Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Which are the better weapons

Postby Lucus009 at 24 Mar 2008, 03:13

The Bright Lance or pulse laser?
With the bight lance you Shot 36in 8S AP:1 and makes armor value higher than 12, 12(with 1 shot)
On the other hand the Pulse laser shots twice at 48in, but doesn’t get rid of armor.
I think the pulse laser is the better deal because it comes with the falcon while you have to by the Lance. What do you think?
Eldar

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Which are the better weapons

Postby IBBoard at 24 Mar 2008, 11:13

Depends what you're facing.

On the hole the pulse laser would probably be my choice as most tanks I've seen go up to armour 12 (a Predator is possibly 13 on the front, but that's when the Falcon just uses its speed to get to the side armour). Also, giving my ability at rolling dice then the more dice I have the more likely I am to actually do something! That's part of the reason I like Orks ;)

On the other hand, if I was facing a Land Raider then I think the Bright Lance may be more useful, even if I do only have a single dice roll. I was going to mention the Monolith as well, but doesn't it have the "Living Metal" rule that stops things like the Bright Lance decreasing its armour?
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Re: Which are the better weapons

Postby Lucus009 at 24 Mar 2008, 12:07

Ya, when you are playing the Monolith its best to wait for phase out and anything that would gain an extra dice for penatration or bring its armor down woulden't work.
Eldar