come with Choppas) with some more normal boyz because my Stormboyz have stikkbombs and can do the same job, only with the added bonus of having much more movement :)

[edit] Just spotted a "20-25% off wargames" advert on RelicNews again. I thought it was more than I'd found before, but it turns out it was the Oracle Games discount minatures website. Chariots are £12 instead of £15 ;) I just need to work out whether to buy one box or two of Orks and whether to get some more Goblins to convert as well.

When're you next back on this side of the Pennines? Postage is max £6, so it'd be cheapest to buy it all together. 32 more Orks - take that beakies! bwahahahaha :twisted:
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 28 Sep 2005, 22:05

Dunno about points values for swapping regiments, having a look in the armies book, wolf riders and black orcs are the same points value each, spear chukkas are 35pts and 2 count as a special choice, so do gobbo chariots, they're 60pts each.

Don't bother about waiting to buy me anything, I'll get whatever second hand