New Chaos codex

caelien
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

New Chaos codex

Postby caelien at 06 Aug 2007, 22:50

Nipped into my local GW today and managed to get a peek at the new plastic Chaos Terminator Lord (spikey) plastic Spawn (gribbly) and the new Chaos codex...

And I'm not happy. :evil:

I currently have five armies on the go (Biel tan eldar, Dark Angels and Black Templar space marines, Ndras sept Tau and a Silver Skulls army I'm doing for the club I'm starting) and now I'm gonna have to do a new Chaos army to go along with my Iron Warriors one (thank god they're pretty much done)

The Purge is looking good, especially the pic with the slit visor where the eyes are. And, of course, I'm gonna do a shed load of colour schemes for Dawn of War (just wish I could get my head around making badges and banners) Watch this space....

(okay, technically it's the sister site skins.hiveworldterra you should be watching) :ninja:

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

RE: New Chaos codex

Postby stfas at 07 Aug 2007, 13:12

i wish i had miniatures but they probably costs to much, might as for some in presents for chrismass

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 07 Aug 2007, 19:11

GW is expensive if you buy directly through them. It's slightly less expensive if you follow our Games Workshop on a Budget article.

As for the new Chaos, the Possessed looked quite good. I think they have a better "daemonic mutant" look than the previous "slightly odd bits of mutation" look that the previous mutations sprue could have provided.

The new Spawns definitely did look nicely gribbly! I think they have interchangeable parts as well, although I'm not sure.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

caelien
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

46%

Re: New Chaos codex

Postby caelien at 07 Aug 2007, 22:20

The spawn certainly are interchangeable, and the models I saw weren't based so I could see they looked good both upright and on all fours (all six, er eight, er....) so plenty of conversion chances.

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 08 Aug 2007, 06:07

You want it on all fives or something so that it really is odd :) And it's good that they made the Spawn not just an ogre-shaped mutant but also something that can be a bit more animalistic.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)