IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Inquisitor model seen in LotRs extras!

Postby IBBoard at 07 May 2009, 15:24

I've had the week off work as holiday (and for once the weather in the UK has been quite nice!) and have spent some of the time looking after my 11 month old son with the Lord of the Rings DVD extras on in the background.

Today I was watching the Gollum disk that came with the Gollum figure in the Two Towers boxed set. It's all about how they made the collectable figurines, how the people who created the characters created the collectables (where as normally it is all licensed out) and how Peter Jackson and Richard Taylor (the WETA Workshop Supervisor) wanted to do it because they collected all of these fantasy/sci-fi/superhero resin and polystone figures. They kep scanning along shelves of various models, and one of them that I spotted (somewhat smaller than the rest, which included 12" figures) what appeared to be the Eisenhorn model from Inquisitor on a scenic base :)

I wonder where else GW models show up that people don't generally notice. I remember a wargaming table being used in a Channel 4 (I think) documentary, and they were using Warhammer models there, but I can't remember what the show was called.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)