IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Gw On Tv

Postby IBBoard at 17 Jan 2003, 20:07

I just got White Dwarf today, and apparently GW are going to appear in adverts here in the UK :) well, kinda

They have appeared before, BBC2s "Working Lunch" interviewed one of the important people when they first got the LotR licences (apparently the guys who started GW now own one of the big computer games companies)

But anyway, one company (who I think is one of the companies who do all these fortnightly mags with freebies, like the ones where you collect teapots, planes, historical military figures, bits of a huge Admiral Nelson ship etc) has been granted a licences to do a magazine about intros, techniques and scenery etc for LotR, and as part of it, they are (of course) advertising it on TV soon :) so watch the ad breaks and look out for (from the photo) two lads fighting the Balins Tomb scene in LotR :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Bap

Postby Bap at 17 Jan 2003, 20:27

Cool!

I hope now they got their own Comp company they make games!!

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 17 Jan 2003, 20:31

computer company? have they?
oh, suppose that RPG one is basically done by GW isn't it
But before now they worked with Bluebyte IIRC for Shadow of the Horned Rat. Can't remember who did the others.
Might have to go back and play them again :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 18 Jan 2003, 23:02

u sed they owned a computer company, stop confusing us

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 Jan 2003, 21:06

Ah, yeah :D
I meant Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson, the guys who first set up GW, now own a computer company (publishers or developers I don't know), but they don't actually own GW anymore, they sold it quite a while ago.
So GW doesn't have all that much of a computer company, apart from whoever is doing that RPG for them, and they might be external contracted in under licence