personal Dark eldar army list

Yresk
1st Year Cadet
1st Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

40%

personal Dark eldar army list

Postby Yresk at 29 Sep 2010, 16:04

this is an army list that i wrote together because i was rather let down by the old army lsit. i feel id did not capture all the sadistic pride of the dark eldar nor bring them into the light as they should be.
i only recently found out that there is a new dark eldar army lsit so i felt like i had to post this before it arrives. think of this as a fun read and nothing more(unless everyone loves it and becomes more popular than the real one :P ) ive done alot of things like this because i love the scourse material of warhammer 40K and i think ther is a lot of more things to bring to the table. i hope to expand on this alittle more but i just wanted to get this out there before the new army list comes out

(By the way im rather dyslectic so sorry for some bad spelling but i think i got it most right)

HQ

0-1 Archon

The archon is the biggest leader around and he calls the shot no mater what.

Ws Bs S T W I A LD Sv Pts
6 6 3 3 3 7 3 9 5+ 60

Options: the archon can carry equipment from the armoury
Independent character.
The Archon may choose a retinue.

Even if he/she is at a lower rank of power they are still a force to be reckoned with in politics and on the battlefield.

0-1 Drachon

5 5 3 3 2 6 2 9 5+ 35

Options: the archon can carry equipment from the armoury
Independent character.
The drachon may choose a retinue.

Wych lord

In the gladiatorial arenas of the dark city the champions stand up like great heroes and will lend their skills to the highest bidder, this allows the murderous leaders of the dark eldar to field a truly monstrous elite squad.

Name WS BS S T W I A LD SV PTS
Wych lord 7 4 3 3 3 8 4 8 6+ 60
Wych champion 6 4 3 3 2 7 3 7 6+ 40

Weapons: the wych lord always counts as being armed with wych weapons.

Options: May choose weapons from the armoury. The lord may have a squad of wyches as a retinue and a group of up to five warp beasts. The maximum number of the squad may not exceed 10.

Special rules: if a wych lord is part of the army, the army may be a wych army. Warriors and raider squads become elites. Wyches and warp beasts are troops.

Haemonculi

Grand evokers of pain and misery, the haemonculi are dreaded members of the eldar society where they always look for new playthings for them too test their deadly trade.

4 4 3 4 2 4 2 8 5+ 25

Options: the Homunculi may choose weapons from the armoury and you may choose up to three for one HQ choice.

Master Homunculi

4 4 3 4 3 5 3 8 5+ 45

Options: the Homunculi can carry equipment from the armoury
Independent character. May choose a retinue.

Special rules: if a master Homonculi is part of the army Grotuesqes may be taken as troops choices.

Dark Seer

Psychic powers are able to rip flesh of bones and bring death to whatever the user deems a worthy target, the dark eldar use these powerful warriors to bring death to their enemies.

3 3 3 3 2 6 2 9 5+ 75

Options: the Dark seer may choose equipment from the armoury and up to two psychic powers from the list of powers.

Slave Seer

Tortured souls who have been infused with psychic energy to serve their mighty masters. The slave seers use their power to win the battle but only at a severe cost to themselves.

3 3 2 2 1 4 1 7 - 30

Squad: you may choose up to 4 slave seers if you have one dark seer in the army. They are not armed nor armoured.

Options: The slave seer may choose one psychic power from the list at no additional cost.

Special rules: the slave seer may always cast a psychic power at the cost of its own life, if they fail a psychic test they are automatically destroyed and the power does not work.

Retinue

The highest of the high among leaders need their protection from the masses and assassins that want them dead the retinue are the most dedicated warriors of any cabal and fight tooth and nail to prove that they are worthy of being the most elite of warriors.

4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8 5+ 8
5 4 3 3 1 5 1 8 3+ 25
5 4 3 3 1 6 2 9 3+ 43

Squad: The troop may consist of a mix between 5 and 20 warriors or incubi one may be upgraded to a master incubi.

Weapons: the warriors are armed with splinter rifles or splinter pistols and close combat weapons. The incubi are armed with tormentor helms and punishers.

Options: up to two warriors may be armed with dark lances at +15 pts each or splinter cannons at +10 pts each. All may be armed with tormentor helms at +4 pts per model. The warriors may replace splinter weapons with shuriken weapons at +2 pts per model.

Two incubi may be armed with a shredder at 10 pts each or blasters at +6 pts each. All may be upgraded with gruesome talismans at +3 pts each.

Raider: if less than ten models strong the squad may use a Raider at +55 points.

Advisors. Needing to be at other places at the same is not easy, any number of incubi or warrior may leave the group and join other squads. They may not leave the squad during the time of battle.

Troops

Dark elder warrior group

The mainstay of the dark eldar forces. The warrior troop is well armed and able to take on several types of enemy units given time or tactical superiority.

Warrior 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8 5+ 8
syrabite 4 4 3 3 1 5 2 8 5+ 14

Squad: the troop consists of between four and ninteen warriors and one Syrabite.

Weapons: the troop is armed with splinter rifles or splinter pistol and close combat weapons.

Options: All warriors may exchange splinter rifles with shuriken catapults at +2 pts per model. May exchange splinter pistols with shuriken pistols at +1pts per model.

Two warriors may be armed with Splinter cannons or dark lances at +10 pts per model.
Two warriors may be armed with shredders at +10pts per model or blasters at +5 pts per model.

Slave troop

The number of slaves that are in the dark city of commoragh is unknown, because they are without end. And pressed into service out of the dark city, to see the light of a sun again they will do anything to stay away from their prison.

Slave 2 2 3 3 1 3 1 5 - 4
Syrabite 4 4 3 3 1 5 2 8 5+ 24

Group: the squad consists of one syrabite and between 4 and 49 slaves.

Weapons: The slaves are armed with close combat weapons, the syrabite is armed with a agoniser.

Options: the sybarite may choose weapons from the armoury, the slaves may be given additional hand weapons for 1 point each.

Special rules: the slave troop may be “Attached” to any other squad not mounted in a raider or jet bikes. They are placed within 2” of any member of the squad and move with the squad and take incoming fire from whatever source.

The slaves may re-roll all leadership tests as long as the syrabite is alive, but may not run or advance after beating the enemy in combat. If the syrabite dies or is removed, the slaves run away instantly removing the entire group. Full victory points are given for these groups.

Converted souls

Some who have stood out under the torture of the homunculi and will not want to endure it again cliam lojalty to the dark city and fight by their sides.

Convert 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 6 - 5
syrabite 4 4 3 3 1 5 2 8 5+ 24
Convert leader 3 3 3 3 1 4 1 7 - 10

Group: the squad consists of one leader or syrabite and between 4 and 19 converts.

Weapons: the convert and the convert leaders are armed with splinter rifles. The syrabite is armed with weapons from the armoury.

Options: up to three converts may be equipped with Shredders at +10 pts per model or blasters at +5 pts per model. The entire squad may be given armour (5+ save) at 2 pts per model.

Dark elder raider group

Fast attack is the mantra of the dark eldar, they use their lethally fast raider squads to outflank and overwhelm the enemy fighters.

Warrior 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8 5+ 8
syrabite 4 4 3 3 1 5 2 8 5+ 14

Squad: the troop consists of between four and nine warriors and one Syrabite. The squad must also pick a raider at +55 points.

Weapons: the troop is armed with splinter rifles or splinter pistol and close combat weapons.

Options: All warriors may exchange splinter rifles with shuriken catapults at +2 pts per model. May exchange splinter pistols with shuriken pistols at +1pts per model.

One warrior may be armed with Splinter cannon or dark lance at +10 pts per model.
One warrior may be armed with shredders at +10pts per model or blasters at +5 pts per model.

Elites

Grotesques

The horrible result of the haemonculis research and experiments, they are no longer human nor eldar nor what they started life as. They are horrid and bring terror to the battlefield.

Grotesques 4 0 4 3 2 3 2 5 - 20
Master grotesque 4 0 4 4 2 4 2 6 - 32

Squad: between four and fourteen grotesques and one master grotesque.

Weapons: two close combat weapons. Gruesome talismans

Options. May be given armour (5+) at 2pts each.
Special rules

Stupid the squad may not run and only roles 1 dice for determining advances and difficult terrain unless they pass a leadership test at the beginning of the turn.

Feel no pain. An invulnerable 4+ save against all attacks. Both the armour and the feel no pain rule is in effect.

Dark stalkers

The art of gathering information and taking out precise targets is as old as the bow and arrow. Now with murderous skill and silent weapons, the dark stalkers are rightly feared.

Stalker 4 5 3 3 1 6 1 9 5+ 25
Great stalker 4 5 3 3 1 7 2 9 5+ 35

Squad: The squad consists of between 1 and 5 stalkers or great stalkers.

Weapons: sniper rifles and splinter pistols.

Special rules: the stalkers or great stalkers may be placed anywhere outside of the enemy deployment zone even if infiltrate is not used for the mission. The stalkers may be placed individually from the rest of the squad. But if they are not in a squad all weapons against them count as pinning weapons.
Move through cover. Stealth (adds 1 to all cover saves) if a stalker hits on a roll of 6, the hit wounds all targets on 2+.
Great stalkers add 2 to all cover saves and gets a super hit on a roll of 5 or 6.

Bone soldiers

Wraith bone is a rare and extremely hardy material that only grow in the gardens of the craftworlds. How the dark eldar got this material is a mystery, but they are now built into power suits that give the wearer great power and resilience to any weapons trained on them.

Bone soldier 4 4 4 6 1 3 1 10 3+ 35
Bone leader 4 4 4 6 1 4 2 10 3+ 45

Squad: consists of between 3 and 9 bone soldiers and one bone leader.

Weapons: The squad are all armed with either Shredders or destructors.

Options: the bone leader may not choose equipment from the armoury. The squad may be armed with a number of power weapons at +10 pts per model. The unit may use a raider at +55 pts, if the squad numbers 5 or less.

Special rules. The bone soldiers are not carried on the raider as normal soldiers, but set in pods underneath it (to prevent the thing from turning over!) they must start the game mounted on their raider and will be able to get out of their transport(even if its flying at high speed) but can never for any reason mount back on their raider.

Mandrakes

What horrible mutation allowed these monsters to live and thrive? Only the dark eldar could find use for these morbid murderers.

Mandrake 5 4 3 3 1 8 1 9 5+ 20
Shadow Mandrake 5 4 3 3 1 8 2 9 5+ 30

Squad: Up to ten models strong, any number of which may be a Shadow Mandrake.

Weapons: Splinter pistols and close combat weapons.

Options: the squad may replace the splinter pistols with shuriken pistols at +2 pts per model. Half of the squad (rounded down) may be given power weapons +10 pts per model, poisoned blades at +15 per model or scissor hands at +20 pts.

Special rules: infiltrate. Shadow skinned (always counts as being in cover and adds 2 to all present cover saves).
Deep strike. If the squad deep strikes on an enemy unit they are not destroyed, but get to attack instantly, as if assaulting, with an initiative of 10 for the first round of combat.

Wych squad

Combat masters and lethal warriors, the wych squad allows the dark eldar to have a fighting chance in close combat against almost anything.

Wych 5 4 3 3 1 6 1 8 6+ 13
Succubus 5 4 3 3 1 6 2 8 6+ 23

Squad: between 4 and 19 wyches and one succbus.

Weapons: splinter weapons and close combat weapons.

Options: the squad may exchange their pistols with shuriken pistols, at 2+ pts per model.
Up to two models may be equipped with shredder at 10+ pts per model or blaster +5 pts per model, power weapons at +10 pts per model.
Up to three models may be armed with wych weapons that doubles the number of attacks the model has at +10 pts per model.

Special rules: combat drugs. At the beginning of each game, the player rolls a dice and ads the effect permanently to the squad. If the player wishes he may roll another dice and ad the result. It the result is a double; half of the squad (rounded down) dies instantly before the game starts. If the player feels really brave he can roll a third time on the chart. If the result is a triple. The entire squad dies and does not even deploy on the table.

1 may make a 12” assault move and a 3D6 pursuit or fallback move.
2 +1 WS
3 +1 S
4 always strikes first.
5 re-rolls any misses in close combat.
6 +1 attack

Warp beasts

Beast 4 0 4 4 1 5 3 3 6+ 15
Beastmaster 4 4 3 3 1 6 1 8 6+ 15

Squad: one beast master and between seven warp beasts.

Weapons: the beast master has an agoniser and splinter pistol, the beasts are armed with only claws and teeth.

Fast attack

Reaver jet bike squad.

Reaver 4 4 4 4 1 5 1 8 4+ 30
Reaver succubus 4 4 4 4 1 5 2 8 4+ 56

Squad: between 3 and 10 jetbikes

Weapons: the reavers are armed with splinter pistols and the bikes have a splinter rifle. They use combat drugs.

Options: 2 members of the squad may be armed with shredders at +16 pts or blasters at +10 pts. The squad may upgrade the splinter rifles to shuriken catapults at +3 pts.

Winged warriors

Warrior 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8 5+ 16
succubus 4 4 3 3 1 5 2 8 5+ 32

Squad: between 4 and 9 warriors with one succubus leader.

Weapons. Close combat weapons and splinter pistols or splinter rifles, all have jump packs.

Options: the squad may exchange splinter pistols or rifles with shuriken weapons at +3 pts per model. Three models may be equipped with shredders at +10 pts per model or blasters at +5 pts per model.

Hellions

Hellion 4 4 3 3 1 6 1 8 5+ 20
Hellion succubus 4 4 3 3 1 6 2 8 5+ 32

Squad: Between 4 and 10 hellions, one hellion succubus.

Weapons: hell glaives, hellion sky boards.

Options, one hellion may be equipped with a shredder at +15 pts or blaster at +10 pts

Special rules. Combat drugs, 5+ invulnerable save

Heavy support

Dark elder Scourges

Scourge 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8 5+ 16
Syrabite 4 4 3 3 1 5 2 8 5+ 32

Squad: between 4 and 9 scourge with one syrabite leader.

Weapons: Splinter rifles and jump packs.

Options: the squad may exchange splinter pistols or rifles with shuriken weapons at +3 pts per model. Four models may be equipped with splinter cannons at +20 pts per model or dark lances at +25 pts per model.

Talos

Talos 5 3 7 7 3 3 D6 - 3+ 100

Weapons. Talos sting and talos claws.

Special rules: the sting fires randomly at the closest model, no mater what side they are on. The claws allow no armour saves, and for every hit roll of 6 another attack is made.

Ravager

Name Front armour Side armour Rear armour BS PTS
Ravager 11 11 10 4 105

Weapons: Three dark lances.

Options: The dark lances may be upgraded to disintegrators at +5 pts each.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: personal Dark eldar army list

Postby IBBoard at 29 Sep 2010, 18:30

Thanks for the contribution - hopefully there'll be some Dark Eldar readers who find it and decide to play with it in their local club :)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)