Help With Rollcall

DieterHellsghewer

Help With Rollcall

Postby DieterHellsghewer at 23 Feb 2008, 23:54

For people with questions or problems with installation or the running of Rollcall.

To start this forum have a question myself. When I start up Rollcall its says it cannot find the magicitems.txt any ideas what might be wrong?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Re: Help With Rollcall

Postby IBBoard at 24 Feb 2008, 10:50

Firstly, I'll move this to the Main Games as it is about Rollcall and not WarFoundry.

Secondly, I think it might be easier for people to find answers if each question has its own thread. It isn't as if they'll get lost, and if there do turn out to be enough questions then they can have their own forum.

As for your actual issue, I thought it mentioned in the readme or something but Rollcall needs a MagicItems.txt file (because it was originally written for Warhammer) even if that file is blank. Your options are to:

• download the 5th Edition Magic Items file, which probably isn't much use any more
  • create a blank file called MagicItems.txt and not have any magic items (the 40K solution)
  • create a new 6th Edition (or are we on 7th now? I've lost track!) MagicItems.txt using the ADF manual as a reference
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)