IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Cheap Ork plastics? Where?

Postby IBBoard at 01 Sep 2005, 08:45

I've just checked eBay for cheap ork plastic boys (I need to pad out my mobs and I need some replacement bits for the Stormboyz that my grandma picked up dirt cheap, but are painted - metal cleans, plastics melt!) but couldn't find anything on offer. I've found WarGameStore.com who do them 10% off but then charge £3.50 postage (so about 10p cheaper if I buy two boxes!) or WargamesWorkshop.co.uk who do them at 15% off but then charge 10% postage up to a maximum of £8 (so I'd save about £2.30 on two boxes).

Anyone know of anywhere else I can get cheaper models? Or are plastics just not done cheaply?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

RE: Cheap Ork plastics? Where?

Postby TGSC at 01 Sep 2005, 10:33

If you can't get them on ebay/second hand from shops, Idon't think there are many places you can get them cheep

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Sep 2005, 15:41

Didn't think so :\ although 15% off and then 10% postage is still 6.5% off overall, which is better than nothing/full GW prices.

I think I will have to buy the Big Shootas from GW for that Dreadnought and Killa Kan you brought (I'll have to check stats/probabilities, but I think I'll replace the Rokkits with Big Shootas because you get more shots off with them - good AP isn't much use when you can't hit :D)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 04 Sep 2005, 14:32

Ahah, I found another place :)

£14.40 for the Orks, postage based on weight (£3 for one box/500g, £4 for two boxes/750g, maximum of £6 postage for over 1kg) so thats £32.80 for two boxes inc postage instead of £36 from Games Workshop, a saving of £3.20 :D

For people who want to check it out: http://www.oraclegames.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=1

Must be one of the few times I've found the Google Ads on Relic Forums useful :D

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 21 Mar 2006, 20:19

OK, got another one! Once again, spotted through the Relic Forums GoogleAds.

Minatures By Post

20% off most things, up to 36% on others (including the Marine Dreadnought and Terminators!) with postage at 7.5% or 5% for over £20. Brings my latest order in at £60.48 - damnit, why didn't I find them earlier! I'm fairly sure that's cheaper.