Orks Or Tyrinids

Lazzer

RE: Orks Or Tyrinids

Postby Lazzer at 19 Jul 2003, 17:25

Orks are the best. They have some of the best weaponry :)

Bap

Postby Bap at 20 Jul 2003, 12:40

Skaven!!! Mwahahahaha!

:P

Orc's probably as well don't know much about Tyrannids except that they look cool :)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 Jul 2003, 18:14

Its Orks, Bap, Orcs are Warhammer :P :D
Plus Orks would spit-roast a rat anyday - or possibly feed it to the Squigs in place of a Grot
But I like the Orks, some great weaponry/kustom jobs and the whole style is just fun. Although the 'Nids are good models with good background as well. You need the Nids as the ultimate "Enemy Without" (as it is put in the Inquis Exterminatus art book)

<!--EDIT|The Emperor|Jul 20 2003, 06:15 PM-->
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Bap

Postby Bap at 22 Jul 2003, 11:04

Actually I've beaten Ork's all the time with me marvellous Skaven so screw you! :P

Penguin fondler!!! :P

Lazzer

Postby Lazzer at 22 Jul 2003, 13:33

What i mean is Orks 40k not fantisy

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 Jul 2003, 08:29

Bap wrote:Actually I've beaten Ork's all the time with me marvellous Skaven so screw you! :P

Over grown Gerbils in space suits?!? what are you on about Bap?
Read what Lazzer said - why do you think I emphasised it :P not everyone has some weird gerbil, sorry rat, obsession :P :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

black templar

Postby black templar at 20 Mar 2004, 03:03

I agree with the emperor. orks would slaughter the skaven and the tyrinids any day. :clap: :P

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Apr 2004, 13:53

black templar wrote:I agree with the emperor. orks would slaughter the skaven and the tyrinids any day. :clap: :P

And this from a guy whose name references a chapter whose biggest enemy is (if I remember correctly) the race he says would win :D

Corporal Harland

Postby Corporal Harland at 19 Jul 2005, 09:45

easily the ork 's caause of the kustom stufffs

DEFINTLY theorKs cause the skaven are from warhammer fantasy. buut the nids are a different matter with the new carnifex n' stuff

black templar wrote: I agree with the emperor. orks would slaughter the skaven and the tyrinids any day. :clap: :P
your right IBBoard

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 Jul 2005, 10:08

Single posts please Cpl Harland (edit your previous post if you have something to add, unless it has been a day or more since you made the last post)

The new Carnifex and things do make it a slightly different question, but I think the Orks should still be able to take them. They'd have managed it in the Kill Team battle report in White Dwarf if the Boss hadn't stayed on top of the building!

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 20 Jul 2005, 14:44

while orks have the advantage in the firepower stakes, they will lose at combat, plus nids are a lot scarier looking, and outnumber the orks, and their big ones are bigger than ork big 'uns..

ill go with the nids

Space marine

Postby Space marine at 07 Apr 2006, 17:44

omegoku wrote:while orks have the advantage in the firepower stakes, they will lose at combat, plus nids are a lot scarier looking, and outnumber the orks, and their big ones are bigger than ork big 'uns..

ill go with the nids

Yeah, Defineteley the 'nids (not meaning to steal your term there, omegoku)

Excuse me, but aren't Skaven for Fantasy? So how can someone kick Ork arse with Skaven? Unless they ment Orc of course.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Apr 2006, 20:15

OK, first thing's first - thread tidied up a little.

Skaven are Warhammer, but Bap was a big Skaven fan. The question is about Orks, but Bap wanted to try and include his rat-men in some way, hence the tongue smilie.

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 08 Apr 2006, 20:44

They're both GW races I liked a lot more about 10 years ago. Since then a lot of Orky character has been taken away and replaced with poor spelling, and the 'nids have been twinked back and forth like no one's business. I think 3rd Ed fixed a lot of both of this, and the continuing fiddles are good, but there was greater 'purity' to the 'nids of 10 years back, when most of what they were was a mystery....

From a modelling perspective, I'd say Orks - you can do a lot more with them. And, in fact, from a gaming PoV I'd run with Orks too; tactical flexibilty wins out every time for me, and the Orks are still more flexible than the 'nids.

As a story factor, I like the Tyranids best; I've always liked the way they've linked to Genestealers and the slow revelation of the horror of the Hive Fleets.
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Apr 2006, 20:50

I don't know whether Orky character has necessarily been 'lost', probably more 'matured' to fit in with the darker and more openly gothic 40K background. You still get interesting Orky things like Kustom Mega Blastas and Super Stikkbombs that can blow their owners up, you still get Lootas and Kommandos (although Kommandos are slightly less un-Orky now) and you still get lots of Grots to get beaten up and shot as cannon fodder. What more could an Ork want? :D

Next