IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Best Warhammer 40,000 Army

Postby IBBoard at 26 Jun 2005, 21:15

The Nids did win their first battle report with the new codex, and they are a bit more gribbly and vicious now, but I'm not sure how they do army-wise. It'd be interesting to face them up against an army including Ultramarine Tyrannic Wars Veterans and Deathwatch!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 27 Jun 2005, 08:18

Well there's a possibility to see the battle report of such a match.A friend of mine who plays Ultras is against a Nid player on a small unoficiall tournament.However this isn't sure for the organizer has gone away for vacations and we don't know when he's coming back....

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Jun 2005, 07:24

Ah, not useful when the organiser runs away on holiday! Post back when you get a battle report :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 29 Jun 2005, 10:30

Bad news folks.The tournament is cancelled for unknown reasons.There will be a WH tournament and perhaps later a 40k tournament.The only sure thing is the WH tournament.We'll see about the 40k...perhaps[as I said] later...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Jun 2005, 11:36

Oh, always a shame when things like that get cancelled. Will have to get into playing more when I'm moved back to Manchester (a little over a week now). Then it'll be "waaaaaghh, get killed!" as I show how little I remember of how to play, despite having been in the hobby for over 10 years!

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 01 Jul 2005, 15:02

well i have the new codex, and decided the best way to use it was to try it out with a 8000 pt battle (4 players, 2 a side, 2000pts each) the nids verses orks and imperial guards.. took 3 turns to wipe them out entirely.. and they out numbered the nids more than 2 to 1.. basically 7!!!! carnifex, 3 zoanthropes, 3 biovores, 64 gaunts, 2 tyrants, 3 guard, 9 warriors, a brood lord and 18 stealers.. they never had a chance..

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Jul 2005, 15:28

:o 8000 points? sounds rather large! Doesn't sound like a lot of models for all those points, although I suppose 7 carnifex can be rather expensive, especially if tooled up well!
Three turns for a complete wipe out sounds like a bit of a bad result - what were they doing? fighting each other as well? :D

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 01 Jul 2005, 18:39

turn 1, we won the roll off to go first.. 32 gaunts(leaping), the stealers, 1 hive tyrant(winged) the brood lord and the warriors(leaping) got into combat straight away..after that they were screwed.. plus poison spore mines into mass infantry = messy.. although the warboss retinue took down a carnifex, and massed lascannon fire took down another..

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Jul 2005, 22:37

Ah, yeah never so good when you have combat in the first turn! Imperial Guard probably aren't the best opponents for Nids either - too much of a Man Vs Alien, Alien likes squishy bits, man is all squish bits, man becomes even squishier sqiushy bits story! :D

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 04 Jul 2005, 17:21

i thought the orcs would fare better..

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 04 Jul 2005, 18:02

I don't know much about Nid stats, but yeah, I'd have thought that Orks should still do quite well in combat. Orks live for the fight and Nids live for the devouring, so they should both be good in close combat. Guardsmen tend to be best at hiding near tanks and blowing large chunks out of things, so big combat monsters and things that can tear tanks apart probably aren't the easiest of opposition :D

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 05 Jul 2005, 10:52

Nids...Orks...they all form a big pile of uselles,dead and stinky alliens after my SMs have wiped them out of the battlefield...j/k.I 've lost many times from nids.However I haven't played against orks more than once.

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 05 Jul 2005, 11:43

they can be a dangerous bunch especially for marines.. choppas can really hurt and with 3-4 attacks each from a ton off boyz your gonna lose a lot of marines...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Jul 2005, 12:21

*tries to remember Ork rules*
Yeah, choppas are especially bad against Terminators! So much for the Emperor's finest :D Orks might not be able to hit much from anything more than about 5 feet away, but put them up close with a big axe and most things will take a beating, especially if the orks charged and have Power of the Waaagh

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 06 Jul 2005, 22:18

I think the Space Marines are the best Army,now that you can customise the Army to your liking like I have,called them the Azure Tears and they took the significant Divergence: Traites- No Mercy,No Respite and Trust your Battle-Brother Draw Backs: Eye to Eye, Have Pride in your Colors.

PreviousNext