IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Fire Warrior

Postby IBBoard at 27 Sep 2003, 19:50

I'm busy with other things, eventually make it back here and expect there to be atleast one post. Was there? nope :(

Anyway - anyone planning on getting Fire Warrior - the new GW FPS game? It must be a big, important game cos it got an advert in the Metro (free national paper on the bus) and had a quote saying something about "who needs Halo?" :)
The graphics look good, its clever to limit people to two weapons (plus greandes) and the website looks very nice. Might have to find a demo and check it out on one of my other PCs (if they have the specs for it :D)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 28 Sep 2003, 19:57

looks kinda cool, getting a lot more publicity than shadow of the horned rat or any of the other ones

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Sep 2003, 18:13

Dark Omen and Chaos Gate are the newest ones I can think of - plus there was Final Liberation which was suposed to be Epic 40K, but it never really looked right IMO.
But why have they not released a demo yet? :( they put money into advertising but won't give people a demo to try :( the video trailer is cool though :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Oct 2003, 09:25

Searching round and checking their forums it looks like the PS2 and consoles get a demo, but PCs don't :( how can you put loads more marketing into a game than any previous game and then not create a demo?

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 29 Jun 2004, 13:01

The Emperor wrote:ts clever to limit people to two weapons (plus greandes)

They do this on halo as well, you can pick up/throw weapons when you want.

Might look into seeing if i can pick it up cheap now, and look into Dawn of War, although it looks like its based on the Total War engine which I found a bit hard although very realistic with tactics

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 29 Jun 2004, 21:05

I don't see it being based on the Total War engine - maybe something similar but I would have thought that something as powerful as that would have been kept under wraps.
But yeah, I suppose Halo did limit you like that - adds the realism and makes it slightly more tactical in which weapons you want to choose to carry around.

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 21 May 2005, 21:30

not a great game, but you do get to be marines and firewarriors... plus it has railrifles!

multiplayer becomes a scramble for grenades, 1 direct hit kills anything so you never need to fire your pulse rifle..

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 May 2005, 21:34

Managed to get hold of Fire Warrior when I was visiting TGSC in Sheffield - 99p brand new!
I've played through the tutorial and it looks quite good - the graphics could be better (crisper and less blocky) but the story and theme seemed to be there. Don't know if I'd bother with multiplayer much - I never play a game enough to learn it well enough not to get slaughtered quickly :D

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 24 May 2005, 21:08

the story is pretty good, its great looking around at imperial architecture in fps.. i still remember circling the land raider for 5 minutes.. it was long before dow came out though..

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 May 2005, 21:58

*looks at DVD box* 2003 is the copyright on it. And yeah, it probably has been put in the shadow of DoW a bit, especially when you consider how much you can play and zoom with the camera on that!

I'll have to try and play it more over the summer and have a look at their interpretation of Imperial archetecture :)

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 25 May 2005, 07:28

I've just bought it and it sucks!For Tau fanatics only :!:

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 May 2005, 11:59

Or general GW nuts like me who love the background and just want to get their hands on everything possible from the Universes (as long as it doesn't have to be at full price :D you've got to love Charity Shops in the UK :))

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 25 May 2005, 13:41

Well I paid 23.50 euros for it and it doesn't worth it.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 May 2005, 14:00

No, I don't suppose its worth 23 euros (£15ish). I never pay much for games though - partly because I don't think they're worth the high prices they normally charge and partly because I prefer the older games like Monkey Island and Discworld :D I'd even rather play Colin McRae Rally over some of the newer racing games that try to look and feel so real that they don't quite go far enough and so end up in a no mans land where they're not good enough to be perfect but too good to look like a normal computer game!

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 25 May 2005, 22:56

its not a great game as i said, and the imperial guards accents are kinda funny.. but if you can get it cheap, then its nice to wander about imperial locations boltering chaos marines to death..

Next