IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: best main game

Postby IBBoard at 19 Jul 2005, 08:56

I used to prefer Warhammer, but now I've got into 40K more and I just love the Gothic far-future :) Although novel-wise I still think that the Orfeo trillogy by Brian Craig and the Genevieve books by Jack Yeovil are my favourites.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 19 Jul 2005, 09:45

40k ofcourse.No need to explain why-IBBoard got me covered.

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 20 Jul 2005, 14:37

40k... bolters are cooler than swords..

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 Jul 2005, 15:15

Looks like we've got a futuristic group of members here. I do still like the Warhammer fluff because it's close to historic in some ways, but that doesn't seem to have much appeal at all to most people :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 21 Jul 2005, 12:06

i love the background to 40k, i tried getting into the fantasy one too, but its just not as interesting

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 23 Jul 2005, 13:27

Well...I actually like this weird mix of bolters/meltaguns/plasmaguns/power axes/power swords/force and power weapons in general/close combat with shooting/tech-andanced races fighting on the gothic,grim,damned and barren wastelands-batlefields for the ultimate domination in the far future of the 41st millenium...Yeah...if tabletop games is the question then the answer must be 40k.[ :!: ]

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 03 Aug 2005, 03:04

Warhammer 40,000 is what I started with,and more then likely wont stop,I'm so into 40k that I have a huge fleet of Imperial Navy Ships for gothic,thats supported byt two battle Barges,one Black Templar and one Imperial Fist

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Aug 2005, 07:41

Never really bothered trying to get in to BFG - I'd already tried it before with Warhammer Quest, Mordheim and Gorkamorka and not got very far so I decided not to bother spending the money again :D

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 03 Aug 2005, 21:49

I like the races for WHFB because they're more characterful, being based on historical people. The general background of WH40k is interesting tho, they hint at alot of things and its all very rich and interesting.

No preference with the games really, not played either in a long while

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Aug 2005, 08:27

The Warhammer races are becoming a lot more characterful now, but then so are the 40K races (Nids have had a revamp so that they are more horde-y now and they're also more gribbly and with more variety to them, Marines are becoming more characterful, especially Ultramarines etc)

As for the historic basis, that's actually one part of Games Workshop that my g/f doesn't like :D she's an amateur author, but she says that it's lazy that they came up with a fantasy world that's basically just our world with a twist. Personally I see it as a good thing as well, because then you've got more of an idea of the character and more ideas for scenarios and plots etc, but there can be divided opinion on it :)

Space marine

Postby Space marine at 08 Apr 2006, 11:16

Hmmm, if this is about the tabletop, then 40K by far, but, if this is about games, then I'm kinda biased to say both, coz' of the new, Warhammer, Mark of Chaos game coming out, (I don't know if it's out yet, but I hav the demo and it's awesome! (Plus, it's fun to blow goblins to hell and back with a direct hit from an empire cannon!) :twisted: Mwuhaha!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Apr 2006, 12:59

The computer games aren't GWs 'main games', so it's TT 40K Vs TT Warhammer. Any particular reason you prefer 40K?

Space marine

Postby Space marine at 09 Apr 2006, 16:29

I just seem to be more atttracted to the idea of pointy nosed robot guys blowing the hell out of crazy mutant aliens. :wink:

moregil

Postby moregil at 26 Oct 2006, 15:04

Warhammer - more thinking about troop dispersal and tactics. Especially when it is done a huge board (6' by 8' is nice)......nothing beats a good cavalry charge.....bwahahahahaha

Next