IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Let battle begin!

Postby IBBoard at 19 Sep 2005, 18:53

I'm nearly ready to start gaming again! My converted Grots are painted except for the bases, the army list is written, and I'm going to be going to the Veterans Night tomorrow - no little kids on Tuesdays. Apparently there are a couple of good guys who go to the store who're friendly and who the staff think would help me get back into the game :)

Now to see how badly Waaagh! Grimjaw get beaten in their first game for ages :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: Let battle begin!

Postby MadMaffMan at 19 Sep 2005, 21:22

God bless Veterans Night's and the adults only rule, no one likes being beaten by a 12 year old kid. :shock:

I'm sure that Waaagh! Grimjaw will do just fine in their first battle, just remember that Orkz rule (they just don't get on to well against massed Heavy Bolters) :wink:

Are we going to see a pic of the whole Waaagh! in all their glory?

Good luck........Waaagh! :twisted:

P.S. What about a battle report so we all know how it went.
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 Sep 2005, 09:02

Yeah, I'll post some notes, possibly on my Blog - the one personal/non-development thing I might put on it :D

As for a pic of the whole Waaagh!, erm, possibly, I'd have to work out where I could take it and then get a day when there is enough light :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 Sep 2005, 12:57

OK, driving lesson done, Grots based :) just got to re-read the rulebook and check up on my armies list (might have to write it on a GW-style sheet as well, I think it's just a paper scribble with no stats at the moment) and then I'm ready :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Sep 2005, 16:24

Wohoo! I won! Against Space Wolves 13th Company, no less :)

Not just a win either, a complete slaughter - just as they were telling us to finish up, I killed the last of his final squad and the Rune Priest :D

mel_danes

Postby mel_danes at 23 Sep 2005, 14:49

Yeah! As much as I love the 13th mini's they sometimes sem a little over the top. Great job Warmaster IBB. I can already hear the cries of pain as the other player does the logistics of his uber units being toasted like a Quiznos sub by your Ork hoarde.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Sep 2005, 12:12

:D It was supposed to be a 1500pt tourney that they're running over the Tuesday nights, but last I asked (over a month ago :D) they just said "oh, bring an army and we'll get some of the friendly non-competitive guys to help you learn again" so I just took 1000pts to make it an easy starter game :D My opponent ended up having to quickly whip up a 1000pt army! (ended up 1001pts, but I'm not picky to an odd point)

Anyway, Cleanse mission, damned Rune Priest teleports across the board with his squad at the start, then gets jumped on by my Stikk Bommas (who unfortunately don't have choppas) and Slugga Boyz. Another squad was going to get attacked by Storm Boyz and Shoota Boyz, but ended up getting pummled by the Shoota Boyz alone when the Storm Boyz didn't go through the ruins fast enough. Then, apart from a few minor scares where it was "urrgghh, Stikk Bommaz wiped out, boss on one wound, can he survive the Wolf Lord and Frostblade" (which turned out to be "yes and he can beat him hands down with the Kommandos helping"!) it was just a wipe up job :) even managed to get my Grots in combat and taking a man down :D

Add two table quarters and an almost completely intact mob of Shoota Boyz (they didn't get hurt much in the combat - 7 13th Co Vs 16 Shoota Boyz inc Nob with Power of the Waagh and just about all of the boyz in 2" ends up messy for the Marines!) plus surviving Warboss, half mod of Kommandos and a few other bits and it was 1501 to 750+ :) Resounding victory, but not a complete and utter defeat (too many casualties)

The new rules with everyone getting attacks within 2" definately helps the Orks though - 4 attacks each for charging Slugga Boyz! :twisted: