Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Which Is The Best Chaos God?

Postby IBBoard at 28 Sep 2004, 20:26

Any particular reasons? or do we just have a kinky person with blood lust? :D

And on a side note, Dawn of War's Army Painter has a "Random scheme" button - more often than not its good for Slaanesh! occasionally you can get a good scheme, or one that only needs minimal tweaking.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 21 May 2005, 21:23

I love Khorne but I also love Slannesh!

man, it is hard to choose..

for 40k il go blood for the blood god

for fantasy ill let my dark elves become even more perverted by pledging my allegiance to slaneesh..

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 May 2005, 21:26

:D fair enough!

I'm going to have to dig out Way of the Dead at a later date - one of the short stories in there had an intersting way of describing the basis for the Chaos gods (what each one was about) and described Nurgle in a way I'd never thought of before. Something like jealous, I think.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Corporal Harland

Postby Corporal Harland at 19 Jul 2005, 08:12

slaanesh easily. making all sensations good ones is better than being a pus filled corpse

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 Jul 2005, 08:52

Anyone noticing a pattern of getting Slaanesh included in people's preferences? Remember guys, you would have to wear pastel shades :D

Nearly forgot about that quote!
From "The Road to Damnation" (A short story in "Way of the Dead")

If I were a god, he thought, with incalculable power and potentially-eternal existence, my greatest enemy would be boredom. If I were a god of wrath, I might take the edge off that boredom with never-ending orgies of violence. If I were a god of envy, I might become a connoisseur of disease, decay and all the other forms of catastrophic change. If I were a god if intellectual ambition, I might becomea creator and solver of intricate puzzles and bizzare games. But if I were a god of lust and luxury, a proud creature dedicated to sensual self-indulgence, I would always be vulnerable to satation

An interesting look at the Chaos gods (Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and then Slaanesh) by Brain Craig :)

clampy125

Postby clampy125 at 31 Jan 2006, 18:53

its very easy to say which god is your favourite, mine is khorne, but when it comes down to it all the gods are as just equal as each other.
But if i had the choice in what chaos army to do it would be night lords oir alpha legion as the clolours are cool and the rules are even better.

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 05 Mar 2006, 19:54

A lot of decision-making process here is going to be based on your preferred army and background. I built up a Nurgle 40k army, just because I liked the Great Unclean One and Plaguebearer models (oh, and the Nurglings). And the old Death Guard model was quite cool. There is something about Nurgle, but you do have to wonder how Nurgle cults recruit members... :wink: You can imagine the pitch "Come join us and get many fascinating skin diseases!"
The Nurgle stall on Career Day is probably quite lonely.

Painting Slaaneshi marines was always fun, because you had a chance to go overboard in a way you couldn't with a lot of other armies.

On a Chaos Marine chapters level, it's either Nurgle or Khorne. You can do a lot with the Nurgle theme when modelling, and I just like the World Eaters chapter badge.

On a personal level, as in which Chaos God would I choose to follow, I admit, it's probably Slaanesh. Not so much out of a sense of perversity, but because it's more likely that I'd fall for their recruitment drive :D
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Mar 2006, 09:14

Presented with a beautiful woman-thing (where you don't notice the 'thing' part), a book, the severed and still bleeding head of an enemy or a gibbering ball of pustules and slime, I can imagine that the Slaanesh recruitment drive probably would go down better :D

I've never liked Slaaneshi models so much, though. Yeah the daemons are interesting, but I never liked the floursecent marines as much and I'd be hard pushed trying to get them to look right!

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 07 Mar 2006, 09:15

You don't have to do them fluorescent (the fun wears off after the first Titillating Pink Squad), but their colour scheme could be a little more outre and varied than most. Also, when converting Slaaneshi Marines there's a wide scope for the bizarre. You could say that about any Chaos army, but Khorne doesn't lend itself too much to that sort of modelling, Nurgle tends towards boils, sores and things and Tzeentch seems locked into bird heads and wing motifs.

The more recent Slaanesh daemons have been better, but they've still been some of GW's worst models for daemons (with the exception of the Keeper of Secrets). I'm thinking particularly of Daemonettes circa 4th Edition WH with those ugly, over-sized claws and ridiculous heads. I've always though that Daemonettes should be based on witch elves with claws and a tail, or the artwork in the SM 2nd Ed supplement Renegades.
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Mar 2006, 10:12

But Slaanesh needs bright flourescent pastel colours so that they get the sensory input. All that pleasure seeking and increased sensory perception has burned them out to most colours. Ok, it doesn't have to be pink, but that works best for the sexual side of Slaanesh.

I would agree on conversion posibilities though. Khorne involves adding bigger axes or big muscled arms without power armour, Nurgle just wants big bellies and boils, Tzeentch could have a wider variety of 'changes', but bird-based does seem to be the norm, and Slaanesh can have all sorts of tentacles and claws and the like. Strange random hermaphrodites are also a possibility, if you really feel like modelling one!

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 08 Mar 2006, 22:36

Hmm. I always tried to use a kaleidoscopic effect on my Slaaneshi marines. For the Jump Marines mentioned elsewhere, I gave them a Tit. Pink base, but overlaid their power armour with runic patterns in darkening shades mixed with Blood Red, and gave everyone individual shoulder pads (based on the same four colours - enchanted blue, sunburst yellow, hobgoblin orange and worm purple). The rune patterns on the armour subdued the luminous effect of TPink a bit, and fit quite nicely with the 'try-everything' philosophy of Slaanesh. I used a couple of spare plastic 'nids from A Space Crusade to fiddle some of them - one had 'nid forearms with normal Marine hands. The Sergeant had a 'nid 'stinger' codpiece.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 09 Mar 2006, 08:59

Cool, sounds like an improvement over the standard 'make everything pink' Legions! Although:

Tit. Pink

I think you did that on purpose :D I wonder how many of GW's gamers are so young that they'd end up giggling at that.

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

TPink abbreviations

Postby Simguinus at 12 Mar 2006, 17:34

Honestly, I didn't! And probably a lot of them... :?

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 14 Mar 2006, 02:35

Khorne Rules all,everything is blood.

Skulls for the Skull Throne,Blood for the Blood god!!

PreviousNext