IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Polls At Gw Uk

Postby IBBoard at 09 Nov 2004, 12:40

Been browsing the Golden Throne comic (it sometimes has a banner in the banner ads - can be quite funny sometimes) and found a link to a poll about Ogre Kingdoms (but thats another topic).

Anyway, there was another recent poll with a worrying outcome - what is your favourite recent giveaway? The answer - paint pot stickers! Yes, thats right, the community on the GW website really love those pathetic little stickers that you can put on top of your paint pots instead of a blob of paint :D
http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/polls/ar...olls15oct04.htm

I'd probably have gone for the Chaos Rising novelette (quite a good little read) or the Storm of Chaos poster (nice and archaic looking :))
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 09 Nov 2004, 19:43

to be fair, WD giveaways have gon seriously downhill since the old days of thw first fat WD 191 with a card section, and the poll does cover like 30 issues (almost 3 years) so the more recent ones are more likely to get more votes.

I must admit tho, the stickers are a bit of a pointless idea

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Nov 2004, 21:15

Worryingly, I still remember the cover on the first 'Fat Dwarf' :D
It was the Goliath ganger from Necromunda, the left hand side strip (where they put a contents/headlines type area) was blue I think and the space for the Dwarf was red - or the other way around :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)