IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: 40K 2nd Vs 40K 3rd

Postby IBBoard at 18 Jun 2001, 20:22

This is just a question, not a debate, so one post each please.
Which is better, 40K 2nd edition or 40K 3rd Edition?<p>I think 3rd Edition is better, as it relies more on troops, and it is a faster game to play, being much simpler.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 19 Jun 2001, 21:41

i'm split on this, 2nd edition had a lot more detail and good rules in it but it was slow and took ages to play a game, 3rd edition is fast and easy to play but leaves out a lot of the good rules from the 2nd edition.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 20 Jun 2001, 12:11

Quote: from The Emperor on 10:41 pm on June 19, 2001
i'm split on this, 2nd edition had a lot more detail and good rules in it but it was slow and took ages to play a game, 3rd edition is fast and easy to play but leaves out a lot of the good rules from the 2nd edition.
<p>Yeah, especially rules like Ork Jump Packs, the different grenades and all of the entertaining Misfire tables :(
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

SaMeDi

Postby SaMeDi at 21 Jun 2001, 22:06

well i like them both, 3rd ed is better in the way that it is a lot quicker to play but i liked 2nd eds complexity and i know loadsa tables what i cant use anymore filling even more of my precious memory <sniff>

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 28 Jun 2001, 21:04

Quote: from Tech Priest Squeak on 1:11 pm on June 20, 2001
Quote: from The Emperor on 10:41 pm on June 19, 2001
<p>Yeah, especially rules like Ork Jump Packs, the different grenades and all of the entertaining Misfire tables :(
<p>i liked the misfire tables, there was one Eldar gun that if it misfired would warp itslef into a super compacted ball

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Jul 2001, 11:56

I always liked the Ork Storm boyz.  They could eiother not take off, explode or go flying accross the table and be lost :D
As for the Eldar weapon, it sounds like it could be the Prism Cannon or the D-Cannon (I don't know much about the Eldar)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 03 Jul 2001, 18:07

Quote: from Tech Priest Squeak on 12:56 pm on July 3, 2001
I always liked the Ork Storm boyz. They could eiother not take off, explode or go flying accross the table and be lost :D
As for the Eldar weapon, it sounds like it could be the Prism Cannon or the D-Cannon (I don't know much about the Eldar)
<p>i lost an entire ork stormboyz squad to that rule, over 3 turns all of them either blew up or whent flying off!
as for the Eldar weapon it was either the D cannon or the graviton gun

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Jul 2001, 15:09

Quote: from The Emperor on 7:07 pm on July 3, 2001
Quote: from Tech Priest Squeak on 12:56 pm on July 3, 2001
I always liked the Ork Storm boyz. They could eiother not take off, explode or go flying accross the table and be lost :D
<p>i lost an entire ork stormboyz squad to that rule, over 3 turns all of them either blew up or whent flying off!
as for the Eldar weapon it was either the D cannon or the graviton gun
<p>But loosing them to freak accidents was half the fun of the Orks.  It wasn't "Will they kill them" it was "They WILL kill them IF they get into combat" :D
Now they are too predictably, and always get into combat.
It's quicker, but it does mean the Orks aren't quite as characterful

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 07 Jul 2001, 14:20

freak accidents were the fun of Orks and the 3rd edition does take this away BTW is this becoming a debate? should we move this thread?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Jul 2001, 12:12

Quote: from Tech Priest Squeak on 3:20 pm on July 7, 2001
freak accidents were the fun of Orks and the 3rd edition does take this away BTW is this becoming a debate? should we move this thread?
<p>It is kinda, best move it then.  CVan't have bad examples of threads being allowed when they shouldn't.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Jul 2001, 12:13

#Moderation Mode<p>Better do things the right way.  It has become a debate<p><a href="http://www.hiveworldterra.f2s.com/cgi-bin/topic.cgi?forum=6&topic=5" target="_self">Moved here[/url]

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 11 Jul 2001, 21:05

do you type in "#moderation mode" or does it appear on its own? and does the link appear on its own too? or do you have to go to the troubel of putting it in?

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 28 Jul 2001, 18:37

orks aren't losing character, they are just changing from comedy to single minded killers

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 30 Aug 2001, 23:30

single minded killers is what they always have been but the malfunctions rule repersents hat they are not very good at building things, at least some Orks aren't, everything turned out by the Meks could work very well but they is a chance that it could not, especially if it has been made by an aprentice

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 31 Aug 2001, 21:17

Yeah, Orks are getting nastier, but they are still getting better at technology.  Their malfunctions are getting a lot nicer.  They used to be a lot worse (funnier and often more dangerous)

Next