Army downloads

Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Army downloads

Postby Lucus009 at 23 Mar 2008, 02:28

How come the army downloads are so out of date?
Is it GW, or no people makeing it?

Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Re: Army downloads

Postby Lucus009 at 23 Mar 2008, 03:29

Heres what I did to update the Eldar, their are still some old stuff on it. Just thought it might be useful.http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EBAMNI3Y Just type in the code thing and get it, also Eldrad and the prince guy are not on their(forgot them)
Eldar

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 Mar 2008, 09:25

It has nothing to do with Games Workshop (they're the ones who actually got their Legal team to make me cut them down to their current state) and everything to do with user contributions. I've had at least two people say they'd contribute some updates and then I never heard from them again.

If you want to submit an update then please add your name and the date to the top of the file, package it in a Zip with a readme and submit it to the site.

Thanks.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby Lucus009 at 23 Mar 2008, 21:17

Ok, that download isen't right, their are still alot of stuff that needs to be taken off and added.
Eldar

Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby Lucus009 at 23 Mar 2008, 23:33

I think I've found most of the wrong things and I'm ready to hand it in, how do I do that? The sooner you post the better because their is a 5 hour difference.
I found were to go, but I get the error I diden't select anything to download.
Eldar

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Mar 2008, 11:16

Thanks for warning me about that, I didn't realise it was broken (HWT hasn't had as much attention recently). I'll try to fix it today.

In the mean-time then if you want to upload it somewhere and post a link here then I'll add it manually. Just make sure it has all the necessary readme, credits and disclaimers etc.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby Lucus009 at 24 Mar 2008, 12:47

Here it is http://www.uploading.com/files/1HOMT1D5/Zipped.zip.html
If you need a password it is: eldarud
That isen't right found something
Heres the good onehttp://www.uploading.com/files/Q6SVAMB8/Zipped.zip.html
Eldar

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Mar 2008, 15:26

Can you post it somewhere else? That site is being ridiculous at the moment. The first file it told me I needed to wait 60 seconds for, this one it is telling me to wait 60 minutes!

I had a quick read over the first version and I noticed some mistakes. I'm not sure if you've fixed them but a lot of the Aspect Warriors had their champion set as the Guardian Defenders squad because you put:
[code]ChampionIs=12[/url]
and the Guardians are unit 12.

Also, have you tested the file? There's an Exarch with unit ID 60, but the section starts "[0]" instead of "[Unit60]", which I'd have expected to cause an error as it isn't the correct format.

Based on your "I don't know how to do it" comment in the readme, have you got a copy of the ADF Manual? It should cover everything about the file format.

Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby Lucus009 at 24 Mar 2008, 16:12

I can't get any of the links on this site to work.
Here, try this one download
Eldar

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Mar 2008, 20:56

If that was you who emailed me then I already explained it, but this afternoon I was updating the site. It should all be working fine now.

*goes to other download site and blocks the AdultFriendFinder advert*

A lot of your Aspect Warriors still seem to be using the Guardians as their champion. Hopefully once you've got the manual you'll be able to sort that bit out.

Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby Lucus009 at 24 Mar 2008, 22:46

I went and looked at the file that was in the download folder and it didn’t update like it's suppose to, any who here it is (hopefully for the last time).
Eldar
Eldar

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 Mar 2008, 18:48

Are all of the Aspect Warriors supposed to be Exarch-less now? I didn't think Games Workshop had got rid of them, and from what I remember (it has been a while) they'd normally be champions who can take their own equipment (UseRestriction=3,0 ?). As it is at the moment then it looks like you'd just end up with a huge amount of options for "Exarch" with no distinction as to which one is which.

Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby Lucus009 at 26 Mar 2008, 00:27

All did was not name witch is witch. I guess I could name them, and the reason they have all those options is because well, that’s what they got. I was thinking about the warlocks and I think I might have something. Look for the new download in a couple days.
Look
Here it is
Eldar

Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby Lucus009 at 27 Mar 2008, 01:27

Hay, the warlocks and Farseer have an error or something because it says they have a 1+ save in the program, but in the ADF file it says the right thing (4). Has anything like this happen before? Besides that most everything is good in the above link. (Problem solved)
Eldar

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 27 Mar 2008, 08:57

I know you've fixed it, but I'll put it here for reference: If you've got a save of X but the unit is showing Y then it's probably because of equipment. Rollcall is originally designed for Warhammer and so equipment can add to the armour save.

As for the multiple exarches, the old way ("UseRestriction=3,0" I think, or possibly -3,0) should mark them as champions who don't have to take identical equipment. That means they won't show up in the "add a unit" list, which makes sense because they can't be taken on their own. Making them individual units as you have done means that 1) people will have a list of Exarches cluttering up the list 2) people can take more exarches than they should be able to and 3) people can take an exarch without taking the unit.

Next