The Emperor, C'tan And The Eldar.

Shas'o Vior'la Uk

RE: The Emperor, C'tan And The Eldar.

Postby Shas'o Vior'la Uk at 21 Aug 2002, 21:15

Ok, First off, the C'tan "the Deciever" is actually the Eldar "The Laughing God" and 2nd, The Golden Throne of the Emperor was not Built by Humans. Through a lot of Research, and Areas where GW Contradicts Itself, the Following Conclusions can be Made:

- The Emperor is a C'Tan
- The Laughing God and the Deciever are the same
(It was Told that the Laughing God Tricked Nightbringer into Stasis, and it is also told The Deciever did the same thing, an since Nightbringer was only in Stasis Once, They Most be the same person)

However, an Eldar God can never Transverse from the Warp to Realspace, and the Opposite is true for a C'tan, They cant enter the warp... And Since Eldar gods are just reflections of the Eldar in Warp, then doesnt that mean the the Eldar Created the C'Tan?

Preplexing isnt it, I Gotta go Find the Thing on the emperor as a C'tan

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 27 Aug 2002, 21:27

very interesting, but you have to remember that the history of 40k gets rewritten very often i.e. the slann used to be in 40k and your example.
the eldar gods could get into the real world, see eldar codex, but were sealed off later so the conflict with the c'tan happened before that, actaully there is referance to this in the eldar codex also the c'tan is mentioned as an encient enemy. yes 40k history does contradict itself and i'll look forward to reviewing all your research into the matter, maybe we can write to them to put it straight?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Sep 2002, 17:55

I might have some of the stuff on the Emperor. I was reading an old mag the other day (issue 140ish - over 11 years old!!!) and it was talking fluff about Psykers. It explained how some were killed for being rogue or too weak, while others because Primaris Psykers (battlefield wizards), some worked the Astronomican, but those who couldn't pass the 'tests' or whatever were sacrificed to the Emperor to feed his need for psychic power. Seems like a possible C'Tan link (feasting on psycic people).
But if you find more, it would be interesting :) (Note to self: must read more fluff)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Dan the Mingmaker

Postby Dan the Mingmaker at 02 Nov 2002, 20:35

i think the eldar MADE the necrons!!!!!
i know thi because in 'a torturers tale' in WD241 it says that the eldar created machines to farm, fight, explore, etc for them
[Theory] the eldar made necrons to work for them fall happened necrons shut down [cut to now] so now (for a reason that i wish I knew) the necrons are awaking (down with necrons AND eldar)

(Nurgle forever)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Nov 2002, 21:06

Dan the Mingmaker wrote:i think the eldar MADE the necrons!!!!!
i know thi because in 'a torturers tale' in WD241 it says that the eldar created machines to farm, fight, explore, etc for them
[Theory] the eldar made necrons to work for them fall happened necrons shut down [cut to now] so now (for a reason that i wish I knew) the necrons are awaking (down with necrons AND eldar)

(Nurgle forever)

But why would such a majestic race as the eldar make mechanised skelentons as their slaves? surely, looking at Wraithguard and Dreadnoughts, they would have been able to produce something much more, erm, aesthetically pleasing and less grim.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 04 Nov 2002, 13:12

Dan the Mingmaker wrote:i think the eldar MADE the necrons!!!!!

(Nurgle forever)

the necrons are alot older, tey come form the eastern fringes of the galaxy.

the early necrons (necron raiders) were raiding parties ahead of the main force, when they brought in codex necrons.

also, necrons appear on the old space crusade game, so they could be from the golden age of technology, when man expanded his reach far across the glaxay. they sit on human hulks, so they could be human built or they killed the humans and nicked the ships

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 04 Nov 2002, 20:07

Warmaster Horus wrote:also, necrons appear on the old space crusade game, so they could be from the golden age of technology, when man expanded his reach far across the glaxay. they sit on human hulks, so they could be human built or they killed the humans and nicked the ships

Technically they dont - its just pure coincidence the Chaos Androids look like Necrons as far as 40K is concerned. I think GW made the Chaos Androids in skeletal for to look nasty, liked them and then developed an entire race about a decade later that looked very similar because, again, they wanted a cruel and evil looking mechanised race

Ravenor

Postby Ravenor at 17 Aug 2005, 07:32

This is interesting but i was reading my necrons codex and read that the necrons where created by the C'tan to fight the old ones because before the necrons were necrons they were the Necrontyr and they fought the old ones for centuries but no one knows why and they lost every battle until the C'tan came The Deciever said he had found a way for the Necrontyr to win against the old ones and he did so he made the chambers to turn them into Necrons and it worked the Necrons fought the old ones and WON!!! but then when The Deciever promised to changed them back but he lied and turned them into the mindless slaves that serve The C'tan with no purpose but to destroy anything in their path and if you read the necrons codex you will see that the Necrons were The C'tans creation but i don't know how the C'tan were created

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 17 Aug 2005, 08:37

I'd heard the Necrons called the Necrontyr before, didn't realise it was actually a semi-separate race. Makes you wonder if GW will release any background/images on the original Necrontyr race.

Still, it doesn't prove the original suggestion of the link between The Emperor and him being a C'Tan. Wouldn't suprise me if it wasn't Imperial technology in the Golden Throne though

Ravenor

Postby Ravenor at 18 Aug 2005, 07:40

Well its pretty obvious about the golden throne being made by imperials but i think the technology they used in the throne is reserved for the Emperor unless they use the same technology for librarians but thats a real hard one

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 Aug 2005, 08:49

Yeah, the Throne itself was made by the Imperium, but was it Imperial technology behind it that they've now lost, or is part of it some alien technology that they don't much know about?

Also (having read Ian Watson's Inquisitor book) does it not bother the population of the Imperium (or at least those that know) that the Emperor has split personality disorder?

*waits for TGSC to turn up and correct him on the psychological name for the disorder*

omegoku

Postby omegoku at 18 Aug 2005, 12:23

the emperor gave instructions on how to build the throne, didnt he?

as for being a c'tan? i doubt it, hes just every shaman rolled into one.. created at the dawn of humanity when magic began to wane

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 Aug 2005, 12:41

Good point, I think he did now I try to remember back. Rather impressive to be able to do that while dying (if I'm correct in remembering he did it after the battle with Horus)

TGSC
Sergeant
Sergeant
Progress to next rank:

37%

Postby TGSC at 19 Aug 2005, 00:44

IBBoard wrote:Also (having read Ian Watson's Inquisitor book) does it not bother the population of the Imperium (or at least those that know) that the Emperor has split personality disorder?

*waits for TGSC to turn up and correct him on the psychological name for the disorder*

Not read the book so I don't know whether its MPD or delusional schizophrenia or what. Even though I'm always picky about this in films and things, to be fair, I don't think the association of british clinical psychiatrists actually recognise MPD as a valid psychological disorder, its only defined in the DSM, which is used by the APA (americans), MPD was until recently often diagnosed as schizophrenia over here, I dunno what the general opinion is now.

Ravenor

Postby Ravenor at 19 Aug 2005, 05:52

I doubt that the Emperor is a C'tan because if he was he would have betrayed mankind and turned them into Necrons like what the Deciever did to the Necrontyr knowing the C'tan he would do that with out a doubt

Next