IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

W40K squad winners 2007

Postby IBBoard at 07 Oct 2007, 10:38

I don't have as much to say about these as the squads are harder to judge from the images (which seem to have quite high compression).

The winning squad is certainly interesting though and contains a few great conversions. Mounting the Skorcha turret on top of the Kan makes for a better skorcha weapon than the normal one you get. It also adds a bit of height to make it more intimidating. It's the same with the one on the left - the stilt legs and 'boss pole' make it that bit taller and scarier. I also like the inclusion of the old wrecking ball from Gorkamorka as a close combat weapon - very Orky!

The most interesting conversion is definitely the back one, though. It looks like they've taken the Deathkopter engine from the Gorkamorka model and made a flying Kan. Very dangerous, even if it is just dangerous in that it might fall on top of you!

The Kroot look well painted from what I can see, and I like some of the scenic bases, but I'm not quite sure what one of the models is.

I'd possibly have ranked the Guardsmen above the Kroot, though. Their banner is cleanly done, the conversions are well executed and they seem to have the "point colour" thing done right with bare heads and red gloves against green and black armour.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)