IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Tesco sell the Imperial Guard

Postby IBBoard at 28 Aug 2005, 21:31

Yes, you read it right, the supermarket chain Tesco are selling the Imperial Guard!

I was just looking on DoWFiles to see how popular my halved marine pattern was (which I'll get them to remove some time soon) and noticed the following advert:

Unfortunately the link gives a system error on the Tesco site (much like the "buy real orks on eBay" and other sponsored links google can end up with!) but I like the fact that Tesco are selling "Imperial Guard" - is it "the Imperial Guard", "An Imperial Guard" (a regiment) or "an Imperial Guardsman"? :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

RE: Tesco sell the Imperial Guard

Postby MadMaffMan at 28 Aug 2005, 23:40

Maybe its not GW's Imperial Guard but a new brand of deodorant called "Imperial Guard", like "Imperial Leather" ???
:shock:
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 29 Aug 2005, 07:24

I doubt it but it's worthy of checking it out at least.If supermarket chain stores have begun selling GW's products....the prices will be extremely low!

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 29 Aug 2005, 11:05

just had a little browse, you can buy codexes and stuff at 5% off from the website, and they stock the computer games as well.

no models yet :(

EDIT: I've found a record label called Art of Perception have released a trilogy of CD's "Sounds of Warhammer 40,000", apparently a bit of wierd electro-techno stuff, inspired by characters and races from 40k. Managed to find them for sale on amazon and HMV etc but no audio samples :(

EDIT2: Just found them on amazon.de, giving them a listen now :D

EDIT3: Hmm, largely european industrial techno, there's a few downtempo beatscapes I don't mind (Desert of Souls i think on Chapter 2) None of it is recognisable as inspired by WH40k tho, "Enter the Warp" on chapter 2 is wierd light muzak, I was expecting something darker, the ork ones are a bit closer to what I was kinda expecting from an electro album, "Craftworld" on chapter 1 is probably 'closest'. "Dance Nurgling, Dance" sounds like an uptempo dub record.

Odd to think it was actually produced (possibly to a minimal extent) in collaboration with GW
Last edited by TGSC on 29 Aug 2005, 11:50, edited 2 times in total.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Aug 2005, 11:28

Art of Perception and "Sounds of Warhammer 40,000"? I remember tripping over that ages ago and then losing it :) Might have to check out Google.de later.

As for Supermarkets selling it cheap, I doubt it, GW wouldn't allow it. They have restrictive licensing from what I know and won't let stockist put anything else on the same shelf, just so that it doesn't get confused. I'm sure they'll set a minimum price that high street stockists can sell it at.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)