IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Warhammer Online gets to Beta

Postby IBBoard at 30 Jul 2007, 17:48

In another one of my pillaging sessions of the Warhammer Online concept art section (I'm a hoarder, don't you know ;) ) I noticed that Warhammer Online now has a closed beta (meaning it's final bug-fixing, but that you've got to specifically sign up and be accepted to do it).

I don't have the time to play it, but some other people who don't spend their evenings programming or watching DVDs might :)

WHO Europe sign-up
WHO North America sign-up
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

RE: Warhammer Online gets to Beta

Postby stfas at 30 Jul 2007, 18:39

i would like an warhammer 40000 rpg game! that would own

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 30 Jul 2007, 22:07

Unfortunately I think Relic/THQ have the WH40K licence at the moment, and they tend to be FPS/RTS producers/publishers.

TBH I think a Warhammer RPG would be done better, though, purely because it's easier to do a fantasy RPG and have it conform with people's ideas, where as a 40K RPG would need to take into consideration the fact that it's 38,000 years in the future, and that technology has progressed then been lost, etc.
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 02 Nov 2007, 14:12

I thought I'd already posted about WAR being delayed, but apparently not.

Anyway, IIRC beta testing had been postponed and the game put back. It turns out it has been postponed again and should now be out in April (close to the latest DoW expansion, which is due Spring 2008). Apparently public beta testing will be back again soon, though.