Eldar Rule Question

Gargadon
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

2%

Eldar Rule Question

Postby Gargadon at 12 Aug 2007, 19:10

Can Baharroth join a squad of jetbikes and use skyleap? It only says Pheonix lords cant join other aspect warriors. Just an nteresting question. Or so i think...

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

RE: Eldar Rule Question

Postby stfas at 13 Aug 2007, 07:49

okay?..... what the hell does he mean? (i didnt understand most of it)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Eldar Rule Question

Postby IBBoard at 13 Aug 2007, 09:35

Baharroth, Cry of the Wind, is an Eldar Phoenix Lord in W40K TT.

My interpretation would be that if he can't join other squads of Aspect Warriors then he can't join other units, but I only have access to the 3rd Edition codex which classifies them as Independent Characters who get a bonus from being with their own Aspect.

Even ignoring that, though, units generally lose special movement abilities when they are joined by characters without it (e.g. scouts and Infiltrate rules). You can include an Ork Warboss in Mega Armour in a Nobz Mob without affecting their movement (so he moves D6", they move the normal 6") but they're still the same type of unit (infantry and infantry) where as that would be jump pack and bike mixed.

About the only way you might get away with it is if your opponent is a long-term opponent and he has a jump pack equipped Chaplain or other model that you let join a squad of Marine Bikes, and even then I'd say it was a house rule.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

DieterHellsghewer

Re: Eldar Rule Question

Postby DieterHellsghewer at 23 Feb 2008, 04:02

I don't have the codex in front of me. But i cannot think of a reason why not. Though GW being as screwed up as GW is. He probably wont be able to.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 23 Feb 2008, 08:47

Not even the mixing of the two versions of long movement? I can't remember which way round it is, but I'm fairly sure that one gets 12" move and 6" charge and the other gets 6" move and 12" charge.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby Lucus009 at 24 Mar 2008, 02:48

As for joining jetbikes Page 50 in the rule book says units move only with their types, The P. Lord would be considered infantry and wouldn’t be able to move with the jetbikes

IBBoard wrote:Not even the mixing of the two versions of long movement? I can't remember which way round it is, but I'm fairly sure that one gets 12" move and 6" charge and the other gets 6" move and 12" charge.
Jump and bikes are the first, and the second would be beasts
Eldar

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Mar 2008, 11:30

I merged your posts, since they were close together. In future please use the edit button in situations like that.

As for the rules, I hadn't read them in enough detail to spot that bit. I had always taken it as a rough guide that something like that was sensible, but didn't realise the rulebook actually said it.

Lucus009
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Postby Lucus009 at 24 Mar 2008, 12:24

I read it over again and my interpretation of it is that the character could join the unit but the bikes would have to stay in coherence, since he has a jump pack he would be able to keep up as they move their movement (up to 12in). And if you play RAW rules the bikes would follow him off the board.
Eldar