Changes in Armies lists for 6th (and 5th?) ed. WHFB

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Changes in Armies lists for 6th (and 5th?) ed. WHFB

Postby TGSC at 23 May 2005, 09:36

Seein as I might start gaming again next year, I picked up the Orc and Goblin armies book cheap second hand. I was a bit upset to learn alot of things had changed, some of the points costs, netters are now part of regular regiments so clubbers have gone, the way squig teams worked has changed so my models dont really fit, squig hoppers are now part of squig units (although they can break off), and the stats for night goblins are different to common goblins, I presume to stop people always fielding night goblins instead of common goblins.

On the plus side, it does mean now that Orc and Goblin armies are more about massed core regiments rather than a few fair sized units and some odd special troops knocking about.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Changes in Armies lists for 6th (and 5th?) ed. WHFB

Postby IBBoard at 23 May 2005, 10:42

Think 5th Ed was pretty much the same as 4th ed (if they ever bothered bringing out a new 5th Ed version!)

Does seem to spoil it a little that clubbers have gone, but small units like that are a little un-goblin if you think about it. Like you say, it will give a better "Da Mobz" style army though, and I can imagine the Squig Hoppers might be more effective now they are part of a herder unit (more reliable for one thing!).

Whats the stat-line change like for the Night Goblins?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 23 May 2005, 10:52

They're one Ld point lower and I think 1 I point higher than common goblins. Can't remember what forest goblins are like, my mates borrowing the book at the mo trying to plan a Dark Elf/Goblin army :?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 May 2005, 21:24

Still makes them dirt cheap, though, and yeah, it probably will make people field the different types (there is actually variation for once!)
But a Dark Elf/Gobbo army?!?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)