Best Warhammer 40,000 Army

omegoku

RE: Best Warhammer 40,000 Army

Postby omegoku at 07 Jul 2005, 01:07

yeah the new codex is a huge improvement.. i heard rumours about a chapter approved 'hollywood marines' army list. with marines that have stats that background stories imply they do.. you know, single marine taking out a squad of enemy troops or going toe to toe with the nastiest of aliens..

orks tend to be the most accurate army too, for some reason 'true'; ork players tend to roll lots of high dice rolls and the sheer no. of shots makes up for it..

just today i played a 7000 point battle where guard, tau and orcs faced the nids and they caused massive damage to the gaunts with their shootaz, burnaz and big shootaz..

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 07 Jul 2005, 01:35

Well its not a romour I have the rules for it they came out in the 300th edition of the WD,and got they are Nasty its a 1500 pts list based around a single space marine tactical squad

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 10 Jul 2005, 13:56

i missed it? aw hell..

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 13 Jul 2005, 03:27

I'm sure they'll have it as a back issue,and i think it was in the 20's with price,but its a very funny list and i still can't get over the marines strengths.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 Jul 2005, 07:23

It's only about 6-7 issues back, so they could still have back issues of it (as long as it hasn't sold out). Just call Mail Order and ask them
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 14 Jul 2005, 22:17

Arg..forgot about that ya,very very good point

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 16 Jul 2005, 11:35

american black gobbo or the uk white dwarf?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 Jul 2005, 21:25

I'll have to check, but I think it was UK White Dwarf 300 as a special "we're 300" feature.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 17 Jul 2005, 22:31

my friend has them all and he told me 2 days ago that they never actually did it.. if you do find it can you tell me where?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 Jul 2005, 06:14

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, just looked through some of my back issues (I've only got a years worth with me, but it goes back to the start of 4th edition) and I can't find it :\ all I can find is a painting section to an article that is titled "making them heroes" or something similar and Deathwatch Kill Teams (who are pretty much normal marines). I must have read about it in one of the articles and imagined it, sorry

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 18 Jul 2005, 12:51

ok, no prob, i do love the deathwatch though.. i bought a squad when they first came out, back when inquisitor came out first..

If anyone does know where to get that army list, please let me know..

clampy125

Postby clampy125 at 31 Jan 2006, 18:57

In my eyes the best race are the Tau, and they are going to be even better when the new codex comes out. But if you take a good look at the other races, they are all extremely cool( apart from the necrons, but thats just me), and they all have different tactics which can almost gaurantee victory. One of my fav odd tactics is the fish of fury for Tau.

mmmmm... fish

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 31 Jan 2006, 20:09

Fish of Fury? *continues along Japan/Anime line of Tau look* you mean they retrieve secret stashes of Sushi and throw it at the enemy while getting angry? :D

Tau are interesting and new, but I'm not so keen on them as a race. The look is just a little too Anime for the dark and gothic far future. I'm even less keen on the Vespids as part of the new Tau race. Yes the army can look impressive, and the 'Greater Good' idea is interesting, but just not so robo-Anime.

MadMaffMan
Nob
Nob
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby MadMaffMan at 01 Feb 2006, 17:55

Anyone mention the Sisters Of Battle, warrior chicks in form fitting armour....... :wink:

The Tau are ok but i like the Kroot more, a little like the Tyranids as they can evolve their bodies ( at a much slower rate granted ) and more options for conversion work.
"No Pity! No Remorse! No Beer!"

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Feb 2006, 18:35

Don't think anyone has suggested SoB yet. Nuns with guns seem quite popular for some reason - even if they are actually very devout :D

I've got to agree on prefering Kroot, their alien-ness fits into 40K more than anime-robo-lines.

PreviousNext