was the fall inevitable?

Tech Priest Squeak

RE: was the fall inevitable?

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 22 May 2001, 21:10

was the Fall of the Eldar inevitable? or cound it have been prevented?
your thoughts on this please........

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 May 2001, 19:12

Well, the Eldar seers obviously belived that the fall of the Eldar was for the best, because otherwise they would have put more effort into stopping it.  Therefore I believe that the fall was inevitable in so much as the Eldar were never really planning on truely stopping it.
(####, this sounds like a History essay conclusion :D)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 25 May 2001, 20:37

Quote: from The Emperor on 8:12 pm on May 25, 2001
Well, the Eldar seers obviously belived that the fall of the Eldar was for the best, because otherwise they would have put more effort into stopping it. Therefore I believe that the fall was inevitable in so much as the Eldar were never really planning on truely stopping it.
(####, this sounds like a History essay conclusion :D)
<p>i mean was it inevitable because of Eldar nature, a lot of Eldar tried to stop the fall, thats why the craftworlds exist today and the Exodites. eldar seers didn't exist then as they are today remember the seer order was created to stop the fall happening again. i dont think the Eldar would have thought that billions of their race dying and leaving their race on the verges of extiction would be a good idea

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 26 May 2001, 20:42

It's a #### of a lot better than them all dying.
I don't know much about Eldar History.  Was the fall to do with Chaos?  Cos if it was, then yes, itprobably was inevitable, as the Eldar are always afraid of stepping to far and going toward Chaos
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 28 May 2001, 20:07

yep chaos had a lot to do with the fall, as it created Slannesh ( I haven't spelt that right i know) lord of pleasure. adn of course the eye of terror

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 31 May 2001, 20:52

Quote: from Tech Priest Squeak on 9:07 pm on May 28, 2001
yep chaos had a lot to do with the fall, as it created Slannesh ( I haven't spelt that right i know) lord of pleasure. adn of course the eye of terror
<p>But was that there before or after the fall?
I reckon there was always gonna be a few Eldar who took it too far, and invited Chaos in the homeworld by sampling pleasures too much

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 31 May 2001, 21:03

Quote: from The Emperor on 9:52 pm on May 31, 2001
Quote: from Tech Priest Squeak on 9:07 pm on May 28, 2001
<p>But was that there before or after the fall?
I reckon there was always gonna be a few Eldar who took it too far, and invited Chaos in the homeworld by sampling pleasures too much
<p>the eye of terror was created at the moment of the fall, Slannesh ripped open the warp and feased on the souls of the Eldar in range. the Eldar home planets were sucked into the warp and now reside in the centre of the eye of terror
the second point is very correct.<p>(Edited by Tech Priest Squeak at 10:07 pm on May 31, 2001)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 31 May 2001, 21:22

I don't know Eldar History too well, but from that short explaination, the Eldar were always doomed.  Chaos was growing stronger (and still is) and the occasional lack of discipline lead to the inevitable "Fall"

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 01 Jun 2001, 19:19

Quote: from The Emperor on 10:22 pm on May 31, 2001
I don't know Eldar History too well, but from that short explaination, the Eldar were always doomed. Chaos was growing stronger (and still is) and the occasional lack of discipline lead to the inevitable "Fall"
<p>i know Eldar history very well because i have read various generations of the Codex. you're right about Chaos growing stronger every day, thats true and this time its mainly the fault of the humans this time. not in their deeds in their thoughts, thoughts have form in the warp and human thoughts are making chaos stronger and stronger. Eldar thoughts did the same but to much more effect creating the chaos god Slannesh

The Impailer

Postby The Impailer at 17 Jun 2001, 15:40

>:) Being of the chaos persuation i'm quite happy about the fall of the eldar, it gave way to the SICK and TWISTED (cool) ideas of pain and more pain.
Me Being Me am quite exited by the thought of being hung up by 40 hooks and slowly blead to death. :puke: What about u guys

Warmaster Horus

Postby Warmaster Horus at 18 Jun 2001, 08:16

Quote: from Warmaster Horus on 4:40 pm on June 17, 2001
>:) Being of the chaos persuation i'm quite happy about the fall of the eldar, it gave way to the SICK and TWISTED (cool) ideas of pain and more pain.
Me Being Me am quite exited by the thought of being hung up by 40 hooks and slowly blead to death. :puke: What about u guys
<p>Ah, a Dark Eldar has arrived.  I take it you meant that the fall was inevitable, since you are of the chaos persuasion.
This is all about perspective.  Chaos saying "yes", everyone else saying "probably" :D

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 03 Jul 2001, 17:58

remeber Dark Eldar aren't Chaos worshipping beings, they enjoy inflicting pain

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 05 Jul 2001, 14:47

Quote: from The Emperor on 6:58 pm on July 3, 2001
remeber Dark Eldar aren't Chaos worshipping beings, they enjoy inflicting pain
<p>They are basically the evil Eldar which is about the same as Chaos Eldar.
I'm still sying that humanity would win with the help of the Eldar, Squats and Marines

Tech Priest Squeak

Postby Tech Priest Squeak at 05 Jul 2001, 20:49

being evil doesn't make you chaos, e.g evasor assasins are evil bastards but they ar not chaos..........

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 06 Jul 2001, 09:56

Quote: from The Emperor on 9:49 pm on July 5, 2001
being evil doesn't make you chaos, e.g evasor assasins are evil bastards but they ar not chaos..........
<p>:D They are just cold, calculated killers.  Evil as in spikey-kill-everything-that-moves-unless-it-is-more-fun-half-dead evil is more likely to be Chaotic

Next