Wow!!!!

Postby Librarian Rannos at 05 Jul 2005, 11:08

Tyranids...Big,bad and deadly...
Check this URL out and tell me how can a SM player beat this thing.[?]

http://uk.games-workshop.com/tyranids/s ... racters/3/

omegoku

RE: Wow!!!!

Postby omegoku at 05 Jul 2005, 11:45

terminators in an assault, lascannons, plasma weapons from afar, and a bit of luck will end him, ive fought him many times, he can be dangerous, but he is pretty slow so you can generally avoid him..

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Jul 2005, 12:25

Vindicator could be good too - large template so you can still clip him and a rather impressive AP. If you were Space Wolves then the Leman Russ battle cannon should work as well. Not sure of the AP on a Whirlwind.

Not so sure about how well Terminators would do - Assault Terminators should be able to take him on, but I think you could lose a few to the attacks with the high strength and lack of save (I think that's what the "Tyranid Monstrous Creature" rule does for a part of it).
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 07 Jul 2005, 01:02

leman russ wont help much, you need ap 2 weapons, the likely hood of losing terminators is high but if it saves the rest of your army, it can be worth it..
the main thing is to pummel him all at once to avoid him regenerating to fast..

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Jul 2005, 06:27

Ah, ok, I thought the Leman Russ was an AP2 battle cannon - haven't played with Space Wolves or Guard (and haven't played with my orks for ages) so I wasn't sure. But yeah, regen is a pain!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)