IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Where to start with Warhammer FB

Postby IBBoard at 07 Nov 2010, 14:18

like the current one is scaven vs high elves, my friend is going high elves and im going bretonnia so it doesn't work

The old way would have been to just sell the Skaven in their sprues on eBay or similar :) Someone is bound to want extra rank and file.
Australian dollars I assume. GW hasn't noticed that the pound is worth a fraction of what it used to be vs lots of other currencies.

I did wonder about the country, but I didn't think AU$ was that far out. It's fairly common for that kind of price discrepancy, though. Just look at all of the computer hardware and software that costs, say, $100 and reaches the UK at...£100, even when we're up at $1.80 -> £1 *checks exchange rates* Actually, we're up at $1.60 -> £1 now, and the AU$ is down at $1.50 -> £1! I thought the US$ was creeping at the $1.20 level, but obviously not.

As Snowblizz said, shipping from overseas may work out cheaper, if a little slower. I've just had a look at Wayland Games (who do good discounts, and who we have an affiliate link with) and they sell the WH rulebook for under $70 with airmail shipping taking it to around the $70 mark.

I guess you can get away with having someone who knows the rules to guide you if a) they're willing to spend their time guiding you and b) they're not wanting to play their own games against other people. In general then it just seems like a hassle, and I'd rather just buy the book and learn, with the experienced person being there for interpretation and suggestions when they're available.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

saphire krakens
4th Year Cadet
4th Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

95%

Re: Where to start with Warhammer FB

Postby saphire krakens at 08 Nov 2010, 06:25

Only problem with that is that the local club is a Independent retailer so if people dont shop there he might go you of business and we wont have any place too play

Previous