what armies?

Tech Priest Squeak

RE: what armies?

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 22 May 2001, 20:10

i have a small Skaven warlord clan, a small raiding force really of about 1500-2000 pts.
what do other people have? or are planning to get?
i'm planning to get a large goblin force together cause i like the un-predictability of the gobbos!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 May 2001, 20:09

I got lots of High Elves (about 8000 pts I think)
Some Empire (about 2000 pts)
about 2000 pts of Dwarves
and about 2000pts of Wood Elves (all old models)<p>I only ever really play with the High Elves, unless I really feel like a change.
I have only ever used my Wood Elves once.<p>The next army I am gonna collect is an increased Dwarf army.  I have got enough High Elves now, and I like the look of the Dwarves over the Empire.  I have already got the new Dwarf Lord, some plastic Clansmen (with Crossbows) and the new, improved Gyrocopter :evil:
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 23 May 2001, 21:03

i think you could crush my Skaven easily with that lot! even with my mates Ork + Goblin horde as allies!
note to self increase Skaven army next time you go to Plymouth

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 31 May 2001, 20:57

Quote: from Tech Priest Squeak on 10:03 pm on May 23, 2001
i think you could crush my Skaven easily with that lot! even with my mates Ork + Goblin horde as allies!
note to self increase Skaven army next time you go to Plymouth
<p>My armies can crush anything in their paths.
Muhahahaha
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 01 Jun 2001, 19:35

i wonder what i should buy to improve my army...?
and i wonder how much of my EMA am i going to spend!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Jul 2001, 11:52

Quote: from The Emperor on 8:35 pm on June 1, 2001
i wonder what i should buy to improve my army...?
and i wonder how much of my EMA am i going to spend!
<p>I don't spend much, and then around Christmas, I will spend £100 all in one go.
As for my EMA money, that goes straight in the bank (what little there is of it) and I save it up for my Xmas spending spree :)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 03 Jul 2001, 18:05

how much EMA do you get? if you don't mind me asking, i get £30 a week, and a lot of it is spent on Warhammer, comp games and CDs. but i still have £600 + left in the bank! i'm just not into spending sprees except when i go to plymouth

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Jul 2001, 15:07

Quote: from The Emperor on 7:05 pm on July 3, 2001
how much EMA do you get? if you don't mind me asking, i get £30 a week, and a lot of it is spent on Warhammer, comp games and CDs. but i still have £600 + left in the bank! i'm just not into spending sprees except when i go to plymouth
<p>I get £11, but I don't spend it.  CD's are copies, sorry "Cheap purchases" :D
Games are also "Cheap Purchases".
As for GW stuff, I have lots already and just go on 1 or 2 spending sprees a year.  I only live 2 miles from GW Bolton, 8 miles from GW Manchester and less than 15 Miles from GW Trafford Center :D

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 07 Jul 2001, 14:05

90% of my games are 'cheap purchases' but all of my music cds are real, + you're a luck s** living near a GW but then again a lot of my warhammer purchases are from other stores wehich are much cheaper than GW

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 01 Sep 2001, 18:45

I got a chaos warrior army (with around 50 chaos warriors :evil: ), I also have a blood thirster
I also have orcs and gobbos, I just bought 16 2 handed weapon orcs, 16 arrer boys, a command group, a warlord on a boar and a chariot for £20

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Sep 2001, 20:58

Quote: from The Emperor on 19:45 on Sep. 1, 2001
I got a chaos warrior army (with around 50 chaos warriors :evil: ), I also have a blood thirster
I also have orcs and gobbos, I just bought 16 2 handed weapon orcs, 16 arrer boys, a command group, a warlord on a boar and a chariot for £20
<p>I still beat your Chaos Warriors with my High Elves though :p
As for the Orcs and Gobbos, lets hope you get them painted this time. (Horus' armies are about 25% painted, if that :D)

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 06 Sep 2001, 19:28

Thats unfair, i was only playing with about 14 warriors, five nights a sorcerer champ and a dozen marauders, you had firey confacation and about 40 archers, plus some repeater bolt throwers

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Sep 2001, 20:44

Yes, but I am sure the Mark of Khorne and the fact that all your models that weren't marauders had a save of at least 4+ kinda evened it out a bit :)

Elanor

Postby Elanor at 08 Oct 2001, 19:43

I have am still trying to set up a Highelf army, but the new book still hasn't hit the stores... :(

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Oct 2001, 20:03

I'm sticking with 4th/5th edition Warhammer.
I started with 4th Edition, then they changed to 5th Edition, which was extremely similar, so we moved as well.  6th Edition is quite different though, so I am sticking with my 4th/5th edition High Elves.

Next