The Dwarfs Are Coming!

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

The Dwarfs Are Coming!

Postby Simguinus at 12 Aug 2006, 10:30

As my next 'project' for the HWT Encyclopedia Workshopica, I've laid my grubby paws on a battered but intact copy of the Dammaz Kron (Book of Grduges, for those of us who don't speak Khazalid) - better known to the more sane populace as WD 152 - which gives me a complete list of all Dwarf Holds in the Warhammer world.

Can you guess what's going into the 'pedia next? :)
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: The Dwarfs Are Coming!

Postby IBBoard at 20 Aug 2006, 15:55

:D I think I should have a copy of 152 myself (at my parents' house). AFAIK I've got back to about the 120s solid, plus a few scattered before :D

I look forward to the new definitions, and I'll try to get the pending ones up soon (new job starts on Monday, and the Internet is only just hooked up to my machine so it might not be as swift as normal)
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 24 Aug 2006, 08:47

Pending ones? Odd. I haven't put anything in recently. :shock:
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 25 Aug 2006, 12:11

Perhaps it wasn't you, or perhaps it was spam. I didn't actually pay much attention to it, I just dumped the notification in to my "To deal with" folder :D Hopefully I'll get a chance to sort it all out soon, although work has been taking it out of me a little - I'm not used to having to get up early, go out and do a job!
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 25 Aug 2006, 19:57

Sucks, don't it?

I used to have get up at 5:45am to take a train to Edinburgh - get to the office 8:30 and work until 5pm cos there was no point finishing at 4:30 - I'd have worked my time, but no train back to Dumpdee til 5:09, so no point hanging around Edinburgh for 30 minutes, and I may as well have the flexi credit than sit about twiddling my thumbs at Haymarket station. :?

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 28 Aug 2006, 10:15

Same here - up at 6:15 to get to the office by 8:10 (the only other train would get me there by 9:30ish! On the plus side my manager lets me go home at 4:30 and I only 'owe' the company 45 minutes by the end of the week, which I make up by reading the odd report on the train. It's great when the flexi-time is used so that even the managers aren't in all hours because they'll take the 'read a report' alternative :D

On a more related note - I'll get your newest definitions up shortly. I'm going to clear out the spammers and then sort the definitions.

[edit] Definitions are now up :) and it turned out the original submission I saw was someone saying "I can't find a copy of Tau Empires Codex on the net" and submitting it under 'Codex'. Well, duh! That'd be copyright breech!

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 11 Oct 2006, 16:24

See my lazy-ass-distracted-by-shiny-thingness. I got about halfway through this one before the Space Fleet fluff distracted me....I promise faithfully to finish off the dwarf cities by the end of the month. Honest :P