hessyx2
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

20%

Codex or army creation app for making ur point army

Postby hessyx2 at 18 May 2008, 08:34

Hi Yall
i have just got myself the CD army creation application and downloaded the update from GW but the points dont add up when i match them to my codex, also it adds a command squad to my heavy weps like my motors and lascannons, which army list should i follow? or should i pop into GW when i next have time and ask the Qu?

Thanks yall
Hessy
Last edited by IBBoard on 31 Jan 2010, 15:34, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Further changes to attempt to prevent trademark litigation

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Codex or army creation app for making ur point army

Postby IBBoard at 18 May 2008, 14:29

The GW codex is correct, no matter what (as long as it is the latest edition).

Which army creation tool are you using? Lone Wolf's "Army Builder" or Games Workshop's Interactive Army List? If it's the former then whoever made the Lone Wolf version is out of date. If it's the latter then it shows that GW just wanted to make a cheap buck to fight off competition from Army Builder and the like by making their own one. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't get it done entirely accurately for all situations.

Hopefully WarFoundry (when I get a chance to work on it :\ ) will be far better and less buggy than any of these other solutions ;)

[edit] Some parts of this post (particularly the question) no longer make sense after complying with Lone Wolf Development's demands with regards their trademark. The original poster had used two English words to describe what was being created and the process of creating it, which infringed on their trademark, but did it as a lowercase description. Since changing this wording for legal reasons, the distinction of which tool was being used is now more obvious, but the content remains for full archive reasons.
Last edited by IBBoard on 31 Jan 2010, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changes to attempt to prevent trademark litigation
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

hessyx2
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

20%

Postby hessyx2 at 18 May 2008, 14:58

ya its the GW one i download the new update of there site and it still says i should have a command squad with them and my book is the new one two,

Hessy

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 May 2008, 18:43

Well, the Imperial Guard codex doesn't appear to have an errata, so I'd say the Codex is correct and up-to-date.

With regards the command squad, it looks like you might actually need one. The codex says that the Heavy Weapons Platoon is a Junior Officer in a Command Squad with one to three support squads. It isn't hugely clear about the difference between Command Squads from the HQ choice and HW Platoons from Heavy Support, but I'm guessing it's just that the HW Platoon is only a Junior officer and they don't want to repeat stats etc.

What points can it not add up?

Checking with a staffer will give you about as close to an official answer as you can get, though. It won't be 100% official, but given that it's their job to understand it all then they should be fairly knowledgeable on a sensible interpretation.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

hessyx2
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet
Progress to next rank:

20%

Postby hessyx2 at 18 May 2008, 20:22

well i have 1 anyway but for the amount of Heavy wep teams in my army i need 2 more i mean am not complaining cause i know ways of saving money at GW,

Like the battleforce which is 50 pounds, you can make 9 heavy weps all you need to buy extra is the big bords cause they send eveything u need.

i also have gained a few spar parts so i should be able to make a Few :D

Hessy

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 19 May 2008, 21:17

From my reading of the codex it isn't just "you need a command squad in your army to have a HWT platoon", but "you need a command squad with a Junior Officer to lead your HWT platoon".

As for money saving tips - if you have any, please post them in a topic that people can find :)