IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: The Times And A Warhammer Article

Postby IBBoard at 05 Aug 2004, 19:07

I was at Abi's house last weekend and her parents get The Times. I opened it up and at the bottom of page two they had something that looked very suspiciously like a Skaven Pack Master. I read the article and its some guy called Charlie Higson saying about he now collects soldiers from "a gaming system called War Hammer[sic]".

He goes on about how it "looks like a cosy little club" but how its designed to keep you buying figures - apparently his Chaos Dwarves have been useless since the race was "deleted". Now correct me if I'm wrong, but a) aren't they coming back (or is it just that one hell cannon thing) and B) isn't there likely to have been some Journal army list for Chaos Dwarves? Either way it servers him right for collecting an oddball race :D

He does say that going into shops is "like entering a religious cult: the people who work there are serious nerds, albeit very nice ones".

Not the world greatest article - would have been better if he hadn't made it out to be so bad! Might have helped if he could have managed to spell Warhammer right too!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 05 Aug 2004, 21:29

you know its all true really

nice to have a bit of coverage although what you were doing reading such right wing tat as the times i dont know

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Aug 2004, 21:31

The Times isn't right wing, not what I read. I prefer the Times cos it seems to most neutral to me. The other broad sheets are just excessively politicised and distorted in their views and phrasing.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 21 May 2005, 21:27

all publicity is good publicity.. and it is a cult that forces you to spend all your hard earned cash on models...

its not unknown for me to quote imperial scripyure in conversation..

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 May 2005, 21:30

I'm sure the person had a point when they first came up with that quote, but I don't suppose "50% of visitors to theme park killed per year" as a news story would be good publicity for them :D

I'd worry if you get to quoting scripture though :D TGSC could probably do it if he read enough GW stuff (he can quote from movies I've never heard of, straight off the top of his head and entire little snippets) but I don't tend to remember enough exact fluff, just general ideas.