Progress to next rank:

58%

RE: Exordium

Postby Hulls Raven at 13 Sep 2006, 15:15

Chapter Eighteen
“The Beginning Of The Eve Of Destruction”

Orbit Of Kylle
Aboard The Broken Reaver

Syakotus walked slowly down the long dank and dark corridors of the Broken Reaver. Each wall looked as though it was stained with blood and rusted metal, the constant sound of dripping water echoed across the darkness. Yet the metal grid which Syakotus walked down was immaculately clean almost making it a shame to walk down staining the cleanliness with the black blood of the arachnid Vivour still dripping from his ceramite boots.
The corridors were barley lit leaving long shadows to consume him. Slowly he walked his thunder hammer on his back and both his hands firmly clasping the combi he carried.
His bionic eye still fizzed in and out of clarity forcing him to make do with out relying on it.
The further he walked the more he began to remember his past, now he realised that returning to the chapter would be a mistake and that there was a good bet that should the inquisition catch up with him he would meet his fate sooner than he was ready. Yet above all his wondering the only thing that seemed to matter to him was the little girl Anuska and her white husky Rex.

Syakotus reached the end of the long and dank corridor still hiding himself pressed in the shadows with his back against the blood stained rusty walls. He dared himself to peer around the side to catch a glimpse of the Rogue Imperial guardsman approaching his position. For a moment he wondered how he was going to handle them however it would go he would alert the others to his escape if they already didn’t know. So he waited until they were close enough before he jumped out before them. Both guards stopped in shock from the ore of Syakotus, one shot then a second shot echoed down the dank corridors crossroad as the bolt shells slammed into the heads of the two soldiers, both men dropped to the metallic floor, staining the immaculately clean floor with their cursed blood.

Suddenly his sense’s told him firing the combi could have been a mistake by the echo the bolt shells had carried. Now he new his movements in his escape would have to be swift. As he began to step over both of the corpse’s he stumbled to his knees from what felt like a quake shake across the compound he’d been held in. Looking around he began to stand again when he was once more forced to the ground using his hands to keep his balance. That second quake rocked the compound. Realising that he was infact not in a compound but on a vessel proberly the Chaos warship that had shot down his gun cutter from the time he arrived in orbit. At this point Syakotus new his efforts of a swift escape would not be an easy attempt. Knowing he needed to find the cargo bay he began once more down the long and dark corridors.

It wasn’t long before Syakotus reached the T junction leading into the main cargo bay. The only problem was the three Black Legion marines stood by the doorway. He squashed up into the walls side from the sound of approaching footsteps, which sounded like marching guardsmen. He glanced down at his combi then around the corner to see the marines still stood there.
The sound of marching grew closer leaving Syakotus with few options which would end in him having to fight his way into the cargo bay.

The Planet Kylle

The sky began to fill up with black smoke from the barrage of tank fire raising hell from the ground trying to shoot down the descending Imperial drop ships. The ground beneath the tanks shuddered from their recoil as each cannon from the Leman Russ tanks would fire. Yet still the ships descended from the sky returning fire the closer to the ground they would reach.
Colonel Stratham stood at the helm behind the pilots watching the explosions across the sky from the tank fire below. Pressed between his teeth his fat smoking cigar balanced in place.
“How long till we reach the ground.” He asked, in his gruff voice.
“Not too long now sir. Although I sugest you take a seat the closer to the ground we’re getting the closer to that tank fire we’re getting so the ride downs about to get a whole lot more rough.” The pilot explained.
“Has the Inquisitor reached the ground safely.” Statham asked.
“Yeah according to my sensors he touched down about five minutes ago. We should be able to rendezvous with him shortly.”

Inquisitor Lorian stood at the top of a hill watching the Imperial drop ships descend from the sky under the constant barrage of tank fire aiming upwards at them. Slowly they began to reach ground level and land there gigantic landing legs into the snow throwing gushes of it in the air as they did.
At Lorian’s side stood a death cult assassin looking down the hills to see the force’s of chaos as they progressed forwards upon their position. She stood firmly a blade clasped both her hands tightly on the handle; she wore a red body glove pressed tightly over her perfectly maintained sexual figure. At her waist two smaller blades hung down. Her face was covered with a mask tightly shaped over her face and head, leaving only the flesh of her eyes and mouth piece visible.
Jefferson stepped up behind them both clenching a las pistol tightly in one hand while holding an auto pistol in the other hand. “What now Inquisitor.” He asked with his deep voice.
“I need to know where Captain Lykran’s thunderhawk crashed.”
“Shall I return to the cutter and find out.” Jefferson asked.
“If you would.” Lorain replied while fastening up his tall collar to cover his face, leaving only his eyes visible.

Orbit Of Kylle
Aboard The Broken Reaver

Dundras stood watching the monitor of the battle raging outside the Broken reaver. He watched Imperial fighters battle with a ferocity to survive. He had to admit to himself they were a formidable foe, even against the chaos fighters that engaged them.
The com bleeped at his console. “Yes.”

“Dundras is that you.”

“Yes.”

“I wish to speak with Lord Kraken.”

“Lord Koldur he is planet side engaged in conflict with the Imperial forces there.”

“Then I will bolster his forces with my own.”

“That is not necessary my lord he has the matter at hand under his control.”

“What are you hiding Dundras, Is he trying to reach the Space Hulk without me present.”

“No my lord.”

“If I find that you are lying this alliance between us will end.”

“Forgive me my Lord but he needs us up here defending the planet from the Imperial fleet.”

“Very well. For now. Koldur Out.”

Dundras turned his attention back to the monitor, then the comm. Bleep again. “Yes.”

“The Crimson Fist has escaped.”

“WHAT.” Dundras screeched letting the sound echo across the dark bridge of the Broken Reaver.

My Website
http://www.ravenstone.karoo.net
Some good places to add Your Fiction.
http://www.writingforums.org/
http://forum.blpublishing.com/

http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/

Due To Cut Backs The Light At The End Of The Tunnel Will Now Be Switched Off

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 13 Sep 2006, 15:19

Syakotus took a firm hold of his combi as the marching guards rounded the corner to see him.
The guards instantly dropped to one knee and opened fire at the sight of him facing them.
Without hesitation Syakotus returned fire. The corridor lit up in a blaze of las fire and bolter fire. Each bolt shell pinged from the discharge chamber. The guardsmen dropped to the floor from the impact of the bolter shells splitting them open in a shower of blood.
Suddenly the bolter clicked on empty, Syakotus quickly flicked it over to fire the plasma gun. A long streak of plasma fire discharged into three of the guards killing them.
Once the Plasma ran dry Syakotus dropped the combi to his feet and took hold of the thunderhammer with both hands and jumped out in front of the three approaching Black Legionnaires.
He swung the thunderhammer into the first ones face killing him instantly while another grabbed out at the handle and tried to force the weapon from Syakotus’s grip. Yet Syakotus dropped down to one knee and kicked the Black Warrior in the knee cap knocking him off balance. The third warrior pointed his bolt pistol at Syakotus and fired, the shell slammed hard into his shoulder guard cutting its way through his ceramite armour and into his flesh. The Crimson Fist gritted his teeth from the pain forced the thunderhammer from the others grip and swung it into the thirds chest crushing his ceramite and shattering his ribcage.
The guardsmen clumsily dived into sight blindly firing their las guns, and hit both the remaining Black Legion Marines.
Taking a grenade from one of the dead marine’s waists he threw it towards the guardsmen and dropped into a ball covering himself from the explosion which threw him forwards into the open doorway of the cargo bay. Small pieces of the corridor remained on fire but the guardsmen all dead.
Slowly he picked himself up spitting blood from his mouth onto the floor he reached down and took hold of both bolt pistols from the dead Legionnaires.

Syakotus entered the cargo bay holding both his arms forwards clenching the bolt pistols.
The crew watched the crimson fist enter and began to approach him. Syakotus opened fire with both guns simultaneously making every shot fired count.
The cargo crew began to take up positions behind near by barrels and crates firing back. Syakotus rolled on the floor firing off both bolt pistols, he rolled by some crates against one of the tall walls. The shots bounced of the barrels with echoes that carried. The whole cargo bay lit up in a charade of gun fire, echo shot carried its way across the whole volume of the bay.
Pulling himself up on one knee Syakotus re-loaded the bolt pistols and surveyed the area looking for a ship to board. The closest was a chaos star fighter, with its cockpit open. Now all he had to do was get to it without been killed.

The Planet Kylle

Lord Kraken Ectar and Arumik looked on in owe at the size of the gigantic war machine of a space hulk as it rested on the ocean bed. “Look at the size of it.” Arumik muttered whilst leaning forwards over the thunderhawks cockpit.
Kraken pointed to what appeared to be the bridge. “There take us in close we will enter it there.
The five chaos warriors in the thunderhawks cockpit looked on at the fallen space hulk they approached.
It must have come from the dark age of technology. I’ve not seen anything in that magnitude before.” Ectar said breaking the silence.
“It predates the Heresy. By a good five thousand years.” Kraken explained with excitement.
“With that in our grasp we will be unstoppable my lord.” Arumik rejoiced.
“Theres nothing in the known universe that can stop us now. All we have to do is raise it into the stars.” Kraken said unable to contain the glee of joy in his own words.
“My lord what of Lord Koldur.” Arumik asked.
“What of him. He is only here to keep the Imperium from stopping us. Once we have it powered up he will receive the same fate as any of those who choose to oppose me.” Kraken laughed.

The chaos thunderhawk landed on the space hulk and began cutting into the gigantic vessel, making an entrance for the Black Legion marines.
“Once we board it all we have to do is power it up. So have Gokon use his tech skills in the engine section of the ship.” Kraken explained, waiting in anticipation for the cutters to open it up.
It wasn’t long before a small entrance was made letting the crew of the thunderhawk enter the space hulk led in by Lord Kraken.

Orbit Of Kylle
Aboard The Broken Reaver

Syakotus decided to make a run for the chaos star fighter, taking a leap of faith he ran as fast as he could jumping over any obstacles in his path and using his shoulder guard as a ramming tool he dived through a glass window separating the chaos fighters from the entrance of the cargo bay. The glass shattered across the floor like running water from a fountain. Syakotus landed with both feet square on the metallic floor spun back around still clenching both bolt pistols in each hand he took another few shots at the chaos crew who approached. Each shot he’d fired killed its victims. Syakotus turned back to the star fighter only to be greated by Dundras holding out his bolter pointed at his chest.
Syakotus was thrown backwards from the bolter fire as each shell slammed into the ceramite armour of his chest opening up his flesh in a shower of blood forcing it to spill across the floor.
Syakotus cracked his head hard against the floor releasing his grip of both bolt pistols.
“I think not Crimson Fist.” Dundras spat.
Syakotus laid in pain across the floor watching Dundras approach him. “Any last words.” Dundras taunted pointing his bolter at the fallen Crimson Fist. Syakotus merely rolled his head to the side resting his left cheek on the cold metallic floor, he could feel both his hearts race while the endorphins began to kick in blocking out the pain. It was then he noticed his thunderhammer laid within arms reach.
Dundras re-cocked the bolter and aimed it down at the Crimson Fist’s head and just as he eased his finger across the chamber to release the shells he felt a sudden sharp pain caress across his head he stumbled back and fired the bolter. The shells slammed hard into the metallic floor creating a shower of sparks all of which missed Syakotus who was now pulling himself up with his thunderhammer clasped tightly in his hand. Again he swung the weapon this time lamping it into Dundras side knocking him from his feet.
Once back on his feet Syakotus spat a mouthful of blood across the floor, using his thunder hammer to keep his balance he looked down at his chest, he looked at the three bullet holes made in his armour as each whole was covered over by his blood which by now had clotted to prevent further gushing. He then looked up at the fighter he’d stood by and witnessed an empty black thunder hawk not to far from the fighter.
Slowly he staggered his way past the fighter and approached the parked thunderhawk with its ramp open waiting to be boarded. The closer he approached the more he found himself staggering he looked up past the head of the hawk to see the vastness of space looking in on the landing bay, and for a small moment he stopped to see a battle rage on outside the Broken Reaver, the thought brought a slight smile on his face having the knowledge that the Imperium was closer than he first thought. Just as he was about to start up the ramp of the thunderhawk he felt something sharp enter his back and rip its way into his stomach. Suddenly he felt a wet sensation forcing him to look down to his stomach he saw the tip of a blade had split out from his ceramite armour.
“You bastard.” He said turning to face the pale face of Dundras holding the power sword he’d stabbed Syakotus with.
Dundras retrieved the sword letting the Crimson Fists blood drip from the blade down to the floor. Raising his arms and holding his power sword up high Dundras prepared to make his final kill move thinking to himself he’d won this fight.
Using every ounce of strength he had Syakotus rammed the head of the thunderhammer into Dundras’s chest forcing him to stumble backwards closer to the stars outside. And again he shoved the thunder hammers head into Dundras knocking him from his feet and across the floor with such speed that he fell through the weak shield separating the vastness of the stars from them, and thus Dundras was thrust into the darkness leaving only his screams to die out.

Slowly Syakotus turned to the thunderhawk with only one thought on his mind he had to get back to Anuska to fulfil his promise to her.

The Planet Kylle

Anuska watched while the renegade colonel argued with the black legion Astartes.
“I said kill this vermin.” Spat the Astartes.
“I shall not your Lord Kraken left me in command whether you like that or not. And one thing I’m not is a child killer she can stay in the carrier for now until I think of other plans for her.”
“You are lucky you have favour with my Lord Kraken for if you didn’t I would slay you as you stand.” Growled the Astartes, and then stormed off.
“You shouldn’t wind them up.” Sergeant Cavon said from behind.
Colonel Farror walked up to Anuska and crouched down on one knee. “What a strange place you’ve gotten yourself into now.”
Anuska looked away with tears running down both of her cheeks she crouched up into a ball inside the armoured carrier. Her thoughts with the Husky she’d brought and the Heroic Syakotus, he’d promised he wouldn’t leave her and he had, though he was dead in the process of trying to protect her she still wept for his loss.

Orbit Of Kylle
Aboard The Broken Reaver

Syakotus leant back in the thunderhawks seat waiting for the landing ramp to seal, he thought constantly about Anuska and prayed to the Emperor that she be safe. The Ramp sealed and he leant forwards to work the console while he did he felt the pain from his stab wound. He knew it was fatal enough the blade had cut through his stomach and pierced his intestines. Though the blood had clotted around the wound and inside his body he still felt the clotted blood had clogged up some arteries. He even felt a slight pain from the gun shot wounds he’d received. The aft engines ignited and the black legion thunderhawk began to rise up and leave the cargo bay of the Broken Reaver and away. He tilted his head to see the gigantic war ships fight it out with each other gigantic explosions would rock each vessel as it would fire upon another. Then he remembered the Space Hulk the Spectre Knights raced to. The thunderhawk tilted and left the Broken Reaver to enter the atmosphere of Kylle.

Aboard the Burning Star

“Admiral another of those chaos thunderhawks has just disembarked from the Broken Reaver.” Lieutenant Commander Beck announced looking up at the stratagem balcony Admiral Sebastian Ormarr stood from.

“Forget about it there’s too much up here for is to deal with.”

“Yes Admiral.”

“What’s our internal situation now Beck.” Ormarr asked looking across the bridge.

“All our invaders have been taken care of, that explosion from the armoury took out the chaos Astartes.”

“OK Open the blast doors and have our security detail bolstered up.”

The blast doors to the Burning Stars bridge opened up to reveal the commander Horgar of the Emperors Children standing there his face covered in blood with one hand firmly clasp around a chain axe and the other carrying a large knife dripping blood to the floor.

“Close the damn blast doors.” Ormarr bellowed at the sight of Horgar.

Commander Horgar smashed his way onto the bridge knocking two of the Naval security guards down with his chain axe revving and throwing bits of blood across the consoles. The bridge crew stood in shock at the size of the pale faced brute.

Ormarr felt his stomach churn and gripe at the sight of Horgar.

Beck dropped to the floor on his belly rolled between the consoles and unholstered his las pistol.

Horgar jumped up onto the consoles swinging his chain axe from left to right slicing the closest crew to pieces.

The two guards who stood with Ormarr cocked both their combat shotguns and fired them at Horgar.
The chaos commander looked up at the balcony in anger, then leaped from where he stood dropping the knife to use his free hand to grab the banister, then he hauled himself up jumped down and swung his chain axe through both men cutting their heads from their shoulders. Blood spilled and gushed as both headless bodies dropped to the floor still twitching. Ormarr dropped onto his back and began edging away from the evil look of the Emperors children Astartes commander.
Horgar smiled down at the shaking Ormarr. Ormarr closed his eyes then felt the blood splash across his chest and drip down to the floor.
Finally he managed to open his eyes again and see the chaos warrior laid across the heliolithic table, with black blood seeping out of a hole in his pale skinned forehead. Stood behind him was Lieutenant Commander Beck holding his still smoking las pistol.

Beck bent down to help Admiral Ormarr to his feet once more. “That was close.” He said smiling at the commander.
A bright light lit up the bridge forcing the crew to shield their eyes momentarily, then the watched as eight Imperial emperor class vessels appeared and began to open fire on Lord Koldurs emperors children was ships.

“This is Lord Commander Clemens of the Imperial fleet. Admiral Sebastian Ormarr you are relieved of fleet command, I have assumed command now. And Ormarr you’ve done the Imperium proud.”

Sebastian Ormarr flipped the com channel open. “Thank you for your praise my lord. And may I say about bloody time.”

The Planet Kylle

Inquisitor Lorian walked over to join Colonel Statham’s guardsmen and stood by the gigantic bane blade that had just rolled out from the drop ship. Statham stepped up besides Lorian.
Both men stood side by side momentarily watching the grey sky turn into the evening sky.
“I’ve just received word reinforcements have arrived.” Statham finally said breaking the silence.
“Small miracles do happen then. We need everything we can get now.”
“Speaking of everything what happened to your Deathwatch Astartes.”

The front of the deathwatch thunderhawk remained completely buried face down in the snow. Large chunks from the hull had scattered across the neatly layered snow. Most of the thunderhawk was still smouldering with small flames and sparks, and a large trail of black smoke drifted away from the aft engines. Covering the surrounding snow in a black sut.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 13 Sep 2006, 15:22

Chapter Nineteen
“Waltz”

Orbit Of Kylle

Lord Koldur of the Emperors Children paced up and down the bridge of his war ship, both his fists clenched. He watched from the view screen overlooking the dark metallic bridge, the eight new arrivals to bolster the Imperial fleet. He also pondered on the goings on down below on the surface of Kylle. He didn’t trust the Black Legion Lord Kraken one bit. But Abaddon had assured him that the Black legion would keep their word of an alliance against his foes within the eye of terror its self. But now he was unsure he knew Dundras had been lying to him.

“My lord what shall we do about the new arrivals.” Asked one of his champions who stood motionless behind his pacing.

“I think its time we go and see what Kraken is up to down there.” He replied.

Koldur stopped at the site of the last Imperial war ship to appear, his pale white skin lit up revealing his stitched up scares and his long needle teeth, while the yellow glow in his eyes dimmed. The vessel was much bigger than the others and armed twice as deadly. Across its side it bore the symbol of Ancient Terra, and the aquella of the false Emperor of man kind.
“I’ll be damned.” He muttered.
“Move us away from the Imperial fleet and into the atmosphere of Kylle. Signal commander Dirk to engage that last Imperial vessel.” He spat in anger.

Aboard The Emperors Hand

Lord Commander Clemmens sat in his golden seat face the gigantic window that covered the whole of the bridges front. His seat was alone on a large black marble cat walk. At his left side stood bolt upright with a long sniper rifle strapped to his back stood a Vindicar assassin. And stood to his right was a cloaked figure tall in high and slender in build. A hood hung over his long narrow pale face strapped to his waist on either side where to alien looking side arms.
Lord Commander Clemmens watched the chaos war ships as they began to move away from the Imperial naval fleet towards the larger despoiler class vessel drifting just above the atmosphere of Kylle.
Another figure entered the catwalk and headed towards the Lord Commander. “My lord, we have just picked up some strange anomalies from behind Kylle’s moon. Should I order one of the other fleet ships to investigate?” Commander Roach asked, bowing his head in the presence of the golden armoured Lord Commander.
Clemmens stood from his golden seat letting his long red cape hang down from his back and trail across the floor. “No send two of the star fighters have the White Leader and one of her white squadron fighters to join her they will be much faster with their findings than a fleet ship.” He replied, in his almost whisper of a voice.

White leader had just received her orders to venture towards Kylle’s equally cold rock of a moon. Behind her now battered star fighter White Two followed.
Hitting her hand across the boosters controls her aft engines roared out and her star fighter was flung forwards at a much faster speed. White Leader Hoshi looked down at her sensors as she started to notice five large objects beginning to approach her co-ordinates.
“White Two are you reading what I’m reading.” She asked.

“Not sure.”

Both fighters raced across towards the moon. “Holy Emperor.” Hoshi bellowed as she looked out of her cockpit to see five large Black Legion warships with their weapons locked on both her and white two.
“This is White Leader to Flag ship Emperors hand. We have an affirmative on chaos reinforcements. I say aga…..”
The last thing Hoshi saw was the flames engulf her cockpit.
Both star fighter’s combust into two small explosions leaving only bolts and metal debris.

The Planet Kylle

Sparks sizzled across the roof of the fallen deathwatch thunderhawk, Grailin looked up to watch the steam gush away from the broken pipes. He laid flat on his back battered and bruised. He felt the pain across his now melted half of his face as he turned his head, to see the Karskin guards helping one another to their feet; he admired their courage and enthusiasm.
And slowly he pulled himself up feeling the effects of his headache even worse for it.

“Captain we’ve arrived.” Affern said pulling Captain Lykran to his feet.
Lykran looked around the smoke filled thunderhawk to see his fellow marines regaining their senses and the guardsmen as they began knocking the buts of their hell guns on the sealed rear ramp in an attempt top open it. “Brother Byrne is he.”
“I don’t know.” Affern answered.

“I’ll check the cockpit.” Grailin said, while standing up and taking a firm hold of his psychic staff.

Grailin pushed his way past some of the fallen debris blocking his way into the doorway. Brother Byrne are you ok.” He said stepping over the charred parts. Byrne’s head was embedded into the flight panel and unconscious. Grailin stepped up next to Byrne and removed his black Helm revealing his blood soaked face abd brusied eyes. Carefully Grailin placed two of his fingers across Byrne’s neck.
“He’s alive.”
Lykran stepped up behind him looking about the smashed cockpit snow covered the floor and had buried Byrne’s legs up to his waist, shattered glass laid across the snow shining like crystals.
Both Grailin and Affern pulled the unconscious Byrne from his seat and out of the cockpit and into the main area.
Sergeant Merrik and troopers Peta, Connelly and Branigan stood by the rear ramp hellguns at the ready waiting for Sergeant Ivan of the Ultramarines to open the ramp. A volley of gun fire echoed throughout the thunderhawk from the forces outside approaching. “Looks like we’ve crashed in the middle of the battle zone aye Serg.” Connelly laughed.

“Look sharp be ready the ramp is clear to open.” Ivan announced.

Captain Smitts and the full seven Karskins readied themselves for the oncoming fire fight they were about to engage.
The pistons screeched as the ramp slowly opened, large sparks flew out from the grinding of the burnt metal.

Ivan took a firm hold of his bolter ready to follow the Karskins out, then stopped at the sight of Brother Librarian Fontain of the Blood Drinkers. Ivan wondered what ritual made his brother deathwatch colour his face in black and then paint a red X covering his face from his forehead down. He’d also replaced his blood drop dripping into a grail chapter symbol with a single blood drop with and X over it. Both his legs also had this red X painted across them.
Ivan watched as the Blood Drinker holstered two bolt pistols at his waist then took up two chain swords and jump past the Karskins pushing them aside and knocking them from their feet as he did and leap from the ramp and start charging towards their attackers.

Lykran glanced across at Ivan then at the Karskins who followed Fontain out in a charge.
“What’s he doing.” Asked Lykran.

“In the name of the Emperor I have no idea Captain.”

Captain Smitts and the Cadian Karskins stopped in the snow to watch the deathwatch librarian charge into the chaos guardsmen like a wild animal possessed of something beyond the imagining.

Fontain wielded both chains swords with such skill he didn’t even give his attackers a chance, lunging one sword forwards while spinning the other sword up and down at those who dared to take him on. Blood sprayed across his armour and across the snow creating a carpet of red.

Captain Lykran emerged followed by Grailin and Affern who each carried Byrne of the Mortifactors. Kajun and Ivan followed them from the ramp into the snow all had the eyes on the bezerk librarian who slaughtered the chaos guardsmen.
“I’m not sure I like what I’m seeing with him.” Lykran muttered.
“We need to leave now and head towards the frozen ocean and stop the traitors from retrieving the space hulk.” Lykran continued.

Orbit Of Kylle

Syakotus groaned from the pain of his wounds, he began to feel the fullness of the stab wound from that chaos champion Dundras's power sword. Yet still he stayed on course and entered the planet Kylles atmosphere flying the thunderhawk he’d stolen from the Black Legion carefully into the violent winds of the atmosphere. He kept his course steady and began to fly towards his crashed Gun Cutter he’d arrived in. It had provisions that would help his wounds though they would not heal quickly if at all. But he would be no use to little Anuska if he were to worsen. He new the Imperial forces would take her back with them and that was all that mattered to him at the moment getting to her and getting her to safety after all a small girl needed not to become victim of the horrors that surround this planet.
As the wind rocked the descending thunderhawk he felt the pain flush through his body. Suddenly he began to feel tired a feeling he began to hate. Still he maintained course.
Snow began to block up the windscreen as the hawk started to speed up. Still he felt tired his eye felt heavy as did his head, it was a strange feeling but he felt so tired that he had to battle with his inner strength to remain awake. Looking down at the control panel he used to steer the thunderhawk he saw a mass of his own blood had pumped out across his midnight blue armour and down his seated legs, even his bionic arm was coated from his blood. Luckily for him it had clotted but nonetheless he had lost a great deal.

After fifteen minutes of battling with the weather Syakotus had finally made it towards his gun cutters crash site. Slowly he steered the thunderhawk to land by the almost invisible cutter. Slowly the large thunderhawk touched down resting its golden coloured landing legs in the thick layers of snow that covered the ground.
He painfully rose up from his seat his wounds pounded pain through his mortal body, each step he took in leaving the hawk was more agonizing than the previous. He opened up the side hatch of the black thunderhawk and fell out face down in the snow unconscious.

Lykran led the Karskins and deathwatch marines through the woods and towards the gigantic frozen ocean. Behind him Grailin followed closely. “You do realise that your Captain Syakotus attacked and killed a Grey Knight Captain don’t you. And you do realise that changes everything. Are you sure you know what your doing Grailin.” Lykran whispered to the Crimson Fist Librarian. Grailin moved his hand slowly down the melted half of his face feeling every mutilated piece of flesh as he did. “Captain I know Syakotus and I know his Exile is my mistake and at my hands. I owe him and I will repay my debt to him.”
Lykran looked into the Librarians eyes for a moment. “Maybe so but will that debt turn you against the Imperium and the Emperor and stain the name Rogal Dorn.”
Grailin looked back into Lykran’s blue eyes. “Syakotus is no more a traitor than you or the Inquisition.”

“Down.” Bellowed Affern who was up front on point.
Suddenly and without warning a large volley of bolter shells sprayed the area thudding into the trees knocking pieces of bark in the air creating soar dust. Pieces of snow flung upwards from the bolter shells impacting in it. The deathwatch marines and five of the seven Karskins dropped to their bellies. Yet two of the Cadian armoured Karskins dropped to their deaths in a shower of blood and guts as the bolter fire thudded into them. Both were killed instantly.

Grailin jumped up creating an aura surrounding his body then holding out his hand he let loose a string of lighting from his out stretched crimson fingers. Behind him Fontain did the same.
The other deathwatch moved into position to see their Black Legion attackers. It wasn’t long before the woods became a battle ground with roaring bolters blazing trees and thunderous lightening streaks.
Captain Smitts crawled on his belly towards the crouched Captain Lykran who was taking a careful aim with his plasma pistol through the fire fight.
Smitts crouched up beside him hiding behind a fallen tree log. “What Now.” He asked.
Lykran looked down at the Cadian Captain. “We waltz.”
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 19 Sep 2006, 21:27

Chapter Twenty
“Rise”

The wind blew through the trees bending them over like small twigs; large gushes of smoke followed the howling winds. Syakotus stood at the cliffs edge watching the flames as they reached high up into the blue sky turning it grey from the thick and dirty black smoke. One final explosion forced the remaining foundations of the fortress monastery to combust into balls of rubble sliding down the mountain it once stood firmly on. A single thunderhawk tried hard to escape the large deafening explosion but to no luck as the flames soon caught up to its aft engines igniting it and sending it rocketing through the sky only to crash somewhere out of site yet its exploding sound carried its way with the winds.
The young Syakotus looked down at the ground beneath his feet preying to the Emperor that this would not be his last day.
The skies filled up with the screeching sounds of badly constructed fighters trailing large thick chunky black smoke trails in their wake. Syakotus looked up though he knew next to nothing of Xenos he new of them, they were green skins and like a plague they would spread through this planet destroying anything and everything they touch.

“Boy get out of sight if they see you they will kill you.” Said a voice from the trees behind where he stood at the cliffs edge. He turned to see one of the dark blue armoured giants holding out his crimson coloured hand towards him.
“C’mon child, you’ve nothing to fear from me.”
Syakotus tilted his head in admiration of this warrior and how big he was.
Syakotus smiled at the warrior who began to approach him still holding his hand out. “I can see you have no fear in your eyes boy. Let me take you out of this place to somewhere safer. Come tell me your name.”
Syakotus approached the blue coloured warrior still smiling. “My name is Syakotus.”
The armoured warrior smiled back. “My name is Korde.”

With the cold biting at his face Syakotus soon opened his eyes and began to pull himself up. He still felt the intenseness of pain within his wounds, yet still he remained defiant and stood up plus the chill from the cold was helping him ignore most of his pain. He entered the gun cutter he’d arrived in, slowly he made his way into the rear of the vessel. A smile graced its way across his snow covered face with strands from his long black hair covering his face. He was smiling because his power sword still hung above the bed he slept on while in deep space. He to a firm hold of the sword with both hands admiring it for a moment. He remembered why the sword meant so much to him, it was because it was given to him by Captain Rourne of the fifth company of Crimson Fists before he was slain by the Orks they had been battling with.
As he thought of Captain Rourne a sadness filled up inside of him, having all those good memories and having served with his Brother Astartes for all those years, then having command of them and becoming one of the best Captains the chapter had ever seen, filled his heart with a deep sadness knowing that he will never return home to Ryan’s World and to his beloved chapter the Crimson Fists. He opened his medicare cabinet and injected himself with enough drugs to keep going for a week while he patched up his severe wounds, as he did he gritted his teeth and filled his head with the memories from a time when he was a warrior at his peak. And for a while he sat alone listening to the falling snow thinking to himself how peaceful the gentleness of the snow falling sounded. After an hour he decided he’d wasted more than enough time and left the gun cutter returning to the stolen black legion thunderhawk, he would find Anuska if it killed him. With that thought firmly fixed in his mind the aft engines of the black thunderhawk roared out flames lifting the vessel upwards.

Lord Kraken Slowly walked down the dark corridors of the space hulk, behind him followed his black legion marines Arumik and Ectar walked with him at his side, his black cape trailed across the floor. Ectar held out his bio reader. “Looks like we’re almost at the bridge.” No sooner had Ectar finished his words when the three of them came to a halt looking on at two toweringly large golden doors a symbol of a sword and shield covered the main part of both doors with the words EXORDIUM written across the centre. Kraken pushed both doors open and stepped through onto the extremely large command bridge. Everything had been kept in immaculate condition and well preserved. Arumik stepped past the chaos lord and approached one of the consoles. In the centre of the large bridge sat a golden chair with thick arm rests and a small keyboard at the left arm rest. Kraken smiled with delight. “Jorvik get to the eingine section of this vessel Arumik figure out how to power up the controls. I want this vessel of mine space born as soon as possible. Is that understood.”
Arumik bowed and turned to the console he stood at, he flipped at the switches trying activate the bridge.
Jovik a tech turned from the bridge and left followed by several marines, while Kraken stepped up to the command chair to admire its beauty, then slowly sat in the chair resting his arms out on the rests. He looked down on the keyboard and flipped a switch, as he did a hologram of an ancient warrior stood in front of the bridge. Kraken looked up and down at the hologram before him from what he could see the warrior was a general of some kind dressed in a suit similar to the early renditions of the found Astartes. Yet the armour was also very different in design more skin tight than bulky and much more smoother than the average Astartes warrior. Kraken sat back as the warrior began to speak.

“If you have activated me then I can imagine you have boarded the Exordium the last Terran galactic battle cruiser. We had no choice but to find a safe place to hide the vessel since the discovery of a new breed of foe to the Human race. Whatever they are they are longer part of the sane universe they are the cause of plundering our race into darkness and proberly decay to come. They come from a place we have named the eye of terror and possess great power and have corrupted much of our race into turmoil. It was the order of our highest generals that we attempt to quash this evil thus we launched every galactic cruiser we had in a last attempt to destroy them. We failed. Exordium was the last of the galactic battle cruisers so it was decided to hide this powerful weapon from them preventing the vile and corrupted from laying their evil hands on it. One could only imagine the damage they would do. The co-ordinates for the eye of terror are in the Exordiums data base as well as our home world Earth.”

“Im bored switch it off.” Kraken laughed.
“I believe you have control of the ship my lord from that chair.” Arumik explained while bowing his head.

Colonel Farror watched his rogue guardsmen charge towards the advancing Imperial Guard. He watched as leman Russ clashed with Leman Russ and Chimera on Chimera. The sight began a bloody battle field within minutes hundreds fell. The Black Legion Astartes launched wave upon wave of attacking warriors showing no mercy in the wake.
Behind him stood Sergeant Tunsal holding Anuska by her arm at his side. “What am I to do with this child Sir.” He asked.
Farror looked at Anuska. “I’m not sure yet maybe Kraken will have a use for her.”
Anuska cried letting her tears roll down her now sut coloured cheeks she was beginning to feel the harsh cold that Kylle had to offer. She also felt more lonely now than ever, because Rex her husky was still missing. Tunsal released his grip of her arm letting her roll face down into the snow.
The squashed up into the side of the Leman Russ battle tank behind her, as she did so she heard the faint sound of howling over the deafening sound of cannon fire thudding across the ground through up large balls of snow and ice. The howling began again and as it did it brought a small smile to her face.

Inquisitor Lorian watched as his death cult assassin leaped to his defence and begin slaughtering the attacking chaos guardsmen who’d ambushed them. She moved like something faster than she should be. Both her arms moved with such precision her hands holding the blades tightly yet flexible enough to make swift and precise killing blows.
Lorian himself unholstered his two golden las pistols and took careful aim of those that advanced on his position. Lorian moved with precision himself timing each shot he made . His long coat flapped about behind him with each movement under the strong winds. “We need to fall back to Statham’s position its no good there are just too many.” He bellowed above the fighting.

Large plasma beams followed by an indescribable noise of an explosion. Snow blew across in all directions throwing fifteen of the traitor guardsmen through the air to their deaths.

Lorian Jefferson and the death cult assassin moved swiftly aside to let the gigantic Baneblade roll past firing its weapons continuously towards the advancing forces of chaos.

Captain Lykran slowly crept his way through the trees hiding between the fallen logs and crouched, he held his plasma pistol out ready to make his kill. He slowly made his way towards the snipers that had pinned his squad down, when he felt his foot step on something that snapped. “Holy Emperor.”
The two trees he stood between came crashing down with a deafening explosion that throw him from his feet and onto his back.

The Snipers turned to advance upon his position holding the long sniper rifles forwards and ready to fire. Behind them three more Black Legion chaos marines followed aiming the bolters at the pinned guardsmen.

Lykran looked up to hear the sound of bolter fire the shells pinged and thudded into the trees, then died out to be replaced by screams of sheer terror. Lykran sat up though he felt a little bruised he was more bothered about the terrifying screams of his men. As he rose back to his feet he soon realised those screams came from the chaos soldiers as he witness the sheer horror of Fontain the Librarian Blood Drinker rip them apart practically with his bare hands in a rage and uncontrollable rage.

Ivan jumped out from behind the trees to Lykran’s side. “Captain are you ok.”
Lykran didn’t respond but instead watched in horror as his Deathwatch brother tore apart the remaining chaos warriors.

Fontain used all his strength to pick up the reneged Sniper and hold him above his head with both hands. “AAAAAAARRRRGGGH.” He bellowed moments before ripping the petrified guardsman into two. A show of blood and intestines poured down on his head and shoulder guards. Fontain used his tongue to lick the dripping blood from his lips and chin, then hurled the two pieces of the now dead sniper across the trees.

“Ok Brothers lets move out.” Lykran bellowed.
“Affern how far now before we reach the ocean.” Lykran asked.

Affern pulled out his scanner and wiped the ice that covered its face away. “Just past those hills clearing away from the woods.” He answered.
“Your on point Brother.” Ivan butted in.
“I serg.” Affern replied.
Grailin and Kajun help the limping Byrne through the remainder of the woods followed by the remaining five Karskins. Behind them both Fontain and Ivan followed.
“I’m not sure what it is that we’re witnessing with you Fontain.”
“I told you I will die here and my time is near.” Fontain said with the taint of anger in his tone, as he cut Ivan off.

Below the Ocean
Aboard The Space Hulk Exordium

Kraken sat calmly in the golden command chair centred on the bridge, by now he’d managed to activate most of the bridge sensors and life support. Stood at his side Arumik oversaw the rest of the Black Legion marines.
Ectar sat at the helm flicking the switches, he managed to flick one that opened the gigantic shutters that covered the main Bridge window. As he did the com bleeped.
Kraken flipped his finger on the keyboard placed on his chairs arm rest.
“Yes.” He asked.

“My lord once I have charged up the power sells to the main engine core we will have enough power to lift off.”

“Excellent all is going well. Jovik tell me how long will that take.” He asked.

“About three hours my lord.”
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 19 Sep 2006, 21:30

Orbit of Kylle

Lord Koldur watched as the despoiler class Black Legion vessel grew closer. He looked down to his to his console. Then turned back to the terminators stood behind him, and smiled. Koldur turned back to the main window. “Rikvik prepare the teleporter.”
Rikvik looked up from his console, he was almost all machine with the exception ogf his face. Proberly a chaos mechanicus who’d pledged allegiance to the Emperors children.
“As you command my lord. Do you have an idea where you will be teleporting to. The Broken Reaver or Kylle.”
Koldur smiled once more revealing his needle like teeth. “Kylle.”

Aboard The Emperors Hand

Lord Commander Clemmons watched the Emperors children warships join up with the Despoiler class warship. Have the fleet concentrate all forward guns on that lead ship. I know that’s the vessel housing the traitor Koldur and I want him dead.”

“As you command.” Replied Commander Roach.

Clemmons rose up from his seat letting his long red cape trail across the marble floor.
The Vindicar assassin approached him. “Loki go to the surface I suspect that bastard will be teleporting there if he already hasn’t and kill him.”
Loki bowed his head in acknowledgment and began to leave the bridge.
He turned to the cloaked figure, a hood hung over his long narrow pale face strapped to his waist on either side where to alien looking side arms. “Can you tell me if you know whether your people will show up.”
The figure looked into Lord Commander Clemmons’s eyes, slightly revealing his long pale face as he did.
“I doubt they even know of its existence.” He replied in a soft and almost silent voice.
“Good. Go with Loki to the surface you know what needs to be done.”
The man bowed and turned following the Vindicar assassin off the bridge.
Clemmons sat back in his seat.

The Imperial fleet began a full on assault on lord koldur’s warship ripping it apart from the large cannon fire, other smaller vessels chaos and imperial got caught up in the fire barrage becoming small puffs of fire as they did. By now the remaining Emperors children’s warships were badly damaged as was the black legions despoiler class vessel. It didn’t take long before the lead Emperors children warship combust into large chunks of burning mettle and bulk heads across the stars. Followed by an almighty explosion that ripped into the other three Emperors Children’s warships tearing them apart and damaging them badly.

Flight commander Heather signal the rest of her fighter squadrons to pull back under the protection of the larger vessels. As she watched the chaos fleet fall apart and practically blow apart a sigh of relieve fell over her. But that relieve soon died away at the sight of the approaching Black Legion warships.
“All squads engage those bastards at all costs.” She bellowed over her come.

It was at that moment that she thought she wouldn’t live much longer when the darkness lit up covering everything in white. She shielded her eyes with her arm waiting for the light to vanish and once it did she looked up from her cockpit to see a vessel so big had appeared and by its markings it wasn’t an Imperial naval ship but something just as powerful if not more so. It was that moment she and all the star fighters realised that the newly appeared vessel was indeed another of the Black Legions.

“Holy Emperor grant me mercy upon my soul.” Heather chattered through the com link.

Aboard The Emperors Hand

Commander Roach approached Clemmons. “My lord the Adaptus Astartes have been delayed, and my lord we’ve picked up a teleporter signal that came from Koldurs fleet vessel moments before our armada destroyed it.”
“You have something else to add don’t you.” Clemmens enquired.
“Yes my lord another of the Black Legions warships has arrived.”
Clemmens rose up from his seat he turned to take a glimpse out of his large window at the fleet it was then his eyes became mesmerized in watching the Black Legion battle barge Redemption as it moved past the Imperial navy warships. From his bridge window, he stood watching as the new arrival started to attack the Emperor’s Children warships and ignore the Imperial Navy. Both Clemmens and Roach watched as the chaos forces tore into each other with disastrous effect.
“Praise be to the Emperor I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes.” Roach mutterd.

The Planet Kylle

Both Lykran and Grailin crept up to the edge of the cliff that overlooked the chaos forces defending the ocean. Lykran placed his Magnoculars to his eyes to take a more in deph look. He scanned across the frozen ocean to where the hole had been made. “We need to steal one of their thunderhawks and drop down that hole.”

“I think it’s a safe bet to say that the Black Legion already have the space hulk.” Grailin said.

Both men looked at the gigantic hole the Black Legion had melted in the ice to drop through.
Affern crept up behind the both. “Captain I’ve got some more bad news. There are multiple life signs approaching our direction from behind.”

“How many do you count.” Lykran asked.

“Two hundred and more.”

“Choices, choices. Do we attack the forces guarding that ocean or do we attack the hundreds coming up our rears.” Grailin said sarcastically.

Lykran looked down the cliffs at the Black Legionnaires and Rogue Guardsmen all of which were well armed and well protected by their armoured division.
“My orders were to retrieve the space hulk and there for we attack the forces below.” Lykran looked back at his squad and the Karskins all crouched down in the tree line.
“Smitts follow us down we going to get that space hulk.” Lykran announced.

Aboard the Space Hulk
Exordium

Jovik slammed his fists on the engine shutters locking the main fusion power cells in place. “My lord we have power. Give the order and we can move out.” He announced tapping the com.

Kraken rose from his seat stood at his side Arumik held his staff with his head held high Kraken tapped the chair his face gleaming with joy. “Rise.” He ordered with a stern voice.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 26 Sep 2006, 15:34

Chapter Twenty One
"The Final Hour"

The Planet Kylle

Tank fired upon tank guardsman attacked guardsman across the snow covered fields and woods of Kylle.
Colonel Statham watched from deep within the Baneblade, inside his small command office. He watched as his men were tossed in the air from exploding missiles. The the progress his guardsmen had made was slow they had still managed to push their way to the Frozen ocean, were the black legion had built up a defensive parameter. And yet through all his progress he realised that this battle facing him, across the ocean was going to be the hardest so far.

“Colonel there are hundreds of those black Astartes covering the ice over the ocean. We’re going to need additional back up. We’re are those Astartes that the Lord Commander assured.”

Statham opened his com link. “Major they will not let us down. Commence the attack. We must push forwards or we risk losing ground to this scum.” Statham spat.

Lorian stood hiding behind the tree line facing the ocean watching in horror as the black Legion began to advance their attack on the Imperial Guard. Yet his attention was distracted from the gleaming site of distant lightening. With that he put his magnoculars to his eyes needing to see for himself that his Deathwatch were not dead, and indeed he saw the heroic Captain Lykran lead his black marines down the cliff side into the stronghold of the black legion’s base of operations.
“Colonel you need to push forwards with all your might.” He spat down his vox unit.

“Im doing the best I can Inquisitor but we are up against the black legion here.”

“I understand that but you need to buy sometime for me Deathwatch marines.”

“They will have to fend for themselves Inquisitor my men are having a hard enough time of staying alive as it is.”

Suddenly Lorain felt the ground beneath his feet shake with tremors that shuddered enough to help force him off balance. His assassin fell to her knees face down in the snow, as did Johannson.
“What the hell.” Johannson muttered.

Statham felt the tremors vibrate their way through the Baneblade forcing the mighty tank to stop in its tracks. “What in the name of the Emperor was that.” He muttered.

Captain Lykran led his Deathwatch across the frozen Ocean towards the command centre of the rogue guardsmen. Bolters chattering across the battle field as he and his deathwatch charged into the rogue guardsmen. Behind his squad Captain Smitts led his Karskins laying down heavy covering fire. Fontain charged passed him revving both chainswords spitting out blood from his victims. Whilst Grailin charged at his side firing bolts of lightening into any that dared to approach the squad.
And then both squads stumble onto their chests and slid across the ice from the tremors. All except Fontain who somehow had managed to keep his balance and charge head on into the approaching Black Legionnaires.

Horus stood watching his every movement calculating every action he could possibly make. Yet though he knew Horus was more than capable of tearing his heart from his flesh he new that the love he had for his Emperor was enough for his still beating hearts.
Horus laughed, he laughed loudly. Though he could see the words come from the Warmasters mouth he could not hear them. Raising both his arms and clenching both his chainswords as tight as ever he charged violently with a rage so consuming that he never self the pain from the bolter shells as the thudded through the ceramite of his armour and into his flesh then the stabbing of power swords and chain axe’s across his person followed. And still he launched both of his chainswords into Horus’s chest, and yet still he felt no pain as he his world around him fell into darkness followed by a chilling cold.

Lykran laid still watching the Blood Drinker as he charged across the ice in a rage and launched himself into several of the Black Legion Astartes launching his chainswords into them. He continued to watch as He withstood the bolter shells from their bolters at close range and managed to slay two of them before they began to hack his body apart. Before he fell to his death.
Clenching his plasma pistol tighter than ever he rose to his feet and began his charge at those who had slain the Blood Drinker. Plasma blast after blast flew into each of the remaining attackers and each shot made killed its victim.

Ivan watched in horror as his friend and battle brother the Blood Drinker had been slain. “Bastards. He knew he would die on this rock of ice.” He cocked his bolter ready to follow his captain when suddenly he looked across to his right to witness the Black Legion Havocs squad fire their rocket launchers towards him and the Deathwatch.

The whole Deathwatch team seemed to fly through the air as the explosion from the rockets tossed them upwards. Grailin fell from site, sliding across the ice on his back into the nearby trees. The Karskins fell in all directions Connelly covered in flames. Byrnes took the rocket in his chest, the only thing that remain of him was his head still covered by his helm, sliding across the ice. Kajun and Affern fell together slamming across the ice, while Ivan flew highest before he crashed back down across the ice. Lykran looked back to witness the sight.
Not knowing if they lived or not he turned back to the command centre and continue his charge when suddenly a red and white light appeared momentarily before disappearing. He looked up to see the arrival of the Emperors Children Traitors. Not only that but they were been led by the famed and dreadful Lord Koldure all of which were armed in Terminator armour.
Lykran stumbled to his knees.

Lord Koldure had teleported onto the ice that covered the ocean surrounded by his warriors armoured in their dreadnaught armour and like man tanks they proceeded across the battle field slaying anything that crossed their path mercilessly.

Again the ground shook from the tremors only this time the ice across the ocean began to crack and split. Not a single person remained standing. Koldure picked himself to his feet swinging his daemonic sword from side to side cutting the rogue and loyal guardsmen apart.

Brother Affern picked himself up and looked across at Lykran who approached him followed by Sergeant Ivan of the Ultramairnes. He rose to his feet to greet them moments before another tremor shook the ground only with enough force the break the thick ice apart and begin to shatter it like fragments of glass from a shattered window.
He looked down and tried to Grab Kajun’s hands as he saw him sliding into the freezing ice water. “Brother take a hold of my hand.” But he was too late Kajun slid of the ice and into the water, which was cold enough to take his life even with his armour protecting him Affern knew now he’d be nothing more than a frozen being.

Both Ivan and Lykran dashed past him jumping from ice chunk to ice chunk until the had made it from the ocean’s frozen shore back onto solid ground. Affern followed then to the safe footing. As did Sergeant Merrik private Connelly and private Peta, of the Karskins.
Lykran watched the poor Captain Smitts as he too slid from the ice to the below freezing water below. Lykran closed his eyes still listening to the good Captains screams for help.

Koldure saw in the distance Colonel Farror clutching a child in both arms as he fled from the ice. Koldure smiled and chased after the humble Colonel. It wasn’t long before he’d caught up with the Colonel. Farror dropped the girl and reached for his las pistol moments before Koldure took his head from its shoulders
Anuska screamed louder than ever, yet Koldure reached down for her and yanked her on his shoulders. “Come child Slaanesh will have a purpose for you.” He laughed as he fled the ocean followed by five of his Astartes.

With the loudest roar imaginable followed by the worst of the tremors, Tremors powerful enough to lift the shattered ice followed by the ocean throwing large chunks of ice flew through the air and slamming into the nearby tanks and fleeing soldiers. The cold water spilled across the snow like a flowing fountain.
It was then when Inquisitor Lorian watched in sheer horror as the Space Hulk rose up above the ocean toss the last fragments of ice through the air. And the sound of its thrusters was more than deafening that he had to cover his ears with both his hands. Johanson and his Death cult assassin did the same.

Statham watched from the screen within his Baneblade as the gigantic Space Hulk began rising higher up into the sky and cover the ground below into a shadow of darkness. He watched in horror as gigantic cannons appeared from hatches in the Hulks hull opened up. “Holy Emperor grant my poor soul mercy.” He whispered to himself moments before the Cannons opened up lighting up the ground in explosion after explosion and ripping his Baneblade apart leaving barely a trace it ever existed.

Lord Koldure watched from the distant cliffs as the Space Hulk tore the battle field apart killing everything in sight. “We have been Betrayed.” He spat.

Lorain watched the last of the Imperial ground forces fall under the humongous cannons before retreating into the trees and hiding from sight under their protective cover. The Death Cult Assassin and Johanson followed him. “We have failed the Hulk has fallen into the hands of those we fear. The God Emperor only knows what will follow.” He cried.

Captain Lykran led his team away from the woods and the now burning fields of scorched ground. “Captain what now.” Affern asked.
“we leave this rock.”
Ivan took up the rear muttering to himself and feeling the sadness of losing his Friend the Blood Drinker. And still he pondered what the poor soul suffered. He wished hard that he could have understood watch pulled his friend into madness.
Sergeant Merrik threw his Karskin helmet onto the floor before he saw the fleeing Inquisitor. “Captain Lykran look its Inquisitor Lorian.” He pointed.
“Indeed it is.” Lykran laughed as he saw the Inquisitor looked upon him too.

My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 26 Sep 2006, 15:36

Loki the Vindicar Assassin and his cloaked and hooded partner watched from crouched positions a great distance away as the Gigantic Space Hulk the size of three cities and then some disappeared from the sky above the planet. It was then Loki caught a glimps of a single Black Legion Thunderhawk fly through the sky as though searching for someone.

Orbit Of Kylle

The Imperial fleet pounded its cannons into the chaos warships ripping the remaing vessels apart as they did. Suddenly more Imperial fleet ships appeared from the warp to join the ever growing fleet and finally they were followed by the gigantic Astartesd battle Barge. And like a shinning beacon in the night the Ultramarine battle barge fired its gigantic forward cannons into the Black Legions warships ripping their hulls apart.

Aboard The Emperors Hand

Lord Commander Clemmons smiled at the site of the Victory Hand Ultramarine Battle Barge as it appeared. The Barge was under the command of Captain Maximus of the fourth company.
“Oh my we have won this day.” He proudly said to his crew controlling his ship from below his cat walk.
His words were followed by the cheer it deserved.
But that cheer soon died down.
A white light blinded out the bridge followed by a yellow light then more white lights also followed by more yellow lights. Lord Commander Clemmons himself was flung from his golden chair into the bridge’s giant window followed by the smell of smoke, and sound of burning fire. Commander Roach pulled himself up onto the catwork his face covered in black sut from the exploding consoles below. He raced across to the fallen body of Lord Commander Clemmons.
Once he reached the window of the Emperors Hand he witness the site Of the Gigantic Space Hulk Exordium appear from Kylles atmosphere, not only did he witness the site of such a vessel his heart sank once he took a glimpse of the Burning Battle Barge Victory Hand. Followed by the destruction of most of the fleet.
“Commander, commander.” He bellowed rocking the lifeless body of Lord Commander Clemmons.
“Do we still have Comm’s.” He bellowed to the bridge crew below.

“Yes Commander we do.”

“Inform Admiral Ormarr the Lord Commander is dead and the fleet is once more his too command.”

Aboard The Emperor Class Burning Star

Admiral Sebastian Ormarr watched in horror as the Gigantic Space Hulk emerged from the atmosphere, its gigantic cannons firing out streaks of white light into the fleet. It was then when he felt the warm sensation of his own Urine coheres its way down his still neatly pressed trousers.

“Commander word from the Emperors Hand. Lord Commander Clemmons is dead and you have fleet command once more.” Came the voice of Lieutenant Commander Beck. Moments before he self his stomach give way and he found the same warm sensation trickle its way down his leg.

Ormarr looked up. “I don’t know what to do.” He said.
My Website

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 26 Sep 2006, 17:28

:shock: are there still more chapters to come?! This must be the longest story by a long way :D
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 30 Sep 2006, 10:22

:D
Yes about three chapters left. :)

If think its the longest because its the last and i've enjoyed writing this one out of the 4 the most. :)

~Raven.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 01 Oct 2006, 11:33

Chapter Twenty Two
“Memento Of Faith A Passage To Forgiveness”

The Planet Kylle

The grey sky dulled its shadows across the White Mountains, and forests leaving grey trails of darkness across the white snow filled fields below. The greyness of the sky was almost unmoving except for the gentle flow of snow slowly drifting its way towards the white below. In the distance the burning fields from the devastation caused by the rising of the Exordium could be seen vomiting out gigantic plumes of thick black smoke high into the sky, yet under the freezing temperatures the flames soon began to burn out.
Syakotus occasionally looked down to monitor his scanners set to search for the Childs lifesign, yet nothing. Carefully he gently steered the stolen thunderhawk with his bionic hand through the sky and low enough to see the fields of ice and snow below. The thunderhawk was like a small black dot compared to the masses of white that covered almost everything.
He placed his free hand over his chest wounds still reeling from the intenseness of the pain. Though he’d given himself enough pain relief the wound from the powersword was severe enough to kill a normal man.
His He felt long strands from his hair grace his face while he sat in thought using his bionic eye to glimpse the ground below up close. Yet still nothing.
The thunder hawk passed over the woodlands below and for a fleeting moment he saw a pack of wolfs moving under cover of the snow covered trees below.
It was that glimpse which reminded him the Husky had howled back to those wolves’s meaning the girl had to be close.

The sound of thrusters over head caught the sut covered Grailins attention forcing him to look upwards to witness the black legion thunderhawk overhead. “Captain.” He said to himself, sensing the form of his former Captain aboard the Hawk.
“Syakotus must have obtained that thunderhawk.” He mused to himself.
Using his staff to help him walk he began following the trail of smoke coming from the thunderhawk.
Though the black sut from the explosions covered most of his armour both his fists remained red, one now tightly clenching his bolt pistol.

Syakotus suddenly caught a glimpse of humanoid figures moving in between trees. Using his bionic eye he homed in on them wondering if they were Imperial. They weren’t he recognised their markings instantly, they were Emperors Children. It was then when he saw one carried a child.

Aboard The Space Hulk Exordium

Lord Kraken watched the burning fleet trying to regroup, he wondered what they might be think after seeing the crippling of an Ultramarine battle barge, left to drift with little senses.
Arumik stood steadfast and bolt upright at his side tightly pressing his fingers around the pole of his staff. “My lord what will you have us do now.” He asked.
Kraken rose to his feet standing full height and towering his bulk over the bridge of his new vessel. “Ectar hail the fleet.” He said sardonically.
Ectar looked up from his console with a smile pressed firmly on his pale face. “As you command.”

Kraken took a step away from his golden chair flexing his fingers “Imperial fleet this is Lord Kraken of the Black Legion. If you wish to live renounce your service to the False Emperor of mankind and turn on those who will not. Those that do this may join me. Those that refuse to follow the banner of the Black Legion will fall.”

“Very good My Lord.” Mocked Arumik.
“Be silent sorcerer they fear me and they now fear the capabilities of this vessel.”
“What is it you expect them to do my Lord.” Arumik asked using caution in his voice.
Kraken returned to his seat resting both of his hands on the arm rests of his golden throne.
“Why I expect them to turn on each other.” He laughed.

Aboard the Burning Star

“Imperial fleet this is Lord Kraken of the Black Legion. If you wish to live renounce your service to the False Emperor of mankind and turn on those who will not. Those that do this may join me. Those that refuse to follow the banner of the Black Legion will fall.”

Admiral Sebastian Ormarr nearly choked at hearing the sound of Krakens voice.
“Beck have the Emperors hand move in to defend the limp astartes battle barge, its certainly big enough to give them cover. As for the fighters have them home in on that thing.” He said leaning over the stratagem.

Lieutenant Commander Beck looked up at the old Admiral thinking how tired he was beginning to look. “But Admiral that is futile.” He replied.

“Damn you man just have them do as I command.” Ormarr barked.

Beck looked up at the Admiral wondering if the Admiral new what he was doing. “Admiral I’ll have to come up there my consoles are damaged and I’m not certain they will relay the orders properly.”

Ormarr paused for a second wondering what the hell he meant but then he wanted to retaliate before he was destroyed.
“Fine, fine man get up here and do it the comm.’s are working fine up here.”

Beck stepped onto the stratagem slowly making his way towards the banister were the old Admiral Ormarr stood.
Ormarr turned to great the commander. “Well.” He asked.

Beck smiled at the Admiral “Well what old man.” He replied.
The two naval guards that stood by the Admiral looked each other in the eye.
Beck slowly approached his Admiral with one hand firmly behind his back. “I think not Admiral Ormarr.”
“What the hell are you saying. I order you to relay my orders to the fleet.”
Beck swiftly whipped his hand from behind his back clenching a las pistol and pointed it at Ormarr’s forehead.
“I relieve you of command.” He spat.
“This is mutiny. Guards arrest him.”
Only one of the naval guards raised his Short gun to face Beck. The other simply shot the guard that did so in the chest, letting the blast echo and force the Admiral to step back pressing his back across the Banister.
The guard who’d pointed his shot gun at Beck fell to the floor in a pool of his own blood.
“You’ve given your last order old man.” Beck then shot the Admiral squar on in the centre of his forehead, forcing the old man to fall backwards over the banister and from the stratagem.
Once the Admiral had hit the floor below a struggle broke out on the bridge deck below forcing the naval officers to turn on one another using their side arms to kill each other.

Lieutenant Commander Beck hit the Comm. channel. “All fighter Squads attack both the Battle Barge Victory Hand and the Emperor’s Hand. You have your orders.”

My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 01 Oct 2006, 11:38

“All fighter Squads attack both the Battle Barge Victory’s Hand and the Emperor’s Hand. You have your orders.”

Flight Commander Heather Scott watched fighter turn on fighter, she was astounded by the betrayal.
She didn’t even know who to give orders to because she was unsure who was loyal and who was the betrayer.
She turned her head to witness many of the fighters from green squad attacking the Emperor’s hand. It was then she knew who she must attack and raced her now slightly buckled fighter towards green squad weapons blazing at the first fighter coming into her targeting sights.
She looked up to see most of blue squad and white squad follow her lead and begin attacking runs on the now traitorous green squad.

Aboard the Emperor’s Hand.

Commander Roach dashed to his console “Ok scramble all reserve fighters use our orbital auto cannons on those smaller fighters.” He bellowed in anger.

“Which ones.” Lieutenant Seska questioned.

Roach looked up and out of the gigantic window into the onslaught that raged on around the fleet. “I don’t care. Shoot anything that shoots at us.”
He watched in sheer mortified horror as the Imperial fleet began firing on one another.

“I don’t understand commander why have they swayed so easily.” Seska asked.

Roach looked across at her. “Look at the size of that thing. Look at what its capable of for Emperors sake its just crippled that Ultramarine Battle Barge and most of the fleet. To fight it means certain death. And yet the traitorous scum have offered these pitiful scarred cowards the chance to life.”

Seska looked down at her console her thoughts mixed and afraid of what’s going to happen yet she could'nt shake the feeling that this Imperium she served, was built up on betrayal. Slowly she reached for her side arm and gently unholstered it.

Aboard The Exordium

“Look at them.” Taunted Ectar.

Kraken pressed both his hands together. “Set course for Kytunious 9x3 Jovik There is nothing left for us here.” Laughed Kraken.

Aboard The Victory’s Hand
Ultramarine Battle Barge.

Captain Maximus pulled himself up from the floor and gazed out of the window, watching as Lord Commander Clemmons mighty Flagg ship Emperor’s Hand blew apart taking out most of the smaller fighters with it. Large chunks of its burning hull flew apart slamming into many of the other Imperial Ships in the fleet setting them a blaze.
Slowly he rose to full height brushing the dust from his gold plated chest and from his light blue armour. Chaplain Houcka came across to help him. Yet Maximus as tall as he was shrugged the chaplain off. “I’ll pick myself up Brother I need no help.”
Houcka bowed.
“What now.”
“Well the chance of survivors below is remote the fleet is all but destroyed and the Black Legion are beginning to move away. Proberly presuming we’re dead in the water. We follow that Space Hulk and relay our co-ordinates to the rest of the chapter and request aide. Besides I believe the Grey Knight fleet that will by now orbit the planet Kytunious 9x3 will be ready to greet them.” Houcka bowed once more.
“The techs will have the barge ready in the next twenty minutes Captain.”

Heather Scott clasped both her hands around the Joystick that controlled her small fighter and tried hard to maintain control. Both her rear engines were ablaze and her cockpit window cracked. Both her eyes widened watching the atmosphere of Kylle grow closer. Her fighter had been badly damaged from the debris of the destroyed Emperor’s Hand, and she’d been severely knocked by the impact of the explosion. She almost considered herself lucky after witnessing many of her comrades destruction in the explosion. Yet Heather pondered her fate as the fighter fell into the gravital pull of Kylle. She screamed as the cockpits glass cracked more before shattering into thousands of small pieces of glass, that ripped their way into her beautiful face, moments before the heat from the planet fall burnt her alive, frying her inside her cockpit.

The Surface Of Kylle

Slowly Syakotus cut the engines one by one while descending from the grey sky down to the snow below edging by the woods that he’d spotted Anuska. The engines soon fell silent with the gentle snowfall and the landing legs touched down silently in the snow.

Syakotus stepped off the ramp of the Black Legion Thunderhawk letting his feet rest in the snow. He tightly clenched his powersword in his bionic hand while holding his auspex in his over hand. The sensors picked up other life signs nearby. “Anuska.” He whispered to himself.
He hooked the auspex to his waist and began to walk silently through the snow entering the woods.

His memories came flooding back to him as he walked past each tree using the enchanced vision from his bionic eye to search for Anuska and her Husky. His thoughts pondered on his chapter and how he would miss them and then he thought of the Necrosphere and what it had done to him. He remembered his visions of the green sphere. And what it told him.
You will be forgiven.
"But how. And by whom."

“You have one last journey to take.” Said Krupeus, the warrior who claimed he lead the damned.

“But I have failed.” He shouted out into the trees.
He fell to his knees. “But I have failed.”

“You have failed nothing my Brother.” Came an all to familiar voice.

Syakotus looked up. “What do you know.”

“I too have glimpsed at the visions that once taunted you. Bringing you into the darkness. How many Brothers can you say have come back from the darkness. None I say. You are the Momentum of faith. And in that faith forgiveness will find its way to witness your actions. You should not doubt that which you were once taught my brother my friend.”

Syakotus stood back up one hand still clasped around the handle of his powersword.
He looked up into the trees. A smile fell across his face. For the first time in years he saw the friendly face of an old friend. “Grailin.” He said.
The Librarian stood in an opening within the trees though his armour was covered in black sut Syakotus remembered his friend all to well.

“Forgive me Captain. It is my fault you walk alone amongst the stars. I should have counselled you better.”

Loki the Vindicar assassin looked through the sights of his scope aiming the barrel of his long sniper rifle at the back of the head of what appeared to be a black Legion Astartes traitor. Behind him his hooded and cloaked friend did the same. Slowly Loki eased his finger back over the trigger and then let loose his killing shot. The bullet flew through the air within a blink of a second the back of the Black Legion Astartes head exploded into a small shower of skull and brains.
“I have my kill.” Loki said looking back at his hooded companion.

Syakotus smiled again at his friend and began to approach him. “How did you find me and why.”

Grailin looked up to see the gentleness of the snow falling down landing softly across the floor were he stood. “I was exiled for my mistake and given an oath to fight all that opposes the Imperium. Yet deep in my heart I knew you would still draw breath where ever you would be. And thus I have searched for you for the past three years so that you will not walk amongst the stars alone any longer.”

It shows. Your face what happened." Asked Syakotus.

Grailin slowly ran his hand down the melted flesh that scared the side of his face. "Just a reminder not to trust a rogue trader again." He laughed.

Syakotus stopped in his approach towards Grailin, and watched in horror, the back of Grailins head exploded.

Grailin felt the intense pain managing one last sentence. “You will be forgiven Brother.”
Grailins body slumped forwards face down, he was dead before his face crashed through the snow that covered the ground.

Syakotus looked away a tear rolled down his face from his eye. He felt a deep sadness witnessing the loss of his only friend. The friend that had searched so long for him.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 07 Oct 2006, 13:49

Chapter Twenty Three
“Shadows Hiding In The Stars.”
“Moments Of Truth”

Aboard The Victory’s Hand

Brother Rykon stood at his console listening to the dieing cries from the remaining survivors of the destroyed Imperial Fleet. When his sensors flashed catching his attention. “Captain I have just picked up a large anomaly well a few large anomaly’s.” He said looking back at Maximus.
Maximus approached Rykon’s console. “Explain what you mean Brother.” He said.
Rykon looked back at his console. “Well the sensors have picked up some large multiple vessels.”
Maximus looked up at the bridge view screen. “Theres nothing out there Rykon.” He said.
“That’s what I mean Captain.”
Chaplain Houcka approached both men. “He has a point Captain the Imperial fleet is destroyed and the Black Legion warships have gone following the Space Hulk. And yet look there is a fusion trail that disappears Over Kylle’s orbit.”
“Interesting. Rykon could you pin point the trail.” Maximus asked, while bending over to glimpse the console readings for himself.
“At a guess it could be a cloaked ship, ships Captain. But as for pin pointing them I’m sorry I can’t.”
Maximus placed his left hand over his chin to gently rub the stubble. “We have other priorities now. We need to regroup with the Malleus fleet waiting at Kytunious 9x3. Keep a record of anything strange we can pass it on to the Malleus.” Maximus explained while returning to his command chair.

The Surface Of Kylle

Sat on his knees, Syakotus looked on at the fallen body of Grailin, who laid face down in the snow. His armour almost white from the falling flakes, and the back of his head wide open, with the spatter of what remained of his brains and skull across his neck and back.
Unsure why Grailin had followed him, he was certain of one thing; he regretted not fighting one last fight with his psychic friend.
He felt a deep emptiness fill his heart and his soul thinking of those Brothers he’d fought so many battles and wars with. The names of his fallen Brothers filled his head. Korde His best friend and mentor, Gevedin his loyal friend who followed him to the end, Redeka the warrior he trained as a young scout with, and finally Grailin, the librarian who taught him a great deal of the unexplored. He looked up to the dim grey sky above and for a while he focused on each snow flake that fell gently to the ground, admiring each shape and pattern of each flake, different and unique, and he remembered his friend Quornas, the wise Chaplain.
He took to his feet again taking a firm hold of his power sword, and unholstered his bolt pistol. His bionic eye primed to the slightest of movements. And he was on the move again passing in between trees and finally he’d managed to push the pain from his wounds to the back of his mind.
He turned back to take on last look at his fallen Brother Grailin. Syakotus stopped in his tracks, the fallen Librarian was gone the only thing that remained was the pool of blood from his demise.
He clenched his Sword tightly and waited for a moment or two watching the trees. Nothing. Syakotus turned back to the trees ahead and began his journey again. Still it was strange that Grailin had gone.

Inquisitor Lorain led his party back to his gun cutter through the falling snow, the sky was beginning to change to a shade darker, while the howling sound of the wind building up whistled in between the trees that surrounded them. Lykran holsterd his plasma pistol but still had a firm grip of his power sword. Behind him followed Sergeant Merrik, Peta, Connelly and Jefferson. The death cult assassin remained ever close to Lorian’s side while Sergeant Ivan of the Ultramarines took up the rear keeping his bolter held ready for attack. Affern had point carefully watching for enemy targets.
“What happened to that Crimson Fist librarian Grailin, Captain.” Asked Lorian.
“I’m unsure but I suspect he went off in pursuit of Syakotus.”
“Interesting. Isn’t Syakotus a traitor to his chapter and the Imperium?”
Lykran stopped in his tracks. “I am unsure.”
Lorain laughed. “Unsure I thought you would have been eager to slay him by your own hand for the crimes he committed against the Grey Knights.”
A smiled pressed its way across Lykran’s face. “I tell you this Inquisitor. The Imperial Fists were loyal to the Emperor long before the Grey Knights were founded. And we will be long after they have expired.”
“Expired.” Laughed Lorian loudly.

Syakotus moved slowly in between trees before then stopped from the sound of a twig been stood on. Crouching down on one knee, he used his Bionic Eye to focused on the detail from were the snapping twig came from. To his relief he saw Anuska was still very much alive, the trouble was so were the thirty or more Emperors children that surrounded her as she walked. Though it was unusual for an Astartes to feel fear, he couldn’t help the similar feeling fill his senses from the sight of Lord Koldure of the Emperors Children.
He began to flex his fingers around the handle of his power sword, with his thoughts working overtime. He peered through the trees using the enhanced sight from his bionic eye. He focused on Anuska she walked between the Lord and his champion. The only way this would work was if he charged them before they had time to react he could be through the trees.
He took out three stun grenades and through them into the Emperors Children. Syakotus charged through the Emperors children firing of his bolt pistol and swiping his power sword from side to side.
The Emperors children stopped stunned in the tracks as they witness the Crimson Fists charge. “ANUSKA.” Syakotus bellowed.

Anuska looked up and the biggest of smiles hit her face once she realised the warrior she’d thought was dead returned for her. She smiled again with tears of joy rolling down her rosy red cheeks, he’d promised her he wouldn’t leave her and he had come back for her. Anuska ran towards him holding both her arms out. Syakotus barged past another of the stunned warriors and hoisted Anuska up un his arm and disappeared into the trees as quickly as he’d charged.

Koldure spun around “Kill that scum.” He spat.
But the Terminator armoured Emperors children were just coming around from the stun grenades and their armour was to bulky to chase after the warrior.
Koldure however wasn’t and leaped into the trees in hot pursuit of Syakotus.

The Emperors children that didn’t were terminator armour chased after their lord firing off their bolters into the blindness of trees.

My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 07 Oct 2006, 13:50

Captain Lykran watched Inquisitor Lorian board the Gun Cutter, behind his personal pilot Johanson. His attention was broke by the sound of distant gun fire. “Ivan on point. Affern take up position by the Gun Cutter.” He ordered.
Sergeant Merrik jumped up to his side. “Was that thunder or gun fire?”
Lykran looked down on Merrik. “Gun fire my friend. Get your Karskins on the gun cutter.”

Merrik looked up and smiled. “We maybe weaker than you but today we choose to die at your side.”

“Merrik I have no intention of falling today. I have a company to lead when I return to my chapter so get on the gun cutter, we will cover if anything comes from that tree line.”

“Fair enough Captain.” Merrik grimaced.

Ivan started walking backwards towards The gun cutter as did Affern and Lykran, once they’d seen everyone else board the vessel. Affern of the Scythes was the first to board followed by Captain Lykran then Sergeant Ivan of the Ultramarines pointing his bolter forwards. The doors behind them closed, and Johanson began the take off.

Syakotus stopped momentarily reeling from the pain of his wounds, which forced him to put Anuska down.
“See little girl I promised you I wouldn’t leave you. Now tell me were is Rex.”
Anuska looked up blinking tears still rolling down her cheeks. “I don’t know when they took me I was with the silver mister and the black men hurt both of them.” She cried.
Syakotus crouched down to wipe the tears from her face.

“CRIMSON FIST.” Bellowed Koldure emerging from behind.
Syakotus rose up to greet the chaos Lord.

Both Syakotus and Koldure jumped up into attacking stance’s. Koldure held his blade above his head ready to strike down, while Syakotus held his sword clasped in both hands forwards. Both men charged at one another blades clashed sparks flew. Syakotus dropped down on one knee letting Koldure pass over him with his blade, then turning back to face the Chaos Lord, He moved into attack. Koldure stepped to the side letting the Crimson Fist pass by then brought his sword down slicing through the side of Syakotus’s shoulder guard. Syakotus spun of his axis planting the tip of his blade in the snow covered ground to keep his balance. Again Koldure made a sweep at him slicing the blade into the ceramite of his already cracked chest plate. Syakotus swiftly moved back bringing his power sword up to block the attack, but found he wasn’t quick enough, Koldure had knocked him from his feet onto his back with a slam. Still gripping his power sword Syakotus rolled over to his left dodging the stabbing attempts made by Koldure. “You are weak Loyalist.” Koldure grunted.
Syakotus swung his sword down meeting the blade of Koldure's with his, again sparks flew. Both warriors circled one another still clashing blades duelling each other. Syakotus would lower his guard letting Koldure move in for the kill then he would greet the Chaos warriors sword with his own.
Koldure danced from left to right trying to fool Syakotus into making a mistake.
Syakotus would greet his daemon sword with his own. Koldure jumped towards the Crimson Fist knocking him side ways then using the butt from his damon swords handle, he slammed it into the side of Syakotus’s face. Syakotus staggered back then forwards Koldure launched himself at the Crimson Fist once more, this time he head butted him in the forehead knocking Syakotus back. Then using his upper body strength he kicked Syakotus in the stomach and punched him again using the butt of his daemon swords handle.
“It is over.” Koldure taunted.

“We’ll see.” Returned Syakotus feeling out of breath and tired.

Koldure grinned like a hunter who had finally run his prey to the ground.
“Your weak and your as good as beat already. Do us both a favour and Just Die.” He grinned.

The Daemon sword swung at Syakotus’s head and he ducked too late seeing it for the faint it was. Koldure grabbed him by the edge of his shoulder and drove his spiked knee into Syakotus’s stomach. The ceramite buckled and Syakotus felt pain knife him as bones broke. Koldure released him, and punched him in the face. The Crimson Fist staggered backwards into the trees. Koldure jumped up at the wounded warrior knocking him back into the tree forcing his foot into his shoulder. Syakotus dropped his power sword on the ground and fell backwards from the tree. Koldure launched his Daemon sword into his cracked shoulder guard forcing its way through the ceramite into his flesh.
Pain began to fill through Syakotus like a virus to a network system.

Anuska cried out “GET OFF HIM. YOUR HURTING HIM STOP, STOP IT.”

“Koldure turned to greet her bellowing. “BE SILENT CHILD.”

Syakotus saw his power sword lying on the floor beside him, and slid down the tree trunk to get it. He pushed off the tree pivoting past Koldure swinging the blade into the Emperors Childrens Lords face.
Koldure turned to witness the attack and blocked the blow with his forearm reaching out to pluck Syakotus from his feet and hurl him towards more of the trees.

The world spun away from him and suddenly there was even more intense pain.
His vision blurred as he smacked into the ground. Shards of snow and tree bark flew up around him.
The pain he felt was strange because it felt too intense he felt weak and tired all at once.

Lord Koldure circled around Syakotus his Daemon sword trailing across the ground lifting up the snow like a plough, taunting the fallen warrior.
“And now it is time to finish this.” Koldure laughed.

Syakotus looked up the vision in his bionic eye was nothing more than static, while his other eye only gave him a blur to see.
Still he held the handle of his power sword tightly.

Koldure raised his Daemon sword above his head and swing it down to cut through Syakotus’s head. He suddenly stopped weakening his grip on his Daemon sword then felt a most intense pain breach his flesh, he looked down to see Syakotus had raised his sword like a spear from the ground and stabbed him in his stomach.

Using what strength he had left Syakotus plunged the sword deeper into the Lords stomach, then twisted the blade around. He unholstered his Bolt pistol and pressed the barrel into Koldures forehead.
He didn’t even hesitate to pull the trigger, blood sprayed everywhere from the explosion of Koldures white head.

Syakotus managed to stagger over to Anuska, sheathing his sword in its scabbard on his back he began to pick up Anuska to carry. “I’m scared.” She cried.
“Don’t be little one. I will not leave your side until I know you are safe. I promise. And I keep my promises don’t I.” Syakotus said with a smile on his blood soaked face.
Anuska smiled at him she was shivering with fear and the cold but she felt safe for the first time in a long while.
They both set off quickly to avoid the hunting Emperors Children, then stopped at the sound of thrusters in the distance. Syakotus knew it had to be Imperial.
He tapped into the vox unit within his throat.
“My name is Syakotus and I need urgent assistance. I repeat I need Urgent assistance. I have a child with me Please. I need urgent assistance I have a small child with me. somebody help me.” He bellowed, while picking up Anuska and attempting to run with her.
“Annie what is your fathers name.” He asked her.
She cried at the thought of him. “Michael Corrbeck.”
Again Syakotus tapped into his vox unit. “I have Anuska Corbeck with me daughter of Michael Corbeck. I beg of you in the name of the Emperor please somebody get this child to safety. Please.”

My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 07 Oct 2006, 13:53

“My name is Syakotus and I need urgent assistance. I repeat I need Urgent assistance. I have a child with me Please I need urgent assistance I have a small child with me somebody help me.”

“Inquisitor what shall I do.” Asked Johanson as he steered the cutter. “Ignore it. Syakotus is a traitor.”
Lykran entered the cockpit with his plasma pistol drawn. “The hell you will open a com NOW.”

“I have Anuska Corbeck with me daughter of Michael Corbeck. I beg of you in the name of the Emperor please somebody get this child to safety. Please.”

“Lykran what are you doing.” Lorain warned.
The death Cult assassin unsheathed both of her blades. Like a fly Lykran swatted her across the face knocking her unconscious. “Johanson open that com channel NOW.” He barked this time he’d noticed stood behind him Sergeant Merrik and Affern both held their guns facing the Inquisitor and Johanson.
“Why would you do this Lykran.”
Because Grailin trusted in his Captains Faith and his word is in the name of Rogal Dorn. And you knew those scientists were sent to their deaths didn’t you.”
“Lykran your place is to obey not question.”
“Not this time Inquisitor.”
Lykran turned back to Johanson. “NOW”
“Its open damn it.” Johanson barked back.

“Please somebody help us in the name of the Emperor please don’t let this child die. I am badly wounded and I cannot protect her for long. Somebody Help.”

“Syakotus were are you.” Asked Lykran.

“In the woods about ten miles away from the explosion.”

“Ok we’re not to far from their. Keep heading north their you’ll come to a lake on the outskirts of the woods the lake over looks the mountains. Ok brother we’ll meet you near the end of that lake look for an Inquisitorial Gun Cutter. And Syakotus trust me its Captain Lykran. Can you make it?”

“Damn it I’ll try. Or die trying.”
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 28 Oct 2006, 17:43

Chapter Twenty Four
“Innocence Is Hurting”
“Cavatina”

Loki moved swiftly across the cliffs edge using the snow covered bushes for cover, he carried his rifle in one hand while holding his side arm in the other. Behind him the hooded warrior followed holding his long rifle moving almost unseen even to Loki, the warrior moved, causing no more disturbance than the passing of a breeze. his Cameleoline cloak making him all but invisible to the naked eye. Both warriors stopped to listen to the distant sound of thrusters, knowing the sound was close, but yet nothing could be seen.

The hooded warrior looked to the north of their position and noticed an armoured warrior crouched looking on from the cliffs. Loki also took a glimpse of the silver armoured warrior through his magnoculars. “A Target.” He said.
The hooded warrior looked on ignoring Loki’s remarks.
“No not this one. He has a purpose.” The warrior said, as both men moved swiftly almost invisible through the falling snow.

“He is a target.” Loki warned again.
“Not one of your agendas though.”

“Remember you are only here to shadow me. Nothing more.” Loki explained with the
tone of warning in his voice.

The hooded warrior ignored the assassin’s words and still made way towards the crouched warrior.

Captain Kallis last survivor of the Spectre Knights looked up to see two thin yet well armoured warriors appear from nowhere. He jumped up pointing his bolt pistol at the black armoured assassin. “So you come to take my life then.” Kallis asked.
The black armoured assassin pointed his pistol in Kallis’s face. “Die.” He said.
Kallis was far to tired to deny this warrior the Emperors justice so he closed his eyes waiting for the final moment.
Then came the sound of the trigger been pulled followed by the weapons discharge. Kallis felt something wet splatter across his face. He opened his eyes to see the hooded warrior held out his skinny left arm and clenching a shurikan Pistol tightly. He looked on the now red covered snow at the dead assassin.
The warrior placed the shurikan pistol at his waist revealing his white armour underneath his Cameleoline cloak, then he removed his long hood to reveal his long and pale face. From the top of his bold scalp hung a neatly tied pony tail in a tight lock. His ears were pointed and his face very pale. “Why?” Asked Kallis.
“Come back to Biel-Tan with me. You will be safe there.”
Kallis dropped to his knees tired and yet he’d been prepared to face his death but now found a new opportunity had arisen to him. One he did not think he’d ever face. Once the Spectre Knights were of the best warriors founded from the gene-seed of Rogal Dorn himself, that is until Rogue Inquisitor Nathan Salvanfor betrayed them with the Necrosphere and finally deemed them exterminatus.
“Tell me this why would Biel Tan have a rogue Astartes join them.”
“Because your Imperium has turned on you and we can learn from your crude methods of warfare helping us who strife to be better. Besides would you not like a chance to get alittle even with those who have turned on you.”
“Yes.”
“Then come with me. And you can call me Ny-sinutok, others call me Ranger.”
Kallis smiled at his new ally, and followed him across the cliffs through the snow. Even Kallis could not help but be impressed by the solitary warriors swiftness and unseen abilities, and finally Kallis couldn’t help but think the Emperor had offered him this opportunity of survival, after all he thought he was as good as dead and yet he now has a new beginning.

Syakotus looked up through the trees at the grey and dull sky; he stood for a moment clutching Anuska in his bionic arm and pressed against his chest. In the distance the pair heard the sound of what sounded like a roaring of loud winds, yet the winds that blew through the woods where more of a gentle breeze.
“Is that thunder.” Asked Anuska looking back into the woods.

“No. But I’ve heard that sound before.”
“What is it?”
“I’m not sure. Sounds like we have more company. Time to go I think.”

Suddenly both of them stopped to hear the sound of snapping twigs. Syakotus looked around to see a pink armoured foot step into view. “Down Annie.” He shouted pushing her into the side of another tree, whilst taking a careful aim with his bolt pistol. The shot echoes throughout the woods. A second later and he’d grabbed Anuska once more, this time taking up the pace and running through the trees. Branch after branch hit him in the face, his heavily armoured feet crunched through the snow leaving a trail of his foot prints for their followers to chase.

A single shot wisped past his cheek as he ran, forcing him to look back at the shooter only he couldn’t see anyone through the falling snow. Once again he looked up to the sky watching as the snow fell faster through the grey sky which by now was turning greyer by the second. A second the third shot flew past him both echoed.

Still running through the snow Syakotus was now finding it harder to see, the vision in his bionic eye still came in and out of clarity, and the snow fell harder. “Are we going to die syke.” Anuska asked in a calm tone.

Syakotus topped for a moment. “I don’t know.” He replied.
His wounds were now causing him to breath through tremendous pain as he could feel the agony reaping through him like a virus to a tech system. The cold began to burn at the flesh of his bare face and his pain relief was beginning to fail him fully.

“Come on we haven’t far to go. Damn it Annie we can’t let these bastards have their victory.”
No sooner had he finished his sentence when a spray of bolter fire from numerous Emperors Children spread its way across the woods and through the trees. Syakotus felt a volley of the shells thud through his back.
He groaned and nearly dropped to one knee through the pain.
Anuska began to scream loudly with panic. “Don’t cry little girl we’re gonna get you to safety.”

Again Syakotus picked up the pace running through the snow knocking his shoulders into the trees as he would stumble every few steps.

More and more bolter fire came from the darkness of the woods forcing Syakotus to take cover, dropping to one knee behind a tree trunk. Still clutching Anuska in his Bionic hand he used his free hand to take aim with his bolt pistol and fire back. With each shot he fired the bullets flew from the discharge chamber as if in slow motion.

The barrage of enemy bolter fire stopped leaving only the sound of the falling snow flakes across the trees.
Syakotus once again picked up Anuska and began to run but tripped on a fallen tree branch he fell forwards releasing his hold on Anuska she skidded across the snow into a set of bushes while Syakotus fell on his chest letting his dropping his bolt pistol as he did. His face slammed hard into the snow covered ground with a bang, he felt the pain in his wounds even more so now.
Once again the gun fair from the Emperors children started up again.

“Syakotus we’re at the end of the lake north side of the woods what’s your ETA.”
Captain Lykran announced through the universal com.

Five minutes past and still no reply. Lykran stood in the open hatch of the gun cutter looking across the long lake at the woods he could hear the barrage of bolter fire and from time to time see the yellow from the fire fight. Ivan stood next to him holding his bolter with both hands and keeping the barrel aimed firmly towards the tree line of the snow covered woods.
Behind them both stood Sergeant Merrik and Peta from the Karskins both of them had their hell guns pointed across the lake.
“Do you think they’ll make it.” Merrik asked looking up at Lykran’s bare face.

Lykran turned back to face the karskin sergeant. “I’m not sure the odds are stacked up highly against them. But in saying that Syakotus has been up against odds just as bad.”

“What do we do about the exiled Crimson Fist?” Asked Sergeant Ivan of the Ultramarines.
“First of all we get them off the planet. That little girl is his priority and I suspect at this time his only priority so I guess we make her our priority.” Lykran replied.

Lorian emerged from behind them also looking on across the lake. “Captain Lykran do not forget this Syakotus of the Crimson Fists single handily killed a Grey Knight Captain. The Malleus will not let you get away with letting him go.”

Lykran smiled. “Worry not Inquisitor I have a feeling Syakotus will let himself go.”

“What’s that supposed to mean.” Lorian asked.

“Whatever you wish it too.” Lykran answered.

One of the Emperor’s Children emerged from the trees swinging his chain axe above his head. Syakotus rolled over onto his back just in time to see the chaos warrior bring the axe down to kill him. Using his bionic arm he managed to block the attack then rolled over grabbing the handle with his free hand. “Annie RUN.” He called.
The Emperors children pulled back but in doing so Syakotus kept his grip of the handle and rose up to his feet then head butted the warrior knocking him back. Another Emperor’s children marine emerged from the trees swing two blades like propellers in each hand.

Syakotus looked back to watch Anuska run towards the lake at the end of the woods.
“GO ANNIE RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.” He cried.
Then he turned his attention back at the blade wielding warrior, and unsheathed his power sword from its scabbard on his back.
“OK bastard lets do this.” He taunted.

The warrior charged towards the blood soaked Crimson Fist. “My pleasure.”
The three blades met in a clash of sparks, but somehow Syakotus felt stronger and pulled back using his stance to strike the blade down in a diagonal strike cutting the warrior from shoulder to hip.

Pulling back just in time to see more chaos warriors emerge from the trees he launched into the first forcing his now blood covered power sword into the warrior cutting through the ceramite of his armour.

Syakotus pulled the blade back and turned to flee and follow Anuska through the woods.

Aboard The Exordium

“We are about to engage a Grey Knight fleet my lord.” Ectar announced looking up from his console.

“They have not detected us either, hmmm perhaps there is some sort of psychic shield built within the bulkheads of the Exordium my Lord.” Arumik explained, while watching the enormous fleet begin to come into view.

“You do realise we can cloak this vessel don’t you Lord Kraken.” Jovik sniggered as he entered the bridge letting the low blue light, light up some of the shadows with a blue tint.

Lord Kraken stood up from his command chair and slowly approached the gigantic window looking on the Grey Knight fleet in orbit of Kytunious 9x3.

“Go to cloak Ectar. Jovik prepare the forward cannons. We can destroy them before they even know what will hit them.” Kraken laughed and he laughed loudly, his laughter was then echoed by his bridge crew laughing with him.
My Website

PreviousNext