IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Golden Demon And Jacob Nielsen

Postby IBBoard at 19 Jan 2004, 15:20

Not sure if I managed to spell his surname right, but I got White Dwarf at the weekend and it comes with a Golden Demon booklet with all the winners in it. Once again Jacob Nielsen has won the Slayer Sword! Some nice models in there again, and Nielsen's was good, but what about the Sanguinius model? that was amazing!
I'm sure Jacob Nielsen has won the Slayer Sword about three or four years running - they need to hire him as a GW painter so that he is restricted to the Open competition :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Anny

Postby Anny at 12 Mar 2004, 19:48

Even if they do that, he'll still win :P He is a really, really good painter.

Have you ever been to Gamesday before??

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 Mar 2004, 16:48

I dunno, its rarer for the Open Competition winner to win the Slayer Sword - mainly because the freedom you get in it means that its got to be something really special to win.
*looks at tickets* yeah, went in 98, 99 and 2000. I even entered the Command Group and Warhammer Single Figure categories in 98, but looking now I don't see how I ever thought I'd get anywhere! Its one hell of a sensation stepping through the doors from the food areas into the main arena hall - you suddenly get hit by a wall of noise and if a Waaaggghh! gets started by an insane member of staff on one table you can hear it spread across the place!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)