was the fall inevitable?

Tech Priest Squeak

RE: was the fall inevitable?

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 07 Jul 2001, 13:16

ervasor assains are not cold calculating killers they are savage brutual killers and they get pleasure out of it they love their job and in some respects are worse than dark eldar.
if being savage horrible killers is a mark of chaos then the Blood Angels and their succesive chapters are also chaos...........

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 01 Aug 2001, 21:15

Quote: from Warmaster Horus on 2:16 pm on July 7, 2001
ervasor assains are not cold calculating killers they are savage brutual killers and they get pleasure out of it they love their job and in some respects are worse than dark eldar.
if being savage horrible killers is a mark of chaos then the Blood Angels and their succesive chapters are also chaos...........
<p>They are tanked up the eyeballs with steroids and 'phetamins and probably have a mind contall kinda think to stop remorse/regret<p>The fall just adds to the misteriousness of the eldar, you never quite know who's side they are on

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 01 Aug 2001, 21:25

Quote: from Warmaster Horus
The fall just adds to the misteriousness of the eldar, you never quite know who's side they are on
<p>*school kid voice* Please Miss, I do Miss, they are on their own side, Miss.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 05 Aug 2001, 15:25

too right

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 30 Sep 2002, 18:50

Warmaster Horus wrote:
Quote: from Warmaster Horus on 2:16 pm on July 7, 2001
<p>They are tanked up the eyeballs with steroids and 'phetamins and probably have a mind contall kinda think to stop remorse/regret<p>The fall just adds to the misteriousness of the eldar, you never quite know who's side they are on

Which are the Eversors anyway? are they the non-femal close-combat things? the funny ones with the skull heads?
*tries to think of more on-topic stuff to say*
Back to the Chaos Eldar thing, are you sure they ain't slightly chaotic? they are, after all. Eldar who have fallen to the "Dark Side" and enjoy pleasure in pain. Seems pretty much like Slaaneshi behaviour to me :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Dan the Mingmaker

Postby Dan the Mingmaker at 02 Nov 2002, 20:27

their fall was inevitable as chaos was going to come into the uneverse Somehow so the fall of the eldar was guarentied to happen in some sort of way (the less eldar there are the better :lol: :lol: :lol: )

(Nurgle Forever)

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 04 Nov 2002, 13:05

everyone in the WH40k world is fighting against chaos, so a lax moment and BOOM, your balck and spiky

the eldar just got too lazy, only the really good ones survived

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 04 Nov 2002, 19:52

Warmaster Horus wrote:everyone in the WH40k world is fighting against chaos, so a lax moment and BOOM, your balck and spiky

Yeah, even Chaos fights chaos (they say its the fickle nature of chaos, I reckon its the stupidity of chaos :D).
And you wouldn't be black and spiky if you were slaaneshi - pastel shades, leather and kinkyness :D

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 17 May 2005, 18:19

Well the dark eldar might be considered cruel, chaotic and evil[that's why they are called DARK eldar afterall] but space marines also like to kill and they also have preferances.For example the dark angels prefer to kill chaos marines shouting "Repent!".Don't forget that part of their chapter[during the Horus Heresy it was a legion] embraced the dark gods of chaos.Orks also may be considered chaotic considering that they love bloodshed,their organization depends on that-the one who has the biggest scar is the leader and so on.Therefore almost all races can be considered chaotic with the exception of the Eldar and the Tau.And that's why because Tau fight for the right to exist[I believe that the Greater Good is survival or so I reckoned] and the Eldar fight ...... well I can't think of any reason that those guys would fight for except defence.Puzzling huh? :blink:
BTW sorry for my bad english...

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 May 2005, 18:23

Firstly, don't worry about your English, compared to some of the 'leet speak' and abbreviations some people use, its very readable!

...part of their chapter[during the Horus Heresy it was a legion] embraced the dark gods of chaos..

Is that the hidden secret of the chapter that I've heard mentioned, but never described? Always wondered what it was.

But I do think there is a difference between the waring behaviour of the Orks and being a worshipper of Chaos. Under 2nd edition (possibly 1st) some Orks did worship chaos because of the war aspect, but then in 2nd you had far more crossovers and things to try to make it all balanced by basically letting everyone at everything! The Chaos and Orks link, to me, is like saying that when it rains, it is cloudy, so when it is cloudy that must mean it's raining. That isn't true, and just because worshippers of chaos love war and orks love war, doesn't make them worshippers of chaos.

Hope people understood that :D

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 18 May 2005, 19:55

First of all [about the Dark Angels] it's the reason why they call themselves
The Unfogiven.They seek their fallen ex-space marine and kill them with a very nasty weapon called "The Blades Of Reason"[curently wielded by Asmodai who's Interogator chaplain].They offer[to the fallen] death or"salvation" as they call it[that's why they shout Repent all the time when fighting with Chaos].Now for the Orks ,well I'll think that I'm gonna stick to my point of view.You know,you don't need to embrace chaos and its gods to be chaotic.It's not about the deity but it's all about the acts,the structure/organization.That's why I've got suspicions that Space Marines have also been "tainted" by chaos....Especially the Space wolfs,savages...or the Blood Angels who prefer to tear apart everything with bear hands[when possible].Give me a good reason and I'll agree with you but untill you do that.....

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 18 May 2005, 19:59

You might want to check out the Dark Angels Codex for more info regarding
their secret.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 May 2005, 20:25

I know about the Fallen and Cypher (from what they put in White Dwarf) but from that and the quick skim of the Dark Angels codex, it was never made explicit that they had fallen to Chaos. Cypher was even shown as an unknown, almost a neutral, who was assumed Chaotic, but wasn't necessarily.

As for corruption in Space Marines, yeah, from the fluff it is very likely. The Primarchs were scattered by the Chaos gods and some of the chryo-tubes were broken, so they're bound to have had some warping influence.

This is getting a little off-topic though :D we're moving on to Marines and Chaos instead of the fall of the Eldar!

Librarian Rannos

Postby Librarian Rannos at 19 May 2005, 18:09

Well then,it seems that we'll have to create a new post for Space marines/chaos.I'm gonna do that now.This way please... :arrow: [lol! :lol: All this for creating a new post..]

SisterHelios
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

15%

Postby SisterHelios at 13 Jul 2005, 23:19

The Eldar Fell because they started to become like the Dark Eldar being debased and corrupted,and apperently some sort of civil war started,then the birth of Slaanesh and the Eye of terror happened since most of the Worlds in and around the Eye of Terror were once the Homeworlds of the Eldar. Read that in the New Chaos Codex believe it or not.

PreviousNext