IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: best main game

Postby IBBoard at 26 Oct 2006, 18:08

6'x8'? Wow, nice if you can manage it :D might take a bit longer before you get across it and in to combat though.

40K does still have the troop dispersal and tactics, but I think it's a bit more dynamic and flowing, where as Warhammer ends up more organised and planned :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

moregil

Postby moregil at 27 Oct 2006, 13:25

Agreed on that, though on a large board I find that the battle does become free flowing, movement and planning is very integral. Becomes more interesting when you use the rule Troop LOS only (meaning there is no Gods eye view when it comes to reacting to h'hidden troops') Oh the fun when a spear unit marches hapless ly to its doom around a hill only to face a swarm of undead skeletons...(which happened to me :-)).

Still reckon that for over all mental planning WH wins out - after all the initial shooting in WH40K - this tends to become target specific.

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 28 Oct 2006, 02:59

40k I and will always be my favorit,I love the SL behind each army..minus the space Locus((Nids)) and I like how easy converstions are in 40k aswell.

Previous