IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Getting Back Into The Swing

Postby IBBoard at 28 Oct 2002, 19:35

Anyone got anything I should remember when playing 40K? I'm in Uni until 4/5 on Tuesdays (officially 5, but from 4 its a maths tutorial and I ain't having any problems to bother staying behind with yet), so I'm going to go to the GW Manchester Veterans Night. Only thing is that its been so long since I played that I can't remember much of it :D must read up on the rules before I go in :) As soon as I find time :(
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Asdrubael Vect

Postby Asdrubael Vect at 30 Oct 2002, 21:55

the new rules weren't too bad for me to pick up... they seemed a lot easier than when I first learnt 40K rules many moons ago lol! You should have no problem.. I thin k they made them easier for new (or older players) to learn rather than just throwing you off in the deep end (well that was what I thought when I first started around the age of 6 or 7 lol)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Nov 2002, 14:04

Yeah, I think they might have made it an "Easy to learn, difficult to master" game this time around. Just got to find the time to re-read the rules. I've got a week off for reading week, but I don't know how much time I'll have.
Oh well, I'll find some time somewhere :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)