IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

RE: Suggestion of Encyclopedia improvement

Postby IBBoard at 18 Sep 2006, 20:53

Okay, maybe it'll be up tomorrow. I've now added extensible BBCode to the Grots system so that there's core BBCode-like tags (e.g. [b] and [url]) plus modules can have their own codes (e.g. [xref=keyword] for an automated cross-reference in the Encyclopedia module).

Also, Simguinus has now accepted the post of Chief Librarian. I'll be adding his account to the main HWT website soon, where he'll be able to add definitions and news without my approval.
Out now: Dawn of War Texture/Skin Downloads
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 16 Mar 2007, 12:56

Just a new addition to tack in here that I'll hopefully add over the weekend (I'm at work now, so I could add it, but it'd be slow and awkward through the work firewall): a new category of "Real-world war gaming".

The idea is that it's a new category (like WH, 40K and Dark Future) that contains terminology used in the playing of GW games and between gamers as opposed to the content of the game mythology and background itself. Terms I can think of off the top of my head include"Beardy", "Fluffy/Fluff" and "Cheesy" (which could be closely related to Beardy, I can't remember!). I've had to explain at least one of those words to a non-gamer recently, so it might be useful if the "encyclopedia of useful GW-related words" covered those as well as the 'canon' (which is another word to go in, although it's used in fairly standard usage)
At v0.1: WarFoundry (open source, cross-platform, multi-system army creation application)

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 24 Mar 2007, 08:00

also 'twinky' for the US gamer....

I am a little confused though...I could've sworn I put a definition in for the Iron Warriors last week, which fitted with the format I've been using for the other Traitor Legions and was about twice the length of the one in there now... :?
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353

IBBoard
Administrator, Commissar
Administrator
Commissar
Progress to next rank:

38%

Postby IBBoard at 24 Mar 2007, 12:10

Twinky? Never heard of that one before (apart from some cake or bar or sweet or something!) :D

According to the Admin logs (which I keep for just such a situation :) ) the only update of the Iron Warriors you've done is today, and the logs go back to mid-September last year (so Iron Warriors must have either not been logged or originally entered before then). If you did make a change then it looks like it didn't submit properly. Sorry :\

Thanks for keeping updating, though. I'll try to collate some stats for you over the weekend so that you know how the Encyclopedia does :)

Simguinus
Guardsman (Decorated)
Guardsman (Decorated)
Progress to next rank:

34%

Postby Simguinus at 24 Mar 2007, 18:29

I've had more time for the encyc recently, but its slower going than it used to be cos I'm making things more detailed....I've overwritten the Iron Warriors entry that was there on account of sections being directly lifted from their Wikipedia entry. I'm still planning on adding to it. At some point I'll go and do a list of Chapters, Legions and Primarchs too...promise :)

Twinky (adj. derog. slang) - a gamer who abuses systemic rules for their own benefit by adhering to the absolute letter and in no way, shape or form, the spirit of the rules.

It's definitely an U.S thing - I'm familiar with it only through extended contact with White Wolf and their WoD series.
Ego Ordinis Mallei Inquisitor, per auctoritate Digamma, Decimatio, Duodecies, ultimum exterminatum planetae [insert here] cum extrema celeritate impero.

(roughly; 'I, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, hereby authorise Death, Destruction, Doom, the total extermination of the planet "blah" with the most extreme and imperative speed.')

In a galaxy of a million worlds, what does the death of one matter?

Simguinus, Chief Historitor

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/p ... e_id=66353

Previous