Progress to next rank:

58%

Exordium

Postby Hulls Raven at 28 Jul 2006, 16:26

EXORDIUM
Crimson Fist IV

The Past
Three Year’s Ago

The darkness surrounded Syakotus like a black veil; both his arms were in chains spread out across the crucifix, which was embedded into the concrete floor. Both his feet were shackled together with chains, and strapped tightly to the bottom of the large metallic crucifix, from which he hung. His short black hair was damp from the sweat rolling down his face, in small beads under the humid conditions. Though he was still conscious he could not speak, yet he shared his mind with another, a spirit stronger than his mortal soul. Though he still tried hard to move his fingers, yet nothing. His chest was bare revealing his scares from his previous battles, he could feel the humid heat bracing itself across his sweating skin. From his waist down to his feet he was still attired in his midnight blue ceramite armour. Voices from within his brain screamed out using his own lips “Free me, free me now. I am C’tan Necrosphere.”
Necrosphere it all started to come back to him, now he understood he had become possessed by this thing a Necron spirit, but how? He could not remember.
Syakotus started to understand he wasn’t chained up because he was under interrogation, but infact he was too dangerous to be unchained. The spirit that had control of his mortal body was evil and far more dangerous to be let free. But why was he still alive surely the Imperium would have just executed him.
Suddenly his conscious mind was disturbed. Stop fighting me you are mine now disappear human. The voice said to him.
And then he saw a dark figure approach clanging a staff to the concrete floor leaving an echo with every thud. The man was as tall as him and covered over in a black cloak with a large hood looming over his face, making him almost invisible even to his bionic eye.
“Release me.” The spirit said once more using Syakotus’s lips.

The stranger looked up with his hood slightly revealing part of his white face up to his nose. “Release you. HOW DARE YOU SPEAK, BEAST.” The stranger bellowed, with his voice echoing, loudly through the darkness that covered both.
The stranger held his staff up high, then slammed it hard into the floor, the noise thudded whilst the top of the staff lit up in a yellow glow, the strangers hood fell back revealing his white face fully. Syakotus looked deep into the mans yellow eyes glowing through the blanket of darkness. “It is time for you to leave this mortal body beast.” The stranger said, looking deep into his eyes.
“Who are you to tell me what I can do.” The spirit screeched back.

“I Seer Krupeus have the right to tell you to be gone.”
Suddenly the staff lit up with a blindingly bright yellow light forcing Syakotus to lose sight. Bolts of white lightening shot out across the darkness as Krupeus aimed the staff towards the shackled Syakotus. Suddenly Syakotus felt his body convulse and shake. “HOW DARE YOU.” The spirit screeched.
“I dare. Now LEAVE.” Krupeus yelled back.
“AAAAARRRRGggghhhh.” Screamed the spirit.
Syakotus could feel all of his veins burning while his muscle’s felt as though they were about to rip out of his skin. He could feel his throat as it started to burn; with his teeth gripped tightly the pain from their roots flooded his jaw. The vision in his bionic eye began to lose clarity and turned into static. Yet with his other eye he watch bolts of lightening light up the darkness, and in parts he could just make out the large pillars towering upwards, the lightening began to shoot out across his bionic arm, as it began to turn bronze with rust. “Stop, stop, stoooooooooop.” The spirit screamed repetitively.
As the lightening bolts shot out from Krupeus’ S golden staff, Syakotus saw his ceramite armour was black with patterns of flames across his black ceramite legs, and a set of bones formed a rib cage across his armoured chest.
Again he started to understand he wasn’t in the possession of the Inquisition, nor the Imperium but one of the lost chapters. By the pattern across his black armour, this warrior was of the legion of the damned. Syakotus had seen these mysterious warriors once before when he was a young scout, they had come to aide the Crimson Fists who were losing a battle to the Ork’s. He remembered when they came they obliterated the Ork’s and then vanishing just as quick leaving no trace they were ever there.
Without warning his train of though was distracted by the sudden stop to the convulsions and shivers within his body.

Krupues took the golden staff with both hands letting the lightening stop then held it high above his head. “Enim Armute Silencieux Sordus Quadria Lumentis Silencieux” He spoke his words softly opening his eyes a bright yellow glow flooded Syakotus. “Bregious Silencieux La Vailleur Bregious.” Only this time he yelled the words.

Again the convulsions started, Syakotus could feel the spirit within turning and fighting to stay hold of his flesh He felt a tremendous amount of pressure across his brain, the pressure turned into a burning feeling so intense he began to lose sight of what was happening to him, and then all went black.

Krupeus stood alone in the darkness watching the bright green apparition exit the fallen body Of Syakotus.

“NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” It screeched as it was forced from Syakotus.

The spirit floated over the body of Krupeus who watched. Then the apparition began towards Krupeus.
Krupeus pointed his golden staff towards it letting the glowing yellow light from the top absorb the spirit. Once the apparition became engulfed within Krupeus’ S staff, he raised his left knee and broke the staff into two.

From behind Krupeus, Etheane walked towards the fallen body of Syakotus still chained to the crucifix and unconscious.
“Will he live?” Etheane asked, with a slithery tone to his voice.

“Yes but he may not remember anything of his past. Rebuild his Bionics and put some symphetic flesh across his bionic arm.”

“How will we know if he is cured?” Etheane asked again.

“Tie him to a chair and interrogate him, we will soon know.” Krupeus said, as he turned away to leave the darkness. “And now I need to rest, I have exhausted myself.” Krupeus finished leaving Etheane and another of the hooded astartes alone in the darkness.

One Week Later

Etheane stood motionlessly, there was nothing but total darkness surrounding him and his prisoner, who sat strapped down on a chrome chair. Etheane adorned only black sackcloth, wearing a hood that drooped down, cover all of his face from sight.
The prisoner was clad in dark blue ceramite armour, except that of his hands one was coloured in crimson.
“Where are you from?” Asked Etheane slowly circling the chair.
“I do not know.” Answered the prisoner.
“How did you get here?”
“I do not know.”
“What are you?”
“I do not understand your question.”
Etheane stopped circling the chair. “The question is simple. What are you?” He asked again.
The prisoner looked up. “I do not understand your question.” He said once more.
“The question is rhetorical. Are you human?”
“I do not know. If my appearance looks human then I guess that I am Human.”
“Who made you what you are today, what paths led to you being here before me at this point in time?”
The prisoner looked up at Etheane.
“I…I cannot remember.” He answered.
“Do you have any memories?”
“Memories, what are they?”
Etheane began to slowly walk away from his prisoner. “A memory is something from your past. Something historical to you. A place or a time that you see.”
“Then I have none.”
Etheane left the darkness, leaving the prisoner alone.
Moments later Krupeus entered, the darkness of the room, holding a tall golden staff, helping him to walk.
The prisoner watched Krupeus approach from what he could see within the darkness of the room.
Krupeus stood over the prisoner watching him sit motionlessly.
“What is your name?” He asked watching the prisoner’s expressionless face.
“I…Do not know.” He replied.
Krupeus bent over looking directly into his face.
“I will tell you your name. Your name is Syakotus. And you were once, from the crimson fists.”
Syakotus looked up, his face still remained expressionless.
“Do you know why you are here?” Krupeus asked stepping back.
“I do not.”
“You are here because you were possessed. But you are not anymore.” Krupeus explained whilst he un-strapped Syakotus from the chair.
“What happened to make me this way? Why am I no longer possessed?”
“There are some things that I cannot answer.”
“What will I do now?”
“You are free to go.”
“Go where.”
“You have one last journey to take.”
“I...Do not understand.”
“You will.”
Syakotus closed his eye trying hard to remember something, yet nothing.
“Some of your memories will return to you in time.” Krupeus said turning away from Syakotus, to leave.
Syakotus watched Krupeus as he began to disappear from his sight.
“Who are you?” He then asked.
Krupeus turned to answer. “You do not need to know my name. What I will tell you, is. Like you I am cursed.”
Krupeus turned away from Syakotus, and began to leave, but stopped.
“I lead the damned.” He replied.

Etheane reappeared holding a thunder hammer. Syakotus rose from the chair as he accepted the thunder hammer Etheane handed to him. “What is this?” He asked.
“It belonged to one of your men.” Etheane said.
Two more hooded figures entered the room holding weapons. Syakotus clenched the thunder hammer tightly in both hands, he lifted it to his face. Across the bronze handle it had the word Sergeant Brent Korde inscribed across it. But to Syakotus it didn’t mean anything for he couldn’t remember. The other two hooded figures placed a bolter plasma combi at his feet, and a power sword. Etheane watched Syakotus as he looked with an emptiness at the sword.
“The Sword was yours.” He then said breaking the silence.
Syakotus looked down on the floor at the sword for a few moments then looked up again. Only to find he was stood alone in the darkness.
My Website
http://www.ravenstone.karoo.net
Some good places to add Your Fiction.
http://www.writingforums.org/
http://forum.blpublishing.com/

http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/

Due To Cut Backs The Light At The End Of The Tunnel Will Now Be Switched Off

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

RE: Exordium

Postby Hulls Raven at 28 Jul 2006, 16:33

Prologue
Three Years Later

The lights of the bridge consoles chimed softly under the low light, Anuska watched the three Imperial pilots as they steered the ship through the stars. She was sat in the Captains chair with her white husky at her side. Behind her stood Commander Steven’s, attired in his black tunic down to his grey trousers. At his waist hung his holstered las pistol. His face was stern yet smooth. “Enjoying the view little Anuska.” He asked, holding a half smile.
“Oh yes.” She said back.
Anuska was a small little girl; her hair was golden and tied in pig tails at either side of her head. She wore pink top and blue trousers. She leant forwards to stroke the Husky, who tilted his head back to let her. One of the three pilots swivelled his chair around to face her. “Would you like to fly the Deluxe.” He asked.
Anuska looked up from stroking the Husky. “Can I.”
“Only for a few minutes little girl.” Commander Steven’s interrupted.
With that she jumped down from the Captain’s chair and onto the pilot’s knee. He swivelled the chair back around to the flashing console. “See that stick there, if you take a hold of it you can steer the Deluxe.”
She looked up at the dark skinned man and smiled as she took a hold of the stick he’d pointed to. “Hold it firmly though and don’t point it down.” He said with a chuckle.
The bridge of the Deluxe was small, yet it had a relaxing feel the floor was covered in a dark red carpet. Three large windows covered the front looking out into the stars.
Behind them the door opened letting in a gentle blue light flood the doorway. Commander Steven’s turned to great Dr Corbeck. “Just letting Anuska get a feel of the Deluxe sir.” He said.
Corbeck smiled. “No problem.” He said patting the Commander on the shoulder.
“How long before we reach Kylle He asked.
“No more the fifteen minutes Sir.” Steven’s replied.
“I have a party of fire guardsmen to accompany your excavation team, under the command of Lieutenant Jackson.” He continued.
“Thank you commander.” Corbeck replied.
“Do you think this space hulk we’ve been sent to find will still be on Kylle.”
“I certainly hope so; we’ve come along way from Terra for nothing. Plus the high lords seem to think it is on Kylle.” Corbeck finished stepping past the Commander. “Anuska its time to go.” He said patting her shoulder.
“Ok farther. Can Rex come too? Oh please.” She asked stepping down from the pilots lap.
“I don’t see why not.”

“Commander I’m picking up a blip on the sensors.” Crewman Crisp announced.
Commander Steven’s leant across his shoulder to see for himself. “That’s strange this sector is supposed to be devoid of life it has been now for nearly twenty years if not more.”
“Could it be Xenos?” Crisp asked.
“I doubt that.”
“It’s still a fair distance away.” Crisp explained, while looking down at the reader.
“It’s proberly a rogue trader smuggling illegal goods trying to avoid Imperial detection.”
“Shall I report it?”
“No point, by the time the authorities get the message he will be two weeks gone. Ignore it.”
Crewman Riker swivelled around towards Commander Steven’s “The excavation team are ready to depart Commander.”
“Ok open the docking bay and wish them luck.”

The belly of the Imperial frigate Deluxe slowly opened up, letting a smaller vessel depart. The vessel looked more like a small white plane. Slowly it drifted downwards and started to float away from the under belly of the Deluxe. Once it had moved a fair distance from the frigate, its aft engines began to ignite.

Lieutenant Jackson sat at the small flight deck looking out at the stars, to his side was Dr Corbeck brushing his short black hair back with his hands. Behind him sat Anuska with the Husky on her lap. “We should reach Kylle in about three minutes in this beauty.” Jackson explained as he softly steered the small vessel further away from the Deluxe. Once he’d engaged the main engines the Vessel, Raven began to speed up, the whole crew felt a slight wrenching to their stomachs. “Farther what are we looking for?” She asked.
Corbeck turned to face her. “Well my little princess we are looking for an ancient ship buried deep in a lake of ice on a cold world called Kylle. When we find it, it will help the Imperium learn of some of the old and forgotten technology. It’s a very important lead to our past. And a very exciting time.” He explained.
Jackson steered the Raven looking back with a slight smile.
Anuska stood up from her seat to look out the side window as she watched the Deluxe disappear from sight.

Crewman Crisp watched from the bridge window as the Raven disappeared from his sight. And then looked down as the reader began beeping loudly and flashing constantly red. “Commander the blip is approaching us. And it’s getting bigger by the readings I’m getting.”
Steven’s looked down for himself. “Ok that’s no rogue trader; I’m not sure what it is.”
The other two pilots stopped doing what they were doing to watch as the blip became bigger and closer. Suddenly Commander Steven’s looked up out the bridge window. “Holy Emperor.” He said in shock.
The three crewmen looked up to witness the size of a large battle cruiser drift towards them. The Cruiser was large in size and coloured in a dirty red with large black flags from its side hanging motionless in the atmosphere. It looked very gothic and extremely sinister. The front was covered in large las cannons; the side was also covered with lots of cannons. Steven’s turned to Riker.
Last edited by Hulls Raven on 30 Jul 2006, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 29 Jul 2006, 13:12

“Call the Raven back its time we left.” Suddenly a bright light lit up the corner of Steven’s left eye. He turned to see the oncoming streaks of laser fire head towards the Deluxe. “Oh shi…”
The bridge became engulfed in a back draft of flames.

The Deluxe combust into a large ball of flames, large chunks of hull blew away burning up. Within seconds the Deluxe was disintegrated, leaving no trace it ever existed.

The planet Kylle began to come into view as Lieutenant Jackson steered the ship towards it. Anuska watched as the planet became closer and closer. Jackson flipped the com to signal the deluxe they had arrived. “Commander Steven’s we have reached the orbit of Kylle.” He said, waiting for a response.
“That’s strange there’s no signal coming back from the Deluxe. I don’t understand.”
Suddenly the bio scanner started to bleep and flash red. “Jackson looked down at the scanner. “What is it?” Corbeck asked.
Without warning they were all forced forwards Jackson hit his face into the console knocking him out. “Farther what was that?” Anuska asked while wiping some blood from her forehead from were she’d hit her head on the dash board. “I don’t know little princess.” He replied.
Rex the Husky began to bark constantly, while jumping up at Anuska. Again they were wrenched forwards from another thud slamming into the aft engines of the Raven.

The Raven began to fall into the atmosphere of Kylle with its aft engines leaving a trail of flames in their wake.
A few seconds past while the Raven became succumbed by the violent windy atmosphere of Kylle. The vessel rocked from side to side as the storms began to get there grip of the Raven.

Inside the cockpit Corbeck tried hard to fight for control of the pilots stick. Behind him one of the guardsmen entered rocking from side to side. “Let me try sir.” He said while pushing past the unconscious Lieutenant and taking his seat. Corbeck bent down and grabbed Anuska in a hug holding her tight. With a smile she looked into her tearful eyes. “Don’t be scared my little thing, I want you to do something for me curl up into a bowl and hide under the console.” He said as he gently placed her under the co-pilots console. “What about Rex.” She asked.
Rex crawled under with her as the pair snuggled up together. Corbeck managed to get back to his seat and watched as the guardsman danced his long fingers across the panel trying hard to regain control of the Raven. The wind slammed hard against the windows, with the whole ship shaking the crew all felt the wrenching of their bodies been shoved side to side.
Then the sides of the Raven began to tear under the strain of the outside storms. Snow slammed against the front windows causing them to crack. The seats he and the guardsman sat in rocked violently. “I…I can’t seem to gain control Sir…brace yourself for a crash.” The guardsman bellowed, over the noise of the vessel been rocked from side to side, as it screeched through the sky towards the impeding ground.
Then suddenly its left wing broke away completely flapping off into a different direction. “This is gonna be rough” The Guard bellowed again.
“Brace for impact.” The guard called out.
With that both Corbeck and the guard raised their arms to shield their face’s as the front of the Raven slammed hard into the snow. But the wind blew the vessel back upward into the air and forced it to crash down on its roof. The side exploded into a small ball of flames, as the wind lifted the Raven again. Only this time it landed, it began to roll down hill past a set of trees, knocking them down as its other wing split away, and flew off into the violent winds. The centre of the Raven began to split, and separate creating two balls of metal, rolling down hill. Gush’s of black smoke poored from the rolling vessel. Flames started to ignite across the tail and aft engines, while they came to a sudden halt, with a large bang. Large pieces of the hull from the tail shot upwards into the blizzards set about into flames, then showered down, with the storm and thudded across the thick layers of snow, turning the white into black. The front of the Raven came to a stop as it slammed hard into two trees snapping their trunks. The falling blizzard soon covered over the top of the vessel in thick layers on snow.

Inside the cockpit Anuska laid under the co-pilots console unconscious, with bruising to her arms. The white Husky licked her face trying to wake her, but to no luck. The Husky then bit into her clothing around her shoulders and started to drag her from the cockpit and out of the large hole in the side made by the crash. Slowly Rex dragged her out using all of his strength once outside the Husky started to drag her towards some trees and pulled her under one of the broken ones. The he returned to the cockpit and bit into a large blanket and pulled it out also dragging it towards the trees then covered it over Anuska and laid beside her as soon as he heard the sound of feet thudding in the snow approaching the crashed and burning wreckage of the Raven.

One of the guardsmen staggered through to the smash up cockpit and stepped over to Dr Corbeck. “Sir, Sir.” He said while shaking the Doctor.
“Uh what…Anuska were is she.” He said sitting up from the floor.
“I don’t know Sir.” The Guard replied while looking over at his fellow guardsman laid with his head hanging from his back, blood dripping down onto Lieutenant Jackson’s back. Jackson staggered up using his hands to pull his body wait upwards. He looked up at the shattered cockpit and watched a moment as the snow blew into the vessel coating everything white. Corbeck stood up “ANUSKA, ANUSKA.” He called. The guardsman clenched his las gun with both hands. “I’ll take a look outside Sir. See if I can find her for you.”
“Thank you.” Corbeck replied as he watched the soldier leave the vessel. A large thud slammed into the Ravens side followed by more deafening sounds of thudding. Blood splashed into the cockpit as the Guardsman fell backwards half in and half out. Jackson immediately unholstered his las pistol. “Bolter fire. We have company.”
Corbeck went a shade of white “My little girl Lieutenant she is only seven years old.”
Jackson pressed his free hand against Corbeck’ S shoulder. “I know Sir Get down.” He ordered.
Crouching forwards Jackson pushed his back against the wall of the cockpit, clenching his las pistol in both hands. Corbeck crawled towards the doorway into the rest of the Raven, and suddenly stopped from the sound of a constant fluttering. One of the excavation team crawled towards him. “What’s that noise?” he asked.
All of them looked to the hole in the side of the cockpit. “Uh.” Jackson shuddered from the sight of dozens of black butter fly’s flying into the cockpit through the smashed windows. “What the hell.” Corbeck bellowed.
“Boo.” Came the voice of a sinister looking figure looking in through the window.
Jackson jumped up and fired his las gun at the figure. “Chaos.” He bellowed as an arm reaching in from the hole grabbed the back of his black tunic and yanked him out.
Corbeck watched helplessly as Chaos Space marines attired in black and gold armour entered the crashed Raven. He stood to run but stopped as quick as the thought came to him, at the sight of the chaos space marines entering the back of the Raven.

Outside Jackson was tossed into the thick snow, as he landed he lost the grip on his las pistol, it dropped into the thick snow disappearing with the raging blizzard. One of the chaos space marines was clenching a flamer pointing towards him. Another stepped over to him carrying a canister of fluid. “Gather the others to watch.” The marine ordered.
The other chaos marines dragged the seven survivors out, and lined them up with their backs to the destroyed Raven. Corbeck was the last to be shoved against the wreckage.
The chaos marine holding the canister flipped the lid and tipped the fluid over Lieutenant Jackson.
Jackson staggered back inhaling the fumes of the petrol that covered his body. “No please don’t not like this.” He begged. But the black marines just laughed. Some of the removed the ceramite horned helmets to watch. Their skin was pale white and their eyes were like black pearls. With the raging blizzard and the snow it almost made their skin invisible.
“It’s a little chilly I think we need a fire.” The champion marine said walking up. He wore a black and grey fur cape flapping about from his armour. Both of his hands were covered over in gold ceramite. In one hand he clenched a daemon looking bolt pistol, in the other a power sword with morphing faces swivelling up and down the blade.
Jackson dropped to his knees feeling the cold bitterness from the icy wind. “Please not like this.” He begged.
“Light my a fire I’m cold.” The champion ordered.
The chaos marine holding the flamer with the nuzzle moulded like a snakes head pointed the flamer at Jackson’s head. “No please.” Jackson cried.
The marine eased his finger pulling back the trigger. A gush of flames flew out onto Lieutenant Jackson’s body. “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.” Jackson screamed, as he felt the intense heat of the fire cover his body.

Corbeck and the others closed their eyes while bowing the heads down, listening to the young Lieutenant screaming out in shear pain. The cry soon died down as Jackson died from the burning flames that engulfed over his body.
The champion yanked Corbeck away from the others and swung his power sword down cutting into Corbeck’ S arm, the blade sliced clean through severing the arm. Corbeck dropped down into the snow on his knees blood squirting out everywhere, covering the white snow into a blanket of red. “Arrghh what did we do to you.” He muttered out as his tears rolled down his face, as he prayed they hadn’t killed his daughter Anuska.
The black butter fly’s fluttered out from the wreckage into the blizzard towards the champion. “Kill ‘em all.” The champion ordered.
The marines aimed the gold and black bolters at the remaining survivors, and fired. The shots echoed with the bolt shells thudding into all the survivors killing them all instantly. As they dropped to the snow their blood sprayed across the side of the crashed Raven yet soon disappeared from the constant fall of snow, morphing with the blizzard.
Corbeck fell face down into the snow reeling from the pain of his severed arm. As he laid their he started to convulse from the sudden shock.
“Burn him.” One of the marines said pouring liquid over his back. Corbeck closed his eyes, and began to think of his home on Terra, and then his thoughts shifted to his late wife, and finally to his daughter Anuska, Then came the burning pain as his body had become ignited from the flamer.
He rolled about the snow in pain as the flames consumed his weakened body; the last thing he heard was the laughter of the chaos marines, before all went dark.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 30 Jul 2006, 11:09

Chapter One
“Kylle”

Quinn looked up above the turret to peer out into the Raging blizzard that danced of the Moving rhino in wisps. Almost everything was covered over in the fog of the raging snow fall; all he could see were the trees in the distance. “Close that damn hatch Quinn.” Graim called up.
“I can’t see a damn thing.” Quinn replied, as he lowered himself back into the rhino. The inside interior was small and claustrophobic, the sides were coloured in a dark red. Behind the two marines in was the main compartment with ten empty seats, with flashing lights above them. Both Quinn and Graim were attired in silver ceramite armour, with black shoulder pads and black eagles pressed out across their chests. Across their left shoulders was the symbol of deaths head with a sword down the centre. The symbol represented the Spectre Knights chapter. Quinn had short black hair covering his youthful head. His face was that of a man in his young thirties. Were as Graim’s face was much older looking, with a scar across his nose up to his bold scalp. Graim steered the rhino slowly through the raging blizzard, but came to a sudden stop. Both marines looked up out of the front windows, at the site of what looked like a crashing chunk of metal, with a trail of black and yellow flames. Graim looked into Quinn’s eyes. “I think we better inform the Captain we are not alone any longer.”
Quinn nodded in agreement. “Take the rhino back to base, I’ll go on foot and see what we have here.” Graim added while reaching above him for his strapped bolt pistol hanging above his head, then placing his black helmet over his head. He stepped up from his seat and opened the side hatch. The snow blew inside covering some of the floor in a white blanket. “Tell the Captain I’ll call in when I have something to report.” He said stepping outside.
“Be careful Graim.” Quinn finished, as Graim closed the side hatch.
Quinn took over control of the rhino and steered it away from Graim.

Graim clenched his bolt pistol tightly in his right hand as he struggled to battle his way through the raging blizzard. Each step he took sank deep down into the snow, making it harder for him to walk. His vision was also blurred from the constant snow fall making everything surrounding him look like it was covered over by a blanket of thick fog. The daylight of the sky above began to change into a dark blue making a dark blanket cover the land below. Graim’s yellow eyes began to glow as the sky became black, covering everything in darkness under the dark of night. Graim continued on foot as he watched the rhino disappear into the darkness. Slowly Graim ploughed on through the constant snow flow, battling each step against the morphic winds in defiance. The silver ceramite armour he adorned almost made him invisible, blending in with the surrounding snow.
He stopped for a moment while he unhooked his auspex to check the readings. As he looked down on the small screen it blipped with another four life signs close by. Holstering his bolt pistol he gently scratched the ice away from the screen. “Damn we do have company.”
Suddenly and without warning he felt a sharp bump to the back of his head. Graim fell to the snow landing unconscious.

Graim opened his eyes to the sight of three black legion space marines stood over him. The three warriors of chaos were attired in the traditional black armour but each one had its own signature to its armour type. On adorned a helmet in the shape of a golden skull with gleaming red eyes. Two horns were sprouted at either side of its helmet, while its shoulders were moulded into the faces of screaming spirits. Chains drooped down from its chest with small keys clinging together in the now gentle winds. Spikes sprouted out from its wrists, and his knees had pointed armour shaped like a screaming spirit. Yet the warrior stood next to him was attired with a long drooling fur cape gently flapping about. He wore no helmet revealing his pale white skin. Graim looked into his black pearl like eyes. The warrior also had long chains clanging to his chest armour which was moulded into the shape of many screaming souls trying to brake free. From the top of his head hung his long black pony tail flapping gently. The over warrior also had his pale face bare, yet holding a grin, his hair was short and tight to his white scalp. In both hands he held a flamer with the nuzzle shaped like the head of a fierce dragon. Graim looked past the warriors to see his armour thrown across the snow. It was then he noticed he was wearing a dirty brown cloak.
“Arzon give me your flamer.” The warrior with the pony tail said, smiling.
Graim tried to stand but the warrior with the golden skull for a helmet shoved him back down. “Were you think your gonna go.” He said.
Arzon handed his flamer to the centre marine smileing. “My pleasure Lord Ectar.” He said as Ectar took hold of the flamer. “Beg for your life marine.” He said now pointing the flamer at Graim. “I would not give you the pleasure scum.” He said looking up.
Ectar let loose a large burst of flames shower over Graim. With that he fell to the floor
Rolling about in complete agony, Graim felt his skin bubbling and peeling away from his flesh.
The flames had fully engulfed him, with the pain forcing him down his knees. Graim scratched at his burning eyes, the stinging was more than unbearable. From what he could see from his burning eyes he watched as his cloths burnt away into nothing living his burning body naked. Then he felt his left eye pop into a shower of mucus. He fell forwards to the ground, and laid there while his body burnt away in agonising pain. And finally the long torture was over.
Ectar put his left foot on the back of the burning corpse’s head and smiled. He handed back the flamer to Arzon. Who was also smiling at the now dead Specter Knight. “That was naughty.” Ectar said with a most pleased look pressed upon his face.

The stars were like long white spears disappearing into the darkness outside the cockpit. Syakotus sat back in his pilot’s seat dancing his fingers across the control panel set out before him, while the bleeping of the autopilot began chiming softly. Syakotus turned the beeper off while taking over the navigation controls. The cockpit was small and claustrophobic, two seats and a control panel surrounding them. The spear looking stars began to return to white dots as the small gun cutter began to drop speed. Brushing the long strands of hair from his face with his synthetic hand, he looked up at the window to see the artic world of Kylle come into view. From the distance a bright light caught his attention; he turned to see a long green streak of plasma heading towards him. The next second the gun cutters sensors started to beep as the console panel’s lights began to flash constantly. Syakotus slammed his right crimson fist against the console tilting the vessel, letting the plasma beam just skim the belly. The impact rocked the whole vessel. Again another beam of green plasma came from the distance, only this time the beam slammed into the back of the aft engines. Syakotus was thrown forwards from his seat across the controls console from the impact. Picking himself up he heard a loud explosion come from the rear of the gun cutter. Sitting himself back in his seat he felt the gravitational pull drag the vessel into Kylle’s atmosphere. As the ship began to rock and spin Syakotus watched as a large chaos war ship blockaded the planet.
Within moments the ship was almost from his site, the atmosphere began to rip and tear at his gun cutter as it was rocked by the violent winds and aggressive snow storm, slamming ice across the windows. The gun cutter left a tail of black smoke in its wake from the burning up of the aft engines. Another bang rocked the vessel forcing Syakotus forwards again, only this time one of the ceilings panels fell slamming itself across the back of his head knocking him out.

The wind blew gently through the ever green trees on the hill tops Sergeant Korde moved slowly like a ghost in between the thick trees. In one hand he clenched his thunder hammer and in the other was his bolt pistol. Behind him Benson carrying his needler sniper rifle. Syakotus and Niven followed by Gedde lugging his heavy bolter. Watched as their Sergeant slowly crept to the edge of the hill side. Clenching his shotgun Syakotus slowly followed with Niven in tow “Serge what’s to plan.” He asked, stepping up to Korde.
The veteran Sergeant looked at the young Syakotus with a slight smile gracing his old features. Benson set up in a good position your task is to take a sniper shot at the Ork war boss, kill him it will send the Ork’s into confusion. Syakotus you Niven and Gedde will follow me down we need to destroy that Ork reactor.” Korde finished.
Benson slid down in between the trees and taking aim down on the Ork compound down below.
Slowly and with utter stealth the lightly armoured scouts moved through the trees as though they were ghosts. Syakotus followed tightly behind his Sergeant with both Niven and Gedde on his tail.

Once the four scouts reached the bottom of the hill, Korde turned to Gedde. “Take up a covering position here. If any of the green skins head this way gut the bastards.”
Gedde went down on one knee placing his heavy bolter on the stump he’d knelt by.
“As you command.” He added.
Korde led Niven and Syakotus from the trees into the open field. The three Crimson Fist scouts dropped to their bellies and crawled through the long grass towards the Ork camp before them.
Once the three of them reached the first of the Ork dirt stained tents Korde rose up to knee height “Ok scouts, I know your scared and its ok this is your first mission of combat. The fear will go so for now embrace it and use that fear.”
Syakotus rose up to his knees and cocked his shotgun ready for combat, while Niven took the depth charges from his back pack. With his crimson hand he brushed his short hair as the gentle wind blew across the open field with a whistle.

Benson watched the Ork’s from his scope as they scuttled about each other knocking the smaller gretchin’s out of their way as they stomped about. Benson watched as the Nobz played with the over sized guns the clenched. A slight smile fell across his face as he watched with amusement at the vile green skins.

The Ork warlord Uzzy Tooth emerged from his large tent, with his gigantic claw arm raised high in the air the top half had two claws while the bottom half had three claws both set’s clanged together with the sound of grinding mettle as they moved “Da time as come to stomp da humies across da hills. I da boss and I command dis.” He bellowed. Uzzy Teeth was taller than the others and clenching a large four barrelled combi in his right hand. Both his teeth were bent and chipped and over grown. At the top of his scalp he’d had large spikes embedded into his green flesh. Behind him stood another proberly his first lieutenant, in height his was almost the size of Uzzy Tooth.
The warboss laughed as he watched the other Ork’s jump up and down getting psyched up for the impeding battle ahead of them.
Uzzy Tooth crossed his eye’s noticing the red dot in between them. Suddenly he dropped to his knee’s in excruciating pain from the needle dart which was now imbedded in his skull. Another second later the Ork warboss was dead. The second in command raised both his mechanical arms in joy. “Me da boss man now find dem hummies and kill dem.” Another second later and he dropped to the floor dead.
“I guess I is gonna be da boss now.” A second more and he was dead, from an imbedded needle dart.
The Nobz looked at each other with shock pressed across their Hugh face’s “Me not wanna be da boss.” One said, while the others looked around.

Syakotus followed Niven towards the reactor sneaking between the brown and white dirt stained Ork tents, each tent bearing the mark of the Ork skull and cross bones, then dropped down to one knee aiming his shotgun forwards.
Niven crouched up next to the first reactor drum and planted the depth charges on the dirt stained drum. “C’mon brother lets go.” Syakotus whispered waving his arm at Niven.
“Ok I’m done.” Niven said. As he softly ran from the reactor with the soft wind guzzling in his young face.
Syakotus rose up to follow him, yet ducked back down from a volley of stubber fire headed towards them. Niven spun around as he ran pointing his bolt pistol towards the charging Ork boyz. He pulled his finger across the trigger the empty shells pinged from the bolt pistols discharge chamber. Bolt shell after shell flew from the barrel into the first of the Ork Boyz.
Syakotus rolled over on his belly firing of shotgun shells from his shotgun. The first of the Boyz dropped to the ground as the others fired their stubbers at the two Crimson Fist scouts fleeing from the camp.
Again Niven spun around and fired off his bolt pistol at the Boyz.
A second volley of stubber fire flew towards Syakotus and Niven. Both scouts dropped to their bellies with Syakotus firing off his shotgun again, the barrel clicked on empty. Suddenly more bolt pistol shots came from Korde’s bolt pistol as he jumped from behind the last of the dirt stained tents. Syakotus unsheathed his large combat knife and rose up to his feet. Then with a bellow he charged into the Ork Boyz sticking his blade into the first one’s skull. With a yank he pulled the blade out trickling with Ork blood, ducking from the butt of a stubber gun lunged at him he ploughed his blade into his attackers neck slaying the green beast before him. Again he pulled his blade back spinning around, he throw the blade into another’s skull leaving it imbedded with the Ork dropping to its knees. Syakotus backed up from the brute force of the remaining three Ork Boyz.
Both Niven and Korde fired simultaneously killing the three Boyz.
Syakotus picked up his shotgun and began reloading it as the three scouts ran from the camp into the field, followed by more Ork’s firing their weapons at them. Two stubber shell’s thudded through the weak armour of Niven’s back forcing the scout to stumble forwards, then rolling onto his side, looking up his raised his bolt pistol and fire off another two shots, the empty bolt shells flew from the discharge chamber. Two more stubber shells thudded into his leg, creating a shower of blood.

Gedde squeezed the trigger of his heavy bolter letting out a deafening roar of bolter fire at the charging Ork’s. The bolter shells flooded across the open field. Korde and Syakotus reached the tree line where Gedde was positioned.
“Serge Niven’s fallen. We’ve gotta go back for him.” Syakotus bellowed over the deafening sound of gun fire.
“Scrap that, its better for him that he dies in the field. His wounds are far to grate. If we bring him back they’ll only mind scrub him leaving him a brainless servitor for our Tech’s.”
The screeching sound of a rocket from above blazed its way into the trees. Two of which came crashing down from the loud devastating explosion, followed by a shower of dead birds dropping the waving grass below.
“Let’s move it scouts.” Korde bellowed.
One of the trees came crashing down on the scouts, Syakotus looked up to see the tree slam into him, all went dark.

Syakotus opened his eyes at the sight of the shatter glass of the cockpit window, showered over him and the console with sparks flying out from the panel followed by lash’s of smoke. The sound of the storm outside raged through the gun cutter as though someone was slamming bricks against the hull. A sharp pain penned its way across his now bruised shoulders. What the hell was that chaos ship doing in orbit and why the hell had he come to this ice hole. Something had driven him here but what. He unshackled himself from his seat and lifted himself out. Slowly he entered the back compartment of his gun cutter. On the bed compartment laid the thunder hammer and power sword, above hung the bolter plasma combi. He unhooked it from the dark red ceiling, and then he slowly picked up the thunder hammer, looking at the inscription down the handle, Sergeant Brent Korde. Slowly Syakotus was beginning to realise who Korde was but he still didn’t understand why the name meant so much too him. What he was beginning to remember was he once served under the command of the Sergeant.
Syakotus strapped the bolter plasma combi over his armoured shoulder, then reached to a dark grey cabinet at the other side of his bed and pulled out a black sackcloth cloak, followed by his blue tinted shades for protection from the outside blizzard howling with the violent winds. He adorned the cloak covering his face with a breathing muzzle and lifting the black hood over his head. Slowly he adjusted the bionics in his eye, then grabbed the thunder hammer and hung it over his back. Still reeling from his new bruises he flipped the switch to the side door letting in the snow from the raging blizzard, followed by the howling of the wind. Syakotus stepped out from the crashed and still smoking gun cutter, slowly he set off through the dark night disappearing in the raging blizzard.
[/i]
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 30 Jul 2006, 11:11

Chapter Two
“The Space Marine & The Little Girl”

Dominican V Imperial Outer Rim
Planetary International Space Port

The Dark blue sky of night covered the space port in a blanket of shadows. Space shuttles lit up the night sky with their fired up engines and night lights coming and going. Some of the vessels were Hugh enough in size while others were smaller vessels, looking to dock. Tall gun ports surrounded the whole port from the outskirts over looking the surrounding desert. The main parts of the complex were made up of landing platforms, some higher up than others while a few were in big holes under ground. Positioned within the centre stood the tall precinct of the adaptus arbites, with its golden statue of an rbiter, looking down across the filthy streets from the roof. Humans and aliens alike walked down the streets keeping the port busy with trade. On every street corner stood a tavern were the occupants spent most of their time gambling and drinking alcoholic beverages.
“Permission has been granted for you to dock on docking platform fifty five. Cut your thrusters now for docking.”
Grailin flipped the switch to release the landing legs from the belly of his unmarked gun cutter. He watched from the cockpit window as the landing platform grew closer and brighter, whilst the gun cutter entered the circle of bright flood lights. The vessel shuddered wrenching his stomach from the grinding of the landing legs dropping into place. Slowly Grailin steered the cutter onto the large circle shaped landing pad. The whole of the vessel rocked with vibrations the moment it touched down. Smoke blew out from the aft engines as Grailin cut the power.
The com bleeped again with its small flashing red light. “Have your papers ready for display.”
Grailin stepped up from his seat, with his black cloak covering out his large armoured features and a hood hiding his pale face. Slowly he stepped through the small claustrophobic compartment swiping his psychic staff revealing the crimson of his left hand as he did. The side door opened making a loud sweeping sound letting in the white light from the looming flood lights. Slowly he stepped out from the cutter watching as three black armoured figures approached him, all three were wearing black helmets with a golden eagle etched into the forehead part. Two of the three were armed with large shotguns, while the third carried a clipboard tucked under his right arm.
“Id like to see your I, D, papers sir.” The middle rbiter requested.
Grailin pulled back his hood revealing his pale face, then revealing his crimson hand he brushed his fingers through his short black coloured Mohawk. The two arbites armed with shot guns stepped back slowly watching Grailin. A small gush of the night wind blew across the landing pad lifting Grailin’s black cloak in wisps revealing the spread out eagle across his dark blue ceramite armoured chest.
“My apologises.” The man said, stepping back cautiously.
“I will not be here long. I have some business to deal with, here then I will be gone. Should you get in my way.” With that Grailin held the palm of his right crimson hand out flat, releasing a force of energy knocking the two armed rbiter’s on their backs five metres from where they’d stood.
“Of coarse. You are free to come and go where you please. We will not interfere in your affairs.” The remaining rbiter explained with a shaky voice.
“Now take your dogs and leave my sight.”
The man turned away and quickly scuttled off from the platform followed by the others.

The interior of the tavern walls were covered in pictures of pirates and Dominican desert lizards. The long wooden bar was placed at the far side of the smoky tavern, with strange looking aliens and humans sat on the metallic stools drinking their beverages and chatting away with each other. Across the centre were large wooden tables with others playing card games. Positioned at the closest to the bar a bearded man sat smoking a fat cigar in one hand and a set of cards in the other. Behind him stood two guards attired in camouflage clothing, one had long hair tired into a pony tail from the top of his head while the other had a shaven head and a least a weeks worth of stubble across his chin. Around the table playing cards were five others three human and one lizard looking creature with four arms. And another white looking humanoid with a long face bearing no nose. The bearded man placed his cards on the table. “My win I believe.” He said taking a drag off his fat cigar.

The double doors burst open letting the street lights flood across the room. Grailin entered covered in his black cloak. Slowly he turned to face the bearded man, like a ghost walking on water Grailin walked over to the man.
“Rogue trader I request your service’s.” He said looking down on the table.
“Ha, ha, ha, ha. Well, well what a very impressive display. So what are you supposed to be?” The rogue trader laughed.
Grailin clapped his hands together releasing a force of psychic energy, which blew the table on its side knocking the other five players on their backs. The whole occupants of the tavern stopped what they were doing from the noise of the table. The two guards behind the trader un-holstered their side arms, then pointed them in Grailin’s face. Grailin spun his staff in one hand like a propeller into the two men throwing them across the tavern. Grailin pulled back his cloak revealing his dark blue armour with his boasted eagles crest.
“Oh crap an Astartes.” The over grown land lord of the tavern bellowed moments before ducking behind his bar.
Within seconds the place was emptied from the fleeing of the customers, upturning the stools and tables in the swift speed to evacuate the tavern.
“Once again I request your service’s.” Grailin said pulling back his hood.
The rogue trader looked up at the crimson fist with small beads of sweat rolling down from his forehead, he moved both his hands through his long brown hair trying hard not to tremble.
“Why h…have y…you sort m…me out.”
“You are Ivan Von Cappella, aren’t you?” Grailin asked picking up a chair and sitting in it.
“Y…yes but h…how do you know my name.” Cappella asked.
“Reputation.”
“So what c…can I do for a space marine.”
“I need transport and you have a big ship.”
“You want me to take you to where?”
“Kylle.” Grailin said with an echo.
“It will take me a day to finish with my business here, I need to collect my pay from my last transport job.”
Grailin rose from his seat and again loomed over Cappella. “You have twenty four hours to finish your business. Then I will dock my ship in yours. Fear not trader you will be paid for this journey.”
“You do realise Kylle is far from Imperial borders don’t you. May I ask why you are so eager to get there.” Cappella asked.
Grailin walked over to the doors and then turned. “My affairs do not concern you. Just be ready in twenty four hours trader.”
With that the Librarian was gone.
Cappella turned to his two unconscious guards. “And you call your self last chancers.”

The Planet Kylle.

Quinn drove his rhino into the small Spectre Knights complex, steering it past the two marines who’d opened the mash gates for him. The blizzard made them almost invisible. Once Quinn had steered past the two marines they closed the gates behind him. He drove the rhino towards a large hanger. The hanger doors opened for Quinn to steer the troop carrier inside. The clutch groaned as he pulled on the brakes and the rhino stopped inside the cold hanger.
Once outside the rhino Quinn went to greet commander Kallis who was approaching him walking past the other parked silver rhino’s.
“Where is Graim.” Kallis bellowed his voice across the hanger.
“Commander he went to investigate a crash landing.” Quinn answered looking into the deep eyes of Commander Kallis.
Kallis was attired in Silver ceramite with black shoulder pads bearing the mark of deaths head with a sword placed down the centre. Across his waist hung his chain sword, clanging against the ceramite of his leg. His left hand was attired within a power fist, bearing the mark of a skull and cross bones with his other hand he rubbed his bold head with frustration. Behind Kallis stood Brother Toby.
Toby was carrying a set of spanners in both hands. Stood at his side was Techmarine Devern.
Devern was attired in red ceramite with litany praising the machine god scrolled across his armour in black. The left half of his face was completely cybernetic. Hovering over his back hung a large mechanic claw.
“A crash landing. Sounds like we have some unwanted company.” Brother Toby interrupted.
“Could it be our brothers the Crimson Fists.” Asked Quinn.
“I doubt that they think we are dead. It could only be one of two things the Imperium or the foul stench of chaos. Either one will have only been brought here by the knowledge of that crash space hulk. And both spell trouble for us.” Kallis explained.
“Brother Toby take two from your squad use the bikes and head for the crash site. If you find Graim bring him back. We need to know who were dealing with here.” Ordered Kallis.
“What do we do regarding the space hulk.” Asked techmarine Devern.
“We find it first. Without it we’re stuck on this artic rock.” Kallis finished.

The crashed vessel Raven laid covered under three foot of snow now, the storm was calming down with the winds turning softer. Anuska stood looking over the burnt and charred body of her farther, with the husky Rex at her side. “What do we do now Rex. I’m scared. And its very cold, we will have to hide inside the ship to keep warm and hide from them nasty men.” The husky barked in agreement with her, then stopped from the sound of howling wolfs coming from the trees in the distance. “C’mon lets hide.” Anuska said moving the fallen snow from the side of the Raven, then she climbed inside followed by Rex.

“Oh my a little prey to play with.” Tork said watching the little girl climb into the crashed vessel. He licked his lips while brushing the snow flakes from his black armour behind him stood another two Black legion chaos space marines.
“Lets go have some fun.” Another of them said.
The three warriors cocked their bolters and walked across the vessel Tork let his long dreadlocks dance across the back of his head as he bent down to peer through the hole the girl had climbed through.
Anuska was curled up into a ball with her small arms wrapped around Rex in a hug. The husky looked up to see the white face of the mutated Tork peering in at them. Anuska opened her eye’s and looked up. “Aaaaaaahh.” She screamed.
“Hello there play thing.” Tork said grabbing her by the arm, and then yanking her towards him. Rex jumped up barking and growling at the black armoured warrior. Seconds later Tork yanked the girl from the vessel followed by Rex jumping out and taking a bite of his face. “Bastard mutt.” He said swiping the husky from his face and across the snow. Anuska screamed in horror with Tork squeezing his grip on her arm. He spun around slamming her into the snow. Then looking up to laugh he met with the head of a silver thunder hammer slamming into his face. The impact shattered his skull killing him instantly, forcing his now dead corpse to drop into the snow.
Anuska looked up to see a hooded figure eliding the hammer in one hand. “Behind you” she screamed. The man turned around with his free hand clenching a bolter/plasma combi. The chaos marine attacking him met with a blast of hot plasma knocking him backwards through the snow, followed by a burst of bolter fire cutting into the black ceramite of his chest. Blood splashed out across the snow, creating a red blanket. The third chaos marine took hold of his daemonic bolter with both hands and opened fire, spraying bolter shells ricocheting of the damaged hull of the Raven. But the hooded man was too quick for the chaos warrior. Disappearing from sight then re-emerging behind him. The warrior spun around in a panic, to see the cloak and hood fall back from this new attacker. “Crimson Fist.” He cried from the sight of Syakotus slamming his thunder hammer into his skull and knocking his head from his shoulders. The headless corpse dropped backwards, with black blood pouring from the severed neck.
Syakotus hooked the thunder hammer across his back then bent down by the unconscious husky. He placed two of his synthetic fingers over Rex’s neck. “He’ll live.” He said standing back up and looking down on the girl.
“They killed my farther.” Anuska said standing up and taking hold of Syakotus’s leg with both her arms in a hug. “They killed everyone.” She sobbed.
“Well then little girl it would appear we’re both lost here.”
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 30 Jul 2006, 11:15

Chapter Three
“Sudden Attack”

Three Miles East Off The Planetary International Space Port

Sergeant Merrik sat in the passengers seat next to Private Connelly, Merrik looked out across the dry and emptiness of the desert surrounding them. Both men and the gunner Phillip’s felt every bump the jeep ran over, while it sped across the sand. Merrik had a tight grip of his las pistol still holstered at his waist. His chin was covered in days of growth from his stubble. The three were attired in a sandy brown desert camouflage Connelly had a tight grip of the desert brown dusty jeep’s steering wheel. “Should reach the space port in about thirty minutes serge.”
Connelly said taking his eyes momentarily of the desert ahead.
The three had the look of Cadian shock troopers. Behind them followed a heavily armoured troop carrier, with an assault cannon mounted on the top turret, as it moved the sound of grinding metal echoed across the emptiness of the desert. And behind the carrier another armoured jeep followed.
The three vehicles raced across the sand in single file in the direction of the space port, kicking up sand from their wheels in their wake.

The Planet Kylle

Toby sped across the snow mounted on his bike heading towards the crashed vessel Raven, behind him Wilks and Rymon followed on the black and silver bikes. Wilkes steered with one hand will tightly holding his plasma gun in the other. The three bikes stopped at a set of tall snow covered trees. Toby removed his black helmet resting it on the twin bolters under the handle bars of his bike. His blond hair was cropped short and neatly cut. Across his forehead his skin was disfigured by flame burns, streaking down to his left cheek. Slowly he unhooked his auspex spitting on the screen, then with his free hand he wiped the ice from it. The auspex bleeped softly revealing two red dots towards the top of the screen.
“Ave yeah picked up any signs of life.” Rymon asked while watching as the snow softly fell from the dark sky above.
Lifting his arm up Toby pointed out across the tree’s “Yeah. We’ve got two life signs headed north of here.”
“Two.” Wilks said butting in.
“Could one be brother Graim.” Asked Rymon.
“Not entirely show Rymon.” Toby said re-hooking the auspex to his waist.
With a loud roar he revved up his bike again. “Only one way to find out.” He said, setting off again. The three bikes rode off through the trees.

Syakotus had covered Anuska with his black sack cloth cloak to keep her warm from the surrounding cold. Both walked slowly through the snow covered trees. Anuska constantly looking at Syakotus. “Are you a space marine?” She asked while patting Rex across his head.
Syakotus stopped and looked down at the girl with a half smile. “I was once.”
“Why aren’t you now?” She asked, looking up.
“Because a bad thing took over me.”
“My farther say’s space marines protect us.”
“Your farther must have been wise little girl.”
“My name is Anuska. What is your name?”
“Syakotus.”
Anuska giggled holding her hand to her small mouth. “That’s a funny name. Why are your hands red?” She asked inquisitively.
“Because I was once a Crimson Fist.”
“What’s a Crimson Fist?”
Syakotus turned away from her and started to walk through the trees again. “Do you ever shut up?” He said, thudding each step he took into the snow.
In the distance they both heard the sound of approaching motors, Syakotus took hold of his combi with both hands crouching one knee in the snow. “Wha…”
“Sssch.” Syakotus motioned to silence Anuska.
“Get down.” He then added.
The roaring of engines grew closer and louder. Then Syakotus looked up to see three silver bikes driving in between the trees below the hill he knelt on.
“I know those colours.” He said looking down on the three silver Spectre Knights. He closed his eye, and thought of were he’d seen them before.

The smoke from the exploding krak grenades drifted into the young face of Captain Syakotus adding more black sut across his chilled cheeks from the biting of the cold as he pushed forwards through the snow and trees, each step he took sank through the snow with a slight crunch from his wait, even for a space marine Captain he was rather tall as he plunged his feet down with the weight of his armour, bullet shells fell all around; the sound was loud especially as the bullets from the traitors he was sent to execute thudded into the trees he and his men had to use for cover. The smell of burning metal was all about; he felt the filth from the smoke upon his face and through his long hair even though it was neatly tied in a pony tail it still felt greasy through the dirt of the evaporating smoke as it moved swiftly in clouds carried within the strong icy cold winds that moved between the trees creating a stale musty aura. He could see through the wisps falling to the ground or moving into his face, assault squad Teaxon advancing forwards using the trees for their only cover, “Careful now they will be using this smoke for cover.” He voxed.

A blast before him caught his eye it was one of Teaxon’ S squad blown sky high blood splashed in a shower of red across the snow then laid in the form of a red blanket. That spread across the trees and those nearest as the marine’s limbs were ripped from their sockets, a direct hit to the marines chest took his life literally pouring his intestines across his scattered legs and the closest of trees, although it was a horrific way to die his name will be remembered as a hero in battle, his name Vasone. Then another explosion closer this time splashing snow from the ground across his dark blue ceramite armour Syakotus stopped “Damn this fraggin’ smoke” He bellowed. The sudden explosion had blown smoke straight up to his face, the smell was like burning copper, and he wanted to pull up his crimson hand and wipe the black smoke away but knew it would do no good. He turned his head to his rear to see tactical squad Gustus following. Their dark blue ceramite armour was like a black dot on a sheet of white paper. “Check your rears” He voxed them.
He turned back to his frontal in time to watch two more explosions this time further away from him and his advancing marines; but the smoke came in thicker floating over and across the trees in large black grey clouds just there in the air, on through the snow he ploughed his heavy feet sank into it as he walked, sometimes the ground was as even as it could be, yet another step would go far down into the snow and for a moment or two he would be stuck there left vulnerable. On this occasion he used both his crimson red hands to pull his foot from the hole he’d made as he became stuck; his foot became free he picked up his storm bolter again, a second before he stood up the wisp of a bullet swiped past him knocking him back a step that was close he thought, then another flew into the tree to his left as he and his company got closer to the traitors, the gun fire thumped all about, it appeared to ricochet between the trees and at any moment they would shatter or explode, yet they just stood there all brazen and defiant in the thick of the battle.
Syakotus’ and his men used them for cover, as did the traitors, like Syakotus and his company of Crimson Fists they too were brother space marines, only branded traitors, the perfect enemy for the Crimson Fists equal in combat. As Syakotus ploughed on towards them followed by his battle brothers the snow falling down started to turn more into a blizzard as the cold began to really bite at the skin of Syakotus’ face. God bless the Emperor for his guidance god bless Rogal Dorn for the strength of his will he’d passed down to the Crimson Fists. Syakotus felt the cold in his throat with each of his breaths, yet on he went, everything seemed pure and clean, all the more harsher for the slain blood to fall on, how dare it fall so silently, covering everything falling on him and his men, dancing off his armour in the wind as if to taunt them in the face of battle clogging their vision.
Without any warning, a power axe cut into his arm through the ceramite armour, he turned in time to see his attacker, a traitor attired in the same armour as his only coloured silver, his helmet black marked with dints proberly from all kinds of battles.
The traitor yanked the power axe from his injured arm, blood spilled from the cut made by the weapon yet soon clotted as Syakotus stepped back, the traitor swung the power axe at him again just missing his chest plate. Syakotus smiled at the traitor as he reached for his large power sword clenched at his back as he lifted it up in his right hand he clicked the switch on the handle with his thumb, as he did so the sword began a low hum. The traitor lunged forward this time with more aggression “Die” He screamed at Syakotus as the power axe he held tightly flung into the tree a kin to Syakotus.
“Oh dear” He said as he swung his power sword into the left shoulder of the traitor cutting deep into his chest with the strike and out of the right side of his rib cage. The traitor’s upper torso slides off the rest of his body and slumped heavily into the snow.
Sergeant Gustus stepped up behind Syakotus, though the rest of squad Gustus wore their helmets he did not and Syakotus could see his face was black with sut from the smoke “Captain are you alright” He asked.
“I. But he isn’t”
Sergeant Gustus pulled out his auspex, which was strapped to his waist, Syakotus looked down on its readings, and the screen was covered up with snow and shards of ice “Fifteen of them we are on top of them now. Remain at my side keep the squad close and tight, this is what Spectre Knights are good at ambushing.” Syakotus explained wiping the snow from the auspex screen with a taint of passion hoping another would jump out at him so he could slay it. “Aye Sir”
Altogether Syakotus had brought twenty-five marines with him tactical squad Gustus assault squad Korde, and assault squad Teaxon down to this arctic weathered planet Kylle at the request of Inquisitor Nathan Salvanfor.
The gunfire then fell silent and the smoke started to evaporate “See anything Korde” He voxed the assault sergeant “No” came the deep reply.
Suddenly from behind gun fire started to chatter again, Gustus turned as he received a bullet through the left rib cage, Hendo aimed his flamer at the rear and let loose the flames in to the trees setting them a light, Syakotus looked across to his right just as he did the Spectre Knights came from out behind the trees and lunged into tactical squad Gustus, they charged like they were on a frenzy swinging their chain swords and power axes above them, Syakotus flung his sword into the first to reach him, the Spectre went to his knees as the silver of his armour blended with the snow, Syakotus shoved his storm bolter in his face and opened fire creating a mess of brain tissue and blood.
Gustus stumbled to his feet as two Spectres swung their chain swords into his chest and throat, Hendo flung around at them to see his sergeant die, he let out a shower of flames that engulfed both of the Spectres, as they flung back groused in flames Ruhin swung his bolter at them setting it to full auto with a tip of the trigger showering the two in bullets “Ruhin watch out.” Bellowed Hendo at the sight of another Spectre swinging his power axe straight through the neck of Ruhin, as he turned to his attacker his head came away slamming hard through the snow as the remaining body slumped down in a floppy collapse.
Hendo dashed over to his Syakotus’s side.

He opened his eye again. “Their traitors. Get into the bush’s little girl.” He said standing up and gently shoving her in some of the nearby snow covered bushes, in between the trees. Then cocking his combi for immediate disperse he backed up against one of the large trees that loomed up, kicking fragments of snow in the air as he did. The roaring bikes got louder with an echo as the sped across the snow filled hill. Slowly Syakotus peered from the side of the tree watching the three of them head towards him. He watched as his breath came from his mouth under the chill of the cold, then with silent ease he took hold of his thunder hammer and gently resting it against the tree trunk. Slowly he set the bolter part of his combi to single shot, then he jumped out and took his aim carefully. Using the targeting system in his bionic eye he aimed at the Spectre knight clenching the plasma gun. Easing his synthetic finger across the trigger he fired off two shots. The sound echoed followed by the ping of the discharge chamber as the two empty shells sprung out. The Spectre knight fell backwards from his bike as the first shot flew through his chest, the second shot flew into his leg as he fell. The bike continued until it crashed into the nearest tree with a bang. The motor continued to roar as the back of the bike flew up then crashed back down splashing into the snow. The other two Spectres’s stopped skidding their bikes to the side. Syakotus fired another two shots using the targeting in his bionic eye. This time both shots thudded into the tyre’s of one of the bikes knocking the Spectre into the air as the bike skidded into a tree. The front wheel burst with a small explosion throwing the warrior into the air before slamming into the side of the tree. The remaining Spectre steered his bike onto the side, and hid behind it. Syakotus used his bionic eye to close in on the target. He watched as the Spectre popped up firing off a few shots from his bolt pistol. The sound screeched across the hill top, then ended as each of the bolt shells thudded into the thick icy bark of the nearby trees. Syakotus fired off another shot, the discharge chamber pinged again, with the bullet clanging against the fuel tank of the bike. Syakotus used the zoom on his eye. He watched the Spectre stand as the bike blew. The Spectre went up with the explosion of the bike both were tossed up into the air. The remaining parts of the warrior’s bike smashed across the snow in burnt out pieces, some of which were still ignited.
“Stay here and don’t move little girl. Should anything happen to me run.” Syakotus said to Anuska as he grabbed his thunder hammer and approached the remaining Spectre Knight.

“Arrrgh.” Toby groaned as he kicked himself up from the snow, he looked up to see crimson fist approach him armed with a combi bolter/plasma combi in one hand, and a thunder hammer in the other. He reached for the communicator attached to his waist, flipping the switch the com made a slight crackle from some form of interference. “Our intruders are Crimson Fists…” Syakotus kicked the com from Toby’s hand knocking it into the snow. Then he pointed the barrel of his combi into Toby’s face. “Why are you approaching me in force.” Syakotus asked.
“We so the crash of your vessel and only came to investigate. Why have you come back here Crimson Fist?”
Syakotus pulled his combi back yet still keeping it pointed at Toby. “Why do you ask me that.”
Toby started to stand slowly looking into Syakotus’s face. “Brother have you come for the Hulk.”
Syakotus tilted his head in bemusement. “Hulk?”
“I guess not.” Tody Answered.
“Duck.” Screamed Anuska.
A plasma blast screeched past Syakotus as he ducked down, then swiftly spinning around he fired off a shot from his combi, after the pink from the chamber the bullet flew into the Spectre’s forehead. The warrior fell backwards releasing his grip from his plasma. He was dead the moment he hit the snow. Syakotus turned back to Toby for more answers of this space hulk, but the plasma shot that missed him had killed Toby. Anuska followed by her Husky ran down to Syakotus. What was this Spectre Knight on about. Whatever it was you could bet that chaos warship in orbit also wanted something to do with this space hulk. And why did he feel compelled to come here. As for the crew of the Raven what the hell had they come here for?
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 30 Jul 2006, 11:19

Chapter Four
“Pastures Greener”

The Planet Kylle

Ectar stood by the wreckage of the gun cutter. The front had almost fully engulfed the two trees’ it had crashed into. Arzon surveyed the area surrounding them, by looking down at his rusty red auspex.
“Anything?” Ectar asked peering through what was left of the cockpit. “No nothing. The survivor’s must have fled.”
Arzon said, while strapping the auspex to his waist.
Ectar tied his long black hair back into a ponytail with a slight smile grazing his pale white face. “Oow goody we get to go on another hunt.”
Arzon removed his medieval looking black helmet, then slowly he hooked it to the back of his waist. “We need to dig out these Spectre Knights first. The mighty Lord Kraken decree’s if we do not it is us who will be running.”
Ectar smiled. “A hunt is a hunt who cares what we are hunting.”
“Kraken does.” Arzon finished as he turned around, leaving a trail of foot prints within the snow as he walked of back to his daemonic looking bike.
Waiting beside it were another seven Black Legion Marines mounted on their daemonic looking bikes.

Private Connelly drove the armoured jeep followed by the convoy through the streets, People moved out the way as The jeep slowly drove down the clean streets of the gigantic space port. A low pitch bleep sounded coming from the com on the dash board. Sergeant Merrik picked up the mouth piece.
“Merrik here.” He said, speaking with a rugged tone to his deep voice.
“Sergeant I will need to check in with the arbites. Instruct Connelly to lead the convoy to the arbites precinct, will you, there’s a good chap.” Crackled the voice of Captain Smitts.
“Aye sir.” Merrik replied, then placed the mouth piece back across the dash board. Connelly looked into the veteran face of Merrik. “I guess that tall building with a golden rbiter atop is the damned place then.” He said.
Merrik just looked into the youthful mans face, grimacing at his smile. “What kind of stupid question is that. Of course it’s the bloody precinct.” Merrik then added in a sarcastic tone before turning back to the people crossing the road infront of the jeep. “MOVE OUT OF THE BLOODY WAY YOU IDIOTS.” Merrik bellowed as he stuck his head out from the jeeps side.

The front of the adaptus arbites precinct was tall, the building was coloured a dirty grey with white pillars towering upwards above the dark brown wooded doors placed at the centre. Placed at either side of the tall over sized wooden doors were two gigantically tall mosaic decorated windows. The windows had the pattern of an angel holding a spear with both hands. Two arbites armed with bulky shotguns stood at either side of the large pillars guarding the doorway. Leading down from the arched doors were a set of wide clean white stairs, about seven steps from the road side. The convoy of the three vehicles stopped at the steps with the armoured troop carrier in between the two jeeps. The Armoured carriers passenger side door opened. A tall well built man stepped down attired in a desert camouflage uniform wearing an armoured chest plate across his upper torso. Atop of his smooth and handsome looking face he adorned an imperial Captains cap. Tucked under his arm was a pointer stick with a golden eagles head at on end, while in his other hand he carried a brown envelope. Captain Smitts walked up the stairs into arbites precinct, followed by one of the guardsmen from the armoured carrier. Once inside the precinct Captain Smitts took a look at his surroundings. The marble floor was coloured over in a clean white. Facing the door stood a what looked like a varnished wooden bar, with two arbites sat from behind it. One of them was a woman with short blond hair, and looked in her early twenties and far to innocent to serve the arbites. The over carried a set of sergeant stripes across each of his black armoured shoulders. The man looked as though he’d been in a few battles by the amount of scars placed across his rugged face. Under his nose stood a long bushy brown moustache. Smitts looked at the light reflecting off the mans bold head. The ceiling was held up by a set of grey marble giant pillars. The Captain approached the bar. “I am Captain Smitts of the Cadian elite. And I require the presence of your superior my good man.” He said, looking down at the arbites.
The sergeant picked up his radio and clicked the side switch. “Sergeant Bestman here, I’ve got a Captain Smitts requesting you.” He said.
“Send him up.” Came the stern reply.
Bestman pointed to a set of stairs covered in a red carpet behind the bar he sat at.
“Thank you good man.” Smitts said passing the bar and heading towards the stairs.

Grailin sat in his gun cutter looking out the cockpits window, which over looed a good part of the space port. He watched the other vessels coming and going, the whole port was as busy by day as by night he thought. He looked down on his softly humming controls console and watched the lights momentarily before closing his eyes to rest for his journey with the rogue trader.

Inside the monastery Grailin stood alone, within the centre of the chapter master’s throne room. He stood attired only in crimson sackcloth. Looking up at the beautiful images of the angels pasted within the pillars, which reached high up to the long ceiling, above.
The floor which Grailin stood upon was made of pure marble, stained with the colour of black.
Whilst Grailin stood alone waiting for the chapter master Pedro Kantor to give him his penitence, all one hundred and twenty eight marines of the first company stood together in full battle armour looking on at him.
The atmosphere was some what quiet; if a pin were to drop it would be heard throughout the entire throne room.
Grailin looked up from the sound of armoured feet marching from the other-sized doorway at the far walls centre. Although his head remained tilted down he watched chaplain Quornas enter clad in black armour carrying his Crozius with one hand. His helmet was moulded like that of a human skull, with red beady eyes glowing in the low light. Behind Quornas entered the chapter’s chief of librarians. Both men stood at either side of Pedro’s throne.
Then a third figure emerged from the darkness of the doorway, adorned only in crimson sackcloth from his hood to his feet.
Grailin turned towards the throne, watching the figure sit within the golden chair.
There was more ghostly silence for a few more moments.
Then.
“Grailin do you understand, why you have been, convened here before me.” The man asked.
Grailin raised his head but only slightly.
“I do chapter Master.” Came his whispered reply.
“Good then I shall begin.” Started the chapter master.
“You have been brought here before me for the disgrace you have brought upon the chapter.” Pedro began to rest both of his hands on each of the golden thrones arm rests.
“It is because of your ignorance of informing me that one of the greatest Captains this chapter has ever had.
Had become stressed with visions of this demonic sphere, of which has now led to his death.”
“He is not dead.” Grailin said interrupting.
Pedro rose up to his feet.
“As far as we are concerned he is dead. Because of you. We have an entire fleet of Grey Knights orbiting Ryan’s world. To ensure we do not leave, while the Inquisition investigates US.”
Grailin stepped back slightly.
“They are even investigating our gene-banks. Not to forget you were returned to me in shackles. We who are amongst the loyalist within the Imperium. Have now been disgraced.”
Grailin bowed his head once more. “I am prepared to accept my penitence.”
Pedro stepped down from the throne and closer towards Grailin. “It is not that simple. Because of your actions I have lost the entire fifth company including the battle cruiser Forge Hand, and company Captain.” Turning his back to Grailin Pedro began walking back to the throne.
“I have spoken with the Librarians and Librarian Master of Librarian’s; it is their decision that you are no longer worthy to wear the light blue armour of which they represent. Thus your armour will be painted the traditional dark blue of the chapter.” Pedro sat back in his throne, resting his arms again on the arm rests.
“Because of this disgrace the only punishment left to give is exile.”
Grailin looked up. “I understand chapter master.”
“You will atone for what you have done. But it will be alone. I task you with an oath, and that oath is you will fight in the name of the Crimson Fist chapter, until the day you are killed or die. There for, it is my decision that you may keep the chapter markings. But only so that you will be recognised.”
“Your word is law chapter master.” Grailin said in an almost silent whisper.
“Understand me when I say this to you Grailin. You will never be allowed to return here to Ryan’s world. As of now you are an outcast.”
The whole of the throne room echoed from the crimson fists first company turning their backs to Grailin.

Quornas walked over to Grailin. Then began to escort him from the fortress monastery. Once both men were clear of the throne room. Quornas removed his Helmet. Grailin looked into the eyes of the old veteran “If by any chance you find Syakotus and he has good in his heart, maybe you can guide him. I do not know how this tragedy has befallen him.”
“We Work In The Dark. We Do What We Can To Battle The Monsters That Would Otherwise Destroy Us... Yet Sometimes the Weight of This Burden Causes Us to Bend and Falter, Allowing Evil To Breach The Fragile Fortress Of Our Mind.
Allowing the Monsters Without To Turn Within. And We Are Left alone, staring Into the Abyss... Into The Laughing Face of Madness.” Grailin said, looking back at the long and narrow face of Quornas.
“Though I understand your words that Syakotus may have faltered, I do not believe him a heretic.” Finished Quornas, before turning his back to Grailin.
Grailin started to make his way across the landing pad positioned on the eastern wall of the over towering monastery, then stopped. “I will find him.”

Grailin sat up abruptly to the sound of loud overbearing thrusters screeching over head from a passing vessel.

The chief arbiter was a large and overweight man. Captain Smitts looked into his fat face and watched as the man stuffed his face with freshly cooked meat from his plate. Smitts watched as the man chewed his food while breathing through his mouth at the same time. The fat from his meat drivelled down his chinas he spat bits out across his paper covered desk. “Well Captain what do you want.” He said slowly wiping his mouth with a dirty yellow cloth. “I have some business here good man. And I may need the aide of some of your men.” Smitts explained.
The rbiter chief stood from his desk, letting his belly hang from his armoured chest the man brushed his hand through his greasy short black hair. He stood and looked out of his window. “Why would you need my help Captain when you have that kind of arsenal with you. I have to say today is a strange day what with the arrival of that psychic Astartes. And now your lot.” He asked turning back to the Captian.
“Astartes what Astartes. Unusual there is only one.”
Smitts stood from his chair and handed his brown envelope to the Chief. “What’s this?” He asked.
“Your order’s. I’m am here to bring back two deserters, they are last chancers. And I suspect they are travelling with a rogue trader.” Smitts Explained.
The Chief looked up. “Cappella.” He said sitting back at his desk.
“You will have what ever you need at your disposal. Cappella himself carries a well armed crew. And I sincerely mean very dangerous, he hired them from Necromunda.”

The Planet Kylle

Syakotus lit a small fire in between the trees he the Husky and Anuska sat. The little girl sat covered over with Syakotus’s sackcloth cloak. “What is your name little girl.” He asked.
“Anuska, and my husky is called Rex. What is your name?”
Syakotus picked up some more logs he’d cut earlier and throw them on the fire. “Syakotus.” He said.
Anuska started to giggle. “That’s a funny name.” She said, with a smirk.
“Sleep little girl you will need your energy for our long walk tomorrow.”
Anuska sat up and looked at Syakotus for a long minute. “Why is your hair long.” She asked.
Syakotus looked into her small blue eyes. “Why is your hair long.” He asked.
Anuska giggled “Because I’m a girl stupid.”
Syakotus smiled at her reply, then thought through all she must have witness in the last few days; she could still bring a smile to her face. Maybe she was stronger willed than he would have given her credit for.
From the distance the howling of wolves echoed through the woods. Rex sat up straight with his sharp pointed ears pricked up on end. Again the sounds of howling echoed. Anuska started to lay down besides Syakouts, again the howling began, only this time Rex howled back. “Why is Rex howling back.” She asked.
“Because they are calling him, and he is answering them.”
“But why does Rex Howl back.” She asked gain.
“Syakotus looked past the trees then back at Rex. “Because I suspect part of him wants to be with them.”
“But why does he stay with us.”
“Because he wants to keep you safe.”
Syakotus Then covered Anuska completely with his cloak as she began to close her eyes.
Rex Howled up again then laid besides Anuska, the howling from the distant wolfs stopped.
Syakotus leaned against a tree and closed his eyes as he did he began to remember more things.

With a bright green glow, the walls and floor also reflected the green. In the centre was a bright green sphere with Inquisitor Salvanfor pulling cables from its belly. “Salvanfor why are you unplugging it. Destroy it now.” Syakotus said.
Salvanfor looked up at him with the barrel of his shotgun, “Captain.” He said seconds before blasting him head on in the chest. Syakotus fell back at the ground.
“Its over for you now Captain.” He said pulling the last of the cables out.
“Going somewhere traitor.” Announced Bruttin as he jumped off from the steps. Syakotus looked up to see Prill come from the steps at the other end “Master we are ready.”
“Good, load this up on the Spectres Thunderhawk.” He ordered. Bruttin flexed his claws out wide “Your going nowhere.” Syakotus stood back to his feet slamming his power sword into the back of Bruttin, The blood poured down the blade. “Neither are you.” Bruttin spun round “You fool you know not what you do. For the sake of Dorn stand aside.” He said slashing his claws into Syakotus splitting the ceramite protecting his chest. Syakotus backed off pulling his sword away from Bruttin “You have no right to speak Rogal Dorns name.” He yelled swinging his sword into the claws of Bruttins left hand, slicing through them, Bruttin slashed at him with his right hand Splitting his shoulder pad into two, Syakotus brought his sword round for another swipe at Bruttin this time taking his left hand with a clean cut, Bruttin let out a scream as he stuck the claws from his right hand through the stomach of Syakotus splashing blood across the room, Syakotus flung his sword into Bruttins upper torso cutting in deep, as he pulled his claws from Syakotus making another slash this time into his chest. Syakotus felt the intense of the pain flow through him and with what strength remained brought his sword up and plunged it into Bruttins neck and then spinning around slicing through forcing his head to separate from the rest of him.
Syakotus fell to his knees covered in the blood of Bruttin and mortally wounded. “You tricked me.” He said as he fell backwards hitting the floor with the back of his head. As he helplessly watched Salvanfor and Prill take the Necrosphere with them, he closed his eyes.

Opening his eyes Syakotus sat up to witness the dark sky above turning grey. He looked down to see Anuska had curled up next to him with the Husky at he side.
Gently he rocked her to wake her. She slowly opened her eyes as did Rex. “Come on we have to go now.” He softly said.
“I’m hungry.” She said.
Reaching for his pack he pulled out some standard issue biscuits and gave her the pack. “Eat these they will fill your hunger needs.”
Anuska took the biscuits from him.

Captain Kallis stood at the hangers gigantic mettle doors watching as the gentle snow began to swiftly turn into a raging blizzard. The dark sky above changed to a dull grey sky. Quinn stepped up next to his Captain of the Spectre Knights. “Captain Brother Toby called in then got cut off. He managed to speak the word Crimson Fists are here.”
Kallis turned towards Quinn. “Surely he can’t be right. There Captain thought he’d killed us all. He even took the life of Commander Bruttin. Before that Traitorous Inquisitor Nathan Salvanfor stole the Necrosphere.”
“Well they were Brother Toby’s last words.” Quinn repeated.
“Unless they have come for the space hulk buried within the ice. We need to find it’s burial ground before they do.” Kallis vanished.

Techmarine Devern sat at his console buried underground, the light flickered on and off constantly as Devern danced his fingers over his console. The scanner before him started to light up consistently then began bleeping with a loud echo through the cavern he was placed. Switching the vox unit within his throat he said. “Captain we have the location of the Hulk.”
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 30 Jul 2006, 11:21

Chapter Five
“Preparations”

Ivan Von Cappella stood on the wooden flooring in the centre of a large warehouse, the ceiling was very high up from the ground. Running across the walls of the spacious warehouse were two levels leading up to the arched ceiling. Each level was as long as a corridor or more of a walkway and made of rusty metal with the look of scaffolding. Running upwards was a set of metal stairs on each level and each wall. At the top there was what looked like a platform with a small wooden room at the top, with a singular window and a set of stairs coming down from the door way. To one of the side walkways. On each side and each walkway stood large muscular men, half naked from the waist upwards all armed with either an auto gun or shot gun. Down from their shoulders to their waists were leather straps with metal studs running down. Each of the large men had a large and bushy red Mohawk in the centre of their heads running down the back of their heads. The trousers they wore had an urban camouflage pattern. Cappella stood watching the gigantic old and rusty metal door to the front of the warehouse. His long dark red coat hung down stiffly to his black dusty pointed boats. His long coat hung open, running down the open side’s hung large golden buttons.
Strapped to his waist hung his bolt pistol holstered to his thick brown belt, with the open coat revealing his black shirt, and black trousers. He stood stroking his beard with beads of sweat running from his forehead down his face.
Stood at his side were two rough looking guards attired in imperial guard’s uniforms. One of the men had a long pony tail hanging down from the top of his head. The other had a shaven head, both were armed with las guns. The warehouse was covered in large box shaped wooden crates some of which were pilled up three too four box’s high. The sound of approaching vehicles started to get closer and closer, until they stopped outside the doors from either end of the warehouse.
“They’re here Cappella.” Said one of his guards.
Cappella picked up his com. “Are you in place.” He sternly asked.
The com crackled. “Yup, I got a birds eye view boss.” Came the crackled reply.
Cappella replaced the com on his belt. The sudden noise of the main front doors opening grabbed his attention. The guards raised their las guns. “Put ‘em down.” Cappella ordered has he ushered his hand down to the men. The sunlight from outside flooded into the shadowed warehouse lighting up the floor. The three men watched as a hooded man entered the warehouse slowly approaching them. “Driscule your cargo has been delivered.” Cappella called out.
“You’ll be expecting payment then.” The man called back.
“That is the general idea.” Cappella said.
Suddenly they were all startled by the sudden sound of las fire coming from outside. Driscule spun back around un-holstering his auto pistol. “What the hell?” Bellowed Cappella.
“Their not mine I swear.” Driscule called back.
His voice was followed by the sound of a low pitch whistle, followed by a splurge of blood sprouting from his head as a las shot flew out from the back, Driscule then dropped to the wooden floor on his back in a pool of his own blood. Cappella watched as a large desert coloured armoured jeep stormed in from the entrance. Then Cappella spun around to the rear entrance to witness an armoured troop carrier smash its way into the warehouse, followed by a spray of assault cannon fire spraying bullets across the warehouse floor smashing into the wooden crates Cappella dived onto his chest and ran for cover in between a set of crates followed by his two guards firing back at the attacking troop carrier, the sound became somewhat deafening. The troop carrier drove into the centre of the warehouse knocking some of the crates sideways as it did. From above the muscular men open fire onto the jeep and troop carrier. The assault cannon gunner aimed the gun upwards and fired at those firing down on him, killing some of them as he did, until a single bullet thudded into the centre of his skull killing him instantly. The dead man slumped over the assault cannon.

Cappella un-holstered his golden looking bolt pistol and began to raise it for aiming. “Imperial guard.” He muttered to one of his guards.
“Aye they’ve come for us boss.” The shaven guard said back taking aim with his las gun.
The three of them watched as the back of the troop carrier opened up with a single man jumping down. From what they saw of him his head was shaped very strangely as though it was some kind of psychic device. The guard with the pony tail Walsh took aim on the man then stopped in panic. “Shi-te. Culexus Assassin.” He bellowed.
The crates the three men used for cover were blown to pieces into shattered wood, throwing them on their backs. From the walkways above the Mohawk’d men fired their shot guns at the Culexus. But the assassin looked up towards them and stopped the bullets in mid air then let them drop to the wooden floor. The Culexus let loose some kind of sonic sound aimed at the attackers. Three of them fell to their knees dropping their guns with a clang to the metal of the walkway, the men held their ears.
Dropping from their knees they began to roll around with their ears gushing with blood. The men’s dieing groans went unheard through the echo of gun fire.

Sergeant Merrik drove the armoured jeep up to the troop carrier through the gun fire.
Trooper Phillips kept his fingers squeezed on the trigger of the heavy bolter mounted atop of the jeep. Merrik spun the jeep around skidding the back into one of the crates. The deafening sound of bolter fire roared above from Phillips. Connelly dived out from the door of the passengers side clenching his las gun with both hands firing of las shots at the attackers from above. Merrik un-holstered his las pistol looking out from the front window of the jeep. “They’re Goliaths gangsters. Connelly take careful aim we’re up against the Goliaths of Necromunda.” He bellowed jumping out from the drivers side. The Culexus assassin jumped up onto the top of the jeep letting out another psychic force upwards.

Cappella picked up him hand com peering past a crate he’d just ran to. “Jordon get the hell in here. We need yer.” He bellowed into it, before poping up and firing of two shots from his bolt pistol.

The ammo from the heavy bolter Phillips was firing ran dry, with the heavy firing sound running silent. Followed by the sound of heavy stubber fire. Phillips turned to see another of the Goliaths enter the main doors,the man was much bigger than the others and slowly strode in holding a heavy stubber, with empty bullet shells dropping from its discharge chamber, as he fire the gun. Suddenly Phillips felt a series of sharpe stabbing pains as stubber shells ploughed into his chest.
Merrik looked up to witness the Culexus assassin convulse from side to side as stubber shells danced their way through his armour followed by a shower of his blood. The Sergeant dropped to his knees and crouched behind the jeep using it for cover. The sound of the heavy stubber bullets slam into the side echoes across the warehouse above the other gun fire. Merrik watched as five other imperial guards dropped to their deaths on exiting the troop carrier, from the stubber fire. Connelly dropped down besides his sergeant. “We need to drop that fragger.” He bellowed over the deafening sound. Sergeant Merrik dropped down to his chest and crawled under the carriage of the jeep, once under he aimed his las pistol at the heavy gunner. He fired off one shot, then watch as it hit the gunner in the shoulder. The Goliath staggered back a step, but continued his attack. Merrik fired off another shot at the man. Again the goliath staggered back as the shot hit his chest. But still the second shot didn’t stop him. “Holy Emperor what does it take.” He said to himself. Merrik aimed his gun at the gunners legs and fired of two shots, the first missed just grazing his leg, the second slammed straight into his knee cap. The Goliath dropped down on one leg, with a gush of blood spraying from his wounded knee. Merrik fired again. The shot slammed into the gunners other knee forcing him to drop face down. Watching as the Goliath started to raise his head and see Merrik. Looking into his eyes Sergeant Merrik fired again, he watched as the las blast thudded into the gangsters head, killing him instantly.
Connelly ran from the cover of the armoured jeep towards the crates. Once there he watched one of the last chancers rose up to take a shot. Having the element of surprise Connelly slammed the but of his las gun into the mans face knocking him down unconscious. “Captain Smitts will ‘ave yer shot you deserter.” He said stepping over the man with his las gun now pointing at the back of his head.

Cappella slowly sneaked behind the crates towards the back entrance with hisbolt pistol held in both hands. As he got to the back entrance he witnessed four black armoured adaptus arbites enter with shot guns blazing upwards at the Goliath gangsters. One by one he watched as they fell. Sweat rolled down his forehead under the heat, surrounded by a build up of gun smoke he crouched down praying he would stay unseen from the arbites.

Merrik crawled out from the jeep and ran up the stairs towards the wooden looking office near the arch ceiling. Holding his las pistol with both hands and pointed forwards he picked off the gangsters as he passed them. Once he reached the stairs facing the door of the wooden office he spotted a sniper raising his head to take a shot. Merrik dashed up the stairs and dived into the room. The gangster turned towards him with the look of shock pressed on his tanned face. Merrik fired his las pistol at the man, the shot flew through his forehead knocking him backwards. Staggering back the Goliath sniper fell from the window.

The remaining last chancer slowly crept towards Connelly with his gun aimed at the guardsman’s head. “Drop it.” He yelled, while he emerged from cover of the crates.
Connelly turned to face him with a smiled pressed across his youthful face. “What you gotta smile about.” The last chancer said, before feeling the but of another gun against the back of his head. “Thanks for that.” Connelly thanked the rbiter that had knocked the man unconscious.

Cappella jumped up and ran for the exit almost unseen by the distraction of his man been captured.

Merrik approached the two last chancers whilst the arbites shackled them. “That was rough. What’s our loss’s.” He asked looking at Connelly.
“These fraggers took out half the squad. And we lost the assassin.” Connelly answered.
Another armoured jeep entered the warehouse driving fastly until stopped by the Sergeant, skidding with the passenger side facing him. The door opened and Captain Smitts stepped out. “That Them?”
“Yes sir.” Merrik answered.
“But I think we lost the rogue trader sir.” He added.
Captain Smitts removed his cap to wipe his forehead. “We’ll pick him up as he tries to escape and cease his ship in the process.”
“Yes sir.” Merrik finished.
“I have also been informed there is an Astartes in the space port. The damned presence of any Astartes in my experience always leads to trouble.”

The Planet Kylle

Lord Kraken of the Black Legion stood at the centre of his destructor class warship surround by a veil of darkness. He stood staring from the view screen, watching the planet Kylle he mused on at the site of the clouds moving erratically. Sat at the console’s forward of him were lesser men, cultists. The men wore imperial guard armour with decorated emblems of the gods of chaos. The guardsmen looked as though they once served the Mordian iron guard, yet now any allegiance to the Imperium has long since past them. Behind Lord Kraken stood Arumik holding a sorcerers staff, the staff stood at the same height as him, the bladed bottom rest against the floor, while the skull pentagram levelled his horned black helmet. Arumik’s armour was covered over by his long dark purple and black striped cloak with the back trailing across the floor behind him.
“My lord, Ectar has reported in, on that second crashed vessel. According to his findings the survivor or survivors have gone.” One of the crew who sat behind Kraken announced.
Lord Kraken made no movement, he remained in his stance staring at the planet. The crewman knew better to attract the lords attention.
Kraken slowly strode towards the main window keeping his gaze fixed on the planet. His long black leather cape barely moved with him, the cape remained tight against his blacker than black armour. Strapped to his side hung above the black chain mail covering his waist down to his pointed knee pads, rested his daemonic sword sheathed in a black suede scabbard. His armour had no colour except been different shades of black. He rubbed his pale white chin whilst he turned towards Arumik, hung above his scalp hung his black ponytail trailing halfway down his back.
“My lord could it be someone else looking for the hulk.” Arumik slithered out.
Kraken grimaced. “Possibly.”
“My lord do you think Ectar is up to the task of finding it. You know what he’s like when it comes to hunting others down, he gets a little distracted shall we say.”
“I suggest that you join Ectar on the surface. Use your psyche to aide him.” Kraken said, speaking with a low pitch to his tone.
Arumik said nothing in return he merely bowed in acknowledgement before turning to leave the bridge.
“Arumik explain to Ectar that I shall be along shortly and that I want to be informed of everything.” Kraken added.

Captain Kallis stood in the main compound of the Spectre Knights small base. The wind was beginning to pick up with a more forceful strength pushing some of the fuel barrels on their sides. Kallis watched as the Land Raider emerged from the main hanger led out by Brother Paladin waving his arms to direct the tank. Techmarine Devern approached Kallis holding out a combi gun. “Captain I have finished your new weapon.” He explained as he handed it to Kallis.
“It should prove you worthy in battle.”
Kallis took the weapon from Devern with a slight smiled pressed across his freezing face.
“Have the teams assemble in the main hanger once we’ve unloaded the tanks.”
“As you wish.” Devern replied.
“What’s are vehicle count.” Kallis asked, whilst strapping his combi over his shoulder.
Devern looked up at the grey sky to witness a build up in snow fall. “Looks like the stormy weather is picking up again. We have two land speeders three rhino’s the land raider and ten bikes left. Brother Quinn’s squad will have to run behind.”

“Assemble them in the hanger once the vehicles have unloaded from the hanger.” Kallis ordered as he strode off into a smaller bunker half covered by the snow.

Captain Kallis stood in front of the open doors of the Spectre Knights hanger, at his side stood Techmarine Devern attired his red armour. Stood to attention was seventy six Spectre Knights space marines all clenching their weapons pressed up against their chests. The freezing cold of the icy temperatures was biting at each and everyone of the brothers as they stood and listened to Captain Kallis address them.

“Brothers we have faced such grate losses that no longer are we a chapter, and that no longer does the Emperor’s Imperium recognise us. The ancient vessel of the Dark Age’s has been located by our sensors. Brother Toby is feared lost to us but in his death he informed us we are pitted once again against our Genetic brothers the Crimson Fists.” Kallis stopped to look at his men, then he started to walk closer to the front row, followed by Devern.
“If we have to we will have to engage them again. Without that Vessel we will remain stranded on this damned icy rock. If we are to survive we must acquire it. I will not lie to you my Brothers we will have to face more loses within our depleting numbers. We will have a chance to rebuild the chapter. MAY DORN WATCH OVER US. Or may we die trying.” Kallis turned to face the snowfall outside the hanger. “Get to your positions and move out.” He ordered.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 30 Jul 2006, 11:23

Chapter Six
“Deathwatch”

Captain Lykran of the deathwatch stood alone in the observation lounge looking out the gigantic window that covered the whole room. Under the darkness he was almost invisible with his black armour, while standing watching the stars and the warp gate as the vessel which he was travelling on grew closer. He brushed his hand through his short cropped blond hair. A reflection of light hit the window from the opening of the door behind him. Lykran watched from the reflection while a tallish man entered. “What brings you here Inquisitor.” He asked, holding a polite tone to his soft voice.
Inquisitor Lorian stepped up to the deathwatch Captains side. “I thought it courteous to let you know we’re about to leave this sector, and enter the Dominican sector.” Lorian explained. “Once we have joined with the Salvations Star we will be heading for the planet Kylle.” Lorian paused for a moment. “I know that you are not to keen to return there but our presence is much needed.”
Lykran turned to face the Inquisitor with a half smile pressed upon his face. He looked Lorian up and down.
Inquisitor Lorian wore a long coat that drooped down to his feet with only the points of his boots on display. The collar of his black and grey coat ran up to his ears with the front covering his mouth and nose. From down the left side the coat was buttoned up with shiny gold buttons. Sat above his long straggly hair his tall hat rested neatly in place. Hanging just below his chest was his “I” pendant the “I” had three lines running through the centre, marking the symbol of the Inquisition.
“Its not that I do not want to return there. But it’s more the fact that last time I was on the damned rock of ice I was merely a sergeant under the command of that traitor Nathan Salvanfor. Lord Taharan detained me for two weeks as though I were a traitor.”
“You had nothing to hide those Crimson Fists vouched for you.” Lorian explained butting in.
Lykran turned back to the stars. “Yes and now look what happened to Captain Syakotus. I can’t help but think that damned planet is cursed”
Lorian smiled and put his hand on Lykran’ shoulder “Those events are long behind you now. You have a few days before you need your kill team to be battle ready. Have you briefed them on their mission?”
“Yes.” Replied Captain Lykran.
“Who have you chosen.” Lorian Asked inquisitively.
Lykran watched his reflection from the window, as a smile pressed across his stern face.
“Brother Librarian Fontain of the blood drinkers, Brother Sergeant Ivan of the Ultramarines. Brother Affern of the Scythes, Brother Byrne, and Brother Kajun of the Mortifactors.”
“Fear not Lykran after this mission you will be returning to your chapter to fill that Captains position your chapter master has retained for you.”
Both men stood silent watching the darkness turn into a blue and white streak of light as the burning shadow entered the warp gate.
“Besides my ways are those of a puritan not a radical.” Lorian whispered.
“I don’t doubt that Inquisitor.”
Lykran watched from the reflection as Lorian pulled back the collar covering his mouth.
“The high lords want that space hulk. And we haven’t heard from the scientists team. So now we are to take control of the mission.” Lorian finished turning to leave the room.

Dominican V
Inter Planetary Spaceport

Grailin watched the blue sky gradually grow to night while the lights from the space port began to light up. Suddenly his attention was broke from the com beeping. “Yes.” He said sitting up in his seat.
“Cappella here. We are leaving the system now. You have an E.T.A. of fifteen minutes. If your late we will be gone. Cappella out.”
“I will not be late.” Grailin answered, whilst igniting the rear thrusters from his gun cutter.
The aft thrusters started to light up slowly in conjunction with the belly thrusters igniting. Slowly the gun cutter rose up from the platform reaching out into the night sky above. Grailins attention was broke from the flashing lights across his communications panel. “Cappella are you aware that someone has tapped into your communications.”

Chief we have intercepted a communiqué from the rogue traders vessel to the Astartes gun cutter. Should I order an Arbites team to intercept the Astartes.” Gordon asked, whilst entering the chief Arbites office.
“The hell you will. I’ll not send my men up against a damned astartes, especially not a psychic.” The chief rubbed his hand across his greased ridden chin. “The Imperial guard can deal with the matter.” He finished.

Grailin watched the long green tractor beam from the Shining Stars belly latch onto his small gun cutter and haul him inside the large rogue trader’s vessel. He leaned back into his seat and began to meditate forcing himself into a deep trance.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 30 Jul 2006, 11:26

Chapter Seven
“Common Ground”

The Planet Kylle

Syakotus, Anuska and Rex the white husky slowly walked through the snow past the tree and deep into the hills. The snow softly drifted down past them under a gentle wind. The sky above remained grey from the dull weather. Syakotus looked down at Anuska as she slowly followed him with both her arms tucked under each other. “Tell me what you know about this space hulk.” He asked her.
“My father said that the high lords wanted it and that once it was a very powerful ship that sailed across the stars. That is all I know. Why?”
Syakotus bent down to lift the girl up onto his shoulders. “Because I was told sometime ago by someone that helped liberate my soul that I had one last journey to make, and I am starting to think that this vessel is that journey.”
“Can I come with you Syke” Anuska asked.
“I’m not sure. I think this journey will be dangerous.”
“Where else will I go? I have no one now”
“Don’t worry little girl I will keep you safe and get you to someone who can look after you.”
“But I wanna stay with you.”
“I am a soldier and war is no place for young children. But don’t worry I will not leave you alone.”
Suddenly the conversation was broke by the sound of roaring engines in the distance. “Schh.” Syakotus murmured, whilst listening to the distant sound grow closer. Syakotus looked about into the hills and saw a set of trees within running distance. Without a seconds thought he ran towards them carrying Anuska on his shoulders followed by Rex.
Once they reached the trees both he and Anuska crouched down to hide from the approaching bikes. To his amazement a land raider rolled up behind them followed by a couple of rhino tanks splashing snow in the air as they ploughed their way forwards. Syakotus watched the lead biker hold his hand up in the air signalling the convoy to stop.
“Who are they?” Anuska whispered.
“Spectre Knights.”

The side door of the land raider slowly opened letting out a gush of warm air into the cold climate. Captain Kallis stepped out thudding his heavy feet into the snow below. “Why have we stopped?” He shouted across to the lead biker. Brother Paladin.
Paladin stepped away from his bike to approach Kallis.
“Captain my auspex is picking up multiple readings past those hills. About three life signs.”
Kallis looked towards the trees in the hills facing his convoy. “Could it be an ambush.”
“I doubt that.” Devern said approaching kallis.
“Paladin take five bikes and investigate the area. We must not be stopped.”
No sooner had Kallis finished when Paladin was climbing back onto his bike.

Syakotus watched from behind the trees the five bikers approach. He looked down at Anuska then back at the bikes swaying up his options. If he were to fight he would lose and that would risk the girl been killed unnecessarily. With that thought fixated in his mind he stepped out from the trees with his hands held up. “I have a child with me. Spare her she is innocent.” He shouted. The lead bike skidded up to his side splashing snow across his feet and chest.
The biker slowly removed his helmet revealing his bold head. “Give me your weapons. And you shall be spared. Crimson Fist.” The marine ordered.
“Where is the rest of your troop?” Paladin asked.
Syakotus looked back at the girl as she approached him followed by Rex. “II am alone.” He then said turning back to Paladin.
By this time Captain Kallis approached Syakotus looking him up and down.
“He’s speaking the truth look at him he is an exile.” He explained.
“If my memory serves me correct this is the mighty Crimson Fist Captain that took the life of our Commander Bruttin.” Kallis added.
“And my memory tells me he was a traitor as is that of your fellow Brothers.”
“You insult me Crimson Fist. We were wrongly condemned. In the name of Rogal Dorn I do not blame you for doing what your duty commanded of you. For If it were I then I would have followed those same orders. So how is Inquisitor Nathan Salvanfor?” Kallis Finished.
“Slain.”
“Then there is justice amongst the stars.” Smiled Paladin.
“What should I do about him Captain? Should I take his life?”
Kallis turned to Anuska. “No he is a genetic son of Rogal Dorn. There for he is still our brother. And like us he is exiled from the Imperium. We take him with us.”

Dominicon Sector
Rogue Trader Vessel Shining Star

Grailin stepped out from his Gun Cutter onto the marble deck carrying a large sack in one hand and his psychic staff in the other, to be greeted by two large men armed with combat shot guns tightly clenched in both hands and held across their bare muscular chests, both men had thick red Mohawks. Behind them stood Cappella. “So Astartes you promised me pay. Before way can do business I need to see some cash.” He said with a grin boasted across his chubby face.
“Indeed I did here is your currency.” Grailin dropped the large sack at the guard’s feet.
“Now take me to the planet Kylle. Now if you disrespect me with that tone again I will take this vessel from you.”
Cappella looked into the sack to see it was filled with gold Imperial coins, and then looked up at Grailins stern face. As he looked into the Librarians eyes he withdraw his smile and bowed before the giant. “My apologise Astartes. Forgive my insolence but I have never been in the company of your kind before.”
Grailin walked through the centre of the guards forcing them apart and started to make his way of the landing deck. “Take me to your bridge.” He said, while looking around at the gothic structure surrounding him. The whole vessel was set out like a large cathedral with pipes running up the sides, and mosaics pasted to the interior. Cappella handed the sack to his guards. “Take it to my quarters.” He ordered moments before following Grailin out of the landing bay to escort him to the bridge. Cappella tapped his wrist Vox unit “Set course for the planet Kylle.” He instructed.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 30 Jul 2006, 11:28

Chapter Eight
“Blood Shall Be Spilt Today”

Ectar stood from the windy hill top surrounded by his Chaos Marines watching a large number of thunder hawks, accompanied by drop ships descend from the grey sky. He often enjoyed watching an armada of vessels, descending from the sky like vultures to the meat. A sight like that always meant a big battle was brewing, and for the 7,000 years of his life he loved the feeling of conquer. One by one they grew closer approaching the snow filled hills, and the closer they got the louder they became. He removed his helm to let the wind blow through his long black hair tied above his bold scalp. Arzon placed his hand on Ectar’s shoulder greeting him with a sickly smile. “Much blood will be spilt today.” He chuckled, under his breath.
The sound became deafening from the lead Thunderhawk with its large thrusters roaring with the wind. Snow blew about from the ground in all directions as the first began landing. Finally the sound stopped abruptly as the Thunderhawks engines cut out. Ectar began to approach the vessels ramp watching it slow open up and slam into the snow throwing up ice in the air. From the opening a large cloaked figure emerged slowly gliding down the ramp onto the snow. Ectar went down on one knee as did Arzon to acknowledge the presence of Arumik, The sorcerer.
Arumik held his sorcerers staff tightly in his hand the pole was coloured in a bleached white and decorated with tiny skulls from the bottom to the eye of Horus pendant inside a pentagram of sharp points, the staff stood at the same height as Arumik. The bladed bottom rested within the snow, while the pentagram levelled his horned black helmet. Arumik’s armour was covered over by his long dark purple and black striped cloak with the back trailing behind him. “Lord Kraken has explained he will be joining the expedition shortly he just has other matters to deal with at the moment.” His voice was slithery like a snake.
Ectar rose up from his knee as did Arzon. “Lord Kraken has located a convoy of what appears to be Imperial Astartes. He wants us to stop them.” Arumik finished.

Dominican V Orbit
Emperor Class Worship Burning Star

Admiral Sebastian Ormarr sat at the end of his conference table reading the report Captain Smitts and written up for him regarding the events, regarding the capture of the two deserting last chancers Imperial Guards. Behind him stood Sergeant Merrik who was a tallish man well built in muscular appearance. Sat next to his left was one of his junior aides attired in a dark blue naval uniform and buttoned up at the side neatly. Sat to his right was Captain Smitts. Looking out the large over Bering window, looking on at the large Inquisitor vessel. Ormarr looked up at the doors opening into the conference room followed by the sound of heavy feet thudding on the metallic floor of the corridor, the sound was quiet intimidating. Inquisitor Lorian entered followed by a Space Marine clad in black armour. On one shoulder he bore the insignia of the Inquisition, and on the other shoulder he wore a symbol of a black fist within a white circle over a yellow background. Though he was a Admiral he still felt intimidated by the glowing red eyes of the Space Marines helm. Slowly he stood up to greet Inquisitor Lorian. Sebastian Ormarr was a large man for a none Astartes, and in his mid sixties. “Welcome aboard the Burning Star Inquisitor Lorain. It is a pleasure you honour us with your presence.”
Lorian smiled holding out his hand to great the Adimral, followed by a polite smile. “The pleasure is mine Admiral.” Lorain answered as both men took their seats. The black Space Marine stood firmly still behind Lorain.
Lorian turned to the Space Marine. “This is Captain Lykran Of the Deathwatch. He will be joining me as will his kill team. I hope you have no objections to that general.”
Ormarr smiled looking the giant up and down then looked into Lorains eyes. “The good captain and his men are welcome aboard my ship. Actually his presence will be gratefully welcomed.” Ormarr retuned.
Both Captain Smitts and Sergeant Merrik looked the giant up and down from head to toe, in sheer amazement of his size.
Lorain removed his black gloves and pulled the collar covering his mouth down. “I take it you still have the two deserters aboard.” Lorain asked.
“Oh yes we do. After their capture we stripped them down to find chaos litany and the symbols of the heretical gods tattooed across their skin.”
The Inquisitor looked back at Lykran then returned his gaze to Ormarr. “Really?” he said.
“Not only that but we believe Rogue trader Ivan Von Cappella is also a follower of chaos. And this, your not going to like. But the local Adaptus Arbites picked up a communiqué to a psychic Astartes who has since left the space port and joined up with the rogue traders vessel Shining Star.”
Lykran removed his black helm revealing his bare head. “I have one question if I may Inquisitor.” He asked.
“Certainly.” Lorian replied.
“What colour was this Astartes armour.”
Captain Smitts turned to meet with Lykran’s blue eyes. The Arbites record his armour as being dark blue. And the one thing they did notice about him was both of his fists were coloured crimson. And like you he had a Symbol of a fist on his shoulder, but they record it as been Red.” Smitts explained.
Lykran looked down at Lorian. “I know that symbol. And it is not the Symbol of a traitor far from it.”
“We must investigate this matter.” Lorain added.
“What am I to do Inquisitor set a pursuit course following Cappella or as planned set course for the planet Kylle.” Ormarr asked.
The Inquisitor rose from his seat picking his leather gloves from the long table. “We will continue to Kylle. I have a feeling that this Astartes can take care of himself. And something tells me he will reach Kylle before we do. If you don’t mind I will retire to my quarters now Admiral.”
The Admiral rose up with the Inquisitor. “Certainly. My aide Jonathon will show you the way.”
The young junior aide stood from his seat and began to lead Inquisitor Lorain out into the corridor. Captain Lykran followed them both.
Ormarr sat back down once the servitors waiting outside closed the conference doors, leaving Smitts and Merrik alone with him.
Tapping the vox unit placed on the table before him Ormarr stretched one of his long fingers to open the com channel to the bridge. “Lieutenant Signal the fleet we are leaving this system inform them to set course to Kylle.” He ordered.
“Understood.” Came the calm reply.

The Planert Kylle

Ectar slowly led his troops through the bitter winds on the cliff sides looking down into the ravine below. Slowly the chaos marines followed him all of them started to take up firing positions aiming their weaponry down below. Ectar looked across the ravine to watch Arzon’s marines do the same? Then he watched as Arumiks forces took up position at the fair end to block the entrance of the ravine. A smile pressed across his pale white face while the blacks of his eyes could just see the black legions land raiders hiding behind Arumiks forces deep down in the centre taking up a blocking position.
An hour passed when the silver coloured convoy began to make its way down the centre. Ectar smiled.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:36

Chapter Nine
“What We See Isn’t Always What We See”

Imperial Fleet Led By Flag Ship Burning Star.
En Rout To The Planet Kylle E.T.A. 39 Hours

Brother Librarian Fontain of the Blood Drinkers remained motionless crouched down on one knee, alone in the training hall. Attired in his white silk gown, with the hood covering his head, hiding his eyes, leaving only his mouth and chin visible. Fontain remained deep in his own attentiveness, though his flesh and bone remained alone in the darkness of the large hall, his mind was looking into the burning eye’s of Horus.
The Primarch flexed his lightening claws for the slaughter. Though his lips were moving Fontain couldn’t hear the words spoken to him. Behind him another warrior approached armoured in gleaming gold, one hand clasped tightly holding his mighty sword. Horus approached him slowly as though trying hard to sway him to turn on the golden warrior. Yet the thought to do so wasn’t in his mind. Knowing deep inside his living soul he knew to charge the traitor would bring him to his knees, followed by death. The long gold hair hung loosely from his scalp motionless yet strands stuck to his cheeks from the humid heat of the vessel he stood on. Horus approached holding out his lightening claws ready for the kill. Fontain flexed his wings out wide he felt both his hearts beating rapidly while an uncontrolled rage began to surface, an anger he’d not felt consume him before. Suddenly Fontain pounced his adversary.
“Brother Fontain. Fontain.” He heard.
Slowly he pushed the hatred filling his mental state to the back of his mind. Slowly he rose to his full height and opened his eyes. Facing him was Brother Sergeant Ivan clad in his black Deathwatch armour. Displayed across his right shoulder guard was his Ultramarines chapter symbol.
“What brings you here my old friend.” Fontain asked, returning to his mental state. The present.
“You have been keeping to yourself these past weeks. I merely wondered if you are well.”
Fontain smiled keeping his hood over his eye’s. “Why should you think me not well.”
“Always questions within questions with you.” Ivan chuckled.
“Its as though you are keeping secrets from us.” He continued.
“I was merely in thought about Primarch Sanguineous.”
“Are you sure your not hiding anything brother. Since we went up against those Xenos Ork’s you have been acting strangely.”
Fontain put his hand on Ivan’s left shoulder guard and smiled at the bold man. “I assure you Brother if I fall ill you will be the first to know.”

Admiral Sebastian Ormarr sat in his command chair centred in the Burning Star’s bridge. His face stern and his eye’s following everything that moved. Below his chair Servitors piloted the large Emperor class vessel which was leading a fleet of five other imperial vessels behind. The servitors were plugged into the gothic consoles, speaking mostly in binary, with each other. Ormarr always found the sound somewhat relaxing though his crew would undoubtedly disagree. Behind his seat at either side stood two Naval guards, with their hands firmly behind their backs and a las pistol holstered at their waists. “Lieutenant have we managed to get a com with the Kylluos system yet.” He barked.
“Nope. Nothing as of yet Admiral.”
Ormarr ran his long narrow fingers across his chin pondering deep in his own thoughts.
“Surely we should have picked up some com traffic by now.”
“We should have picked up com chatter an hour ago sir.” The lieutenant explained.
“I don’t like this. Try reaching Kytunious 9x3.”
“I’ll get on it straight away.”

Inquisitor Lorian sat alone in his luxury quarters aboard the burning star, sipping on a glass of red wine, a deliciously he often enjoyed. Yet his peace was interrupted by Captain Lykran entering his quarters. “Our astropath managed to send a message to Ryann’s world. They sent a reply swiftly.” He explained.
Lorian sat up from his comfortable chair. “Well spit it out.”
“The Crimson Fist travelling with the rogue trader is an exile. He is known as Librarian epistolary Grailin. Formally chief librarian to the fifth company of Crimson Fist’s.”
Lorain rose to his feet placing his half empty wine glass on a shelf above his large brown coloured seat. “That’s interesting. A Crimson Fist en rout to the Kyllous system. My guess for some reason he is headed to Kylle itself.”
Lykran turned to watch the stars outside the window. “That is not all Inquisitor. The Admiral has been unable to make contact with the Kyllous system.”
“I think it would be wise if I were to call for further assistance. Something has to be wrong if a whole system has no static com chatter.”

The Planet Kylle

Ectar watched the silver convoy of three rhino tanks which were been led in by three bikes slowly pass through the ravine. The closer they got to the centre the more he edged to the cliffs edge raising his arm to signal the attack. Then he realised that the convoy wasn’t as big as reported. “Something’s wrong.”
The snow behind him and his men came away as the silver armour revealed its self to him. Ectar tuned to face the Spectre Knights in battle realising the ambush was one them and not the Spectre’s. As the snow revealed the deadly Space marines the echoing sound of bolter chatter started to fill the ravine. Ectar felt the but of a bolt gun slam into his bare face knocking him from his balance and forcing him to slip on his back from the icy ledge. His armour shuddered as he slammed hard against the cliff. Then he heard the sound of roaring engines from the other cliff. Looking across he saw the large Land Raider approach from behind Arzon’s men, followed by the deafening roar of heavy las fire. Forcing himself to his feet he lunged in anger at one of his attackers forcing his power sword into the Spectre’s stomach piercing through the ceramite. The black legion marines had been taken off guard by the Spectre’s surprise attack. Many of the chaos marines fell from the cliff’s ledge to the deaths, under the close volley of bolter fire.

My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:37

From inside the land raider Captain Kallis handed Syakotus his Thunder Hammer and Bolter/plasma combi. “You’re either with us or against us. But it matters not now because one more to kill won’t make a difference against those outside. In the name of Dorn I invite you to fight at my side.”
Syakotus accepted the weapons from Kallis then standing from his seat to leave the land raider he turned to face Anuska who was curled up with the husky he noticed she was shaking with fear.
He put his crimson hand on her shoulder and patted the husky with his synthetic hand. “Don’t be scared you’ll be safe inside here. Trust me I’ll be back. I won’t leave you.” He said in a compassionate voice.
Kallis opened the side door of the land raider and turned to the girl. “What’s your name?”
She looked up at the silver armour then into his green eyes. “A, Anuska.”
“OK Anuska two of my men are going to remain here with you.”
With that he jumped down into the fighting black legion traitors, followed by Syakotus and seven more Spectre knights.

Syakotus was the first to lunge an attack at the startled chaos marines, slamming his thunder hammer into the helm of the first to approach him. The black marine dropped to his knees then fell face down.
Kallis followed Syakotus lunging his power sword into another.
What they lacked in numbers they made up for in their proficiency to engage the’re sworn enemy in battle.

Arzon noticed one of the marines was a crimson fist, he watched the warrior wield his thunder hammer from side to side not relenting as he did. “He is mine.” He announced above the deafening sound of gun fire.

In the ravine Paladin led his three man bike squadron towards Arumik’s forces at full speed followed by the three rhino tanks. Within seconds Paladin charged his way into the black marines unsheathing his chain sword and cutting into the nearest as he did. The rhinos smashed their way past the rocks mowing down as many of their would be ambushers as possible. Once they’d stopped ten Spectre Knight Space Marines jumped out from each of the land raiders.

Arumik jumped out from behind a rock and slammed the blade from the bottom of his psychic staff into one of the Spectre’s. Blood poured from the crack in the centre of his helm and trickled down onto his chest plating before clotting up.
Arumik turned to face one of the attacking bikers and summoned a psychic bolt of blue lightening into the mans chest knocking him from his bike. Again he turned to more of the Spectre’s as they made good with their attack. And again he summoned another ball of blue lightening into them. One of the Spectre’s fell to his death while the others were knocked from their balance.
Some of the Black Legion marines went down on one knee in a line facing a tactical squad of the Spectre knights. Without hesitation they opened fire on their silver adversaries. Bolt shells pinged from their guns and flew through the air cutting the tactical squad down. Again they fire a volley of bolt shells at the still advancing tactical squad. Cutting them down in numbers from ten to six. But the Spectre’s just fired back, killing four of the black legionnaires.
Arumik so no victory here after looking up at either side of the cliffs looking down on the ravine.
“Champion Holsar withdraw your squads.” He bellowed over the constant gun fire.
Holstar was a big and well built warrior with a green and pink tentacle for his left arm while his other arm clasped a plasma pistol. His armour was covered with chains clanging about on his ceramite black armour. “Men fall back.” He screamed out in a strange high pitched voice.

Ectar noticed that Arumik was pulling his forces back from the battle ground, yet his attention was distracted by a hand taking hold of his long black wavy her. Turning to face his attack with utter swiftness he stabbed his power sword into the Spectre’s shoulder, forcing the marine to fall. He wiped the blood from his face and gave the signal for his marines to retreat.

Arzon slowly made his way to Syakotus with his bone coloured power sword reaching out to claim his victim. Syakotus turned to see the chaos champion approach him. With out a second thought he raised his thunder hammer above his head and charged at the black champion. Bring down his thunder hammer to clash with Arzon’s sword. Both men jumped to either side of each other, making sudden attacks. Syakotus ducked down bringing his thunder hammer up towards Arzon’s chest. Arzon reacted by side stepping, then ducking down, while lunging his power sword into the Syakotus's knee joint. The Crimson Fist anticipated the move and leaped back with the sword barley putting a dint in the ceramite. Again the close combat weapons clashed creating a volley of sparks as the bone coloured power sword slid down the handle of the thunder hammer. Syakotus raised his synthetic hand to grab Arzon’s throat. Arzon brought his sword to block, yet not expecting Syakotus to take a hold on the blade with his synthetic hand. A second later Syakotus pulled the champion of chaos towards him while raising his knee to wind his adversary in the stomach. Arzon dropped to his knees with the shock and released his hold of his sword. Syakotus lowered his thunder hammer then raised it up and smashing into Arzon’s bare face. The vibrating power of the hammers head shattered Arzon’s skull killing him instantly.
Finally Syakotus kicked the dead champion from the cliffs edge, watching his body fall.
The remaining few Chaos marines fled from the battle scene Captain Kallis approached him then placed his hand across his left shoulder guard. “Now I can understand how you managed to beat Commander Bruttin.”

Imperial Flag ship Burning Star.
En-rout To The Planet Kylle E.T.A. 35 Hours

Captain Lykran stood at the head of the conference table with his deathwatch kill team surrounding the table. “We have come across a new problem.” He was explaining. “Admiral Ormarr has been unable to make a communiqué with the planet Kytunious 9x3 on the edge of the Kyllous system. Neither has the fleet picked up any static chatter from the system.”
“So does that mean our mission has changed.” Asked Brother Sergeant Ivan, of the Ultramarines.
“No the Space Hulk is still our priority but we could find ourselves alone without pick up for a long period of time. While The Imperial fleet get to investigating the matter.”
“Looks as though chaos forces have gathered there. I think they have also discovered this space hulk.” Brother Affern of the Scythes Pondered.
“How would they have discovered such a well kept secret.” Asked Brother Kajun of the Mortifactors.
“Do not risk sounding like an Imperial official Brother Kajun. The forces of chaos have ways and means and should not be under estimated.” The Blood Drinkers Librarian Fontain said in his low voice.
“What ever the reason Inquisitor Lorian has requested help. So we can do what we came to do.” Lykran finished.
“The other reason I have convened you all here is we have discovered that the Crimson Fist is the legendary Librarian Grailin. Which I have just recently discovered is now exiled from the chapter on an oath of a personal crusade.”
“How does that way with you Captain. He stains the name of Rogal Dorn. Doesn’t he.” Byrne from the Mortifactors mused.
“Not really his stain is failure of the Crimson fists not Dorn.” Lykran barked back.
“My apologies.’ Bryne said.
“That begs the question why do we need to know this it is irrelevant to the mission.” Fontain said looking up, with his face covered by his hood.
“Because we suspect he is headed for Kylle also. And to add to our situation we believe he is travelling with chaos followers.”
“So he betrays the name of the Emperor.” Kajun spat.
Lykran rose to his full height and looked into Kajun’s brown eyes. “You insult me and you insult the Crimson Fists I know Grailin and I can tell you this he is no traitor.”
Kajun bowed his head. “Then I offer my apologies.”

Rogue Trader Vessel Shinning Star
En-rout To The Planet Kylle E.T.A. 11 Hours.

Grailin stood on the bridge of the Shinning Star watching the machine like servitors scurry about from console to console. Ivan Von Cappella stood behind him with his long red and brown fur coat trailing across the floor. Cappella stroked his bushy beard with his hand watching the Librarian watch his servitor pilots pilot the vessel through the warp. “I see you have a fascination with them astartes.” He said.
Grailin ignored the comments and carried on watching. “Well if you want one take one with my complements. After all you have paid more than enough for this journey of yours.” Cappella chuckled.
“Sir.” Came a female voice from the doorway behind both men.
“Excuse me Astartes.” He added, while turning to face the tall women clad in a black leather body glove. Her hair was flapping about past her hips and the colour of electric blue. She leant over to Cappella. “Our Lord wish’s to know why we have just entered the Kyllous system.” She whispered, close to his ear.
Cappella scuttled her off the bridge and behind the doorway. “Just tell him I’m bringing him a little present. I think he might appreciate.” He whispered, back.
Grailin had his head slightly turned and listened to the words with his enhanced hearing. As Cappella finished his sentence Grailin clasped his staff tightly, while flexing his free hand.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:39

Chapter Ten
“Kytunious 9x3”

Imperial Flag Ship Burning Star And Imperial Fleet Stops
Orbiting Kytunious 9x3, Kyllous System

Admiral Sebastian Ormarr stood at the large window from the bridge of the Burning Star, looking down on the Planet Kytunious 9x3. He stood pondering what had happened to the population, and the orbital defence network. Behind him stood were Captain Smitts and Inquisitor Lorian. The bridge crew were silent in the presence of the Inquisitor, just manning their stations. “Smitts have your men do their Karskin armour and send them down to investigate.” Ormarr finally said looking away from the planet.
“As you wish.” Smitts replied while turning away to leave the bridge.
“What do you make of this Inquisitor?” Ormarr asked.
The Inquisitor looked hard at the planet for a few moments pondering his thoughts for an explanation. “Have your com.’s picked up any static chatter.”
“None.”
“Then I think the sooner we reach Kylle the better.”
“Not until Smitts men return from Kytunious 9x3.”
“If that is what you wish you have command of this fleet. For now.” Lorian finished with a grimaced look.
“We may find answers down there Inquisitor. If we do I would have thought that kind of knowledge could aide your men in their mission.”
“For an Imperial Naval officer you speak wisely. I will instruct Captain Lykran’s men to join Smitts good men. In the name of co-operation.”
Suddenly one of the crew men looked up from his console. “Admiral I’m picking up signs of life.”
Ormarr approached the young crewman. “Could be survivors.” The crewman added.
“Or not.” Lorain grimaced as he left the bridge.

The Planet Kytunious 9x3

The small imperial shuttle descended from the blood stained sky into the burning city followed by the black deathwatch thunderhawk. Both vessels slowly flew over the burning buildings that once made the capital city Myrade. The flames burnt high up, and many of the buildings were reduced to rubble. The wind blew the flames across the city liking running water from a waterfall. The ground had been ripped apart from massive explosions from some kind of weapon. The thought that there maybe Survivors was now unlikely from the mass destruction. Both vessels slowly flew towards the city’s centre to discover large crater holes, that had disintegrated everything. Smoke blew up high from the craters. Both the Imperial craft and the thunderhawk began to move their way past the high rise of flames and the fog of drifting black smoke, and stated making their way past into the outskirts of the death filled city of Myrade.

Captain Smitts sat in the cockpit behind the two naval pilots looking in sheer horror at the site of still burning bodies that lay across the empty roads leading out from Myrade. “What the hell did this?” He muttered under his breath.
The two pilots tilted the nose of the imperial vessel to face down, to get a closer look. The closer they got the more cracks they noticed within the ground. It was as though something so powerful had shaken the ground apart it had forced a multiple of earthquakes. Some of the trees still burnt with raging flames and others were just smouldering.

Both vessels moved away from Myrade searching from the red stained sky any signs of something that could help them understand why the cities of Kytunious 9x3 had been destroyed. Both vessels searched for an hour looking for anything. Until they approached an Imperial guard base located thirty miles from Myrade.
As both the thunderhawk and the small imperial craft approached the base, they noticed it was still standing, and seemed to look deserted from any visible signs of life.
The base itself was only small with two watch towers one positioned at either side and surrounded by razor wire. One large building and three smaller ones, and six bunkers.
The com beeped inside the cockpit of the imperial craft. Smitts leant over to answer the hale. “Smitts here.”

“We’ll put down in that base. Follow us down.” Came Lykran’s voice.

Smitts watched the black thunderhawk descend into the centre of the base, watching their thrusters cut out and then saw the vessel touch down, kicking up a fog of dust and gravel in its wake. Still watching he took an interest in the black marines disembark slowly walking down the now open ramp into the complex.
“OK you heard the man follow them in.” He ordered tapping the pilot’s shoulder.

Brother Kajun was the first to step from the thunderhawk clenching his heavy bolter with both hands slowly taking up a defensive position next to the thunderhawk. Fontain followed him off, holding his psychic staff in one hand and a bolt pistol in the other. Sergeant Ivan followed him down holding his bolter forwards with both hands.
“OK brothers lets see what we have got here.” He said, as the others followed him.
Captain Lykran approached the Imperial craft once its side doors opened up followed by a seven man squad stepping down. All the guards’ men were armed with their hell guns and attired in their Cadian karskin armour, green with shades of camouflage. Captain Smitts approached Lykran removing his mask to show his bare face.
“Have your men secure a defensive around both ships. I’ll lead my men into that command HQ.” Lykran explained pointing to the tallest building.
“As you wish.”
Lykran turned back to his kill team.
“OK Merrik have the men spread out and hold ground surrounding the ships.” Smitts ordered.
Both squads stopped momentarily from the sound of the howling wind picking up. “Great the heebee geebees now.” Connelly whispered into Merriks ear.
Pieces of gravel and dust lifted from the ground and blew across the compound with the howling wind.

The Deathwatch marines followed Captain Lykran across the compound, their heavy feet crunching through the gravel blown about by the wind. The doors to the command head quarters flapped open and shut through the blowing wind. Bang, clang. Slamming with the motion and the sound carried away with the blowing. Lykran entered the building first followed by Sergeant Ivan. Inside it was all grey shattered glass lay across the concrete floor. Ivan readied his bolter for any sudden and unwanted surprises. Lykran took hold of his power sword with both hands firmly gripping the handle. Slowly both men walked further into the building. The lights flickered on and off making it a little harder to see. A ball of bright blue light lit up the dark corners were there where no windows. Lykran and Ivan turned to see it was Fontain holding a psychic ball of electric in his hand. Though Fontain still had a black hood covering his face, Ivan noticed his eyes were almost visible from the bright light. Lykran made his way slowly towards the stairs carefully watching each step he took. Both Ivan and Fontain looked about the walls to see large stains of dried blood and dozens of las gun impact marks. The marks were even in the over turned tables and desks, yet still no sign of life.
“What has happened here? And where the hell are the bodies?” Ivan muttered.
Lykran slowly walked up the stairs crunching his heavy feet and crushing shards of glass on his way up, then stopped to listen to the sound of creaking. Fontain dispersed with the ball of light in his palm and followed Ivan up the stairs behind Lykran. Behind the three marines Kajun stopped at the bottom of the stairs aiming his gigantic heavy bolter up. Brother Affern of the Scythes stepped past him holding his bolter forwards and slowly followed the others up the stairs, stopping at Lykran’s side. He pulled out his auspex and looked down on its screen. “We have life.” He muttered in a low voice.
“Your up first be mindful. Ivan you follow Brother Affern. Be ready.”
“Aye.” Ivan responded.
Both marines slowly made their way to the top, stopping in the upper hallway. Ivan looked around the fin corridor for signs of sudden attack, nothing. Affern spun around the rear of the hallway to hear the sudden sound of slamming. He took a firm grip of his bolter and slowly made his way to the flapping door. Ivan covered his back, as Lykran approached the top to cover his.
Affern stopped at the wooden door to slam shut in his face.
“OK Brothers that wasn’t the wind.” Lykran questioned.
The deathwatch marines looked at the three doors all now shut. “OK something else seems to be up here with us.” Lykran added.
Fontain pushed his way past the others and opened the door to what looked like the com room. The others stood in the door way bolters at the ready. The entire room had been smashed to pieces the com panels were broken and had been ripped out then thrown across the room. The windows had been smashed leaving shattered glass across the floor. Fontain entered the room stepping over one of the broken chairs, crunching his feet on the glass. He felt something nudge his head and shoulder guard. Looking up he saw seven human bodies hanging from the ceiling, they’d all been skinned. Lykran looked away in disgust to see a shadow move by the far corner of the room. A ball blue ball of light emerged from Fontain’s hand at the ready. A small child like creature stepped into the light looking innocently at the Deathwatch marines. “What the fragg.” Affern muttered.
The creature was small and the size of an eight year old child, and naked except for a small cover rapped around its wait. The creature’s stomach was slightly bloated and covered in sweat. The back of its cranium was extremely large and bold as though it
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 04 Aug 2006, 12:40

were some kind of psychic. Lykran looked hard at its squashed up face features and its red eyes looking back at him. “What in the name of Guilliman is that?” Ivan questioned.
The creature tilted its head to one side and raised one of its hands to face the Ultramarine. A second later some kind of energy emerged from the four fingered hand and slammed into Ivan’s chest throwing him back against the wall. Without a word Brother Affern opened fire on the thing. A volley of bolter shells flew from the barrel into the creature’s upper torso. It fell back against the wall in a shower of its own blood from the blast wounds. Ivan picked himself up from the floor to fire of a volley off his own bolter but was blown back again, only this time he slammed through the wall creating a shower of plaster and brick fragments from the weight of his armoured body.
Fontain released the ball of light into the creature’s face, knocking up against the wall hard. Both Lykran and Affern moved to let Kajun open up a round of heavy bolter fire spraying shell after shell into the abysmal creature. A second later the back of its head exploded across the back wall.
“What now.” Affern asked looking to Lykran for orders.
“We leave and quick.” Fontain answered.
The others looked to him for a reason.
“I’ve seen this before. And I tell you we will die if we don’t leave now.” He finished.

Sergeant Merriks attention was caught by the sight of hundreds of little dots appearing from behind the barbed wire surrounding the base. “Captain look.” He said pointing his finger at the sight. Captain Smitts looked up to see the same only now their appeared to be thousands of the dots. And slowly advancing the closer the moved the more they looked like children. Trooper Connelly and Peta approached the barbed wire holding their hell guns forwards to take a closer look Peta removed her helmet revealing her shaven head she dropped the helmet to the floor in shock from the surprising numbers. “Captain they look like children. Maybe their survivors.”
Captain Smitts stood between both the Cadian Karskins to witness more and more appear. “The fragg they are.” He said softly.
“GUNS at the ready.”
Peta looked back at Smitts trying to work out why he was so quick to give the order. “Sir.” She finally said. Captain Smitts stepped back from the barbed wire, holding his hell gun tightly in his hands. “Gun at the ready Peta.” He ordered.
She did as ordered but not fully aware of why, to her the small creature’s approaching the small base looked like small children. “I don’t understand.” She finally said.
“I’ve read a report on creature’s appearing like that what ever it is they do anyone who engages them in a battle seems to end up dead. And I have to say they fit the profile of those creatures’s I’ve read about.” He explained backing up against the small Imperial craft. “OK men we’re gonna show these Astartes that we are not afraid and we gonna show them what we do best.” Merrik bellowed dropping down on one knee to aim his hellgun. “FIRE” he bellowed.
A second later the seven Karskins opened fire, the hellgun shots flew into the small abominations.
All the Cadians went down on one knee to take a better aim at their targets, as each fire they hit one of the creatures, but not enough to stop them.
A second later and the strange looking beings stopped moving forwards and stood still. Captain Smitts signalled the other guardsmen to stop firing. The wind began to howl again blowing bits of gravel up in the air and into the Cadians Peta blocked har bare face from the gravel blowing upwards. As the wind howled they heard a low pitch hum.
“mmmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmmm.” The sound came from the creatures.

Captain Lykran emerged from the command Head quarters followed by the other deathwatch marines. “Kajun cover us.” He ordered.
Brother Kajun stopped in his tracks and let loose a roaring screech from his heavy bolter, the shells thudded into the creatures.
“Byrne start the thunderhawk up.” Lykran bellowed over the now raging wind with its loud howling, followed by the sound of the humming.
Brother Byrne of the Mortifactors leaped across the complex and dash up the thunderhawks loading ramp. Lykran ran across to the Cadian Karskins. “Captain Smitts may I make a suggestion that you retreat your men from here.” At this point Lykran had to use all his vocal codes enhanced strength to speak above the loudness of the roaring wind blowing up bits of red sand and gravel.
Both Captain Smitts and Captain Lykran turned to watch both Sergeant Ivan and Brother Affern blown back across the compound to land on their backs, by some powerful force of energy.
“WHAT ARE THEY.” Smitts bellowed, over the wind even to hear his own voice.
“Evil.” Fontain warned.
The Blood Drinkers Librarian raised his staff to produce some kind of shield covering the seven Karskins. “I suggest you save your questions and leave while you can.” No sooner had Fontain finished his words when the Imperial Craft was lifted up and thrown across the compound into the command Head Quarters. Followed by a loud explosion, the building and vessel both combust together into a large ball of flames, throwing fragments of brick and metal across the air. “Tell me that wasn’t the wind captain.” Smitts asked.
Lykran looked at the small beings as they started to advance slowly towards the barbed wire again. “Get your men aboard the thunderhawk.” Lykran ordered.
Captain Smitts barely heard the Marine‘s order over the loudness of the guzzling wind. “Sergeant Merrik get your men on that thunderhawk.” He began. “I’ve lost my two pilots I don’t intend on losing anymore men today.”
Fontain Stood with his feet touching the razor wire one hand held forwards firing of small balls of lightening with Brother Kajun stood at his right firing off volleys of Heavy bolter fire into the creatures. Ivan and Byrne followed the guardsmen up the ramp and into the thunderhawk.
Brother Kajun started to back away from the razor wire stepping backwards onto the ramp were Lykran stood firing shots of plasma off from his crafted plasma pistol. “FONTAIN GET ABOARD.” He screamed out.
Fontain watched as he saw Horus approach him slowly flexing his claws ready for the kill. Again he summoned a ball of lightening and fired it towards Horus, yet with the blink of an eye Horus was gone and the creatures were almost on him. Suddenly he felt his body boil with an uncontrollable rage of psychic energy, then stopped from a hand grabbing his shoulder guard and yanking him back. A second later and he was inside the thunderhawk. “Byrne get us out of here.” Lykran called out once fully inside the thunderhawk. Brother Byrne lifted up the large vessel yet battling against what appeared to be a psychic wind rocking them side to side. Yet with some skill managed to break free and fly up into the red stained sky.
"I am but a leave within the wind." He proudly said.
Lykran stood over him looking down at the ground through the cockpits window. "Get a com open to the burning star. I think the Inquisitor will want to know about this." He said.
Peta and Connelly looked into each others bare face’s still shocked from the events they had just witness. “What the fraggin hell were they.” Connelly finally asked.
Sergeant Ivan rose up to answer. “You’re first dealing with chaos.”
Both the guards looked at each other again only this time they had the look of pure terror spread across their bare face's.
The librarian Fontain sat in the far corner curled up into a ball with his head down in his knees. Ivan sat besides him resting his bolter at his own feet.
"I sense something is wrong with you my friend." Ivan said in a low tone so as the others would not hear.
Fontain looked up at Ivan, his hood still just above his blood shot eyes.
Ivan looked dismayed and concerned for Fontain, but unsure as to ask too many questions of the Blood Drinker, even Ivan knew each chapter of the Adaptus Astartes had its secrets for their own reasons.
"If you can Brother tell me what troubles you." Ivan asked again.
"I will die on the planet Kylle." He answered.
My Website

Next