IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Forum outage last night

Postby IBBoard at 25 Jan 2007, 13:12

Sorry to anyone trying to access the forums last night but we had about eight hours of downtime between the combined HiveWorldTerra sites and my other sites using up the last of their bandwidth and the point this morning where I realised we'd ran out! Normally I keep a lot closer eye on the situation, but I was a little slow this time.

On the plus side, I put in a ticket to the Billing team at 8:12am GMT to ask for more bandwidth and by 8:28am GMT one of the Techs on night shift had picked up the ticket and processed it for me :) Considering how it'd have been 11-12pm in Atlanta and the Techs may have had other issues, that's a good turn around!
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Forum outage last night

Postby IBBoard at 01 Feb 2007, 08:11

We had another brief outage last night after I misjudged the amount of bandwidth we'd need. From 11pm GMT until 5am GMT (the start of the new month) we were out of bandwidth again. Luckily the new month means a new quota and the site came back automatically :)

Skins@HWT managed to use a huge 29GB of bandwidth last month - 4GB over my actual quota! And then there's the other sites on top of that.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)