Exordium

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

RE: Exordium

Postby Hulls Raven at 28 Oct 2006, 17:46

Brother Vries looked up from his coms consol “Captain we have just received word that Inquisitor Fitz Lorian is below with a Deathwatch kill team led by Captain Lykran of the Imperial Fists.”

Maximus rose up from his seat centred on the bridge. “Do they need assistance?”

“No they are preparing to leave.”

“Then so are we. Set course for Kytunious 9x3 with immediate effect.”

The Victory’s Hand
Ultramarine Battle Barge

Finished Maximus.
Chaplain Houcka stood behind Maximus watching the planet from the view screen. “What of the fusion trail?” He asked

Maximus turned to face the skull that covered his chaplains face. “It is not our concern. Our orders are to stop those traitors. So we will join up with the Grey Knight fleet at Kytunious 9x3. Besides Brother Rykon has logged the unusual activity for further investigation.”

“Entering warp space now Captain.” Brother Théoden announced.

On the surface of Kylle

Anuska ran faster than her small legs could muster, her breathing was erratic forcing her to pant and tumble every few steps. Syakotus was almost right behind her as the pair ran faster. The chill of the cold began to take its toll on Syakotus now more so than ever, and once again he began to feel the pain from his wounds. Ocasionally he would look back to see the Emperors Children still chasing both his and Anuska.

Anuska slipped on a patch of ice forcing her to tumble forwards and roll into the trees banging her knees hard on the bark of the nearest tree.
Syakotus stopped and hauled her up in one swoop with his bionic hand. “Come on Annie we’re nearly there just a little further.” He said while scooping her in his arms. She rested her rosy red chin on his left shoulder guard and watched the Emperors Children follow them, occasionally a few bolt shells would screech past them forcing Syakotus to duck down.

Suddenly Syakotus stopped dead in his tracks, feeling a presence he’d not felt for a while. Unsure of what it was he began to run again until he’d reached the edge of the forest over looking the long lake. “Annie we’re almost there now.”
The pair of them looked up to see a Gun Cutter hovering in the dull grey sky at the end of the lake.
Both of them took a small moment to gather their breaths, and then Syakotus ran clutching Anuska tightly in his arm.

Both Lykran and Sergeant Merrik looked down at the edge of the woods to witness the sight of the Crimson Fist running across the ice towards them.
“Holy Emperor he’s making a run for it.” Merrik announced full of praise in his tone.
Behind him Peta and Connelly stood to take a look for themselves. “Praise be.” Peta cried.
Lykran watched with honour as he witness the sight of the Crimson Fist running whilst carrying the small child tightly.
It didn’t take long before all their face’s turned into horror.

Syakotus ran fast occasionally he nearly slipped on the glass like ice he looked to see the Gun Cutter position itself at the far end of the lake, and then he heard the echo of gun fire. He felt a sharp pain slam hard into the centre of his back, the shock threw him forwards. Anuska screamed.
Syakotus took a tight hold of the girl moments before he felt another pain thud into his ankle forcing him to stumble forwards. Blood flew out like a small water fountain. Anuska began to cry loudly creating fits of screams. “Hold on Annie I won’t leave you.” He whispered in her ear moments before another three shots thudded into his back forcing him to fall forwards. First his knees hit the ice then his grip loosened releasing Anuska from his hands, then she stumbled forwards sliding across the ice. Syakotus slammed face down into the cold biting ice holding his hand out forwards trying to grab Anuska as he slid towards her.

Anuska tried to stand and approach the fallen Crimson Fist. “Get back Annie run get to that ship.” He called lifting his head up.
But as he did he watched in sheer horror as a bolt shell wisped past him and straight into her chest.
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” He cried.
Blood flew from her chest and sprayed its way across the ice as she fell backwards her crying stopped.
Syakotus pulled himself up and dashed towards her. Slowly he slipped back to his knees clutching her tightly in both his arms. “No, no.” A small tear ran down the side of his cheek as he looked down on her innocent face.
“I I’m cold Syke.” She muttered looking into his face.
Syakotus slowly cradled her in his arms. “Hush now you’ll be fine I’m with you now.”
Suddenly above the gun fire he heard the sound of wolves howling.
Another tear slid down his face as he looked deep into her eyes. “I promise I won’t leave you.”
Suddenly the ice began to crack making its way to the pair and then it shattered. Both Anuska and Syakotus were dragged under into the below freezing temperature of the water below.

Lykran watched in horror as Both the child and Syakotus fell to their deaths in the coldness of the icy water. He then looked up to see the Emperors Children slowly emerge from the tree line. It was also at that moment he saw or rather witness something amazing. The Emperors Children fell to their deaths from bolter fire that came from the woods, almost within seconds they had all been slain. Then he watched as a hooded figure emerged from the tree line. The warrior looked like an Astartes himself with a cloak covering the centre of his body, and a hood covering his face. Yet the ceramite of his legs and arms were coloured black and decorated with flames and human bones pasted to the front of his legs.
One thing Lykran did notice was for a fleeting moment he saw the warriors eyes glow yellow, and then the warrior bowed his head in acknowledgement of the Deathwatch Captain.
Lykran returned the favour watching the warrior watching him clenching some kind of staff in his hand.

The Gun Cutter began to rise up from the lake and into the gentle snow falling sky yet Lykran kept his gaze on the strange hooded figure for as long as he could.
“Who or what was that.” Asked Merrik.
Lykran didn’t answer he just kept his gaze on the now distant woods until he had to close the hatch as the Cutter entered the ordit of Kylle moments before its main thrusters opened up.
Segeant Ivan of the Ultramarines approached both Lykran and the Karskin sergeant Merrik.
"I've seen them before. They come and kill the Imperial enemies then as quickly as they arrived they disapear leaving no trace. And that'll explain the unusual fusion trail." Ivan explained to the Karskin.
"Consider yourself lucky today that you lived to witness them." Ivan finished.

Lykran entered the cockpit of the Gun Cutter. “We need to go to Ryans world before we go anywhere else.”

Lorian looked up. “Why there.”

“Because what I have witness today must be told to Chapter Master Pedro Kantor himself. For the deed of Syakotus has proved his loyalty and has earned him his forgiveness.” Lykran explained with a stern tone to his voice.
“Jefferson set course for Kylle.”

The Gun Cutter began to rise up from the lake and into the gentle snow falling sky yet Lykran kept his gaze on the strange hooded figure for as long as he could.
“Who or what was that.” Asked Merrik.
Lykran didn’t answer he just kept his gaze on the now distant woods until he had to close the hatch as the Cutter entered the ordit of Kylle moments before its main thrusters opened up.

Lykran entered the cockpit of the Gun Cutter. “We need to go to Ryans world before we go anywhere else.”

Lorian looked up. “Why there.”

“Because what I have witness today must be told to Chapter Master Pedro Kantor himself. For the deed of Syakotus has proved his loyalty and has earned him his forgiveness.” Lykran explained with a stern tone to his voice.
“Jefferson set course for Kylle.”

Rex the white Husky slowly walked across the iced lake sniffing each step he took until he reached the centre. There he looked into a clear ice window and looked down to see both Syakotus and Anuska at peace and huddle together.
The distant sound of Howling echoed from the woods behind him. He looked to see five wolves appear from the trees all howling to him. He howled back and took one last look at Syakotus and Anuska through the clear ice window, and then turned towards the wolves and entered the woods with them.

The End
Last edited by Hulls Raven on 28 Oct 2006, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
My Website
http://www.ravenstone.karoo.net
Some good places to add Your Fiction.
http://www.writingforums.org/
http://forum.blpublishing.com/

http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/

Due To Cut Backs The Light At The End Of The Tunnel Will Now Be Switched Off

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Oct 2006, 19:07

That the final chapter then? Going to take me a good long whle to read through that and post it all :D I'll see what I can do time-wise, but now I've got a job I can't promise anything...
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 28 Oct 2006, 19:27

Yep I've finished the saga now.

No worries on time. I'm just happy for people to read it.
And thanks for all your help throughout. :)

Its taken me a lot longer to write because I too am short on time these days. :)

I'm going to start writing a Deathwatch story after Christmas at some point.
So I'll post it on the forums as well for others to read.
Hopefully it'll make one of the 40k short story books next year they've accepted the synopsis so heres to hoping they'll take the story once I've written it. :)

~Raven.
My Website
http://www.ravenstone.karoo.net
Some good places to add Your Fiction.
http://www.writingforums.org/
http://forum.blpublishing.com/

http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/

Due To Cut Backs The Light At The End Of The Tunnel Will Now Be Switched Off

Regal
New blood
New blood
Progress to next rank:

2%

Postby Regal at 31 Jul 2007, 19:40

Excellent story you've written here.

Although Im surprised you've posted this on a flat and dead forum this place is a ghost town mate.

Have you posted your fiction on any other forums.

stfas
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:

85%

Postby stfas at 31 Jul 2007, 20:52

its not a ghost town or dead forum.... me and ibboard is still here, and arent this thread a little to old?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 03 Aug 2007, 18:18

Regal: Yes, it's a bit quiet, but the forums are ancient. Unlike some sites whose sole purpose is to be a forum, these forums are an addition to the main site.

Besides, if people don't say anything other than "this is a ghost town" then there's never going to be enough topic to make it anything else ;)

As for the story, I'd suggest checking out Hulls Raven's sig. His "some good places to post fiction" might give a hint as to where else it could be submitted ;)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Previous