GW on a budget!!

Shidima
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

8%

GW on a budget!!

Postby Shidima at 09 Aug 2009, 20:43

Following on the article i decided to go browse some second hand web sites. I found some dude who wanted to sell his fantasy stuff for 60eu or a good offer. So i made a bid of 30eu, and he accepted the bid!

The add was about 4 regiments of gobbo's 1 regiment of orc boys gobbo leader and shaman and some fanatics. When i got there he said he had some dwarf stuff i could also have. It also had a troll and some scenery

So i guess i saved myself some money here. I reckon about 100 / 150 eu?

(For the observant reader, he bought the "Battle for Skull Pass" Box and added some stuff)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: GW on a budget!!

Postby IBBoard at 10 Aug 2009, 19:28

Skull Pass on its own is £50, so if you're getting most of that for about £25 then you've not done bad before he threw the other stuff in! I'm guessing someone really wanted to get rid of their old GW stuff.

How much of it is painted and how much does it need stripping down to be repaintable?

(Also, I'll move this to the right forum :) )
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Shidima
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

8%

Postby Shidima at 11 Aug 2009, 20:23

Ow sorry, i thought that i should go here :)

The paint he did was quite decent, i dont have to strip it just "enhance" it. He did about 2 regiments of gobo's and 3 orcs.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 13 Aug 2009, 17:34

No problem. General Chat is just for general, non-GW topics :)

It's not bad if you've got a usable paint job on them as well (or no paint). The problem comes when someone has painted plastic models badly and they end up either unusable or being risked with one of the cleaning methods that people have recommended.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)