Crimson Fist II : Volcane.

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Crimson Fist II : Volcane.

Postby Hulls Raven at 12 Mar 2006, 21:16

I've started to re-edit my second Crimson Fist story.
I'll upload the first part shortly.

~Raven.
Last edited by Hulls Raven on 18 Mar 2006, 01:49, edited 1 time in total.
My Website
http://www.ravenstone.karoo.net
Some good places to add Your Fiction.
http://www.writingforums.org/
http://forum.blpublishing.com/

http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/

Due To Cut Backs The Light At The End Of The Tunnel Will Now Be Switched Off

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

RE: Crimson Fist II : Volcane.

Postby Hulls Raven at 12 Mar 2006, 21:20

CRIMSON FIST II
VOLCANE

Prepare To Hate Me
This Night Will Hurt You Like Never Before
(Night Lord Cravex)

Chapter 1

The sky was black with regular bursts of orange from the explosions overhead; the sound was thunderous, followed by the empty cries of death. Two gun ships circled above battling from the sky. Each using large oversized laser cannon’s blasting away. With each shot they fired they smashing through the half standing buildings, tearing the fleeing people apart. Tanks crashed their way through the rubble gunning down anything that moved, leaving no trail of mercy in their wake. Soldiers attired in dark blue ceramite armour with patterns of lightening pasted to their legs wore bat wings atop of their helmets stormed the streets laughing aloud, whilst killing the women and children within their grasp fleeing for safety.

Syakotus stood at the cliffs edge looking through his binoculars, across the long narrow rusty grey bridge; he saw the last of the Imperial citizens fleeing from the onslaught. Many of them ran covered in flames screaming out in agonising pain, their screams echoing throughout, whilst the laughing of the tormenting Night Lords dampened out their mere cry’s for a merciful death.
From were he stood, he saw that all of whom ran had more than a terrified look of fear. He could smell the charred flesh that drifted over with the grisly winds flapping the front strands of his neatly tied hair. Overhead the roar of the attacking gunship engines was deafening, the explosions were like watching a cabaret of fireworks. “Lieutenant can your men hold position.� He asked lowering his binoculars
“Yes. But I’m not sure they can suppress the traitors for long.�
The Commissar Fenerson a short stumpy man who stood akin to Syakotus covered in his long black trench coat down to his feet, turned to the Cadian lieutenant looking him square on with a slight smile to his pale and old face.
“They will not have to. Just long enough to get some of those civilians across the bridge.�
“Forgive me for asking.� The lieutenant paused shaking with his nerves. Reels of sweat rolled from the back of his neck, even though he had to ask the question but knowing he wouldn’t want to hear the answer. “How long is long enough.�
Commissar Fenerson looked down at the nervous lieutenant and smiled. “When they’re all dead of coarse Lieutenant Tyde.�
The lieutenant broke into a cold sweat from those words; feeling for the lose of his men. Syakotus put his right crimson hand on Tyde’s shoulder. “If it eases your conscience their deaths shall not be forgotten.�
Tyde looked up into the eyes of Captain Syakotus then back at the raging battle across the bridge, and finally down to his men defending the fleeing civilians. “It does not.�
Behind Syakotus stood Chaplain Quornas attired in his black ceramite armour with stains of dried blood and sut across his chest plate holding his Crozius tightly, watching the attacking gun ships launch their missiles into the escaping civilians.
He closed his eyes to say a prayer to the Emperor for their deaths.
“Can we suppress them long enough?� He asked looking at Syakotus, who merely gave him a blank expressionless stare, the silence of his Captain answered all of his questions.
Grailin the company chief librarian watched from behind both men as a flurry of rockets exploded flinging its targets upwards with the explosion.
“May the Emperor have mercy upon their poor souls.� He said, softly.
Both Syakotus and Quornas turned to face him, A half smile crossed Syakotus’ face. “I’m sure the Emperor will have mercy for all his people.�
Grailin stood firm his armour coloured in a light blue, yet his hands were coloured crimson like that of the chapter. Looming over his head was his psychic hood, with fires running into the back of his shaven bold head.
Without warning a stray rocket flew into the cliff side from below Syakotus’s feet shaking the ground with a blast of bright yellow sparks from the rock face. Quornas stepped back grabbing his Captains hand to stop him from falling to the thrashing waves banging against the rocks below, then pulled him back. “They’re getting closer.� Quornas said levelling his footing.
Syakotus looked back to the far entrance of the bridge watching the Cadians fight for their lives endlessly, yet the fight was not in their favour. The Knight Lords and cultists out numbered them greatly.
“They will not hold out much longer.� Syakotus said, lowering his binoculars in gesture to Fenerson to look for himself.
The Commissar took the binoculars from Syakotus’s hand to see the massacre for himself. “It will have to be you and your marines that storm across the bridge and take the fight within the city. Our only option is to destroy Volcane you must try, at least until the reinforcements arrive.� He said, removing his cap to stroke his neat grey kemp hair.
“While I will remain here and ensure the safety of the civilians.� He finished. Syakotus looked down at the commissar with a disgruntled look pressed upon his face.
“You are space marines if I am correct it is your duty to die protecting the people of the Imperium.� Fenerson said using each of his words cautiously.
“It concerns me that you are willing to waste the lives of my marines so easily for your personal safety.� Syakotus said grimacing at the commissar.
Last edited by Hulls Raven on 16 Mar 2006, 20:49, edited 2 times in total.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 12 Mar 2006, 21:21

“Why should it bother you we will all die at some point and if fate picks you and your marines today then so be it. We are all here to die for our Emperor are we not?â€￾ Retorted Fenerson.
Syakotus fed a wired chamber connected to his pack into his storm bolter, strapped to his wrist, cocking the chamber back with a cling. “It bothers me that you are so willing to give our lives to the Emperors name above your own commissar.â€￾ Syakotus said, as he walked off down the hill to the bridge.
Tyde looked at the commissar as the Captain walked off.
Quornas tapped Grailin on the shoulder and both men followed their Captain down the grassy hill towards the bridge.
“What if they fail?â€￾ He asked.
The commissar smiled. “Then it will be your turn to give your live in the name of our god Emperor.â€￾

Smoke rolled across the bridge like a thick layer of fog, at the foot explosions were exceptionally loud with more of a ringing echo. The ground raged like an earthquake from the impact of cannon fire.
“Captain.â€￾ Sergeant Xaros called, stepping from the smoke to greet Syakotus.
Xaros’ helmet had a deep crack embedded into the visor his dark ceramite armour was stained with thick black charcoal. Watching Librarian Grailin and Chaplain Quornas follow his Captain he nodded at them in acknowledgement while clenching his bolter tightly to his chest. Retaining his stance he stood still before his Captain as did the rest of the ten man squad Xaros.
“Get your men into the Rhino. Xaros, we’re going to cross the bridge into Volcane.â€￾
Syakotus unsheathed his Power sword from the scabbard on his back, tactical squad Korde followed by assault squad Gevedin approached his side waiting for orders. “You ride with Korde, Gevedin mount up your men follow our rears.â€￾ He ordered.
Another explosion rocked the ground, this time with a heavier impact, and at the far entrance to the bridge.
The Crimson Fists watched, whilst the defending Cadians were flung high into the air. “Tyde’s Men.â€￾ Syakotus muttered. Raising his sword high above his head, he flicked the switch; across the handle and the sword began a low hum before turning slightly red.
Behind him on the battered road the Rhinos started roaring as the drivers revved up the engines. “Quornas remain here make sure the Commissar doesn’t betray us.â€￾
“Do you think he will?â€￾
“He is a coward, and all cowards have the taint of betrayal.â€￾
“Good luck Captain Syakotus.â€￾ Quornas finished stepping back from the Rhinos.
“Grailin I need you to return to the Forge hand and get us some reinforcements.â€￾
Grailin bowed his head in acknowledgement. “As far as I know the Salamanders are the closest to our position.â€￾ He explained stepping back.
“It matters not whom is closest as long as they can fire a gun they will do.â€￾
“Understood.â€￾ Grailin replied.
“Crimson Fists saddle up.â€￾ Syakotus bellowed stepping up inside the bulky armour plated lead Rhino.
Mounted atop was Grissom his crimson fingers clutching the mounted storm bolter.
Korde stepped in behind Syakotus watching as the defending Cadians at the far entrance began to lose more ground as they were cut down by more bursts of gun fire. “C’mon get your arses in now.â€￾ He bellowed, at his squad giving them a stern glare as they stepped in one by one.
The lead Rhino spat out a burst of black fumes the moment it revved up with a release of heavy smoke from its aft engines, then stormed across the entrance onto the bridge. The eleven man crew felt the wrenching of their stomachs while they jerked backwards in their seats gripping their bolters tightly.
Grissom clenched his fingers around the trigger of his mounted storm bolter, with his eyes trained on any sign of their oncoming adversaries as the Rhino sped up across the smoke filled bridge. Behind him another three of the company’s Rhinos followed in hot pursuit.
Suddenly without any warning gun fire came at them from the approaching entrance, bolter fire danced off the front of the Rhino in wisps of dancing sparks the moment it hit the armour, creating a scent of burning mettle filling up the air.
Grissom squeezed his finger on the storm bolter trying to hit anything he could see the bolt shells thumped out from both barrels streaking across the bridge.
The Rhinos closed in on the far entrance, to be greeted by several Chaos space marines, Night lords.
The lead Rhino swerve smashing its way through the dead imperial guard’s barricades, skidding off the bridge into two of the Night Lords instantly crushing them under its huge tracks the clanging of the Rhino screeched, with flying sparks grinding to a sudden halt, rocking its crew from the sudden stop.
Syakotus stood from his seat, clenching his power sword “lower the ramp we’re going out.â€￾
Korde stood behind grabbing his bolter plasma combi from the gun rack, bullet shells echoed through the Rhino as they slammed against the outer hull with a clatter, rocking it side to side, forcing the marines to stumble.
Korde clenched his thunder hammer tightly as he swiped it from were he sat.
Grissom kept his finger on the trigger killing another before receiving a killing shot to his head followed by his upper torso his body slumping forwards. The back ramp of the Rhino opened up with eleven crimson fists charging out led by Syakotus.
My Website

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 15 Mar 2006, 17:27

Just been reading through, and there's a number of changes I'd recommend for the part in the first post (I copied, pasted, edited, I'll do the rest later). Mainly commas at the end of attributed speach (e.g. "he said"), but also some altered words where the tense doesn't fit or the word is one of those that's similar but with different meaning. I've also changed a few of the capitalisations (e.g. uppercase for Space Marines). I don't know whether it has to be like that, but it looks better IMO and thats how I normally see it.

Once I've finished reading over the story, I'll post a temporary version and get your approval for the changes before uploading it proper :)

[edit] OK, I've put the temporary edited version up in a HTML file - http://www.hiveworldterra.co.uk/Volcane.html - if you can read it and tell me what you think of the corrections, that'd be great :) Most of the major ones have been highlighted in gold, with some of the bolding having little comments if you hang over it. There's quite a few punctuation changes in there as well, mainly where the sentence was too long, parts of description needed separating, or where attributed speech was given a fullstop instead of a comma.

Good story though :) I don't know the Imperium enough to know about a Commissar ordering Marines around, but the setting is good and it promises to be a good story.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 15 Mar 2006, 23:53

Commissar's have absolutly no right or Authority regarding Space Marines. You'll notice as the story progress's the Commissar Fenerson steps way over the mark and thus shall be put in his place by Quornas.

Actually you've done me a big favour with your corrections. When i first wrote this story I kinda rushed the gramma out and thus made a great deal of mistakes. Trouble is with work these days i have very little spare time to edit it. And thus i can see that shows. :)

What you've done with these pieces is brilliant.
Thank You. :)

Plus its good to know you've enjoyed the story so far.

I really appreciate the time you taken to read the stories. :)

~Raven.
Last edited by Hulls Raven on 16 Mar 2006, 18:43, edited 3 times in total.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 15 Mar 2006, 23:57

Chapter 2

Gun fire came from within the smoke filled burning city of Volcane killing the first two crimson fists instantly. “Get to cover� Bellowed Syakotus, dodging bolter fire, ducking down behind the half destroyed tower that stood before them.
The Crimson fists dashed to the smashed tower and its half broken wall for cover. Korde crept up besides Syakotus. “Your orders Captain.� He asked.
Without warning the streaking sound of a rocket swept past their heads. The blast exploded besides them with a deafening sound, the explosion tossed the bricks of the tower in the air and across the battered street along with Syakotus and Korde.
The shock from the explosion slammed them hard against the cracked pavement.
Covered in dust and bruised from the impact, Syakotus pulled himself up levelling off, he raised his power sword high in the air “Charge.�
The thirty Crimson fists leapt forward in a frenzied charge led by Syakotus.
Korde clenching his thunder hammer tightly, whilst swinging it gently vibrating with its power field into two approaching cultists, killing them both instantly from the shear strength of his swing.
The veteran sergeant jumped up and down swinging his thunder hammer from side to side knocking adversary after adversary down in pools of blood. None could match his prowess for the shear speed of his actions, swinging one second then parrying the next yet without breaking a sweat.
Frieh, Judson, Moref and Phanus went down on one knee with bolters poised forwards, pulsing their fingers across the triggers then letting round after round pump from the barrels of their guns into cultist after cultist.
Behind them stood in steadfast positions with bolters poised forwards were, Linnix, Horton, Niven, and Damson, also pumping round after round, into the oncoming.
The whole of squad Gevedin fought as one, slashing their chain swords into the flesh of the weak armoured cultists. The blood from their victims, spilled out across the broken roads, and onto their armour staining the dark blue ceramite with lashes of it.
Xaros and his squad, kept close to Syakotus, firing round after round at the remaining cultists, who dared get close enough to them.
Leaping over a pile of bricks and gravel Syakotus jumped into several chaos cultists, swinging his power sword about violently cutting them open. The blood from his fallen victims sprayed across his bare face and the chest plate of his armour.
One cultist crept up behind him, with a las pistol aimed at the back of his head, but was not quick enough with the trigger, at the sound of crunching feet over the broken gravel; he turned to see the face of Kordes thunder hammer smash his skull open.
Syakotus spun around quickly to retaliate, yet he stood down as quickly, seeing Korde stood over the corpse holding his thunder hammer in one hand and his bolter plasma combi in the other.
“Good work Sergeant. You may have saved my life.�
Syakotus stepped atop of the broken bricks to survey the area for himself. He admired the sight of his three squads, standing over their dead victims. The city was all smashed apart, from the incursion of Night Lords, and those heretics who followed the banner of chaos.
Syakotus looked on at the city as it lay in ruins of rubble; he sniffed up the stench of death, the stench of Chaos. Every direction he looked there were smashed buildings many of which remained covered in flames burning high. The destruction from the large thunderous las cannons had levelled most of the streets leaving a very few buildings still standing and only a few no higher than three stories in height. Syakotus climbed up higher on the broken rubble jumping onto a half standing wall laced with blast holes he noticed that the city’s cathedral still standing and almost un-scathed from the massacre. Jumping down from the wall he looked down at Korde. “Is it me or was that just a little too easy old friend.� He mused.
“Maybe the night Lords retreated at the sight of us Captain.� Said Phanus with a slight chuckle, holding his flamer from squad Korde stepping between his Sergeant and Captain.
“I doubt that Phanus, that is merely wishful thinking.� Syakotus returned, turning to face Korde again. “Take your squad to the cathedral try to hold the position if you can, it would serve us well as a command centre. I suspect that they are doing the same plus we may need somewhere to fall back to.�
“I Captain.� Replied the veteran Sergeant as his squad followed him off into the smoke filled city.
“Gevedin take your assault squad and fall back to the bridge, the traitorous scum must not be allowed to leave Volcane no matter the cost.�
Xaros gazed upon the Night Lords thunderhawks “What of them Captain.�
“That will have to be that excuse for a human Commissar Fenersons problem. I have no doubt that he will not hesitate to use his basilisk artillery to gun them down from these smoke filled skies.�

Fenerson watched from the cliffs edge through his binoculars, the Crimson fists spread out, from the bridge’s entrance. “You should watch them Tyde, you may learn a thing or two from their tactics.� He said taunting the lieutenant.
Tyde said nothing to retaliate, he just clenched his las pistol tightly in his hand, reminding himself that the Commissar was his ally not his enemy.
“Tyde order your leman Russ cannons to shoot those thunderhawks down.� The Commissar said pointing at the fact they were heading towards them.
“Sergeant Masson, open fire at our oncoming adversaries� He voxed the tank Sergeant.
Suddenly the sound of cannon fire rocked the ground in heavy quakes as the Leman Russ tanks opened fire at the Night Lords oncoming thunderhawks.
Dark smoke consumed the sky with a burst of yellow followed by the sound of a thunderous crackle as one of the thunderhawks combust across the sky.
Both the Commissar and Tyde watched in horror as Raptors emerged from the black smoke of the fallen thunderhawk.
“Destroy the other before it reaches us Sergeant.� Tyde voxed quickly.
Watching the cannons of the Leman Russ’s destroy the second thunderhawk then watched more Raptors disembark the burning craft, he felt is stomach clench with anxiety at the mere thought of those abominable creatures, yet to his relieve they seemed to turn about back to the city of Volcane.

Syakotus turned his head back to the bridge, at the sight of the destruction of the two, Night Lords thunderhawks. He raised his sword in cheer with his brothers to be cut of by what can only be described as a high pitched screeching from above; Necus bellowed “Raptors� as a plasma blast from above took his life.
Syakotus held his arm upwards towards them clenching his fist tight pushing on the trigger in his palm he let out a burst of auto fire from the storm bolter strapped to his wrist.
Sergeant Xaros, Cuoson, Drake’s, held their bolters upwards as the Raptors pounced on them from above with barely any warning, Cuoson tried to hit his oncoming attacker but lacked the speed of his adversary as it landed forward of him slamming the butt of it’s chain axe at his face and thus was knocked to the floor from were he stood, “Cuoson are you ok.� bellowed Drake’s trying to get to him for aid but was cut from his legs with his upper torso flung violently forwards across the road side in the attempt one of the attacking Raptors had swooped down low at him slicing through his legs with it’s power sword with a gush of blood spilling out across the floor the Raptor held his power sword over Drake’s mortally wounded body to plunge down into his spine but was cut open by heavy bolter fire from across the road were Icyus stood, Xaros looked across, training his bolter forwards lunged forward of Drake’s but was blocked by another Raptor taking a swing at him with both of it’s lightening claws, he jumped over the fallen Drake’s swinging his chain sword into the Raptor cutting into it’s vile armour splashing black blood across the front of his helmet, but yet another swooped in behind him mimicking his actions Xaros had no choice but to face his newer adversary hoping he’d wounded the other enough to stay down long enough to slay the newer.
Yet his luck had run out, three more Raptors swooped in upon him cutting into his chest deep enough to slice the ceramite of his armour and slice through his mortal flesh, Xaros dropped to his knees feeling the pain consume his body dropping his bolter to the ground defying gravity with one hand holding himself up the Raptor cut through the back of his neck whilst screeching out loudly in a chuckle at his pain, moments before his head slipped away from his upper torso.
Cuoson watched in horror as the blood of Xaros ‘S remains dashed across the Raptors and the ground beneath him.
Drake’s rolled over in excruciating pain from the loss of both his legs clenching his bolter and firing on full auto at the butchering Raptors also giving Cuoson’s time to stagger up.
Two of the Raptors fell in an array of bolter shells splitting into their flesh, whilst the third swooped over to Drake’s slamming its cursed chain sword in to his spine and pinning him down.
Syakotus dashed over to Cuoson “Come brother they are lost, we need to fall back or we will join them in death.� He said grabbing hold of Cuoson’s blood stained shoulder using his strength to yank him back from the blood frenzied Raptors.
Len Ruo, gripped his flamer releasing a heavy burst of flames into the Raptors killing one in his attack yet without warning five more dropped behind him three with lightening claws and two with chain axes, Len Ruo spun again quick enough with his flamer hitting the first to stab at him with hot flames, it fell forwards screeching like a hungry newborn child.
Icyus jumped other at Len Ruo’s side, armed with his heavy bolter “Die incarnations of the abyss.� He muttered as his finger squeezed the trigger killing all the Raptors forward of them, one by one they fell to their deaths their flesh pulled apart by the onslaught of bolter shells, black blood consumed the ground about them.
Two more Raptors dropped down from the smoke filled skies, firing plasma blasts at Icyus’s feet only adding to his frenzied rage; again he let loose another round of heavy gun fire, at them, cutting them both open.
The first was ripped apart screeching for breath, as it was blown back against the smashed walls, of the dirt ridden buildings then, the other dropped to its death in screaming agony. Syakotus flung himself into the remaining three, taking them by surprise, slicing his power sword, in mad fury decapitating their heads, leaving a mess of blood and guts across the broken street.
Cuoson’s stood at his side reloading another bolter clip, looking in anticipation for more to come. “I think we won this round brothers.� Syakotus said addressing the remaining Crimson Fists.
“Captain there are more.� Icyus grumbled spinning round clenching his heavy bolter with pride.
Hatal and Radeka went down on one knee with their bolters trained forwards aiming towards the oncoming cultists rushing towards them; with the crack of gun fire, the cultists began shooting their auto guns at Syakotus and the Crimson Fists, the bullets merely bounced off their armour. “Open fire, shoot those bastards down.� Bellowed Syakotus with the sudden wind echoing his voice.
Hatal and Radeka opened fire on full auto, their bolter shells flung into the cultists creating a shower of raining blood with the cultists being ripped to pieces, within moments they’d all fallen to their deaths.
Syakotus walked forwards taking a look at the shadows from the distance of the half standing buildings.
Suddenly with less then a seconds warning the dark sky was up in an array of red and yellow streaks of flames, giving Syakotus chance to see that they were no bolts of fire, gaping his eyes wider he saw the closer the screeching arrows came towards them that they were rockets, before he had the chance to warn the others, the road that they all stood on collapse in on itself, dragging them down with the blast, toppling down below, only to be crush by the nearby unstable buildings, crashing down onto them.
Then one last explosion shot upwards with a large burst of ash clouds, dropping back down like snow, covering the immediate area into a large vapour cloud, the explosion also burst some of the nearby gas pipes, forcing a new and even bigger explosion, the remaining cultists in the area were blown to pieces, or killed by the circularised explosions being carried further with the sudden blast winds, those cultists that remained unscathed by the destruction suffocated to their deaths chocking in agonising pain.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 16 Mar 2006, 16:43

Chapter 3

The interior of the cathedral was surrounded in a blanket of darkness and shadows.
The ceilings were high ranging, lofty and appeared to touch the heavens, which were held up by magnificent old oak wooden beams going across the walls to arch into the great grey granite pillars.
Thrusting out of the stone ground, giving a magnificent strong appearance to the structure a majestic site to the eye.
In each corner were white marble pillars, two rising up to the lofty ceiling, around them and spiralling upwards were carved ivory into the marble.
Sat atop of each pillar were carvings of white angels, all kneeling with splendorous wings arching around them, almost encasing them, as if the angels where mourning. They had their heads dipped down and in each hand clasped before them the hilts of a sword laid out before them.
The windows were coloured pieces of glass put together to form angels, the rays of what little light there was shone through them in long beams of yellow down to the marble floors.
Dust could be seen dancing through the air silently almost motionless.
To break the serenity of this scene, hung chains around the calves and chest where the human remains, what was left of them.
They had been stripped of all their skin, all unrecognisable, their innards where coming out and dripping blood from every inch.
A brutal and torturous act from their Night Lord torturers now left for all to see as mere trophies.
From the far exits stood two Night Lord Chaos space marines motionless, and poised ready for any intruder, clenching their bolters unmoving yet their eyes seemed be looking everywhere.
Forward of them rows and rows of bench’s made of black volcanic rock, shiny yet dull, rather plain in appearance, yet a spectacle to look on non-the less, all leading up to the lectern at the head of the cathedral.
Stood at the stand reading the preacher’s book of ancient knowledge was Lord Cravex of the Night Lords, adorned in dark blue ceramite armour, with a metallic glow almost looking black in places from the dark shadows, lightening was pasted down his leg armour with a slight metallic glow.
His skin was whiter than white, almost as white and hard looking as the marble angels faces, his eyes where black, like two black beads where a mans eyes would be, yet shinning with a depth that could go on for an eternity.
His teeth where long pointy razor sharp looking needles, and badly stained dark red.
On occasion his long and pronged fork tongue would like his lips.
Upon his chest he boasted a bone coloured skull with a giant bats wings sprouting from each side, it looked rather too majestic for a character of his calibre.
Hung loosely across his boasted large chest were his rusty chains attached to one long diagonal down his chest they vanished in swaggers around his back, he wore them around his waist also, and they hung down over one leg like a curtain.
Upon his back he carried a large demonic sword, sheathed, and covered by one huge and impressive murky grey fur giant rat cloak, joined from the front of his chest by the front paws, clenched together with a blood stained ruby red clasp.
Upon his shoulder he wore a carved face screeching out in fear whilst his other carried the Night Lords symbol.
Stood by his side was Pertude attired in all black an unusual black, adorned about him, he wore a long black heavy cloak thick and not worn, but yet old in places.
He had adorning his head a skull cap of black with two prongs braised at either side, half way up then branched off and curved in.
Lexor entered the cathedral hall, walking with a strong purpose to his stance, stopping abruptly before Cravex, who looked up at him from his book.
“My lord, space marines have entered the city.â€￾
“Have the raptors disembark from the thunderhawks.â€￾ Came his calm response.
Lexor stepped back slightly.
“My lord I would if not for the fact they have all been slaughtered by the space marines.â€￾ He said lowering his tone.
Cravex looked like he was about to shoot the messenger.
“So the Salamanders have returned.â€￾
“No my lord, another chapter.â€￾ Lexor answered.
Cravex turned his full attention to him. “How many.â€￾
Again Lexor stepped back. “I cannot answer that.â€￾ He paused, before resuming.
“Am-I to hunt them down?â€￾
“Noâ€￾ Came the steadfast reply.
“May I ask why?â€￾
Cravex replaced the book he was reading back on the lectern face open. “Because they will come to us.â€￾ He responded.
It was this moment Pertude stepped closer to Cravex, holding his motion gripping his fingers tightly around his psychic staff, he tilted his head at Cravex’s ear to speak. “Perhaps we should take our leave of this city and advance across the bridge to slaughter all opposition before it grows in numbers.â€￾ He said with an almost silent pitch to his tone.
Cravex slowly turned his head to gaze upon Pertude
“What opposition a mere handful of imperial guards. What match will they be to me I personally took this city from the Salamanders and five hundred of those imperial guards.â€￾ Cravex said raising his tone to echo through the hall.
“We will take our leave of this place when I decide.â€￾ He finished his tone still raised.
Pertude moved closer to Cravex motionlessly as if gliding. “Do you forget that if we are to follow Abbadons plan the sooner we leave this place, the sooner we can meet up with the Word Bearers and double in numbers. If we stay here we will become vulnerable.â€￾
Cravex turned his full attention to Pertude who backed off slightly.
“You are over confident, this will be your downfall unless you keep with Abbadons plan, remember you pledged your allegiance to follow Abbadons banner. Surely you dare not doubt Abbadon the despoiler.â€￾ Pertude said directing the words at Cravex with a daring, raised tone.
Cravex danced his fingers over his holstered plasma pistol, until now hidden under the chains and asked.
“Just remind me again why you are here?â€￾
Pertude stepped back with caution from the angered manner in Cravex’s tone with his eyes fixed on Cravex’s hand movements.
“Abbadon wish’s it.â€￾ He replied.
“I will not be taunted by your poisoned tongue, nor, will I be spied upon by my so-called ally. So I ask you one last time why you are here?â€￾
Cravex gripped the handle of his holstered plasma pistol.
Pertude stepped back further more and gripped his psychic staff ever more tightly. “Because Abbadon request’s my presence at your side to merely assist you.â€￾
Cravex drew his plasma pistol swiftly from its holster and pointed it directly at pertude’s glaring face.
Without warning Cravex clenched his finger over the trigger releasing a beam of hot plasma, the beam smashed into Pertude’s face, killing him instantly.
“Wrong answer.â€￾
Pertude’s lifeless body fell back onto the stone and marble floor, his face all melted and charred with the lingering smell of burnt meat, from the smoke now rising.
Cravex’s glare told Lexor not to ask anymore questions.
“Remove this scum from my sight.â€￾
Lexor bowed then gave a hand gesture to the guards that stood by the door, where he’d entered through.
Both came over and each took a firm hold of one of Pertude’s still warm hands and began dragging him out.
Cravex re-holstered his smoking plasma pistol.

Korde and his squad had finally reached the end of their journey to the gates outside the cathedral.
They glanced out over the cemetery their colours were almost invisible to the backdrop of darkness.
Phanus peered past the locked gates and past the gravestones, they were carved from every stone known to man, some new, some covered in moss and ivy, others decaying, cracked or even with bolter blasts smashed into them; not even a holy place was sacred in death.
Phanus could see the cathedral entrance with two Night Lords on centaury duty clenching heavy stubbers.
Korde stepped over to him looking for himself, to survey the area, it was heavy with old, gnarled trees, their boughs and leaves rustling and eking in the almost silent breeze that crept upon them.
The main ground encroaching the entrance was covered with a mass of gravestones.
The further they got to the entrance doors the more kemp they where; ivy, weather and intervention had caused some to vanish, sink, slump, or fall completely over.
Above the two large wood stained entrance doors, was a clock tower, dominant and strong in its height?
A Night Lord armed with a plasma gun overlooked the cemetery from inside; he would be a UN advantaged inconvenience, to reach their first goal, the main entrance.
“Ok brothers, we know that once we crack the lock on this gate they will be alerted to our presence. But what they don’t realise is that they out number us. Greatly.â€￾
“So what’s the plan?â€￾ Phanus interrupted.
Korde glanced at Phanus with a rather annoyed expression fixed on his face.
“As I was saying, we will hide this fact by branching into five squads of two. We shall use grave markers as our cover.â€￾ Came back Korde still surveying the Night Lord, and some others barely insight on the cathedral roof.
Judson slowly advanced towards Korde, slowly cocking his bolter for action. “Sarg, some back up may be an advantage.â€￾
Korde glanced into the reds of his helmets eye viewers, gripping his communicator strapped to his belt; he held it up to his mouth. “Captain.â€￾
No response was returned to him.
“Captain…..â€￾
Again no response.
Frieh closed in to Korde “Perhaps that explosion was the death of our Captain.â€￾ He said.
“Maybe.â€￾ Replied Korde.
“Do you still want to take the cathedral?â€￾ Frieh added.
“If on the chance Captain Syakotus is dead, then I am in command and say we follow his last orders. He is or was our Captain; therefore it is our duty to obey his orders.â€￾
Korde explained.
Korde put the com to his mouth again. “Gevedin.â€￾
The com crackled slightly. “Gevedin here. That you Korde.â€￾ Came Gevedin’ S response.
“What’s your situation?â€￾ Korde asked.
“No resistance what so ever.â€￾
“Good we need your help at the cemetery. I’m not sure were Captain Syakotus is or if he’s even alive. All contact with him has been lost. My squad and I are at the cathedrals gates but from the look of this place we are greatly out numbered.â€￾
“What you need from me Korde.â€￾
“Can you mount your men in the Rhinos and give us some assistance in taking this place out.â€￾ Korde asked.
“Consider it done old friend. Start your attack we should be with you shortly.â€￾ Gevedin finished.
“Thank you.â€￾ Finished Korde replacing his com back on his waist.
“Frieh open the gates.â€￾ Ordered Korde.
Unhooking his knife from his waist Frieh jolted it into the lock sealing the tall gothic designed gates; he slowly wedged the blade through the key hole of the lock and twisted it about for around two minutes.
With a clang that rocked the gate causing an echo across the cemetery the lock broke snapping the blade off the knife handle, dropping to the ground.
Judson eased his shoulder gently at the tall gates pushing them open, clenching his fingers around his bolters handle.
Korde slid past him holding his combi with both hands. “We’re in. Remember stick to the plan.â€￾
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 16 Mar 2006, 16:45

Chapter 4

Syakotus stood alone covered in a blanket of darkness the soft sound of a gently humming wind echoed. Slowly he walked through the darkness that surrounded him, in one hand he clenched his fingers tightly around the handle of his power sword. The further he walked the louder the humming. He stopped at the sight of a glowing green light in the far distance. Come, come to me. Called out a soft voice.
“Show yourself.â€￾ He called.
The glowing green light began to change different shades of green morphine from bright green to an illuminist green. Cautiously Syakotus began to approach the light the closer he got the more he could see its shape. Come, come to me Syakotus come.
“Who are you?â€￾ The Captain called.
You know my name.
He took hold of his power sword with both hands while still approaching the green light, which was now in the form of a sphere. “What are you?â€￾ He asked.
You know my name. It called.
Syakotus stopped the moment he reached the sphere his armour reflected off the green illuminist green into the surrounding darkness. Raising both his hands high above his hand still clenching his power sword he prepared to destroy the sphere until he realised his power sword was gone.
You will be forgiven.

“Captain, Captain.â€￾
Syakotus opened his eyes at the sight of Len Ruo shrugging his ash covered shoulders.
“Praise be to the Emperor, you are alive.â€￾ Len Ruo said stepping back.
Syakotus sat up from the sludge of the sewers he’d been laid in. “What happened.â€￾ He asked regaining his conscious whilst rubbing the ash from his long hair.
“Those rockets hit the gas mains causing a compulsive row of explosions tearing the ground from our feet.â€￾ Explained Len Ruo helping him up from the sludgy water.
Syakotus stood to his feet picking his power sword from the sludge. “And the others.â€￾ He asked.
Len Ruo removed his helmet revealing his bold head, before rubbing it. “Only you I Cuoson, and Redeka were lucky enough to survive. The others were crushed from the fall by the buildings.â€￾
Syakotus engaged the vox unit in his throat “Korde…Korde Respond….Gevedin Syakotus to Gevedin.â€￾
“No good Captain, we’ve tried, we just cannot get a signal down here.â€￾ Cuoson said walking to his side.
“We cannot stay here our brothers may be in need of our help for sure, as I assume by now they think we are lost to them.â€￾ Syakotus explained whilst checking his wrist mounted storm bolter for damage. “Cuoson I want you to following up the rear, Redeka take point.â€￾ He ordered cocking his storm bolter whilst wiping the ash from his arm.
Redeka cocked his bolter ready for immediate disperse, as did Cuoson.
Len Ruo readied his flamer training it forwards of him.
The four of them began their long journey down the grim, and dark sludge covered sewer tunnels, trudging their feet through the ankle high murky sludge water.

Korde and Phanus were the first to enter the cemetery, ducking down behind the nearest gravestone, followed through by Linnix and Frieh, creeping past them too the next gravestone.
Korde and Phanus moved off again, further for cover behind another gravestone.
Bealon and Horton took up cover from the gravestone behind them. Linnix moved from cover to reach another gravestone but was brought to a sudden halt, from a plasma beam missing him by inches cutting into the soil forward of his feet.
“We’ve been seen brothers.â€￾ Yelled Korde moments after he rose to his feet letting out a plasma blast at the firing Night Lord in the clock tower form his combi.
The beam smashed into the wall slightly lower from his firing position.
The two Night Lords on centaury duty by the tall entrance doors went down on one knee whilst letting out a roar of heavy stubber gun fire, followed by the deafening sound echoing across the cathedral grounds.
Korde ducked back down, merely dodging the spraying bullets; rip into the gravestones knocking chunks of stone off.
“It would seem that we are pinned down brothers.â€￾ Korde yelled over the deafening sound of gun fire.
Linnix through himself over to his closest gravestone for cover, whilst Frieh, stood to his feet, once the firing had stopped, letting the Night Lords reload, he moved forward firing his bolter off at their position, whilst trying to dodge another plasma beam from the clock tower.
The gun fire from the heavy stubbers started up again, giving him time to duck behind another grave.
Korde crawled on his belly across to some nearby bushes, followed by Phanus, giving Niven, and Judson chance to take cover from their position.
Again the stubber firing stopped, Korde picked himself up from the bushes running towards another grave, firing a full burst of bolter shells from his combi, one of the shells strayed out across the cemetery like laser beam before it thudded into one of the centaury guards neck, a lucky killing shot, moments before the other had reloaded, letting out another round.
Horton trained his plasma gun up at the clock tower, pulling his finger back on the trigger he managed to kill the Night Lord, and then watched his plasma gun drop from the tower to the ground.
The entrance doors opened only for more Night Lord Space marines to pour out; all armed with bolters and firing round after round off.
Within seconds the cemetery became a deafening battle ground, filling the air with a layer of gunfire smoke, bringing down the smell of burning mettle as the stray bullets thudded into the trees and screeched off into the distance.
The Crimson Fists slowly advancing forwards ducking down to reload then spring up from behind the gravestone to fire off a round or two.

From the cliff’s edge Commissar Fenerson watched Gevedins Crimson fists, advance away from the bridge. “Lieutenant Tyde have we got all the civilians from Volcane across the bridge?â€￾ He asked.
Tyde looked back down to the entrance were the Cadian Karskins stood poised ready, then back at the imperial gun ships loading the civilians in. “It would appear so Commissar.â€￾
“Then we should prepare to take our leave of this place while we still draw breath.â€￾ Fenerson said stroking his white hair.
Tyde looked up at him. “What about the Crimson Fists.â€￾
Behind him Quornas stepped up followed by five more Crimson Fists holding a tight grip on his bolt pistol. “Yes Commissar what about the Crimson Fists.â€￾ He asked repeating Tyde’s question.
“I’m not prepared to risk the lives of my men in an endless battle of which we cannot win.â€￾ The Commissar said looking back at the city Volcane.
“What you mean Commissar is your life.â€￾ Quornas questioned.
“You’re Captain and his men don’t stand a chance, they are but mortal men like myself and lieutenant Tyde here.â€￾
“You insult meâ€￾ Quornas yelled, letting the soft wind carry his words in a loud echo.
Turning his gaze upon Lieutenant Tyde Quornas pointed to the Karskins standing poised by the bridge. “Send them across the bridge to take up a defensive position Lieutenant.â€￾ Quornas ordered.
Tyde smiled at the Chaplain. “Of course.â€￾
“Damn you Tyde delay that order. For if you do not I will be forced to have you shot for disobeying my orders. Is that clear.â€￾
Quornas returned his gaze at Fenerson. “If you attempt to runaway like the coward you are little man I will personally take your life.â€￾ Quornas said in a firm steadfast tone pointing his bolt pistol into Fenersons face.
“You cannot talk to me in this manner.â€￾ Fenerson retorted.
“Do not make the mistake of thinking I am answerable to your commissariat. If you insult me a second time it will be the last time you do. Am I clear?â€￾
Fenerson dared not look into the reds of Quornas’s eyes with their fixed gaze from his sculpted skull of a helmet; instead he turned his panic stricken face at Tyde’s. “Do as he asks.â€￾

The tunnels were long dark, and gloomy everything was beginning to decay Syakotus sheathed his power sword taking in a breath of the vomit stricken sewage air.
Redeka signalled his hand up to stop. “What is Redeka?â€￾ Asked Syakotus.
“Someone laid half up from the sewage Captain. I’m not sure but it looks like another marine.â€￾
Syakotus trudged across to Redeka.
“Let me take a look.â€￾ He said passing Redeka’s position.
Syakotus walked over to the injured looking marine, and knelt beside him.
His armour was a light green with the pattern of a lizards head on his shoulder.
The marine’s bare face was badly bruised, cut, and covered in dried blood.
“I recognise his armour he’s a Salamander.â€￾ Syakotus said gently shrugging him.
The Salamander opened his bruised eyes slowly, groaning in pain.
“Brother you live. Take a moment to regain your thoughts.â€￾
Redeka clenching his bolter carried on forward checking the seemingly endless tunnel keeping close to the slime ridden walls incase of intrusion.
The Salamander groaned some more, before looking into Syakotus’s face.
Syakotus helped the injured marine sit upwards.
“What is your name brother?â€￾ He asked.
The Salamander coughed up blood that had filled up in his mouth. “Vexe.â€￾ He answered, coughing out more blood.
“Do you remember what happened to you?â€￾
“Yes I remember now.â€￾ Coughing up more flam and blood. “My brothers and I tried to withdraw after our Chaplain was slain by Their Lord Cravex.â€￾ He paused to cough out more blood. “We were only one squad against many more the sarg was slain by Cravex trying to blow the power plant the Night Lords took the life’s of my brothers. I barely managed to escape the torment of those bastards.â€￾
“How;â€￾ Interrupted Syakotus.
“Inside the power plant the drains lead down here into the sewers.â€￾
“Do you know the way back to the power plant from here?â€￾ Syakotus asked.
Vexe tried to stand, but slipped back into the murky sludge. “The way is simple Crimson Fist this tunnel is two miles from the plant, it’s merely a straight walk, if that is your destination, keep your path with this tunnel it will lead you directly under the compound.â€￾
Syakotus rose to his feet. “Redeka take Vexe back to the guardsmen holding the bridge.â€￾
Redeka came to stand by Syakotus nodding in compliance, and then bending down to help Vexe to his feet.
“Len Ruo you have point.â€￾ Syakotus ordered.
Vexe draped his arm around Redekas neck, just before they began heading back to the bridge, down the tunnel, he turned to Syakotus.
“Captain, The people who built this city used the volcano beneath it for the main source of power; it’s like a vortex at the ground level of the plant in the main hall, if you survive long enough to reach it.â€￾ He paused whilst he began coughing out more blood spitting it down his chest. “You will find the charges have already been set. You will just need to detonate them.â€￾ He finished holding his hand out to give Cuoson the detonator.
“I wish you gods speed Crimson Fists.â€￾

Last edited by Hulls Raven on 16 Mar 2006, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 16 Mar 2006, 16:45

Korde was the closest of his squad, nearing the entrance, still bobbing up to fire off a shot, from his combi, before bobbing back down.
In turn the remaining Night Lords would reload and fire a full burst on auto in the direction of the advancing Crimson Fists.
Bullets flew through the air as if slicing through water leaving a trace from where they came, to where their destination would end lighting up the place in an array of a deafening white noise.
Phanus took up the rear from Korde, with Frieh taking up his rear, leaving Moref, covering Frieh’s back,
The moment the remaining Night Lords defending the cathedral doors would reload their bolters, all ten of Kordes squad would rise up from behind the gravestones taking a shot at the reloading Night Lords, then would advance slowly to the next gravestone dropping back down behind for cover.
The entire cathedral was lit up in an array of yellow sparks from the roaring gun fire.
Glancing back at the sound of growling motors, Korde looked back to watch the first Rhino tear through the front wall in a waterfall of shattered marble and bricks, riding high on a wave of rubble and plunging into the cemetery with a growling vengeance.
Standing up to full height with his thunder hammer vibrating in one hand his combi in the other he let out a roar of his own “CHARGE.â€￾
The Crimson Fists all rose from cover, and began charging their way towards the main entrance, whilst gunning down the Night Lords still shocked from the oncoming Rhinos.
Korde jumped over the last of the gravestones charging into the approaching Knight Lord Revving its chain sword.
The Night Lord jumped into Korde Knocking him off balance, before kicking him in his stomach knocking him back again.
The Night Lord raised his bolt pistol up too shoot Kordes face off, yet the chamber clicked empty.
Looking through the reds of his eyes at Korde he dropped his bolt pistol at the ground, revving up his chain sword.
The blades rattled loudly the moment he swung it down to cut through Kordes chest, yet Korde anticipated the attack blocking the sword with his thunder hammer. Confusing the Night Lord he spun around, bringing the thunder hammer to bear.
Pausing slightly to take one last look at his victim before plunging the hammer into his face shattering his winged helmet open, then splitting his skull.
Phanus kicked the cathedral doors open, charging in with his bolter blazing on full auto clenching it tightly with both hands.
Dropping from the marble pillows above, A Night Lord Champion, Tallis landed behind the over eager Crimson Fist.
Phanus spun round clicking his bolter on empty, meeting the over sized power sword clenched within Tallis’s hand.
Phanus dropped to his knees in a pool of his own blood; he hadn’t even seen the blade slice through his upper torso.
Releasing his bolter from his grip Phanus slumped onto the marble floor in two half’s.
Korde stood in the doorway horrified at the death of his brother Crimson Fist.
“You’ll pay for that.â€￾ He said dropping his combi to the floor gripping his thunder hammer with both hands, he took a swing at Tallisr, who merely jumped back then jumped up onto the benches.
Behind Korde Frieh, Linnix, and Horton, stepped up bolters poised in their hands trained forwards.
At the far side of the hall, Cravex stepped aside from the Lectern, with a bemused look dressed upon his white face.
Seconds later the stain glass windows at either side of the cathedrals hall smashed, simultaneously, with Gevedin’s assault squad jumping through the shower of coloured glass, armed with bolt pistols and chain swords, the broken glass shattered across the benches and like water spilling onto the marble floor, forcing Tallis to duck down in between the benches for cover, the assault marines landed with their feet face down on top on the benches back rests.
Cravex stepped forwards slightly, watching the whole spectacle in amusement. “Oh please.â€￾ He clapped.
“Is this the best you have for me?â€￾ He said laughing louder this time.
Two of the assault marines jumped down from the benches, then charged at him with their chain swords rattling an echo through out the dimly lit corridor.
Cravex unsheathed his mighty demon sword from the scabbard strapped on his back over his fur cloak then jumped down from the lecterns stand, the swiftness of his actions was more than a match for the two.
Ducking down, at their charge, using the full skill of his actions, he cut into the two Crimson Fists, slicing them in half with a spill of blood, that showered across the chains, that hung from his chest and down to his feet, both marines dropped to their deaths.
Licking his lips Cravex smiled once more. “Anymore takers.â€￾
All the crimson Fists stood looking at their dead brothers in shear shock.
By his swift actions Korde realised that this was no normal chaos space marine, but infact was a chaos space marine Lord.
Tallis rose up from behind the benches lashing out at Gevedin, swiping his power sword at his feet trying to knock the sergeant of balance.
Gevedin flung from his feet landing between the benches hard on his back.
Three of the assault marines who were stood at his side all jumped down swinging their rattling chain swords into Tallis’s armour, although Tallis knew he was finished he still managed to plunge his power swords blade into one of his attackers whilst the other two took his life from him.
Korde knew that if he were to engage the Chaos Lord he would surely face certain death, yet he chose to charge at Cravex swinging his thunder hammer from side to side.
His thunder hammer vibrated gently in his hand its power field eager to iito Craxe’s face.
“AAArrrghâ€￾ He bellowed
Cravex watched the desperate veteran sergeant come at him, raising his hand up forwards holding his palm out flat; he waited for Korde to reach him.
Like a fly he then swatted him off his balance.
Korde landed on his side, rolling over into the benches knocking himself out cold.
Cravex put one foot on Kordes chest un-holstering his plasma pistol pointing it at the two assault marines that stood over the corpse of Tallis.
“He was one of my favoured championsâ€￾ he said squeezing the trigger back moments before killing them from the plasma bolts.
Gevedin stood to his feet aiming his plasma pistol at Cravex’s face. “It pleases me that we have angered you.â€￾ He said regaining his breath.
Cravex looked on at him. “Doe’s it.â€￾
Frieh, Linnix, Judson, Horton, and Moref, all poised ready to fire their bolters at Cravex, Frieh looked at Korde not knowing if their sergeant was dead or not.
“Fire.â€￾ He bellowed.
The four of them let out a roar of bolter fire from their guns, watching the tracer bullets head towards Cravex.
Cravex saw the rain of bullets head towards him, raising his arm still gripping his plasma pistol, a grapple came out of his wrist shooting up to the pillars, taking him with it.
The bullets missed their target, moments before he was thrust up to the ceiling, firing his plasma pistol into the roofs side, blasting a hole big enough for him to slip through, whilst managing to use his wait to swing his legs through the hole he’d just made, disappearing into the darkness.
Korde groaned out before pulling himself up off the marble floor, Gevedin stood over him ready to help him to his feet.
“What now he asked.â€￾
Korde stood to his feet feeling bruised, and removed his helmet, taking in a breath of air he looked to Gevedin. “He’ll proberly retreat to the power plant to the bulk of where his traitorous scum will be.â€￾
“What are we to do in the mean time sarg?â€￾ Frieh asked handing Korde his thunder hammer.
Korde stroked his white hair whilst taking his thunder hammer from Frieh. “Exactly as the Captain ordered. We will hold the cathedral. At least Gevedin will, while I have assumed command of the mission. I will take my squad to the power plant unless we make contact with the Captain and he orders us other wise.â€￾
My Website

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 Mar 2006, 17:14

:o that's a long third chapter for me to read! I'll try and get it done tonight :)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 Mar 2006, 19:19

It may not be completely perfect, but I've updated the static web page. I've not bolded too much because most of it was just cutting long and unwieldy sentences into multiple shorter ones.

I'll get chapter 3 done later.

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 16 Mar 2006, 20:47

Thank You IB I really appreciate the work you've put in this.

Thank You.

When I've finished posting this one up I'll post the other two stories Crimson Fist III & IV they are perfect well pretty much lol their alot more recent then the first 2.

Once again Thank You.

~Raven.
My Website

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 18 Mar 2006, 11:43

OK, chapter three is now in the Volcane.html file, and chapter two is on the site :) Chapter three had a few bits that need feedback, so if you can check it out, hover over any bold bits and give me some opinions and choices, that'd be great :)

I'll try to get the fourth chapter (the one that's actually the long one!) done before the Formula One qualifying replay starts in a couple of hours :)

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 18 Mar 2006, 12:15

No worries. I'll have a read.
I will post up Chapter 5 today.

Once again thank you.
:)

~Raven.
Last edited by Hulls Raven on 18 Mar 2006, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.
My Website

Hulls Raven
Standard Member
Standard Member
Progress to next rank:

58%

Postby Hulls Raven at 18 Mar 2006, 12:39

Chapter 5

Captain Syakotus and his two Crimson Fists moved quickly through the darkness of the sewers, trudging on through the sludge.
Len Ruo who was on point stopped abruptly, signalling the others to follow suit.
“What is brother?â€￾ Syakotus asked.
Igniting the flamer he grasp tightly in his crimson hands Len Ruo went down on one knee “Captain looks like two chaos marines on centaury by that ladder.
Syakotus crept up to his side followed by Cuoson.
“What now.â€￾ Asked Len Ruo.
Flexing his fingers over the trigger placed in his crimson palm for his storm bolter Syakotus looked above them at the dank ceiling, “If I’m correct we’re directly under the power plant. It looks like that ladder is our way in.â€￾
Cuoson pulled out his auspex looking at the screen through the darkness that covered them like a blanket. “Lucky us it’s just the two of them.â€￾ He said looking up at Syakotus.
“How we doing this Captain?â€￾ Asked Len Ruo.
“Burn the bastards.â€￾
With that Len Ruo jumped up and charged forwards, splashing sludge across his legs, gripping his flamer tightly, and squeezing his finger over the trigger, a gush of flames shot out into the two Night Lords.
Taking them by surprise they barley had time to react gripping their bolters to attack the flames engulfed them totally.
Both of the chaos marines fell forwards into the murky sludge, screeching in pain whilst the flames burnt through their dark blue armour, lighting them up and burning into their corrupted flesh.
Len Ruo stood over both of the dying marines, and let out a second burst of flames, adding to their already agonising pain.
Dropping their bolters, the two marines screeched out loudly, letting the screams of their dying breaths echo straight down the sewers soon to die out.
Syakotus stepped over the charred bodies of the two chaos marines, gripping onto the ladder’s sides, he began climbing the long ladder upwards.
Once Syakotus had reached the top, he began turning the squeaking circular handle unscrewing the sewers lid, pushing it upwards, he pulled himself out.
His power sword from its scabbard then flicking the handle switch, the sword began a gentle humming, before the blade began turning slightly red.
Cuoson and Len Ruo followed him out gripping their weapons tightly.
“What now Captain.â€￾ Asked Cuoson.
Taking in his surroundings, the corridor in which they had climbed up in was very wide, wide enough for three tanks to travel side by side, the top was arched much like the inside of a holy church, the whole structure was dark and grey with an old gothic look.
The floor was made up of marble, with square patterns across the sides, with the shapes of circles all down the centre. “We find the power source of this place and destroy it.â€￾
Both Len Ruo and Cuoson looked each other in the face, then Cuoson cocked his bolter for immediate disperse.
Syakotus engaged the vox unit in his throat. “Korde…â€￾

“Captain…Captain Good to hear your voice we thought you were dead.â€￾Came Kordes voice.

“You should know me better than that sergeant. What’s your location?â€￾

“At the mo we’re en-route to the power plant…..we managed to take control of the cathedral….but we assumed you were dead. So I took command leaving Gevedin at the cathedral…..trouble is we are badly out numbered down here….Quornas voxed me. He say’s the Salamanders have arrived…He’s ordered a pick up for Gevedin’s squad….may I ask your location?â€￾

“Good news for you Korde I’m at the power plant. So get here fast.â€￾

Overhead the deafening sound of the thunder hawks could be heard, here and there, their salamander green colour could be seen by all through the bellowing debris and dust.
They began lowering to the ground shaking, all the debris across the air in gushes of a forced wind blowing the grass below about.
Their roaring engines drowned out any other noises.
Several of these large bulky armoured vessels descended from the dawn rising sky, and lowered to the ground.
With a mighty last roar, they touched down, shaking the ground once more in one final defiance with a last burst of flames coming from their aft engines, before falling silent.
They’d come to rest by the cliffs within the same location, of Quornas, Commissar Fenerson, and lieutenant Tyde, stood.
Quornas approached, the lead thunder hawks ramp whilst it began lowering for the Salamanders commander to greet Quornas himself.
Fenerson followed Quornas with lieutenant Tyde at his side, placing his lieutenant’s cap above his short cropped fair hair.
The Salamanders Commander stepped from the ramp followed By Grailin. “I am Commander Volorie of the Salamanders fourth company, and we have come as requested.â€￾ He said speaking in a deep tone.
Grailin bowed his head before Quornas. "I found them enrout to our location so it seemed the right thing to do and thus I joined them." He explained while stepping from the ramp to stand with Quornas.
"Under these circumstance's it appears you have done the right thing." Quornas returned.
Quornas looked Commander Volorie up and down, he was a dark skinned man with short blond hair, he wore many purity seals across his eagle spread chest along with his terminator honours chain, his left shoulder pad was marked with the Salamanders symbol, whilst his right shoulder pad bore the mark of his terminator honours sculpted permanently across for all to see, his flapping cape was made up of a giant salamanders skin. “From the air we saw at least five hundred chaos marines headed towards the bridge. So if you would I believe the time has come to evacuate this place.â€￾
“My Captain is currently in the city, trying to destroy it.â€￾ Explained Quornas.
“Have you managed to evacuate all the civvies?â€￾ Volorie asked looking at Fenerson.
Fenerson removed his cap to scratch his short white kemp hair. “The last is about to leave now.â€￾
Then, Commander Volorie looked across the thrashing river into Volcane. “If we’re going to do this right, I need all your guardsmen and your Leman Russ battle tanks at this side of the bridge fending that scum off, if they try to cross. Whilst we try and find the Crimson Fists good captain.â€￾
Lieutenant Tyde saluted Volorie. “Consider it done.â€￾ He said nervously thinking he’d just agreed to his death sentence, whilst walking off down the hill to lead his men into almost certain death.
“Chaplain you and your retinue will of course join me in the skies.â€￾
A sudden noise from a loud splash, followed by a glint of sunlight across the river caught Quornas’s eye.
He stepped to the cliff’s edge to see Redeka and Vexe drop into the thrashing water from one of the drains leading from the city side cliffs.
“There.â€￾ Quornas yelled pointing at the two marines struggling to swim in the thrashing water.
Switching to the com in his throat. “Jisener we have two swimmers pick ‘em up.â€￾
Volorie ordered to one of the thunder hawks.
The loud growling sound of the engines ignited up, once again lifting the mighty vessel up into the air, tilting forwards, it began flying down to the river.
Fenerson had been looking through his binoculars across to Volcane, only to see an armada of hundreds and hundreds of approaching chaos marines accompanied by cultists many of whom were mounted up on the chaos marines Rhinos and land raiders, headed into the direction of the bridge.
Putting down his binoculars he looked on at the last of the escaping vessels, carrying the civvies. “I believe it is time for me to take my leave.â€￾ He said scuttling past the Salamanders thunder hawks down to the last escape vessel.
Grailin watched as the man boarded the escaping vessel. "Coward." He muttered under his teeth.

“Swimmers picked up Commander, one of whom is Vexe.â€￾ Came Jiseners voice over the com.

“What of the other.â€￾ Asked Volorie.

“Just getting to that Commander. He’s a Crimson Fist, say’s some of them are at the city’s cathedral.â€￾

“Does he know where their Captain is?â€￾

“The power plant.â€￾

Quornas accompanied by his retinue of the five Crimson Fists and now Grailin followed Volorie up the ramp of his thunder hawk. “If I know my Captain he will be there to destroy it.â€￾
Quornas said with the ramp closing behind him.
My Website

Next