IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Conversion Idea

Postby IBBoard at 24 Nov 2004, 19:56

I've got an Ork army (as in 40K - see the 'k', thats the giveaway :D) and I've got 3rd Ed orks for the slugga boyz, shoota boyz, lootas (my conversion), Kommandos (my conversion), Stormboyz and Stikk Bommaz, but I've still got the old identical post Grots.

The GW Staff's idea (when I asked months ago) was to replace them with metal grots at £5 for 4! Thats rather expensive when you want 40! My idea is here:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/st...9002&orignav=13
Buy two boxes of those guys, give them some arrows with "eksplodaz" on the end and replace the old grots like in this image.
If you look at the pic at the bottom of this page then they wouldn't look too bad - slightly larger than the old and the new ones, but still obviously not Orks.

So, what do peeps think?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 21 May 2005, 21:13

my buddy converts all his orks, or used to at least.

he bought the plastic goblins and gave some of them ork sluggaz and shootaz.. you can leave some of them with bows, after all they only have grot blastas, which is anything they can find that still works... its a lot cheaper than buying metal grots..

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 May 2005, 10:48

Damnit, someone beat me to it :D I've converted 5 so far and got no further! Week day nights I end up on the computer for most of the night, programming, posting and changing HTML, then weekends I'm either travelling or visiting my girlfriend (I'm doing a years industrial experience at the wrong end of the country) so they've been abandoned a bit!

Might take the idea of sluggas though :) just got to go back home to my bits box and find some!
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 24 May 2005, 20:55

orks are never stuck for bitz.. for every slugga boy you make you get about 20 spare guns..

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 May 2005, 21:49

You don't get that many :D make them as slugga boyz and you get the shootas spare and vica verca, and I think they might actually give you 5 arm pairs per sprue of 4 orks, but it depends how many I've used and kept and already mangled for things :D We shall see when I next visit the family home.

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 25 May 2005, 23:18

well my ork bits box is overflowing with ork gunz and choppaz and i only got 3 sets of boys..

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 26 May 2005, 19:06

Strange, I'm sure I don't end up with that many :? oh well, visiting home at the weekend, so we'll see then :)

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 05 Jun 2005, 00:48

Well?You also got that many spare parts?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Jun 2005, 12:38

More than I thought, but not huge amounts. 5 Shootas per sprue, plus four pairs of arms, which does end up as quite a lot from a box of 16, but then you use half of them. I ended up picking up some shootas, some metal Gorkamorka shootas (which look weaker and smaller) and some plastic 2nd edition shootas that look really feeble :D