Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

RE: Exordium

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:42

Chapter Eleven
"All Fall Down"

The Planet Kylle

Syakotus stood with Anuska who had the Husky Rex sat at her side. They both watched the trees waving from side to side in the wind. The sky was dark shadowing out everything except for the Spectre Knights camp lights. In the distance from the trees came the sounds of howling. Rex stood up on all four paws and howled back, while wagging his tail. “Why does he howl back?” Anuska asked.
“Because they call to him and he is just answering that call. I suspect a part of him wants to join them.” Syakotus explained.
“Are we going to stay with these soldiers?” She asked again.
“While we stay with them you will be safer than just with me.”
Both the girl and Syakotus turned from the sound of approaching foot steps from behind them.
“Why have you come back Crimson Fist?” Captain Kallis asked.
“I do not know. All I do know is I was drawn here.”
“By what?”
Syakotus looked up at the black sky towards the stars and tried to think of the past events that had led him here. He could remember a lot more now than he could before he left the strange Astartes. Even he wondered why they helped him. “I am not certain. I remember much but it comes to me in small fragments. What I do not remember though is slaying this Commander of yours. But my memory comes in pieces.”
Kallis tilted his head listening to the distant sound of howling wolves. “That sound is quite soothing I think. Anyway we leave within the hour. You can stay or come with us.” Kallis said.
“We will take the girl with us and drop her off somewhere safe for you when were finished on this ball of ice, if that’s what you want.”
Anuska grappled both of her arms around Syakotus’s leg squeezing tightly. “No don’t leave me behind.” She begged.
“I will not leave you behind alone. You have my word.” Syakotus explained while picking her up. Again the howling started and again rex howled back.
“I don’t want Rex to go.” Anuska said with a tear rolling down her cheek.
“He will not leave you while you need him.” Syakotus added.

Lord Kraken stood by the fleet of parked thunderhawks covered in snow from the soft snow fall. The wind carried a gentle breeze with it bouncing in between the parked fleet of Black Legion vessels. Arumik stood at his lord’s side with his hand clasped firmly around the bone coloured pole of his psychic staff. His cloak flapped about gently with the winds guzzling. Kraken removed his black helm with its large horns on either side. His face was half reptilian and half human; a great deal of his skin was covered in scales. He stroked his narrow chin with his hand. The armoured fingers were long and sharp ended, like claws from a wild animal. Hanging down from his back flapping about under the guzzling wind was his black and thick fur cape, hanging from golden chains and dragged over his shoulder guards. Hung over his cape from chains that covered his chest armour to his back in its scabbard was his mighty deamon sword.
“My lord I have failed you.” Arumik explained bowing his head in shame.
“It matters not Koldur Lord of torment ruler of the third fleet of the Emperor’s children’s fleet have arrived. Bringing the tread of death with them. So with his aide I shall acquire the sunken hulk. So it is by the gods of chaos I spare your life.”
Arumik remained bowed in Krakens presence. “I have sighted a Crimson Fist in the mist of our battle with the Imperial Astartes.”
Kraken smiled turning his back on Arumik. “It matters not he is proberly an exile. I have knowledge that another is on his way. It fits into place the other seeks this one. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Haaa ha ha ha ha.” Kraken bellowed.
Ectar approached them both grinning with joy. “My Lord we have located the Imperial Astartes. They are at the far end of the forest.”
Kraken placed his helm back on his head and started to step aboard the thunderhawk he stood by.
“I will return to the vessel so as I may instruct Koldur on my plans. Arumik do not fail me again.”
“No my master.”
Ectar watched the thunderhawks engines roar up lifting the grotesquely decorated vessel rise up into the night sky. “Do you have a plan in mind Arumik.” Ectar asked.
“Yes we will attack them from the sky. And their blood will stain this white landscape.”

Kallis sat up front in the darkness of the claustrophic land raider watching as the wind blew the snow more rapidly. Behind him Devern the techmarine looked over his shoulder watching the two marines steer the massive armoured tank through the thickly layered snow. The sky was beginning to turn grey adjusting from the nightlight. “Why have you allowed that Crimson fist to join us. I do not trust him he killed three of our own the other day.”
“He defended himself from Brother Toby. We would have done the same.” Kallis snapped.
“That is because we stand on different sides Captain.”
Kallis turned to face the Techmarine looking him square on. “Why must you question me Devern? The Crimson Fist is a genetic of Rogal Dorn, as are we. It is our duty to honour that.”
Devern looked away from his Captain. “We are no longer part of that Imperium we once served to let this exile accompany us is just suicide.”
“Is this your opinion or the opinion of others.” Kallis rose up from his seat reaching up to the top hatch.
“We are so few that even I think our time in this universe is coming to an end. The opinion is shared throughout.”
“Just what are you saying Devern.” Kallis asked stopping himself from opening the hatch.
“I’m not saying anything but you have to admit your command choices are questionable.”
Kallis ignored the remark of Devern and opened the hatch, he pulled him self up to see for himself the road ahead. The night sky had completely turned colour to the morning grey.
Not a living thing could be seen through the heavy snowfall, yet in the distance the sound of thrusters could be heard though the sound remained faint, Kallis knew they weren’t from his convoy. He dropped back down into the land raider. “We’ve got incoming.

Syakotus watched from the rhino’s front window the trees move as though something other than the wind moved through them. He looked down at Brother Quinn to see if he’d noticed the strange movement. Suddenly the bio scanner started to flash irregularly, blips began to appear all over the screen. Syakotus reached for his thunderhammer resting in the doorway, he swiped it in his hand. Anuska watched his movements with concern pressed across her young face, “What’s wrong Syke.” She asked.
Syakotus looked down at her. “Anuska whatever happens I will not leave you here. If we get split up I will find you. I promise you that.”
Anuska began to tremble in fear with each bump the rhino felt she felt twice over. “I’m scared.” She said, with a tear rolling down her cheek.
“Don’t be. I promise you I will not leave you here.”
Some kind of powerful blast impacted against the rhino no sooner had Syakotus finished his sentence.
“Hold on their back.” Quinn bellowed.

Bikes flew from out of the trees in the air, then landing just metres away from the Spectre Knights convoy, skidding into some of the rhinos knocking into them.
The snow began to turn into a blizzard creating its own kind of white fog.
Ectar sped up to catch up to the lead rhino rising up and then leaping from his bike to land feet down on the roof of the still moving armoured carrier. He ploughed his power sword into its roof. The top hatched opened forcing Ectar to stop what he was doing and watch as his attacker was pulling himself from the open hatch.

Syakotus leapt from the hatch his sight impaired by the mist coming in from nowhere, with his thunderhammer firmly clasped in both hands and swinging it from side to side. He dashed across the roof of the moving vehicle almost losing his footing. Yet he managed to swing his thunderhammer violently into Ectar’s chest. Without warning the rhino stopped dead in its tracks, throwing both men from the roof stumbling into the snow below. Ectar was the first to land thudding his great body into the thick layers of snow with a hard slam.
Syakotus stumbled landing on both feet yet losing the ability to keep his balance, he fell to both knees forcing both hands down to maintain what balance he had left.
Slowly Ectar managed to pull himself back to his feet, still holding his power sword
He lunged the blade into Syakotus’s shoulder guard, while he was still on all fours. The Crimson Fist fell back releasing his grip from his thunderhammer. Ectar retracted his sword and began to kick Syakotus continuously in his bare head. Blood began to discharge from his new facial wounds.

Paladin steered his lead bike into the looming Black legion bikers racing towards him, with one hand pointing straight ahead holding his bolt pistol he started to take pot shots. The chamber pinged with every bolt shell discharged, until the chamber ran empty. Still steering his bike using his best manoeuvrability he turned inwards crashing into the closest legionnaire biker. Sparks flew from both bikes knocking the attacker from his. Paladin quickly drew his chain sword revving it up. He leapt from his seat into another of the legionnaires forcing the warrior from his bike. Both men somersaulted backwards landing in the snow. The chaos marine throw a punch towards Paladin, who intercepted the aggression cutting the marines arm from the elbow down, with his chain sword.
Paladin started charging through the grizzly winds stomping each foot step heavily into the snow. “Come on then fight me.” He taunted.
The sound of blazing gun fire raged up in his direction, followed by a sudden thumping pain in his back, following through to his stomach and chest. Paladin suddenly felt a heavy burden fill his body forcing him to his knees. Again he felt the pain of thudding in his back forcing him to look down and witness his blood begin to spurt out from his chest. Slowly he dropped his chain sword watching it sink into the snow, followed by the heavy burden of keeping his eyes open. A second later he dropped face down into the snow, surrounded by his own clotted blood, that now stained the white.
My Website
http://www.ravenstone.karoo.net
Some good places to add Your Fiction.
http://www.writingforums.org/
http://forum.blpublishing.com/

http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/

Due To Cut Backs The Light At The End Of The Tunnel Will Now Be Switched Off

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:43

The black Legion chaos marines stood in the shadows of the trees firing their bolters in all directions some had rocket launchers with rockets flying into anything big enough to destroy. Others charged into the Spectre Knights, with chains swords roaring in the heat of battle. Marines from both sides fell into the snow some dead many wounded. Those wounded that the chaos marines approach simply drove their chain swords into them, ensuring no survivors. Many of the Spectre Knights dropped to their deaths from the sudden ferocity of the attack. The sound of bolter fire must have carried for miles around.

Devern followed Captain kallis from the land raider ready to engage the Black Legion space marines in close combat, but stopped dead to the sound of thrusters overhead. “DOWN.” He screamed, whilst witnessing the sight of yellow streaks trailing from missile’s streaking down towards the convoy. Both he and Kallis were thrown forwards face down into the snow from the explosions convulsing across the ground, destroying the rhinos. Kallis tried to stand but the sound of ringing in both his ears had stunned him. The techmarine pulled himself up to feel the thudding of bolter shells slam into his chest. Devern staggered back trying to keep is footing but the more he did the more bolt shells slammed into his armour. Blood poured down his chest from the blast wounds in his thick ceramite armour.
Kallis turned onto his back to see Devern fall backwards a in a shower of his own blood.
He tried to call out but couldn’t the sound from the raging bolter fire deafened out everything. “We were so very close.” He muttered to himself.
Slowly he crawled away into the trees for sanctuary, witnessing his Brothers slaughter.

Brother Quinn remained in his seat at the helm of the lead rhino, only three other Spectre Knights remained with him and Anuska with her Husky. “Drive Brother For Dorns sake drive.” Brother Darrin cried looking up from the hatch, watching as the remaining Spectre Knights became wiped out from the air attack of the black grotesquely decorated thunderhawks firing shot after shot into the fleeing Spectre’s.
Quinn revved up the engines to full spitting snow and ice up from the tracks with the movement of the heavily armoured carrier.
“What about Syke? What about Syke.” Anuska screamed.
“He’s dead child they’re all dead now.” Quinn muttered leaving the battle scene unnoticed under the fog from the blizzard.

Arumik approached Ectar followed by his guards fighting each step he took under the violent winds. “I think Lord Kraken will be pleased to know our resistance is dealt with.”
Ectar smiled.
Arumik could barely see the champions face through the raging blizzard. “What are you smiling for?” He questioned.
“I have caught myself a Crimson Fist.”
Arumik stood at Ectar’s side to looking down on the unconscious Crimson Fist laid on his back in the snow.
“I suggest you have him delivered to Lord Kraken so he can be interrogated. He must be the one who that psychic seeks out.”

Rogue trader Ship Shinning Star
En-Route to Planet Kylle E.T.A. 2 Hours

The lighting throughout the bridge was very dim leaving only console lights flickering. Grailin stood firmly watching everything that surrounded him remaining on alert, yet deep in thought. The conversations of the crew echoed in his mind but still he felt as though someone was hiding something from him, something like a psychic block. The thoughts pondering since he’d over heard the rogue trader Ivan Von Cappella whispering words into the females ear. Time had passed and Grailin had remained still since he entered the Shining Stars Bridge, one hand tightly gripping the pole of his psychic staff. Slowly he was beginning to realise that there was a psychic presence nearby, and what ever was causing it was very powerful indeed. Slowly he turned to see the female warrior stood behind him watching him. Her hair was long and wavy drooping down to her thighs. She wore a black leather cat suit tightly against her skin, holstered at her waist she carried a golden las pistol. “Von Cappella requests your presence in his chambers if you follow me I will show you the way.” She asked.
“He requests my presence, I think not I am not one of his lackeys.”
“Oh he knows. Humour me.”
Grailin followed her from the bridge and into the long and finely detail corridor. The floor was layered in a green marble and clean to the touch. The lights hung like lamp lights from the walls every metre apart. Grailin followed the woman through a set of double doors that led into Cappella’s chambers. She turned to leave closing the doors behind her. The room was covered in oak wood furniture a desk in the far corner and Imperial flags on the walls, the floor was covered in a shag pile red carpet. Grailin looked through the darkness of the room to the window which was covered over by a silk red curtain, then further into the room to see Cappella sat in the shadows at his oak wood desk.
“Why have you requested my presence.” Grailin asked.
“We have nearly reached your destination Astartes.”
Grailin slowly walked across to the far wall looking at a poster of the catachan’s guard flag. “Why do you have a catachan flag.”
Cappella stepped out from the shadows of his room. “I once supplied them and they gave me this as a gift.” Cappella smiled.
Grailin sensed another presence. “Your lying.”
Cappella stepped back slowly with a flush of sweat begin to real from his forehead.
Grailin ran his fingers down the flag slightly lifting it away from the wall revealing something else.
“It was just a gift why does it interest you so.” Cappella asked with a hint of nervousness filling his voice.
Grailin yanked the flag from the wall letting it drop to the red carpet in a pile. Suddenly he’d realised that their was someone hiding behind a psychic presence blocking his mind. Grailin looked closely at the image painted to the wall; it was the mark of Slaanesh. Without another thought Grailin spun around with a psychic bolt hovering above his staff and both eyes becoming black to face Cappella. “Were are they.” Grailin bellowed, in a voice that echoed. Cappella backed up knocking into his desk and stumble past the chair fearing for his life, yet he still tapped his wrists vox unit. “Tania get in here.”
The doors burst open slamming into the walls. Grailin turned to see the female warrior advance towards him followed by four Mohawk guards. “Please.” He said sarcastically letting the lighting flow from his staff through the air and slam into them knocking them through the air and onto their backs.
Grailin returned his attention on the crawling Cappella, he charged over to him and picking him up in one hand. “I will not ask again. Were are They?”
“Here.” Came a slithery voice from behind.
Grailin released his grip on Cappella letting the large man stumble to the floor. Stood in the doorway was seven chaos space marines all of which had bolt guns aimed at Grailins head. Their armour was pink with mesmerising decorations built into the ceramite, and outlined in black. From the centre of the Slaanesh marines a psychic stepped out into sight. His armour was pink down the left side with black down the right side a black cape trailed across the floor behind him. From his collar came a slight glow of red slightly lighting up his neck and chin. His skin was pale white, with black beady eyes dreadlocks from his scalp hung down to his deamonic face shoulder guards, a fork tongue occasionally slithered over his lips.
Grailin drew deep inside his consciousness and summoned a psychic sphere of Swirling energy hovering above his palm to attack the chaos marines with, but he wasn’t quick enough. He saw a streak of light and then everything went black.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:44

Chapter Twelve
“Rage, Hatred, Torture”

Imperial Flag ship Burning Star
En-rout To Planet Kylle E.T.A. 29 Hours

“I still believe we should have left one of the fleet ships in orbit of Kytunious 9x3”
“I disagree if we had have done then the fleet would be more vulnerable to imminent attack.”
Captain Lykran watched Both Inquisitor Fitz Lorian and Admiral Sebastian Ormarr study the red holographic image of the Kyllous system hovering above the heliolithic table centred at the stratagem operations part of the bridge high up on the tall gothic balcony high above the lower bridge crew. Ormarr was positioned at the centre of the table with both hands placed at the edge. The area was covered mostly in darkness with the exception of the hologram and the control lights. Surrounding the table was the commanders of the other five imperial fleet ships. Lykran stood firmly behind Lorian holding his black helm under his arm and resting his back on the banister over looking the bridge below.
“I still believe we should have left one of the fleet ships in orbit of Kytunious 9x3” Ormarr had argued.
“I disagree if we had have done then the fleet would be more vulnerable to imminent attack.” Lorian had argued.
“One ship from the fleet could be what makes the difference.” Lorian explained.
Ormarr stepped back from the table. “Serv 11 can we have a detailed chart of the planet Kylle.” He requested.
From up above the tall bridge a servitor hovered down from the ceiling connected to a set of wires and a metallic arm strapped to his waist. The servitor flicked a switch making the hologram change to the planet Kylle. “Can our long range sensors pick up any other traffic?” Lorian asked.
The servitor made a bleeping sound then changed the hologram, letting it reveal a large vessel the size of the Burning star drifting around the orbit of Kylle. “There do you see it.” Lorian pointed. The admiral and his commanders looked in ore at the drifting vessel. “There’s a good bet there are more.” Commander Ventris pointed out.
“What about the rogue trader’s ship.” Lykran asked.
“Forget that for now we can intercept that en rout. We must assume that vessel is hostile.” Lorain explained.
“We will make a joint attack on that thing with the combined effort of the fleet we should successfully cripple it.” Ormarr began to explain.
“I have two hundred storm troopers ready to deploy once we cripple it admiral.” Commander Brownlow announced.
“Use them. My Kill team need to be deployed on the surface of Kylle. We need to retrieve that Space Hulk before they do.” Lykran said.
The vox unit on the wall began to bleep flashing red from the wall panel it was attached to.
“Yes.” Ormarr said flipping it.
“Sorry to interrupt sir. But we have just received a communication from Lord Commander Clemmens. He has despatched more fleet ships to join your armada. And he has also requested the presence of another Astartes ship.”
The vox unit sizzled out.
“Ok commanders Inquisitor, Captain lykran we know what has to be done. Let us get to it.” Ormarr finished turning the vox panel off.

E.T.A. 20 Hours

Brother Fontain stood alone at the centre of the Burning Stars training hall attired only in robes with a hood covering most of his face, surrounded by total darkness. He kept his eyes firmly closed and his heartbeats slow while letting his mind drift elsewhere.
The traitors the Sons of Horus began to surround him one by one, they approached with their blade’s held out wide ready to attack. But Fontain found he was quicker and more agile then they could be. Using his strength he wielded his sword at the first slaying him without breaking sweat. Another pounced out from the darkness but Fontain anticipated the attack and parried him off before crushing his skull with his free bare hand. Another attacked and yet again Fontain found his strength alone was more than enough to deal with the traitors. After he’d slayed the last he began again down the darkness of Horus’s battle barge looking for his Emperor to rejoin him at his side. He stopped in his tracks as five others jumped him from behind, he tried to look at his attackers but it was too dark. Noticing that they seemed somewhat weaker than a normal Astartes they had barely the strength to tackle him. Yet he threw them through the air one by one. Then stopped to watch one of them roll across the marble floor and disappear in the darkness surrounding him. Fontain leapt high up letting anger consume him. He landed and rolled over knocking into another of the weaker soldiers, rising up using his palm to smack the soldier into the nose, the man fell back. Fontain ran across the marble floor wondering were the corridors had gone. Had he been teleported somewhere else, it mattered not he felt his rage running through his veins like running water. Holding his staff in one hand he reached it out slamming it into another of the attacking soldiers. Realizing that these soldiers were defiantly not Astartes but proberly traitor guardsmen that had chosen to follow the traitor’s banner of Horus. One after another the soldiers tried to grapple with him forcing him to the ground but his strength and uncontrollable thirst seemed somehow to make him even stronger. Not only did he feel stronger and an uncontrollable thirst for blood he felt his body moving faster than it should be. Using his hand he began to swing his staff like a propeller knocking soldier after soldier down.
“BROTHER FONTAIN, BROTHER FONTAIN.” He heard some one shout out loudly. And then he suddenly stopped.
Slowly the Blood Drinker began to take control of his sense’s slowing his breathing, yet wondering were he was. Opening his eyes to see the light of the training hall starting to brighten up.
“What have you done Brother.” Ivan called from the doorway.
Fontain looked around the training hall dropping his chain sword and psychic staff. With a clang that echoed. The black marble floor of the training hall was covered with thirty or more Imperial guardsmen groaning in pain none of them standing. Many of the apparatus had been destroyed or hacked away.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:44

“I ask you again Brother what have you done.” Ivan asked again this time he approached the Blood Drinker with caution.
“I…I thought they were attacking me.”
Ivan looked up at the librarian and frowned. “Attacking you, you say. No Brother they tried to restrain you when attacked them I saw you myself you were going bezerk and destroying all their training equipment.” Ivan explained.
“If I didn’t know better I’d say you entered some kind of blood thirsty rage.”
Still hiding his eyes under his cloak and hood Fontain bowed his head and began to leave the hall.
“Lucky for you Fontain none are dead.”
Fontain ignored the remark as he began to leave the hall.
“Brother you are troubled I can see that. I think after we have finished on Kylle you should speak of your troubles with a Chaplain.” Ivan called out watching the Blood Drinker leave.
Ivan bent down to one of the injured soldiers “What happened soldier?” He asked.
The injured man lifted his head letting blood trickle down from his lips. “I don’t know. We entered the hall for drill as normal this time of day and he began to attack us. He wore no armour so we attempted to stop him. But we were no match for him.”
Ivan smiled at the soldier as he helped him to his feet. “He is Astartes. Your kind are no match for our kind with or without our blessed armour.”
“You miss understand me, he thought as though possessed by something.”
“Explain yourself.”
“He thought with a rage I’ve not seen the like of in my lifetime.”
Ivan watched the others groaning but eventually they began to stand though they were battered and bruised none were seriously injured. “You will not speak of this to your commanders. If anyone asks it was a case of mistaken identity.”
The soldier coughed spitting out a tooth. “You need not fear me of that. I have no wish to quarrel with your kind.”
Ivan laughed at the mans words then patted him on the back, come I think you need a stiff drink.”

Rogue Trader Vessel Shining Star
En-rout to the planet Kylle Present Path Stopped

Grailin opened his eyes slowly his body still creaking with pain. His arms were strapped to chains hanging from above and his feet were spread out and shackled to chains from the dirt ridden floor below. It was as though he was suspended in the air, and spread out like a star. He looked up from the ground to see the Emperor’s children Sorcerer watching him. “You are awake then.”
Grailin looked away from the man to see another of the Chaos marines guarding the doorway. “What is it you want from me?” He asked.
“What makes you presume I want anything from you?”
“I am still alive so you want something.”
The sorcerer moved towards him letting his cape trail behind across the dirt gathered amongst the floor, he held a spike in one hand and a drill head in the other.
“Why have you a vested interest in the planet Kylle?”
Grailin looked away from the traitor and spat at his feet. “I will introduce myself to you, my name is Ortumis of the Emperor’s children.”
Grailin looked up at the pale face staring back at him. “You are a traitor and a heretic your name is nothing to me.” Then he spat into Ortumis’s face.
The sorcerer wiped the phlegm from his face. “You will regret that, I assure you.”
Ortumis stabbed Grailin in his left shoulder with the long spike and then stuck the drill head in his other shoulder. “I believe I kept you alive so as I could give you pain.” Ortumis laughed letting his fork tongue slither out licking his lips. “There will be no quick death for you exile.”
Grailin said nothing to retaliate instead he tried to preserve his strength for his torture.
“I want his ear. Yes I have decided I want the ear of a librarian.” Ortumis laughed while picking out a very crude looking rusted knife with a curved blade. He hovered the blade above Grailins right ear then decided to slice down. Grailin closed his eyes trying to picture his home world in his mind. Ortumis Sliced off Grailins ear letting the blood drip down from the crude gash he’d just made. Holding the ear up to examine it he began to lick it with his forked tongue. “I like this ear of yours.” He laughed while watching Grailin trying to hide his pain. “Can you hear me.” Ortumis laughed again.
Forcing himself to look up at the traitor again Grailin smiled. “Why are you smiling at me.”
“Because I will kill you with my bare hands, and I will watch your life fade from you personally.”
“Ha ha ha ha ha haaa haa ha ha ha. You are in no position to make threats at me.”
Ortumis put his hand under his cloak then produced a hand flamer, Grailin watched the sorcerer play with it for a minute or two. Ortumis shoved the flamer up into the left side of his face. “I think you deserve some more pain.” With that he pulled the trigger letting out a burst of raw flames into Grailins left cheek. Gritting his teeth Grailin tried hard not to scream the pain was intense he used all his might to block it out. Yet he felt the intenseness of the flame burn into his face melting the side of his left cheek. Ortumis pulled the weapon back and laughed at the Librarian. Then Grailin felt his brain begin to boil and bubble he wasn’t sure whether it was a mind trick or if the sorcerer was trying to boil his brain. A second later he felt his vision going then memories flickering through him. He could see Captain Syakotus commander of the fifth company. A second later he visualized the tower that had crushed into the sea with Syakotus on the planet Proticou. Followed by the memory of his exile from the chapter. “Why is it you seek this Crimson Fist Captain of yours.” Ortumis asked.
“So we now know this he is on Kylle. Grailin bowed his head in relief from the pain he’d just endured. Ortumis took a small canister of acid from the shelf by the doorway, opening the cap he tipped the acid over the burnt side of Grailins flesh.
“Does it hurt.” Ortumis taunted.
The librarian ignored Ortumis trying hard to ignore his pain but the spike embedded in his shoulder began to sting, whatever it had been dipped in, the venom was now running through Grailins veins paralyzing him from the neck down.

En-rout To Planet Kylle E.T.A. 10 Hours

“Admiral.” Lieutenant Carson, called out from his station.
“Report.” Came the Admirals reply from the balcony above over looking the bridge. He looked down on his bridge crew resting both his hands on the darkened oak wooded banister.
“Our long range sensors have picked up the rogue trader’s vessel Burning Star seven ours from our current position. Also the vessel isn’t moving she appears to be drifting lifelessly. ”
From behind Admiral Ormarr Captain Lykran emerged tower over the tall Admiral. “Could be because the Crimson fist Librarian has discovered the true origins of the crew and began to slay them as we speak.”
Ormarr stood up straight positioning his hands behind his back. “Set course for the rogue trader.” He then ordered.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:46

Chapter Thirteen
"Contact"

Imperial Fleet Led By Flag Ship Burning Star.
En Rout To The Planet Kylle E.T.A. 3 Hours

‘Amid the weeping and the woe,
Accursed Daemon remain and rot,
I know thee filthy as thou art,
I know.’

The words sent a shiver up Captain Lykran’s spine, for they spoke of things few men were allowed to know, but his position as Captain of the Deathwatch granted him knowledge that the authorities had few means of barring from him. For most, daemons were the terrifying creatures of nightmares. Real, most certainly, but kept at bay by prayer and the eternal vigilance of the God-Emperor of Mankind.
The door behind him slid open letting the light from the corridor drift in across the floor lighting up his black armour, while he remain knelt down on one knee with the tip of his sword resting on the floor and the butt of his bare forehead pressed against the long handle.
“Have your kill team ready. We will reach the rogue traders ship in less than an hour.” Inquisitor Lorian ordered.
“My team has been ready for sometime now Inquisitor.”
“You seem troubled my friend.” Lorian queried.
“I understand your reluctance to return to Kylle, but it is a necessity.” Lorian explained.
Lykran rose to his feet turning to face the Inquisitor. “I do not question that. But I sense I will meet some old ghosts there.” Lykran began to explain.
“I sense the stench of Chaos at work here. The events on Kytunious 9x3 have taught me that. I believe it will take much more than this fleet to cleanse this system.”
Lorian placed his hand to rest on Lykran’s left shoulder guard. “Rest assured this system will be cleansed but not by us. Our mission is to retrieve the Space Hulk. And that alone is our mission. However I know you have a vested interest in retrieving that Crimson Fist Librarian so I grant you that opportunity.”
Lykran sheathed his power sword back in its scabbard that hung from his waist.
“Besides Retrieving him may contribute to the mission.”
Captain Lykran placed his armoured hand to rest on Lorian’s shoulder and smiled down at the Inquisitor. “It could do just that.” He chuckled whilst following Lorian out from his quarters.

Brother Librarian Fontain knelt alone in his quarters on one knee attired in his silk robes with his head bent down in prayer. Surrounding him was a set of old scented candles slowly burning down lighting up the darkness that surrounded him like a sheet. The thoughts of Sanguinius’ S death occupied his mental thoughts rapidly, yet he fought the raging thirst that now swelled from within him like a hungry wolf looking for the kill. Through his thought he smelt the aroma from the scented candles which helped the Librarian to meditate his thoughts and keep his mind focused on the now. The sound of his door opening forced him from meditation and he turned to glimpse his guest. Stood blocking the light Sergeant Ivan of the Ultramarines watched the Blood Drinker rise to greet him. “I wish I knew what troubles you Fontain, if I did maybe then I could help you.”
Though Fontain’s hood hid his eyes from sight Ivan saw the smile that pressed across his face. “You are a true friend Ivan; listen to me when I say I assure you my troubles will end on Kylle.”
Ivan’s face looked puzzled and he rubbed his bald head with a most concerned looked. “Have you glimpsed the future is it that what has troubled you.”
Fontain let his hood slide back revealing his blood shot red eyes with a metallic glow of silver under the low candle light. “No Brother I have not glimpsed the future but I do know my own forsaken destiny is unavoidable.”

One Hour Later
2 hours travel from the planet Kylle

Ivan von Cappella stood at his bridge watching the darkness that surrounded the Shining Star, and behind him stood Tania his second in command. His Servitors scuttled between consoles making sure the vessels operations worked properly. Cappella’s attention was distracted as a flash of light lit up the darkness outside. Then came a second burst of light this time the white light blinded out the bridge and its crew. Still shielding his eyes Cappella tempted a look and to his amazement he witnessed the site of five gigantic Imperial war ships emerge from a tear that had appeared in the vastness of space. He dashed across the bridge to his vox unit “Ortumis we have Imperial Company.” He bellowed.
A second later the side of the bridge ripped apart then a rush of flames followed through, throwing him and his bridge crew across the floor. Sparks began to fly from all corners and operation stations on the bridge. Cappella landed hard into the side wall butting his head. A splash of blood squirted out from the newly formed gash across his forehead. Slowly he tried to stand, and again he was thrown across the floor in a violent quake. The forward windows smashed and shattered spreading across the metallic floor then a second later flew back out into the darkness followed by the pressure sucking the servitors out from the smashed windows. Tania grabbed one of the consoles trying to stay inside the shining star. A back draft of flames came flooding through and smothered the bridge in smoke, Tania lost her grip and flew out through the window along with the remaining oxygen.
Cappella managed to retreat from the bridge but only to witness a gush of flames consume the corridor he’d just retreated to.
Again the Shining Star shook from the impact of the Imperial ships firing plasma blast across the hull, ripping away the metal and bolts that held together.
A further volley of shots smashed into the rear guard of the vessel disintegrating the engines. More of the crew blew out into the coldness of space.
A burst of back drafts flooded the interior of the vessel causing more explosions and excessive damage.

Captain Lykran stood hovering over Brother Byrne watching him carefully gliding the thunderhawk into the burning dock of the Shining Star. “Helms on.” He ordered.
The five Deathwatch marines donned their Helms fixing them firmly into place. Brother Byrne slowly glided the thunderhawk through the raging flames watching each gush try to reach out to them and then die back down letting another grow. The flames had engulfed the Shining Star and its floating debris. The crew watched the landing bay grow closer and closer and the smoke that escaped like venting plasma. Byrne clenched his fingers tightly around the steering stick and tilted the nose of the thunderhawk downwards letting the crew tilt forwards with the motion, and entered the smoke flooded landing bay. Smoke flooded across the cockpit windows staining the glass black forcing Byrne to looked to his sensors monitoring the trajectory path The Marines felt a slight wrenching in their stomachs with the impact of the hawk as it touched down on the burning bay. “Lock and Load were going in Brothers.” Lykran announced.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:47

Chapter Fourteen
“Deconstruction Of A Falling Angel”

Rogue Trader Vessel Shining Star

Grailin hung almost lifelessly from his shackles hanging down from the black ceiling above. His body remained still and paralyzed from the sedative within the spike Ortumis had stabbed him with. The torture room was filled with all kinds of torturous devices. By the doorway stood an Emperors children chaos space marine guarding with his bolter pressed against his chest. The marines armour was pink with images of demonic faces that looked as though they were screaming from the ceramite. Ortumis stood in front of him with a large curved blade musing what he would do next. Though Grailin tried constantly to bring a force of lightening to crack the shackles he was bonded to he couldn’t, He still felt the psychic block Ortumis was holding over him. Ortumis positioned the blade to hover over Grailins left elbow musing which part to slice through, when suddenly his attention was broke by the vox unit crackling then the sound of Ivan Von Cappella’s Voice.

“Ortumis we have Imperial Company.”

Grailin raised his head with a smile pressed across his face slowly he could feel the psychic block fade away from his mental abilities.
A second later the Shining star rocked violently throwing both Ortumis and the guard to the ground. Again Grailin felt his mental block lift. A second shockwave shook them this time bringing down pieces of the ceiling, followed by sparks dancing in wisps. Grailin remained in suspension from his shackles holding him tightly until a third shock wave brought half the ceiling down. Still hanging from his left arm he watched the guard fly across the room to land face down across the metallic floor and Ortumis slam against the wall to slide down on his back.
It was then when Grailin felt his psyche come back, without hesitation he summoned lightening to engulf his body breaking the chains and letting him drop to the floor.
The guard rose up to his knees looking for his fallen bolter then noticing Grailin was free he unhooked his blade and charged at the Librarian. Grailin jumped to his feet landing on one foot while spinning into a round house kick, he slammed his foot into the chaos marine’s neck snapping his instantly.
Ortumis rose up behind Grailin; he turned to see the psychic move towards him and slapped him across the face with the back of his hand. Ortumis dropped onto his back. Still feeling the heat wave of pain across his face he turned to jump onto Ortumis’s chest. “You are still weak Crimson fist.” Ortumis taunted moments before stabbing Grailin through the stomach. This time Ortumis swatted Grailin across the face knocking him down.
Rolling across the floor the librarian managed to roll straight into Ortumis knocking him back, a second later he jumped to his feet and removed the drill head and spike from both of his shoulder guards and carefully threw them towards Ortumis, the drill head spun past his head, but the spike landed firmly in his neck. Staggering back Ortumis tried to remove the spike from his pale white flesh of his bare neck black blood trickled past his fingers and dripped down to the floor. “I promised you I would take your life with my bare hands. Look at me you bastard you mutilated me.” Without warning Grailin pounced on Ortumis both men stumbled to the ground and rolled from one side of the room and back again. Yet Grailin clasped both hands around the sorcerers neck using both his thumbs to put more pressure on the gullet he bagan strangling him and slowly watching his life drain away until Ortumis’s head rolled to the side followed by a trickle of black blood seeping from his mouth and nose. Then a volley of shockwaves shook across the Shining Star creating a mass of internal explosions and back drafts knocking the controls and life support of the vessel offline. A flood of smoke engulfed the torture room followed by a river of flames, which brought down the ceiling hovering above Grailin.

The Thunderhawk groaned open, the hiss of pressurised air gusting from within. Five warriors clad in black ceramite armour with their left arm a dark metallic silver scripted with litany across the arm marched from the mighty gunship. Gigantic shoulder guards pillaring from their upper arms one side with their chapter emblem and the other the mark of the Inquisition. Three of the Astartes carried their weapons pressed against their chest, One carried a heavy bolter letting a trail of wires scrape across the floor. “Bryne take point, anything moves kill it.” Lykran ordered.
Bryne was the first off the thunderhawk stepping through the heat wave and of flames under the flickering lights slowly he walked across the landing bay towards the doorway out. Sergeant Ivan followed him holding his bolter forwards. Behind him Fontain followed holding his psychic staff in one hand and his bolt pistol in the other. His face covered by his hood hiding his eyes from the others. Behind Him Captain Lykran followed with one hand clasped firmly onto the handle of his power sword which now glowed in a soft red.
The sound of alarms screeched out throughout the whole of the Shining Star
One by one the slowly they walked into the corridors flickering red lights, and one by one the slowly moved watching for anything aggressive to jump from the shadows. Fontain dropped to one knee closing his eyes trying to push back the thirst that was trying to consume him. “Brother are you alright.” Lykran Asked, dropping down besides the Blood Drinker.
“We have company.” Byrne called out.
Both Brother Affern and Kajun took up the lead holding their bolters poised forwards.
From the shadows to Mohawk men appeared armed with combat shot guns the first of the two fired a volley of shots off towards the deathwatch marines. Affern dropped to his knees and fired of a shot of bolt shells. The chamber pinged after every shot made. The first of the Mohawk men dropped to his face in his own pool of blood. The second opened fire hitting Affern in the shoulder. The shells bounced off his armour but still he stumbled back. Kajun jumped in front of him firing his bolter at the man three bolt shells thudded into the bare torso of the attacker killing him instantly in a fountain of his own blood and guts as he exploded across the corridor.
“I sense another psychic here.” Fontain announced while rising back to his feet.
“Could be the Crimson Fist.” Lykran cautioned.

The deeper the deathwatch marines walked through the vessel the more sparks flew about flames had engulfed the better half of the Shining Star. Leaving nothing more than empty rooms and long corridors filled with smoke. Kajun was on point holding his auspex out watching the shadows from the corners of his eyes. A second later and he stopped.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:48

Ivan approached him looking down at the auspex. “Captain we have company.” Kajun announced.
“were?” Asked Lykran.
Across that hall in what looks like a torture chamber.” Ivan added, looking past the flames reaching up to the now burning ceiling.
“Down.” Byrne bellowed as a volley of bolt shells passed the top of his black helm.
Fontain turned raising his arm out to point his staff at towards the two attackers. “Chaos I knew I smelt there stentch.” He muttered. Slowly the two chaos marines advanced towards them through the black smoke that filled the corridors like a thick fog. Fontain closed his eyes to summon a ball of flames flexing his fingers tightly around the pole of his psychic staff the flames emerged the eagle head. The first of the chaos marines fired his bolter aiming each shot towards the Blood Drinker. Bang.
An explosion of flames combust inside the traitors head killing him instantly, while the shockwave threw the other into the wall.
“Ivan stay with Fontain and cover us. Byrne, Affern, Kajun Follow me.”
Ivan dropped to his chest firing off shell after shell into the smoke aiming blindly at the Emperors children. “Chaos scum.” He muttered after each shot fired.

Fontain sprinted towards another two who emerged from the smoke, spinning his staff he attacked one with the staffs and while the eagle head was slammed into the other. Both warriors dropped to the metallic floor with a clang. Raising his staff above his head Fontain brought the base down and slammed it hard into the chest of one of the fallen men. Blood squirted up like a fountain before clotting. He licked his lips from the sight while raising the staff again to repeat his actions. It was then when he realised his anger beginning to boil through his veins like a runaway train. “Aaaaarrrrrgh.” He screamed turning towards the other of the two marines and slammed his staff continuously into the fallen warrior. Blood began to splash across his own armour but still he rammed the staff through the chaos warriors chest then face.

Ivan watched in horror what Fontain was doing rising up from his chest still keeping his bolter poised forward he stood in ore as Fontain began attacking another warrior emerge from the smoke and flames. Ivan slowly approached yet with caution towards Fontain the Blood Drinker. Blood splashed across his face the closer he approached Fontain. Ivan opened his mouth in pure horror at the site of Fontain eating the flesh from one of the fallen chaos marines face’s.
“Brother what are you doing.” He called.

Fontain stopped, dropping to his knees releasing his grip of the psychic staff he clenched both his fists together tightly fighting the blood thirst and raging anger that flood through his veins.
Tilting his head up letting his hood fall back, he revealed his blood red eyes. And his face which was now covered in black blood from his victims.
Ivan dropped down besides him placing his hand on his shoulder guard trying to ease his friends pain.
“In all the battles we’ve fought together side by side over the years I’ve never seen you like this.”
Fontain looked into Ivan’s eyes. “It is normal I assure you. You need not worry my time is nearly up.”
“I do not understand.”
“It is beyond your understanding Ivan. Though I value your friendship there are things which I can not speak of. Just know this I know my time is nearly up and I must prepare myself for the final battle on the surface of Kylle.”
“I do not understand your riddles but I will respect your silence.”

Lykran pulled back the rubble and crude torture devices, whilst both Kajun and Affern dug through the smashed debris of the fallen ceiling of the torture chamber.
The sound of distant bolter fire echoed throughout. “Maybe they need assistance Captain.” Said Affern.
“No. If they do they will vox for assistance. Keep digging.” Lykran ordered.
The four deathwatch marines rummaged through the rubble until one of them uncovered a pink armoured hand. “Captain I’ve found something.” Kajun shouted out.
Lykran trudged through the rubble to see Kajun’s discovery. “Ignore it keep digging.” He said.
“Captain.” Called Byrne.
Lykran slowly approached the Mortifactor and to his surprise Byrne had unearth a Crimson Hand. “That’s him. Pull him out.”
Affern and Kajun joined Brother Byrne to pull on the Crimson hand. The three deathwatch hauled out the rest of the Crimson Fist Librarian. Lykran knelt besides him to check for a sign of life, yet before he did he noticed breath still coming from the Librarians mouth.
Tapping into his throat vox unit he said. “Ivan Fontain we are leaving clear the way.”
Both Brother Affern of the Scythes of the Emperor and Kajun of the Mortifactors each took one of the Crimson Fist’s arms and began to drag him out with them following Byrne and Captain Lykran.

Sergeant Ivan kicked his way out of the smashed corridors knocking rubble across the metallic floor with a clang that echoed. Still holding his Bolter forwards he started to make his way back to the landing bay. Fontain followed watching for anything that would jump from the dark shadows of the flickering red lights. “Ivan stop.” He called.
“What is it Brother.” The Ultramarine asked.
Yet before Fontain answered Ivan saw his answer, watching a small child like creature emerge from the flames that engulfed the walls to the long corridor. “You see it now.” Fontain called.
Ivan fired a volley of shots off aiming them towards the creature, the shells slammed into its chest knocking it back into the flames. Slowly and cautiously both the deathwatch marines approached it. Ivan watched in horror as Fontain slammed his bolt pistol into its face and fired shot after shot until its head exploded into a nest of maggots, that began to crawl up the Librarians arm.
“What the fragg are they.” He then question.
Two more creatures appeared from the flames this time they were humming and there beady yellow eyes almost glowing in the red flickering of the lights. Ivan spun on his heels to fire his bolter but a force blast knocked him back against the burning wall.
Again Fontain felt a rage succumb his body only this time he saw Horus facing him.
“NOT NOW.” He bellowed to himself using a force blast himself to obliterate the two creatures.
Ivan stood up clenching his bolter tightly ready for more but stopped to see Fontain down on his knees calling out to the Emperor. “Brother are you alright.”
He dashed over to him slinging his bolter over his shoulder he grabbed the Blood Drinker by his shoulder guards and helped him back to his feet.
Fontain took hold of Ivan’s hand and both men locked fingers together in the name of Brotherhood. “Come brother I will not let you fall here.” Ivan said.
Both men slowly walked through the flames and out of the corridor into the landing bay. A gasp of relieve filled into them at the sight of the black thunderhawk, though surrounded by the flames that burnt across the ceiling and floor the hawk stood firmly, yet covered in black sut.
Moments later Lykran emerged from the burning flames of the corridor followed by the others carrying the Crimson fist exile Librarian.
“Get aboard we’re leaving we have what we came for.” Ordered Lykran.

Once the thunderhawk flew away from the burning rogue traders ship Shining Star Ivan joined Fontain who sat alone in a darkened shadow at the rear of the thunderhawk. The Blood Drinker was shaking violently within himself trying hard to meditate. “What is happening to you Brother?”
Still shivering Fontain looked up into Ivan’s bare eyes, with his hood down Ivan looked back into his red metallic blood shot pupils.
“What is happening to you. Your eyes have changed.” Asked Ivan.
“A thirst.” He answered.

The Planet Kylle

“Kill the girl we don’t need her slowing us down.” Darrin bellowed from the rear of the rhino.
Quinn jumped from his seat towards Anuska who remained curled up in the troop compartment of the armoured carrier she had the Husky sat at her side growling at Darrin. Opposite Darrin sat Clayton with his hands placed across his bare head. “How dare you, how dare you even suggest that.” Quinn bellowed back.
“She will get us killed Quinn surely you know that.” Darrin bellowed back.
Quinn knelt besides Anuska and the husky looking into her tearful face. “You surprise me Darrin with your words we are Astartes. She is nothing more than a child.” Quinn calmly explained.
Darrin rose to his feet and hovered over both her the husky and Quinn, then removed his black helmet from his silver armour letting it fall to the floor of the rhino. “Astartes you say. Not only has the Imperium turned on us we are the last of our chapter and surrounded by the Black Legion.”
“And.” Clayton said butting in.
Darrin grabbed a hold of the release hatch and opened the rear ramp of the rhino letting the cold air drift into the warmth of the armoured carrier. Then without warning he grabbed Anuska by the wrist unholstered his bolt pistol and yanked her from the rhino into the snow outside. Rex the husky pounced on the marine biting into his ceramite armoured wrist. Darrin slapped the husky across the head knocking it into the snow with a yelp. He then shoved Anuska into the snow and aimed his bolt pistol at her forehead. “If you will not relieve us of this burden then I shall do it.” He bellowed.
Both Quinn and Clayton stood up unholstering their bolt pistols and vacated the rhino. “Put it down Darrin.” Warned Quinn, pointing his bolt pistol at Darrin’s head.
“You dare to draw your weapon at me.” Darrin bellowed.
Clayton did the same as Quinn. “Your been unreasonable Darrin just lower your weapon.” Clayton added.
Suddenly the sound of thrusters over head startled the dog who jumped up to knock Darrin off guard. He stumbled turned and fired his bolt pistol. The bolt shell thudded into Claytons bare face exploding his forehead into a shower of blood and skull that spread across the floor. Clayton dropped to his knees; in return he fired his bolt pistol before dropping face down into the blood covered snow beneath him. The bolt shell he’d fired slammed into Quinn’s neck blowing the flesh wide open. Quinn dropped to his knees knowing his fate after feeling his blood and most of his neck explode, taking one last look at the scared child shivering. Using what strength he had left he fired his bolt pistol straight at Darrin’s face killing him instantly from the impact of the bolt shell. Anuska watched in horror the three surviving members of the Spectre Knights kill each other for her.
Rex walked over to Anuska and sniffed her face before stopping at the sound of howling in the distance. He then howled back. Anuska wrapped her hands around his furry neck. “Don’t you leave either?” She cried.
Yet her cries fell under the sound of roaring thrusters blazing past high up in the sky.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:51

Chapter Fifteen
“The Path To Tragedy. Overcome With Fear”

The Planet Kylle

The Darkness from the night sky was lit up with large white beams of light spread out across the Iced ocean by large flood lights placed in a six mile radius on Hugh monstrous towers. Large Space craft hovered above in the dark sky lighting up anything underneath their great belly lights, followed by the explosive sounds from their continuously thunderous thrusters deafening out any nearby noise’s.
Stood watching from the hills that over looked the ocean were hundreds of Black Legion space marines all armed with bolters pressed against the chests watching in ore. Reneged Imperial leman Russ tanks patrolled the snow fields behind. Whilst Thousands of Imperial reneged guardsmen marched up and down surrounding the six mile circle the flood lights stood lurching over.
Arumik stood at the edge of the iced ocean watching the gigantic warbirds above fire their might plasma cannons across the centre of the ice, smashing large chunks away, shaking the ground in their wake. A volley of rockets would follow each of the plasma blasts making the hole bigger and bigger. Ectar stood by Arumik’s side watching with anticipation. “It will not be long now.” He said softly watching each of the explosive shockwaves shatter more of the iced ocean like smashing glass.
“Our lord Kraken will have the hulk soon.” Arumik answered.
Both the Black Legionnaires looked up to the sky to witness more vessels enter the atmosphere and launched missile’s aimed towards the hole.

Aboard the Black Legion Despoiler Class Vessel
Broken Reaver orbiting Kylle

Syakotus began to open his eyes slowly yet still under the influence of the drugs been pumped into his veins from the machine his slab was laid next to. Stood hovering over him was a strange thin looking creature. Its upper torso naked yet from the waist down it had a mechanical Arachnid body with eight legs. Its scalp was bigger than it should be with the back of its green slimy brain almost hanging out, followed by wires from the brain trailing halfway across its back. Syakotus looked into the creatures black eyes that stared back at him. It had no nose and a small slit for a mouth. Both of its hands were very long metallic pincers carrying tubes of liquid. Stood in the darkness behind it was a large Chaos Astartes warrior. Its left side of the face covered in green reptilian scales running up to the top of its scalp. His armour had no colour only black, making him almost invisible under the darkness of the room Syakotus was laid in. His arms were strapped down to the metal blood stain slab he laid across and his upper armour had been removed as had the synthetic flesh around his bionic arm. Small child like creatures wing tiny wings fluttered about above his body probing his flesh with sharp spikes. He tried to use his bionic eye but to no avail the sight was nothing more than static. And his head was held into place by some form of device with long wires running under his skin and his long hair.
The creature looked down into his eyes. “He is awake my Lord.” It said.
“I have tried a mind probe on him but someone has put a block across his brain activity which seems to appear to be causing a memory block. Whoever has done this has done a good job.”
The chaos warrior looked down at Syakotus. “Sedate him again probe him again. I want to know why he is here.”
Syakotus watched as the creature began to pump more fluid into his body. Then suddenly he felt his eyes grow heavier again and slowly he began to close them.

Oh please. Do spare the speeches. It is you who will join your false Emperor in the grave.”
Cravex slowly walked forwards towards Syakotus, swinging his demon sword about, as if mocking him, then stopped about several paces from where Syakotus stood.
With a slight grin raised upon his white face. “Prepare to hate me. This night will hurt you like never before.” He said looking at the moving faces within his demonic blade.
Both men stared into each others eyes for a few moments, and then simultaneously jumped forwards to do battle.
Cravex moved swiftly carrying his demon-sword with a steady ease, he moved with a motion of quickness, making it harder for Syakotus to anticipate his next move, yet still blocking his attacks, with eagerness.
Keeping up the prowess of his power sword matching each attack made by Cravex’s. Advancing stepping back then forward taking a swipe with his blade.
Both men moved across the roof doing battle as if they were dancing, neither making an injury at the other, back and forth they lunged forward, sparks flying from both every time they would cross blades, trying to make a striking cut, yet each keeping up the blocking stance at every attempt.
Cravex swung his demon blade down trying to cut into Syakotus’s skull, Syakotus managed to jump to the right in time for Cravex’s blow to miss by mere inch’s, then following suit, by using the same attack, Cravex moved slightly back with a swift motion to his actions, before bringing his blade about, at Syakotus’s chest, but failing to slice through when Syakotus stepped back, swinging round lashing his power sword up at the face of Cravex, just missing with Cravex tilting himself back, then ducking down letting the chains around his waist clang loudly together, bringing his demon sword across, in a quick reflex to make a lower cut, of which Syakotus anticipated, by leaping the wait of his body back.
Suddenly in a momentarily slip of thought, Syakotus failed to block Cravex, bringing the demon sword across, slicing deep into his left shoulder pad, and cutting deep through his armour into the flesh.
Blood seeped out in a splatter, then slid down the dark blue ceramite of his left arm, colouring it red before clotting, Cravex pulled back his demon sword, from his shoulder only to make another swing, this time at Syakotus’s face, failing to make a new cut, watching Syakotus duck down with his quick reactions, whilst blocking the attack raising his power sword to match the strike at him, gritting his teeth from the pain of his mortal shoulder wound.
Cravex paused slightly in his next strike to see from the expression of pain on Syakotus’s face that he was starting to weaken.
“Your emotional expression fails you, crimson fist” Sniggered Cravex, before moving from left to right taunting his opponent, then making a swift and sudden forward lunge stabbing his demon sword into Syakotus’s stomach violently, blood spilled out onto the blade, dripping onto the floor, and across his chest and legs, Cravex thrust the blade forwards again, causing more pain and damage, before retracting it back, letting Syakotus stagger forwards thrust from his balance.
Licking the splashed blood from his lips Cravex took full advantage of Syakotus’s weakened state, he used his full strength to lunge his demon blade into Syakotus’s stomach again, making the wound far more mortal by twisting the blade inside his stomach, then using both his hands he ploughed the demon sword further into Syakotus, the blade merely missed his spine cutting out of his back. “Guurrrrgh” the captains legs began weakening, pulling the blade out still clutching the handle with both hands, Cravex backed off to watch Syakotus stagger forwards, dropping to his knees, slamming his left hand at the floor tilting his head forwards, spitting the blood that had filled in his mouth out.
Cravex raised his demon blade above his head with both hands. “And now it ends” he taunted, bringing his demon sword down to strike Syakotus across the back of his neck.
“I’m not out yet” he retorted, rolling over swiftly with all his wait, whilst raising his power sword up straight through Cravex’s chest, with a large splash of dark blood spilling down across him and the ash covered floor, in what Cravex thought would be his killing blow.
The further Cravex had lunged forward using his wait, the further the power sword sliced into him.
At that moment both men gazed into each others eyes, for Syakotus was watching the life drain from Cravex. “You’re over confidence fails you Night Lord.”
“Funn-y.” Cravex muttered spilling his dark blood from his lips.
“And so believe the pleasure is all mine.” Syakotus said letting Cravex almost touch him before both men rolled, and collapsed together hard onto the floor, Cravex was dead the moment he slammed into the ash covered floor releasing his demon sword from his grip.

Syakotus’s body began to convulse shaking violently as though his flesh were been electrocuted.
My lord he appears to be going into some form of cardiac arrest. The creature explained while twitching on the switches to the device attached to Syakotus’s head.
“He appears to be regaining more of his memory but at a cost to his brain activity.”
Lord Kraken bent over the arachnid creature to observe the convulsions in more detail. “He is no good to me dead. Do something.” He bellowed at the creature.
Slowly the lights from the monitor connected to Syakotus began to flash erratically, followed by a constant bleeping noise.
“What is happening to him now Vivour?” Kraken demanded.
Vivour ignored his lord instead he injected some fluid into one of Syakotus’s hearts trying to calm him.

As the ramp opened and slammed hard into the snow, light spilled out into the foggy blizzard that surrounded, before dying out with the thrusters. Syakotus walked over to greet the Inquisitor, Nathan Salvanfor, but instead, was greeted by one of the Death Watch Marines, Sergeant lykran. Syakotus looked him up and down through his silver goggles. “And you are?” He asked the Sergeant stepping onto the ramp before him.
“Sergeant Lykran, of the Death Watch Captain,” Syakotus noticed the insignia of Imperial Fists on his right shoulder pad, “from the Imperial Fists,” he added, staring up the ramp. “The Inquisitor requests you come aboard to discuss your strategy with him.” Syakotus nodded in acknowledgment as he followed Lykran into the gun cutter. Once inside, it was hard to miss the smell of tobacco as it flooded over him, followed by the smoke evaporating in the air he looked down the very narrow corridor at the glowing red eyes from within the darkness that surrounded them.
“Have you located their base my good Captain?” came a voice from within the darkness.
“That I have,” Syakotus said, as he stepped past the glowing red eyes of the remaining two Death Watch. Inquisitor Salvanfor stepped from the darkness into the dim light.
“The sergeant said you wanted to discuss my strategy. Simple, using your gun cutter for air support, we will storm their front gates. Their numbers are small.” Syakotus turned away as he finished and walked back out to the raging storm outside.

Lord Kraken of the Black Legion stood monitoring Syakotus as he began to convulse once more only this time his whole body began to shake. “Vivour do something he is no good to me dead do you hear.”
“Yes my Lord.” Vivour said acknowledging the warning in Krakens tone. Looking down at the controls placed in front of the monitor Vivour began to look in detail at the wavy lines as they began to slow down in conjunction with the sleeping body of Syakotus. “My Lord he appears to be calming him self.”
“Dundra get in here I require your presence.” Kraken Voxed, using the unit built into his neck.
Vivour watched the large Sorcerer enter the chamber, his armour was Black with stains of rotted blood across his chest covering his litany renouncing the Emperor. His black helmet tucked under his black ceramite arm was shaped like the head of a large lizard. His face was pale and his head bold except for the long ponytail tied tightly from the top of his skull. Across his left shoulder guard were large golden spikes sticking out. And in his right hand he held his long staff. Behind him trailed a black leather cape. Slowly he approached Lord Kraken then looked down on the unconscious Syakotus. “SO this is the Crimson fist then.” He whispered.
“Use your telepathic mind to find out what brought him here to Kylle.” Kraken Ordered. Dundra put his helm by his feet then placed his hand on Syakotus’s forehead. “Duminj Jourd nem sol undus nem sol.” He began chanting in a low voice almost unheard.

The stranger looked up with his hood slightly revealing part of his white face up to his nose. “Release you. HOW DARE YOU SPEAK, BEAST.” The stranger bellowed, with his voice echoing, loudly through the darkness that covered both.
The stranger held his staff up high, then slammed it hard into the floor, the noise thudded whilst the top of the staff lit up in a yellow glow, the strangers hood fell back revealing his white face fully. Syakotus looked deep into the mans yellow eyes glowing through the blanket of darkness. “It is time for you to leave this mortal body beast.” The stranger said, looking deep into his eyes.
“Who are you to tell me what I can do.” The spirit screeched back.

“I Seer Krupeus have the right to tell you to be gone.”
Suddenly the staff lit up with a blindingly bright yellow light forcing Syakotus to lose sight. Bolts of white lightening shot out across the darkness as Krupeus aimed the staff towards the shackled Syakotus. Suddenly Syakotus felt his body convulse and shake. “HOW DARE YOU.” The spirit screeched.
“I dare. Now LEAVE.” Krupeus yelled back.
“AAAAARRRRGggghhhh.” Screamed the spirit.
Syakotus could feel all of his veins burning while his muscle’s felt as though they were about to rip out of his skin. He could feel his throat as it started to burn; with his teeth gripped tightly the pain from their roots flooded his jaw. The vision in his bionic eye began to lose clarity and turned into static. Yet with his other eye he watch bolts of lightening light up the darkness, and in parts he could just make out the large pillars towering upwards, the lightening began to shoot out across his bionic arm, as it began to turn bronze with rust. “Stop, stop, stoooooooooop.” The spirit screamed repetitively.
As the lightening bolts shot out from Krupeus’ S golden staff, Syakotus saw his ceramite armour was black with patterns of flames across his black ceramite legs, and a set of bones formed a rib cage across his armoured chest.
Again he started to understand he wasn’t in the possession of the Inquisition, nor the Imperium but one of the lost chapters. By the pattern across his black armour, this warrior was of the legion of the damned. Syakotus had seen these mysterious warriors once before when he was a young scout, they had come to aide the Crimson Fists who were losing a battle to the Ork’s. He remembered when they came they obliterated the Ork’s and then vanishing just as quick leaving no trace they were ever there.
Without warning his train of though was distracted by the sudden stop to the convulsions and shivers within his body.

Krupues took the golden staff with both hands letting the lightening stop then held it high above his head. “Enim Armute Silencieux Sordus Quadria Lumentis Silencieux” He spoke his words softly opening his eyes a bright yellow glow flooded Syakotus. “Bregious Silencieux La Vailleur Bregious.” Only this time he yelled the words.

Again the convulsions started, Syakotus could feel the spirit within turning and fighting to stay hold of his flesh He felt a tremendous amount of pressure across his brain, the pressure turned into a burning feeling so intense he began to lose sight of what was happening to him, and then all went black.

Krupeus stood alone in the darkness watching the bright green apparition exit the fallen body Of Syakotus.

“NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” It screeched as it was forced from Syakotus.

The spirit floated over the body of Krupeus who watched. Then the apparition began towards Krupeus.
Krupeus pointed his golden staff towards it letting the glowing yellow light from the top absorb the spirit. Once the apparition became engulfed within Krupeus’ S staff, he raised his left knee and broke the staff into two.

From behind Krupeus, Etheane walked towards the fallen body of Syakotus still chained to the crucifix and unconscious.
“Will he live?” Etheane asked, with a slithery tone to his voice.

“Yes but he may not remember anything of his past. Rebuild his Bionics and put some symphetic flesh across his bionic arm.”

“How will we know if he is cured?” Etheane asked again.

“Tie him to a chair and interrogate him, we will soon know.” Krupeus said, as he turned away to leave the darkness. “And now I need to rest, I have exhausted myself.” Krupeus finished leaving Etheane and another of the hooded astartes alone in the darkness.

My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:53

As soon as Syakotus began to convulse again Dundra placed both his bare hands across the Crimson Fist’s forehead slowly the convulsions with his psyche.

“Captain c’mon.” Bellowed Korde looking down from been half way up the stairs.
Korde turned from the sound of approaching foot steps. Above him was the mutated Radical Salvanfor holding a plasma pistol down at him. The plasma shot from the barrel, into Kordes Chest, carrying its way through his back, and bouncing into the black brick work, of the stairway’s wall. Blood spurred from his chest in a shower spreading its way upwards, whilst the blood from his back dripped backwards, down the stairway. The sergeant dropped to his knees, releasing his grip of his thunder hammer.
“Noooooooooo” Bellowed Syakotus beginning to race up the stairway towards Korde. Raising his arm with the wrist mounted storm bolter firing off bolt shells, which thudded into the walls, knocking specks of dust, showering down. Salvanfor retreated back up the stairway.
Korde dropped backwards slamming his back against the dark stairs. Syakotus dropped to his knees gripping the sergeant’s left hand tightly. Then watched the blood flow from his mouth.
“Korde stay with me.”
Korde looked into Syakotus’s face with a slight smile.
“My time has come.”
“Damn you stay with me my mentor, my friend.”
Korde coughed out some blood before the weakness of his body shutting down caught up with him.
“Captain…you can defeat this bastard…uuhh…do not let him win.”
Syakotus held Kordes head up. “I’m afraid. I have been taunted by visions of the Necrosphere. I’m afraid of the Necrosphere and what it wants of me.”
“Use the guidance and wisdom Chapter Master Kantor will have given uurrgh… you.”
“He has given me none Grailins counsel advised me against informing Chapter Master Kantor. I feel I have failed the Chapter and the Emperor.”
“You know what you have to do. You know what you must do. It is not the Emperor we live for it is Rogal Dorn… uurgh.”
Korde took a tight grip of Syakotus’s hand. “Remember this. I lived for the chapter…not the Emperor…But for the chapter, uurrgh.” With that his grip of Syakotus’s hand slipped away.
“You will not be forgotten my friend.” Syakotus said softly, gently resting his head back down in his own blood.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” Screamed Syakotus as he attempted to sit up from his restraints. Suddenly his memories all came flooding back to him. Suddenly he realised what he once was the Captain of The fifth company of Crimson Fists. And then came the grieve of the loss of his old friend and senior company sergeant Korde. Alone with all the pain he’d endured under the influence of the Necrosphere.
“He has awoken.” Vivour announced.
Syakotus turned his head trying to observe his surroundings but apart from the dim lights that hung above him everything was dark. Stood Looking over him he recognised the Chaos Lord Kraken.
The creature Vivour toddle from one side of the metal bed he laid on to the other side his long pincer fingers clicking with his every movement of his eight legs. Slightly raising his head Syakotus saw the Black Legion sorcerer stood at the end of the metal bed watching him.
“What is the Necrosphere.” He asked.
Choosing to ignore him he watched Vivour stick a needle in his arm inducing more fluid to paralyze him again.
“What is the Necrosphere.” The Sorcerer asked again only this time with a deeper voice.
“Why?” Syakotus finally asked.
Kraken stepped closer to the bed placing one of the hanging lights directly above Syakotus’s face.
“Why have you come to Kylle.” He asked letting his voice boom through the darkness.
“I do not know.” Syakotus answered.
“What is the Necrosphere.” Dundra asked impatiently.
Slowly Syakotus felt his muscles relax again with the rest of his body becoming paralyzed. “Something that you cannot obtain.”
A light flooded through the chamber they stood in from the side doors opening. One of the renegade soldiers entered. “My lord forgive my intrusion.” He said closing the doors behind him letting the darkness consume the chamber once more.
“What?” Kraken barked.
“Reports from the surface have informed us they are through the ice.”
Kraken looked back down at his prisoner. “We will continue this later if you are still with the living.” He smirked.
“Inform Arumik that I shall be down there shortly.”
The doors opened again revealing the deamonic structures of the chamber, flags made of rotting skin and stains of blood hung across the walls.
“Dundra you have command of the Broken Reaver.” Kraken explained moments before leaving the chamber.

The Planet Kylle

Anuska walked through the snow followed by her husky both of them listening to the sounds of wolf’s howling. She was hungry and cold and more terrified than she’d ever been. Syakotus had promised her he wouldn’t leave her alone yet he was now gone. The other’s killed each other over her. Not knowing were to go she wondered around lost for hours looking for somewhere to sleep. Noticing a small forest in the distance she decided to head towards it to hide and sleep. Rex always at her side followed her through the thickly laid snow.

A gigantic black drop ship began to descend from the night sky above lighting up a trail from its thrusters across the dark sky in its wake. The sound grew closer and closer towards the iced ocean until it was above the hole made in the centre by the large plasma cannon’s. Slowly it began its landing procedure until it had finally landed creating a powerful gush of wind before the thrusters died out. Arumik approached the drop ship holding his psychic staff in one hand, and letting his black cloak trail across the ice with each step he made.
The drop ships rear ramp came down slamming across the ice, followed by a gush of steam from the pistons.
Arumik bent down on one knee acknowledging his Lord.
Kraken emerged from within the vessel raising his hand up signalling Arumik to rise.
“My Lord we have penetrated the ice. We are just waiting for you to give the order to board the Space Hulk.”
Kraken removed his horned black Helm and smile at his Psychic. “Good we need to melt the ice more so that we can drag it from the ocean below.”
Aurmik bowed as Kraken would speak.
“If I may my Lord. Nothing we possess will drag that from the sea bed it is far to big. And according to our sensors it is by far more powerful than we first imagined.
Kraken smiled looking over to the blast craters in the ice.
“You have done well Arumik. Very well indeed.”

En Rout To The Planet Kylle E.T.A. 1 Hour

Sebastian Ormarr stood in the medical bay watching his medics treat The Exiled Crimson Fist’s wounds. He laid peacefully on a bed with his armour stripped from him. The Medics were trying to patch his ear up. Stood looming over them was the mighty presence of Captain Lykran observing the unconscious Librarian. Lykran twitched the bottom of his lip while rubbing his hand through his short cropped fair hair.
Positioned behind Ormarr stood by either side of the double doors standing up straight were two naval guards both armed with combat shot guns which were pressed tightly against the chests.
The Admiral studied Captain Lykran’s face making note of the genuine concern the deathwatch Captain showed for this exiled Crimson Fist. The ships surgeon entered the room stepping past the two naval guards. Lykran looked up at the short man enter the medical bay. Ormarr turned to greet the man holding out his hand. “Can you do anything about his face.”
“No leave it. It serves him as a reminder.” Lykran bellowed across the room answering the question before Surgeon Phlax could.
Phlax was a short man with a round face bold on top with hair round the sides of his scalp that led down his back tied neatly back into a ponytail. “Then I do not understand what you need me for Admiral.” He asked.
Lykran approached the surgeon letting his armoured feet thud across the metallic floor. “To wake him.”
Phlax looked up at the giant that towered over him and began to tremble at the knees. “Y yes ok I c can do that.”
The vox unit on Admiral Ormarr’s collar began to vibrate. “Yes.”

“Admiral we’re about to drop back into normal space in less than ten minutes.”

“Ok I’m on my way.” With that Ormarr left the Medical bay walking past Inquisitor Lorian as he did.

Lorain approached the exiled Librarian looking deeply at the melted flesh down the side of his face. The skin looked twisted and had melted down over were his ear was once, yet the Inquisitor could still see the crude slice marks made.
Phlax injected Grailin with something that began to slowly wake the Librarian.
Both Lykran and Lorian watched the Exile open his eyes. “Leave us.” Lorian warned looking up at the two medics and Phlax.

“Why are you here Brother?” Lykran asked in a soft voice.
Grailin attempted to sit up but felt the queasiness from the drugs still floating around his system. A smile pressed across his face as he ran his bare fingers down the side of his charred face. “Sergeant Lykran. Yours is the friendliest face I’ve seen for sometime now.” He chuckled.
“Its Captain now.”
“You made Captain aye,”
“I need to know what brings you here my old friend.”
“Captain Syakotus.”
Lykran stepped back as though he’d seen a ghost. “He is dead.”
Grailin stepped away from his bed stretching his arms out wide before remembering the wounds in both his shoulders. He staggered back to the bed.
“Syakotus is very much alive and my oath is to guide him.”
Lykran turned to face Inquisitor Lorian. “I knew that old ghosts would come to me.”

Admiral Sebastian Ormarr stood firmly with both his hands pressed across the banister from the stratagem balcony, watching the warp disappear from his site to be replaced with the blackness of the stars. Stood behind him Inquisitor Lorian also watched. Towering over both men stood firmly was Captain Lykran. Once the fleet had fully emerged from the warp the ships alarms began to ring in a continuous bellow echoing across the Burning Star. A second later the bridge crew all looked up at the view screen to witness the site of Kylle. It was then when they also witnessed the site of the Broken Reaver Despoiler class cruiser fixated firmly in Orbit of the cold planet.
Ormarr observed the vessel drifting slowly in orbit of Kylle. When suddenly his attention was broken from the sounds of the comm.’s chiming. It was then when he felt the fear in his belly take control of his body letting both his hands shake.
“This is Lord Koldur Lord of torment ruler of the third fleet of the Emperor’s children. Prepare to be boarded.”
The young Lieutenant looked up from his station. "Admiral sensors have just picked Several large warships fixated behind the fleet."[/i]
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:55

Chapter Sixteen
“Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War”

The Planet Kylle

Anuska crept to the edge of the woods peering past the bush green branches of the trees, to witness the Hugh vessels hovering above in the dark sky. A trail of smoke followed in their wake while their belly lights lit up the ground below. She crouched down when one of the ships began to pass over the top of her, the husky did the same.
The large vessel hung over both of them for sometime as though searching for something. Then with the blink of an eye it disappeared alone with the thunderous sound from its thrusters trailing long streaks of black smoke across the night sky.
A twig snapped from behind, both Rex the husky and Anuska spun around from the noise. Rex plucked his pointed ears up and tilted his head listening to the soft sound of crunching snow. Anuska dropped down into a little ball trying to hide herself
, Rex began a low growl. “Sccch.” Came the sound of Captain Kallis’s voice.
Anuska looked up to se the Spectre Knight space marine captain appear from behind the trees. His silver armour was stained with soil and dried blood, both his shoulder guards were dinted and his chest plate covered in bullet impacts. Rex rose up on all fours sniffing the air, Anuska slowly stood up her face covered in leaves from the trees, and she found herself lost for words.
“Were are the others you fled with child.” Kallis asked dropping down to his knees.
A tear rolled down the side of Anuska’s cheek. “They killed each other.”
“What? Why?”

Anuska began to cry looking down at the husky. “Are you going to kill me?”

“No child I am not. Why would you ask me that? Why would you think that?”

Anuska dropped to the floor covering her face with both hands she began to cry loudly. The husky began shoving his nose under her arms trying to lick her.
“Because one of the others tried to kill me. He said I was a weakness they didn’t need.”

Kallis approached her trying to comfort her he knew who the brother she spoke of was Darrin. Damn him he thought.
“Don’t worry child we will leave this place soon I promise you.”

“Syke said the same and now he is gone dead, he was my friend.”

Kallis removed his dinted black helmet and dropped it into the snow, watching it roll across to the trees. Brushing his hand through his short hair, he looked into Anuskas crying eyes and smiled. "Your friend is not dead Child the others took him but he is not dead.”

The sobbing stopped once Kallis had explained what he saw from behind the trees he’d fled to. His word seemed to ease Anuska from crying. After he’d explained what he’d seen he began to comfort her and pat the Husky on its furry head.
“C’mon child we can’t stay here, they’ll soon find us.”
The sky began to change from the night into the dawn, letting the grey sky light up the forest and thick layers of snow covering the ground. The three of them began to walk off using the forest to conceal them from sight.

Lord Kraken watched his Black Legion Marines mount up into two of the thunderhawks preparing to fly into the hole made by the plasma cannons of the large warbird’s that hovered above the iced ocean. The flood light went out from the dawn sky turning grey letting the daylight remove the night shadows.
Kraken summoned the rogue guardsman Colonel Farror.
“Yes my Lord.” Farror asked.
The soldier was attired in a long grey coat tightly buttoned up, he looked as though he was in his mid forties. On top of his head he wore a woolly hat with the insignia of the chaos eye positioned at the centre.
“Hold this position we could be receiving visitors soon. If we do hold the line, if you fail me do I need to explain your fate.” Kraken warned.

The colonel looked up into the reptilian eyes of his master. “If I fail you my lord I will take my own life as it will not be worthy to serve the gods.”

Kraken smiled turning to join his warriors aboard the thunderhawks. “You have a wise tongue Farror.”

Farror watched two of the thunderhawks lift up from the ice they had rested on then one by one they descended down the hole made in the iced ocean.

Aboard The Despoiler Class Broken Reaver.

Syakotus wondered if Anuska still lived, he remembered seeing the rhino she’d been aboard flee from the battle scene. The thought gave him comfort that the child still had a chance of escaping this place. If anything he had to break free to get back to her.

The creature Vivour retuned back to his side.

Syakotus watched the grotesque thing, it wondered about disappearing in the shadows then re-emerging clicking its fingers constantly.

Whatever was going on outside the walls of the chamber it had distracted the arachnid enough to not notice the sedative wearing off. Bit by bit he could feel the spasm’s in his muscles, then he felt the finger tips of his left hand. The knowledge of that fed him once again with hope.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:56

Sebastian Ormarr felt as though he were looking down the barrel of a loaded gun. The sight of seven chaos warships distilled more than fear it was a horror wrenching moment. He had command of the fleet and he couldn’t think of the right orders to give. In all of his life as a naval officer he fought great battles against the Ork’s and even fought a battle against the Tau but never had he fought such a battle with the forces of Chaos. And the mere word Chaos filled his guts up with trembling fear. If he would survive this day it would be a day he will never forget.
“Launch the fighters.” He finally bellowed gripping the stratagem banister over looking his bridge crew from above.

“How many squadrons Admiral.” Lieutenant Commander Beck asked.

“All of them.” He bellowed back.

“This is command to all fighter squadrons launch I repeat all fighter squadrons launch.” The officer screamed over the comm.

“What are your orders now Admiral.” Beck requested.

“Have the fleet turn their guns on those bastards and fire. Tell them show no mercy.”

Inquisitor Lorian turned to Captain Lykran “We need to get your team planet side.”
Lykran stood watching through the view screen the Chaos war ships begin to take up position. “I’ll take the thunderhawk and crash it into the surface if I have to.”

“They’ll cut you down before you reach orbit.” Ormarr explained butting in.
“I’ll have some of my fighters guide you in.”

"How long before more Imperial ships reach us." Ormarr asked looking down to Lieutenant Commander Beck.

“A second five ship fleet will arrive in roughly three hours from now. And that Astartes battle barge is two hours behind them Admiral.”

Ormarr turned back to the others “Well at least we will have reinforcements soon.”
Lorain laughed looking at the panic stricken face of the Admiral.
“Yeah if we live long enough to see them.”

Flight Commander Heather Scott slide into her fighters cockpit she slouched back into the comfy seat, flicking switches on lighting up the panels of the cockpit. Two servitors strapped her firmly into her seat then closed the hatch of the cockpit. Feather pulled out a cloth and wiped the stains away from her windows, then she placed both hands firmly around the gear stick position between her legs. She flipped the cap of the stick up and hovered her thumb over the weapons switch. She waited like this for a minute watching the landing bay flood with pilots from all squadrons do the same as she did. Once everyone had taken up position in their fighters, the servitors vacated the bay.
She flipped her com Channel open. "This is Flight commander. All fighters are ready to go.”

Lieutenant Commander Beck looked up to the balcony at the admiral. “All fighters are good to go.”

“Open a universal com to them.”

“It is done admiral.” Beck replied.

“All squads engage those bastards at all costs. Your priority is to protect the fleet from enemy fighters I repeat protect the fleet at all costs. Ormarr out.”
The admiral pointed his long finger down at Lieutenant Commander Beck. “Launch all fighters.”

“Launch.” Came the order.

Heather engaged her boosters letting the rear thrusters light up, and before she knew it she was half way down the launch tube with the G-force pulling her back into her seat. A moment later she was away and on her way towards the Chaos warships. “This is flight commander to all squadrons engage those bastards.”

Lorain stood watching from the view screen as the other four ships in the fleet launched all their fighter squadrons. It was like watching hundreds of spears all been thrown simultaneously.
“Admiral you should try to disable that Black Legion Despoiler class warship may I suggest you send boarding parties across take the fight to them internally.” He explained.
“That’s a good idea Inquisitor I’ll use my kill team to aide them.” Lykran butted in before Ormarr could even open his mouth.
“But your mission is planet side Captain.” Lorian snapped back.
“True enough but if we disable that thing it would make our task planet side more bearable wouldn’t you agree.”
“Actually that is a sound idea. I will send captain Smitts and his team of Cadian Karskins across with you. Then I can have Commander Brownlow deploy Colonel Stratham’s storm troopers engage the hostiles planet side.”
“Then it is decided I will lead an assault aboard that despoiler class vessel.” Lykran said.
“Once you take that vessel I won’t your kill team planet side. I will join colonel Stratham’s storm troopers on the surface.”
The three men drew their attention to the doors of the stratagem opening,
Lykran watched as Grailin entered. “I will join your kill team Captain.”
“You are not permitted to join the ranks of the deathwatch exile.” Lorian snapped.
Ignoring the Inquisitor Lykran placed his hand on the Librarians shoulder guard. “Why would you wish to join us?”
“Because I sense my Captain is aboard that thing.”

My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:57

Large boarding pods began launching from the sides of the Chaos fleets darting across the stars towards the Imperial Fleet ships. The Gigantic laser cannons began firing constantly aiming their fire at the pods destroying many of them on the projected flight path. As the lasers would hit the pods they’d explode into balls of fire spitting out burning metal.
Some of the Imperial fighters tried to engage them up close but many of the fighters got caught in the laser fire getting blown to pieces.

“This is flight commander engage those pods at all costs.” Heather bellowed through her comm.
She began to turn her fighter away from the Chaos warship she was attacking and chase after the boarding pods.

“This is gold two. If we engage them we’ll fall into the firing path of the fleet.”

“It’s a risk we’ll have to take. If those Chaos Astartes board the ships we won’t have a fleet to return to.” Heather barked.

The remaining fighters from gold squad began to chase after the pods firing their short range lasers.

The deathwatch began to board the thunderhawk parked in the landing bay Brother Byrne was the first in heading for the cockpit to take control of the vessel. Captain Lykran followed him in with Grailin at his side. Brother’s Affern and Kajun joined their ranks with Sergeant Ivan of the Ultramarines following in toe. The deathwatch marines took a seat at the side of the vessel placing their weapons on racks by their seats. Grailin sat with Lykran only keeping his staff in his grip.
They all watched Captain Smitts and his seven Karskins board the hawk and take up the seats opposite them.
“Were is Fontain.” Lykran asked looking at the open ramp.
The Blood Drinker emerged on the ramp holding his staff tightly in one hand. Lykran watched the warrior step aboard. His armour though it was still black had been redecorated. Across his left leg he’d painted a red X which he’d also painted across the “I” symbol on his chest plate. still covering much of his face with his hood Lykran noticed he’d painted his face completely black with red X across his face from his forehead to his jaw. He’d also replaced his chapter symbol of a drop of blood dripping into a grail with a blood tear over a red X on his shoulder guard.
“Your late.” Lykran grimaced.
“My apologies, I had unavoidable matters to tend to.”

“Byrne we’re good to go.” Lykran announced.

Heather looked directly to the Burning Star watching the Large Astartes thunderhawk disembark from the vessel and plot coarse towards the despoiler class warship.
“Flight Commander to Red Squad you’re ordered to guide that thunderhawk protect it at all costs.”

Suddenly she pulled up on the gear stick just dodging a large laser beam head towards her. That was close she thought too close.

“Admiral the Inquisitor has left the Burning star as instructed I’ve ordered Commander Brownlow to despatch his Storm troopers in drop ships and head for the surface of Kylle.” Beck explained.

Heather watched the massive laser cannons rip into some of the boarding pods destroying them on impact while others had began to slam into most of the fleet puncturing their way through the hull’s.
Yet her attention was distracted by a volley of plasma shots zooming by her cockpit. “Damn it.” She muttered under her breath. She looked up to witness the sight of chaos fighters emerge from the seven warships.
“This is flight commander to gold and blue squads engage those fighters. White squad green squad fall back to defend the fleet. Black squad stay in pursuit of those boarding pods.”

“There are too many of those fighters. We cannot possible engage them all.”
Gold three bellowed.

“Hold your tongue we engage them or we die trying.” Heather bellowed back.

The explosion of gold threes fighter combusting across the stars caught her attention. Again she turned her fighter to the side letting a plasma blast scrape across the side of her hull. “I need some back up.”

“Blue five here I see them hold on.”

A second later long streaks of laser fire slammed into one of the chaos fighters attacking Heather’s rear.

Two other fighters from blue squad flew in to cover Heather's craft the four fighters flew in the shape of a triangle staying in formation they began to engage the chaos fighters up close. Long streaks of laser fire and plasma fire lit up the darkness that surrounded them.

My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:58

Two of the Chaos warships began to concentrate all their fire at the Star Trailer lighting her up in a gigantic ball of flames.
Large chunks of her hull ripped away in explosion after explosion. The cannon fire soon penetrated deep inside the large Imperial Sovereign class warship. The decks began to buckle and rip away from the blast of each cannon fired at them. Hundreds of crew blew out into the stars as a series of back draft explosions began to erupt within the interior.

Commander Shin Troe stood on his bridge watching the flames and explosions take the deck from under his feet forcing him and his bridge officers to come crashing down between decks. More explosions fed their way through the corridors killing uncountable numbers. Moments later the spear tip of the Star Trailer ripped away from the remainder of the ship pulling its crew away with it. The compressed pressure blew the remainder into the stars.

Ormarr watched in sheer horror whilst the Star Trailer combust into a ball of flames slinging gigantic piece’s of her hull into the nearby ships slamming piece’s of burning metal across their hulls leaving a trail of flames in its wake.
A second later another explosion erupted only this time it was his ship The Burning Star.
The shockwave from the impact shook the whole vessel knocking many of the crew from their feet.
Ormarr himself was thrown to the floor cracking his head across the Banister he’d stood over.
Alarms began ringing throughout the vessel. “Report.” He demanded while pulling himself back up.

“We’ve taken a hit to the lower decks Admiral.”

“Pin point the hit.”

“Living quarters.” Beck bellowed, back over the ringing alarms.

“Turn those damn things off.” The Admiral blurted back.

“This fight is about to get a whole lot more personal.” He muttered.
Just as he’d finished speaking the ship shook again this time rocking the crew from side to side. Again Ormarr was thrown to the floor. “What the hell?” He bellowed.

“Admiral we’ve been boarded.”
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 13:01

Chapter Seventeen
“When You Have Come To The Edge Of All That You Know And Are About To Drop Of Into Darkness Of The Unknown, Faith Is Knowing That One Of Two Things Will Happen.”

The Planet Kylle

The early morning sky had spread its light across the landscape of Kylle lighting up everything in sight.
The wind began to pick up, howling its way through the trees blowing them from side to side. Some of the snow blew across the ground like sand from a desert. Kallis slowly walked to the edge of the forest holding his bolter/melta combi with both hands poised forwards. Behind him Anuska and Rex followed before coming to a halt at the edge of the forest which looked down onto the cliffs over the iced ocean. Both Kallis and Anuska crouched down to conceal them from sight. Both looked in ore at the vessels that hovered above the ocean and the mass of Black Legion marines surrounded by the reneged Guards men.

Imperial Flag Ship Burning Star

The boarding pods crashed hard into the side of the Burning Star slamming their way through the hull and deep inside the mighty flag ship.
A gush of steam blew into the corridors from the opening pods, Chaos Cultist’s began to step from them and enter the long corridors. Many were armed with las rifles and worked in unison making their way deeper into the Burning Star.
More and more pods crashed through onto the many decks then opened up letting Space marines from the Emperor’s children emerge. Commander Horgar being the first from one of the pods to lead the assault. Naval security troops tried hard to engage them in a fire fight but found their las rifles were no match for the armour of the warriors.
“Head for the bridge.” Horgar barked.
The marines began making their way through the decks into the corridors engaging more Naval guards in a shoot out. But their numbers had become greater than that of the Imperials, forcing them to retreat back. The area became a noise trap from the constant fire shared between both sides

Slamming his fist hard on the banister more out of fear than anger, he just didn’t know how to get himself out of this mess. Deep down he knew his naval security officers were no match what so ever for those Chaos Astartes. His stomach churned with fear wrenching its way up to his guts. He couldn’t help it he heaved his vomit across the banister leaving it to drip down to the floor below. From above a servitor swung down connected from the waist by a metallic arm, it began to wipe the dripping vomit up with a cloth it had obtained on the way down. Ormarr reached across to push the servitor away. “Get away from me dammit.”

Lieutenant Commander Beck rubbed his chin feeling the same fear in his belly fester. “Admiral Security troops have been despatched to the penetrated areas.”

Again Ormarr slammed his fist only this time he did so on the edge of the Heliolithic table that centred the stratagem. “Beck have lieutenant Wendon lead the troops against the invaders.” He ordered placing his hands back on the banister. “And seal the blast doors to the bridge.”

“Understood.” Beck shouted back.

The young naval lieutenant Wendon began to lead more and more Naval soldiers through the corridors, engaging the Chaos Cultists in a fire fight. Laser blasts slammed into soldiers from both sides causing many losses. Wendon assumed a posing stance, holding his las pistol forwards taking a careful aim of all his targets, one by one he would shoot down the cultists the closer they moved.
The side wall to the corridor blew open, forcing Wendon and his men to shield their eyes with their arms. With a gush of flames part of the floor ripped away forcing some of the fixtures to come crashing down. Dust and smoke began flooding into the now burning corridor. Wendon stood in horror watching Chaos marines emerge from the newly formed hole made by the explosion.
“Holy Emperor. For hells sake fire, fire shoot them.” He cried.
The naval soldiers began to aim their las rifles at the marines firing shot after shot. But the las blasts barely touched the armoured warriors.
“Fall back to the ammunitions bunker. If we can’t shoot them we’ll blow the bastards open.”

The naval soldiers began to retreat from the corridors letting more and more Emperors Children enter taking the upper hand.

The bolter fire echoed its way through the fire fight deafening out most other noise’s going on around them. Every ten metres the naval soldiers would stop to fire off a shot or two before continuing on with their retreat.

Brother Byrne of the Mortifactors steered the thunderhawk through the oncoming streaks of laser fire, swaying the large vessel from side to side dodging each streak.
Some of the shots exploded mere metres away from the Hawks hull yet the closer the deathwatch get towards the Broken Reaver the closer the explosions erupted.
Byrne used all the piloting skill he could muster carefully dodging the attacks. Occasionally he would look to see some of the Imperial fighters from red squad explode trying to protect him and his contemporaries.

Johann, Red Squad leader guided his hand carefully steering his fighter shooting at the chaos fighters that tried to move up close and engage the large thunderhawk.
“We need to try and draw their fire away from the deathwatch.” He barked down his vox unit.

“That’s impossible. The more we gun down the more appear.” Red five scowled.

“What choice do we have?” Johann barked back.

Lieutenant Wendon Kicked the armoury door wide open throwing himself face down onto the hard floor. Behind him some of the armoured naval guard fired of shots trying to slow the advance from the Emperor’s children. Pulling himself from the floor he holstered his las pistol, dashing over to the heavy weapons rack. “Bruno help me with this rocket launcher.” He bellowed, trying to pick a large bulky rocket launcher from the rack. Together both men pulled the thing down flipping its front legs down, Wendon dropped down to his belly to take aim. “Load me up.”
Bruno carefully yet still with speed in his movements pulled down a rocket and slammed it into the back end of the launcher. “Fire.” He screamed.
Without a moments hesitation the young lieutenant pulled back the trigger releasing the rocket. A loud streak of trailing smoke flew from the launcher and straight down the corridor slamming its way into one of the Marines.
Bang.
The pink and black armoured marine combust across the corridor like a burst water balloon, followed by the echo from the explosion taking out another three of the Emperor’s children.
“Load me up again.” Wendon cried in joy.
Again Bruno slammed a rocket into the launcher, and again Wendon fired. This time the rocket exploded across the wall of the corridor killing another of the marines.
Bruno began jumping up and down with joy watching the armoured warriors scatter from the explosion. “Stop jumping and load another.” Wendon bellowed, followed by a splatter of blood spray across his back and face.
A chatter of bolter fire and Bruno slammed his body across the floor besides the lieutenant. Wendon rolled over to dodge more bolter chatter watching the remaining guards drop to the floor dead. Without thinking he jumped to his feet and raced over to the grenades cabinet taking as many grenades as he could carry. For a second he stopped to watch the marine’s advance still firing their bolters. Wendon dived over to the other side of the armoury kicking the door to the Torpedo chambers, pulled the pin from one grenade then threw it in. “Praise be to the Emperor, praise be to the Emperor.”
Bang, bang, bang.
The corridors exploded with a flood of flames like running water engulfing everything and everyone. A second explosion followed suit then retracted back.
Bang.
The whole deck became consumed in a gigantic back draft, leaving everything quiet before the final explosion came.
The explosions from the large armoury had taken out the whole deck killing and disintegrating everything.
The Burning Star shook with tremors throughout all the decks knocking most of the crew off balance and thrust face down.

From the outside piece by piece the hull popped followed by flames shooting out like an erupting volcano with each pop, from inside the large vessel the sound was horrendous.
A trail of smoke spilled out after the flames across the stars.

“What the hell just happened.” Admiral Ormarr asked picking himself from the floor then wiping the blood from his bloody scalp, his ears still ringing from the sound.

“According to my sensors sir, the explosion came from the armoury.” Lieutenant Commander Beck replied also picking himself from the floor.

“No wonder the ship shook we keep the large ship to ship torpedos in there.” Ormarr said spitting blood down his chin. “It’s a miracle we’re still alive.”

“The good news is it’s pretty much taken care of most of our invaders. Shall I dispatch our reserve to handle to rest sir?”

Ormarr clenched his long fingers around the banister looking down at the smoke filled bridge thanking the Emperor for sparing his life. “Do it.”

Aboard The Broken Reaver

Syakotus felt his senses come flooding back to him giving him the opportunity to break free of his restraints

Vivour tuned around to feel the fist of Syakotus’s bionic hand smash into his oversized skull.
The arachnid fell back slamming into some of the operating tables knocking them over.
Again Syakotus slammed his Bionic fist into the creature’s face smashing his skull open. Vivour’s legs twitched frantically but still Syakotus pounded both his fists into him crushing his skull spreading his slimy flesh across the blood stained floor, and staining the metal of his fingers.
Vivour’s stopped breathing yet Still Syakotus laid his full anger into the creature ripping him apart with his bare hands.
After three or four minutes there was nothing left of the arachnid apart from his metallic twitching legs.

Syakotus walked through the darkness of the chamber to his armour laid out on a dirt stained table and began to put it back on his upper torso. Once he’d done that he picked up the bolter/plasma Combi and his thunderhammer. This time when he looked at the scribe Sergeant Korde down the handles side he knew the name. “Forgive me my friend.” He muttered to himself leaving the chamber.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 13:02

The Planet Kylle

Kallis watched the rogue guardsmen from the trees as they began to take up defensive positions around the frozen ocean. “Anuska stay here I’m going to take a closer look see if we can get past them.”
Just as he tried to move she yanked on his foot. “No, no don’t leave me.” She began screaming.
Kallis looked back at her.
“Be quiet child they’ll hear us.”
“Noo noo I don’t want to be left alone.” She screamed letting her cries be carried with the wind. Then Rex began to bark and howl.
“Damn it child shut up they can hear us.
“That’s right you scum.” Came a voice from behind.
The three turned to see rogue guardsmen all pointing las rifles at them. Kallis attempted to open fire but received a blow to the head from behind. Rex jumped up at Kallis’s attacker but was swatted to the ground landing unconscious. Anuska looked up and screamed.
Several Black Legion marines stood over her all pointing bolters at her head.

Kraken watched from the cockpit as the large thunderhawk he sat in dropped through the ice made hole into the water below. Suddenly everything became black moments before the lights lit up a path for them. “How far down now.” He asked.
The pilot looked at his scanner set out before him. “Another fifteen miles my Lord.”

Orbit Of Kylle

A white light blinded out the windscreen of the thunderhawks cockpit forcing Byrne to shield his eyes with both of his arms. The light dispersed followed by an explosion across the thunderhawks front lighting of the control panels with sparks and smoke. Byrne looked down a second before the whole vessel shuddered forcing him to crack his head across the piloting panel. He felt his blood spill across his forehead from behind his helm while more blood flooded up in his throat before passing out.

From nowhere dozens of chaos fighters appeared firing las shots at the rear of the damaged thunderhawk setting its aft engines a light in flames forcing it down.
Johann watched from his cockpit as the large deathwatch thunderhawk lit up like a newly lit bonfire moments before it began to spiral out of control and finally with a crash it bounced off the Black Legion despoiler class warship Broken Reaver’s hull.
“Holy Emperor” he muttered to himself
“Red squad take those fighters out.” He began to bark down the vox unit.
Johann looked up to witness las blasts dance across the side of his hull before knocking him off course.
“Red squad this is red leader I’m hit. I repeat I’m hi……”
Static filled the vox chatter through to the remaining seven fighters from red squad.

“This is red five fall back to the fleet we can use their cannon fire as cover fall ba……”
Again static filled the vox chatter.

The remaining fighters began to turn around and head back towards the Imperial fleet after watching red leader and red five explode into balls of molten metal across the stars that surrounded them. One by one the chaos fighters began to pick them off with their precise las shots.
None survived.

Inquisitor Lorian watched the deathwatch thunder hawk crash into the side of the Broken Reaver leaving a trail of flames across the darkness, his mouth dropped watching the large thunderhawk bounce away from the chaos warships hull then suddenly become caught into the planet Kylle’s atmosphere and spiral violently out of control covered in flames as the heat of the gravitational pull dragged the vessel down. Then one by one he watched as red squad was destroyed by the chaos fighter ships. “Try to open a vox channel to Captain Lykran’s deathwatch team.” He finally said looking across at his pilot Jefferson.
Jefferson was a large dark skin coloured man piloting the Inquisitor’s guncutter. He tapped the vox channel trying to reach a signal to the thunderhawk but in return only received a garble of static. “No can do Inquisitor.” He explained in his deep voice watching Lorian’s face expression turn into something horrid.
“What shall I do?” He asked.
“Nothing if we’ve lost them then we’ve lost them maintain course for Kylle.”
“We’ve past the Broken Reaver so E.T.A. should be five minutes.”
“What of Colonel Statham’s drop ships?” Lorian asked putting his head in his hands.
“If they stay on course without straying same as us.”

“Try and make contact with Captain Lykran again will you.” Lorain asked again with a sombre tone to his voice.

Jefferson flipped the vox unit on again. “Captain Lykran report.” He said.

Both The Inquisitor and Jefferson listened to the sound of static for a while.
“Inquisitor you might have to face it. I think they’re dead.”
My Website

PreviousNext