Wolfenburg

Tech Priest Squeak

RE: Wolfenburg

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 04 Jul 2001, 20:02

for those of you who don't know there is a Multi User Dungeon on the net now, its based on Warhammer roleplay which is what warhammer quest is based on. its a text based game where you can wander around a huge landscape and kill things amoungst other things.
go to http://www.wolfenburg.com to find out more, but be warned it is not free you have to pay £10 a month but you do get 10 hours free playing time, and its worth checking out.

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 04 Jul 2001, 20:21

BTW i mean that you get 10 free hours before you register to play not after, you go there and download the program and get your 10 free hours per account and you have to pay if you want to continue after that.
i can recommend that you do this because i've played and it great fun, even if you only use the free time, just have some fun.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Jul 2001, 15:00

I think I had that when they first brought the demos out.  When they said you had to pay, I didn't bother.  I would only have got a character and wanted to carry on with them if I had started
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 07 Jul 2001, 13:37

yep but like i said its wort checking out, i'm also finding out about another site thats similar but its free so watch this space.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Jul 2001, 12:06

Quote: from Tech Priest Squeak on 2:37 pm on July 7, 2001
yep but like i said its wort checking out, i'm also finding out about another site thats similar but its free so watch this space.
<p>Free?  I'm interested in that one :D
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 10 Jul 2001, 20:40

looking it up now, BTW there are lots of free MUDs on the net, you just have to find a decent MUD client thats free, i have zMUD which is a trial edition and very good but there are others. most MUDs are entirely text based and not very good but there is one like the Wolfenburg on that i'm looking up, i will post instructions here when i have found them out.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Aug 2001, 17:43

I just found out recently where you know about it from.
I get White Dwarf by subscription, but I recently noticed that I was missing one.  When I went in to the store and looked, I hadn't lost it, I'd never got it.  They interviewed a guy about Wolfenburg in WD259

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 08 Aug 2001, 21:57

yep i found that, but i didn't look it up then, it was before that cause one of my friends from school is a MUD fanatic so e found out about it

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 Aug 2001, 20:32

I have checked the net, and unfortunately I can't find any other free Warhammer based MUDs.  If there is one out there, they must not be advertising it too well

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 30 Aug 2001, 23:24

go to download.com and search for ZMUD or just MUD's on any search engine to find out about MUD's and see what free ones are out.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 31 Aug 2001, 21:20

We have the MUD-client-program-thingy, but there aren't any Warhammer MUDs other than Wolfenburg. (Which unfortunately costs :()

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 04 Sep 2001, 19:50

i didn't mean a Warhammer one i meant one simliar, its a fantasy one, one that Wolfenburg nicked most of the source code from

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Sep 2001, 19:36

Oh, do you have the name or URL of it.  Horus might be interested.
Unfortunately it won't work over a Proxy server, so I couldn't play it (most of the time)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 05 Sep 2001, 21:24

nope i re-formatted my HD recentally but i can give you the name of it, its "Legends of Cosrin" or it might be Cosrind, search for it, it should come up with something

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Sep 2001, 20:33

I'll make sure that Horus sees that.  After all, he is the one who is most likely to play it.  I'm usually busy with hacks and the board and stuff

Next