IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Next set of purchases for 40k

Postby IBBoard at 16 Feb 2002, 23:28

I've still got my gift vouchers (£10) left over from Christmas, plus £20 of the £25 for a 2 years subscription to White Dwarf (they are currently out of £5 and £10's :D) and GW aren't doing a sale this year :( so this is what I am going to buy:

1 Ork Warboss with Attack Squig
1 Box of Ork Boyz
1 Space Marine Plasma Cannon
3 Space Marine Heavy Bolters
1 Ork Nob (bits selected - not random)

Grand total = £35 + £3 p&p

That'll make my Warboss, plus a Lootas mob with Nob, plus some extra Orks to go into my Shoota mob (cos Lootas can only be 10 strong I think)

What do you think? can I kick Horus's Space Marine Ass now? :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 12 Aug 2002, 18:24

hehehe my next purchase, new paints (won't bore you with details lol) and as I decided to return to 40K I will carry on with my Dark Eldar Force...

3 Viper Jetbikes
5 Reaver Jetbikes,

as I have allways done a fair amount of customising, well I know they arent exactly in any Codex, but the people at the local stores dont mind as we allways work out a fair points value for them (plus they usually look cool lol)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 12 Aug 2002, 19:10

Viper jetbikes? what do they look like?
And tells us some of your paints so that we can get a feel for your army colour scheme :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 12 Aug 2002, 19:53

Mine will be the old chaos sorcre (in armour, tzzentch guy) gobbo spear chukka (off ebay) or marauder regiment

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 12 Aug 2002, 20:50

well when I was at the height of my painting abilities (ie winning local competitions and school ones) lol, I managed to do a fairly good scheme of Black Base, then made a sort of green inky wash that picked its way over armour, with what looked like a lightening bolt in the oval part of the armour on the chest (it doesn't sound like much, but looks very good - took alot of practise to get it right), as for the new scheme, I dont think I'll do anything that complicated anymore, I havent painted in about 4 years, so I'm not sure, so far I want to try something very different, still dark, but something to stand out, as soon as I have anymore ideas (back to the old doodle pad lol!), I'll post them here, but I found something cool for my onverted Grav Tanks, a set of lightening bolt transfers (they were supposed to be for a different model kit but meh, saves alot of faffing about with paint), as forreavers, when I buy them, I can get some pics posted.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 30 Sep 2002, 19:14

When I eventually got my models painted and converted and used at Games Workshop, some stupid little "I know everything about GW" git (about 15-16years old) said "Oh, I see you've got the old Lootas"
???
Old lootas? has anyone seen them with their combi-weapons, down on one knee and looking rubbish? My lootas looked way better, more Orky and what has now become "proper" sized. I just ignored his comments and let him think what he wants :D