gaming surface

thesteelclaw
Yoof
Yoof
Progress to next rank:

20%

gaming surface

Postby thesteelclaw at 21 Apr 2008, 13:28

Hi I was just wondering what everyone else play warhammer and 40k on as i only have a 4ft square board. also what kind of sinary you use. its also a good excuse to put some pictures on. below is my gaming table with two of my half painted armies.
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2335/2431286828_bb1ca3b046.jpg?v=0[/img]

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: gaming surface

Postby IBBoard at 21 Apr 2008, 17:54

My brother (TGSC) and I used to have a 4ft square sheet of chipboard that was vaguely green (not grass green, just slightly dyed green). It was fairly cheap from the local timber yard. We also later added four 2'x4' modular terrain boards at a later date. Neither of the surfaces was quite as good as that, but they worked and you didn't have to worry too much when you put it away.

As for scenery, I think most of ours was home made. The Industrial Complex is one example, although we also had some bunkers made from templates in White Dwarf, a few ruined buildings made from the old polystyrene boxes, hills made from polystyrene, plus walls from the 2nd Edition box and various cutouts from White Dwarf.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

DieterHellsghewer

Re: gaming surface

Postby DieterHellsghewer at 25 Apr 2008, 20:03

I play on a folding table 8'x4' its nice cause you can put your armies off to the side. but its in the basment. I know thats kinda big but w/e. i get a few nice things over here
scenery is almost entirely home made a lot of foamcore hills and stuff. bunkers and i use scrap wood as like tunnel or ship walling its all been painted black and i've embelished it a little bit. My only other real piece other than baricades made of scrap foamcore and insulation is a large fortified wall. also foamcore. made to look as if it suffered a tyranid invasion.